[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sg/ - Ski General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 38

File: spine2.jpg (818KB, 1080x719px) Image search: [Google]
spine2.jpg
818KB, 1080x719px
/sg/ - Ski General #5
Winter is here edition
Last thread: >>727764

>I've never skied before, what do I need to know before I start?
pastebin.com/gpincHC3

>What skis should I get?
evo.com/how-to-choose-skis-size-chart-and-guide.aspx

>What boots should I get?
It is extremely important to get boots that fit you well and to have them heat moulded. Therefore, it is very important to go to a professional bootfitter (not just a ski shop, but specifically a bootfitter). For a list of reputable bootfitters, refer to epicski.com/wiki/boot-fitters-on-epicski
You can also consider getting custom footbeds for increased comfort and performance. If you are a beginner this is not that important (though getting boots from a bootfitter is), but if you are an advanced-expert skier it will make a big difference.

>Why is it so important to go to a bootfitter?/I went to a bootfitter and still have a problem, what's wrong?
epicski.com/a/boot-fitting-which-boot-will-work-for-me

>What bindings should I get?
The most important things to consider with bindings are DIN range and brake width. Your DIN should be around the middle of your binding's DIN range. For example, if you ski with a DIN of 7, a 4-12 binding would be good for you. A 1-7 or a 7-16 would be bad. If you don't know your DIN, look up a DIN chart.
The brake width should be approximately equal to the waist of the ski. It's better for the brake to be a little smaller than a little bigger (ski shop techs can bend the brakes when they mount the bindings), but if you go more than 7mm or so smaller the brakes might not fit well. Going up to about 10mm wider on the brakes is alright too as long as you don't carve really aggressively.

>Where should I ski?
Right now: onthesnow.com/skireport.html
In general: onthesnow.com/ski-resort.html

>I suck at skiing, how can I get better?
Stop being a faggot and huck something big. Or post video of you skiing ITT and we'll critique it.

>Is it true that only faggots snowboard?
Yes.
>>
What do you wear under ski pants to stay warm? Long johns weren't enough for me yesterday at Mammoth. Should I just spring for insulated ski pants?
>>
>>799149
yes, I go with compression pants that are designed for cold and ski pants that have a nice thick layer inside.
>>
>tfw you can only ski the bunny hill because every other run is too steep to go down without spinning out every turn
I just wanna git gud /sg/
>>
>>799149
I wear insulated Gore-Tex ski pants with only shorts underneath. I sometimes wear 3SP pants underneath if it's very cold (like -20F).
>>799190
Read the pastebin in the OP. Where do you live/ski?
>>
>>799213
Reading basic instructions doesn't really help improve anything.
I ski at snowbird and besides the bunny hill the only open trails are """""blues""""" which have multiple sections with 45 degree or higher faces. I'll get really fast, try to turn, then either keep turning until I end up doing a split or can't stop and end up in a tree.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong that probably requires personal attention but if you can offer any advice based on the problem I'm having I'd appreciate it.
>>
Any Oregonians here? Have you been up to Hood yet this year? What do you think the conditions will be like (will it be as awful as last year)
>>
>>799149
My pants are mostly uninsulated, but I wear a 3/4-length base layer underneath. I rarely have an issue with y legs getting to cold as long as I keep my core warm.
>>
>>799215
I spend winters in Utah, I'll be moving there in about a month, skiing mostly at Snowbird. I'll give you a free lesson when I get there if you want.
>45 degree or higher
lolno, that's steeper than most double black terrain. Snowbird's blues are probably like 20-something degrees.
>I'll get really fast, try to turn, then either keep turning until I end up doing a split or can't stop and end up in a tree.
Turn more. Don't ski straight down the fall line. Ski back and forth across the trail.
>>
>>799149
>he can't stay warm with long johns under a pair of jeans

Coastie detected
>>
>>799215
You have to learn when you're going too fast for the conditions, and the easiest way to tell is if you turn and you don't turn as much as you want to.

If all else fails just take each slope nice and slow, going back and forth across the middle in lines almost completely perpendicular to the hill. Sure you're going to piss off people interested in GOTTAGOFAST but they're going to get their asses hauled off by ski patrol if they endanger anybody.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (30KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
30KB, 367x451px
>>799328
>wearing jeans while skiing
>>
>>799326
>20-something degrees
Okay I may have exaggerated a bit but if you can't see the bottom of a 70 yard or so section until you're at the top that's way more than 20 degrees.
>Ski back and forth across the trail
That's what I do but I end up losing control as I go to transition from side to side.

>>799334
I usually turn more than I want to while expecting to cut more speed than I am for some reason. Instead of just making a 90 degree turn the speed will make me continue to rotate instead of stopping at the right time. Maybe I should ease into the turn more, or cut quicker?
>>
>>799334
>Sure you're going to piss off people interested in GOTTAGOFAST
That's why you don't be a fucking dumbass faggot about it. Go back and forth across the hill but don't take up the entire fucking width of the hill. Leave like 15 feet margins on each edge of the trail. It doesn't make things any worse for you and it lets other people go fast. I fucking hate people that take up the entire fucking trail, and rightfully so. Sure, beginners have the right to be there, but they don't fucking own the entire hill, and other people have the right to be there too.
>>
File: sophisticated man skiing.jpg (58KB, 480x434px) Image search: [Google]
sophisticated man skiing.jpg
58KB, 480x434px
>>799353
>not using texas gore-tex
pleb detected
>>
File: shovel.jpg (9KB, 177x286px) Image search: [Google]
shovel.jpg
9KB, 177x286px
Anyone carry a shovel into the back country? I need to get one for this season in the bowl

E L N I N O
L
N
I
N
O
>>
>>799355
>Okay I may have exaggerated a bit but if you can't see the bottom of a 70 yard or so section until you're at the top that's way more than 20 degrees.
No, it's really not. Terrain always looks steeper than it actually is. Measure it and you'll see.
>That's what I do but I end up losing control as I go to transition from side to side.
Keep your weight forward, maintain a balanced stance, and use weight and edging to turn.
Btw, see >>799356, it will help you and the expert skiers stay on good terms with each other and keep everyone respectful of each other
>>
>>799358
Yes, everyone who isn't a fucking moron carries a shovel when they go into the backcountry, along with a beacon and probe.
>>
>>799328
spotted the gaper
>>
>>799359
>implying I give a shit about expert skiiers
If they're actually experts then they should have no trouble maneuvering around someone going 1/10th the speed of them.

Insufferable cunts like that guy should go open their own mountain and require skill exams to buy a pass so they don't have to be bothered by people who weren't born ski gods.
>>
>>799362
Any brand or features you like?
>>
>>799365
>doesn't want dumbass gapers getting in everyone's way
>expects them to leave a small margin on the edge of the run which harms them in no way whatsoever
>therefore an "insufferable cunt"
Fuck off.
>>
>>799399
Do you not realize that slow people with obvious paths are the easiest possible people to avoid and therefore the people who are affecting you the least?
Just admit you're an elitist faggot that wants every run to themselves then fuck off.
>>
>>799423
>Do you not realize that slow people with obvious paths are the easiest possible people to avoid and therefore the people who are affecting you the least?
When they are going slow and with obvious paths, yes. When the hill is crowded and they're obliviously skiing straight across the whole hill and cutting off everyone and making sudden unpredictable changes in their path, no. And when the hill is crowded, the fast skiers tend to take the very edge of the run (partly for convience, and partly out of courtesy to the slow skiers), so one dumbass going way across the hill including the end margins just fucks things up for everyone because then the fast skiers have to go further in to avoid them where all the other casuals are. It's not that fucking hard to leave the left and right few percent of the run for the people that are courteously avoiding going fast in the crowded middle section.
Just admit that you're a shitty skier who will never amount to anything and fuck yourself.
>>
>>799437
Damn man, if I ever caused you or one of your almighty ski bretheren to make an extra turn or...gasp...slow down a bit, then I just don't know how I will live with myself. I might as well give up learning to ski 2 days in because we all know I will never to amount to your level of greatness.

Of course, mountains don't need us plebeian's measly ticket sales to continue operating. I recommend you find yourself a leadership position at your favorite hill and enforce some new policies. Cull some, I mean most, of the customer base and before you know it you'll have all the blue and green groomers to yourself for all your expert needs!
>>
So how does everyone here afford to ski?
Im working on mountain and want to get all my avo gear/training but shits like literally one months pay damn. Plus i need new poles, goggles, jacket etc.
>>
>>799550
I work at a mountain too. Free pass obviously, free poles (borrowing from rentals), half off boots, 60% off outerwear/accessories, 75% off skis. Depends on what department you're in so maybe ask your manager what discounts you qualify for.
>>
File: absolutely groundhog.jpg (39KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely groundhog.jpg
39KB, 435x326px
>>799797
>wanting to even touch rental poles
>>
>>799550
You work.
>>
>>799808
a metal stick is a metal stick
>>
>>799502
>silver-ekstra
>>
>>799502
wait, is she going the wrong way?

lel
>>
>>799836
This. Height is all that matters
>>
>>799836
The vast majority of rental poles out there are fiberglass, because they don't get bent and are harder to break. The trade-off is that they are about as stiff as a wet noodle.
>>
>>799797
Those are pretty rediculous savings. I worked a resort last season and our discount was like 10%.

Anyway this season im at a lodge so i suspect im not gonna be able to buy a reduced beacon from my manager.
>>
Hi guys, never been skiing before.
Live in London.
None of my friends ski.
Should I go skiing on my own or is this a really bad idea?
Are there any groups or what not I can join for 30 year olds that are getting into skiing?
>>
>>800070
it's called "lessons"
>>
>>800070
If you're already 30 and just starting you should probably take lessons. Kids can pick it up on their own easily, but at your age lessons will be pretty important imo.
For friends to go with, you could try ski forums (especially epicski.com) and also meetup.com and similar sites (not sure if meetup does UK but there are probably equivilents)
>>
>>800070
>London
That's gonna get expensive.
>>
Sup /Ski/

Finally going Skiing again this new year.
Last time I went was 8 years ago in Tremblant, so naturally I'm very excited.
Going to Morzine this time, French/Swiss alps. Anyone else been? Is it good?
>>
>>799149
Layers. How many and what material will depend largely on the weather. Outer layer is semi warm gore tex pants. Under that it's anything from a single pair of thin compression/moisture wicking pants to 3 to 4 layers of different pants.

>>799440
It isn't about needing to take extra turns or even slowing down. Hell getting as many turns as possible into a run is the goal when I need to ski a green or blue groomer. And 15 feet is literally all the space I'll ever need for that. Even 10 would be enough. I don't care about needing to go around the slower skiers. It's part of being a fast skier. You catch up to others and then find a way to go around them, even slow down if necessary.

If the hill is really so crowded that there isn't any space I don't mind slowing down. However when it's a few skiers who are completely oblivious to everything that's happening around them taking up the entire width of a +150 feet wide groomer it's kinda annoying. Not that they're there skiing and not even that they can't ski that well. I was bad when I first got on skis. What gets me is not paying any attention to what happens around you and the complete lack of respect to others on the mountain.

It doesn't take much to notice that the fast skiers tend to go to the margins when it's crowded. And it doesn't take anything away from you to leave the last 15 feet for those that want to go faster than you.

>>799550
By having a real job and not working at the mountain.

>>799836
>>799877
>all I've ever tried are rental/the absolute cheapest poles available and don't know from anything better.
>>
File: Tien Shan mountain range.jpg (20KB, 428x321px) Image search: [Google]
Tien Shan mountain range.jpg
20KB, 428x321px
I cannot fucking wait to go skiing this year. I am planning on hitting Crystal Mt. soon, in the next month or two and then Big White in February.

I am a below average skier and wanted to get some video so I could show /sg/ and maybe get some constructive criticism.

What cam recorders do you guys use? I plan to do more research on this myself but figured I would ask here too.
>>
>>800948
For first person I use a Contour. For third person I don't know a lot about cameras/camcorders, I've just been filmed by whatever the person has. Phone, GoPro, etc. I knew a guy with a Panasonic Lumix camera (that does photos and videos I think) and he took really high quality video of me with that, but I think it's like a $2000 camera.
If you just want to be filmed for the sake of getting advice online I would suggest not buying a camcorder specifically for that, just have a friend/relative film you with a camera they already have or even a phone
>>800914
>If the hill is really so crowded that there isn't any space I don't mind slowing down. However when it's a few skiers who are completely oblivious to everything that's happening around them taking up the entire width of a +150 feet wide groomer it's kinda annoying. Not that they're there skiing and not even that they can't ski that well. I was bad when I first got on skis. What gets me is not paying any attention to what happens around you and the complete lack of respect to others on the mountain.
Fucking THIS
>>all I've ever tried are rental/the absolute cheapest poles available and don't know from anything better
This too. The main advantage of high end poles imo is having much more comfortable grips.
>>
>>799117
can you recommend me good skiing jackets or brands to check out?
I'm an advanced skier, but the last time i bought a jacket was 4 years ago when i was 16 ( that teenage-classic three-stripe billabong).
I really like the Napapijri anoraks. Are they any good for skiing?
>>
>>800914
>real job
Have fun skiing twice a season. I bet you wear spyder gear and spend most of your day at apres matey. True punter style.
>>
>>801220
Not that guy but I think what he means is this:

You are working a job that is seasonal, and not a stable long term gig. Ergo, you are not making much. Cool, you practically live on the slopes, and if you consider that a great trade off then great. See how you feel about that 5 years down the line.

More importantly than that though - what mountain do you work at?
>>
>>801109
I like the Marmot Minimalist. It's a non-insulated jacket intended for summer, but I wear it over other layers, and it is excellent. I'd much rather dress like that than wear a heavier winter jacket.

But really anything with Gore Tex. It will depend on your body shape, different brands/models will fit different people better. Go to an outdoor store (preferably something like REI because then they'll have more of the thin un-insulated "rain jackets" rather than just insulated "ski jackets" like a ski shop) and try some on.
>>
>>801220
Pretty much this >>801233

You most likely ski much more than I do if you're working on the mountain. I do have a cabin at a mountain so I can spend every weekend during the season skiing if I want to. And as long as the weather is nice enough that's what I'm most likely doing.

But skiing isn't my only winter hobby and I'm completely fine with the 30 - 50 days I ski during a season. And since I don't live right next to the mountain when I go skiing I'm there from the first chair to last on most days.
>>
File: image_3.jpg (53KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
53KB, 900x900px
>checking the east coast forecast
>>
>>801109

Arcteryx and Armada are my jam. Expensive shit full price, but if you have a friend working somewhere who can hit you with sweet discounts, or then just find one on sale (or barely used/new second hand), they're very much worth it.

In general in my opinion lightweight shell jackets are a game changer, especially once you are at the level you're spending a lot of time in back-/sidecountry and climbing stuff because then getting sweaty starts to be a real issue with heavily insulated jackets.
>>
>>804108
>because then getting sweaty starts to be a real issue with heavily insulated jackets
good point right here
>>
>>800981
Contour is a nice entry level camera, too bad it doesn't have 1080p at 60fps...
>>
How can I sharpen extremely dull edges? Extremely dull meaning 200 days on the skis without sharpening them once, and 1-2+ hours of using shop-quality edge tools in attempt to sharpen them with minimal effect.
>>
>>804971
Your bases are most likely in awful condition also. Get them grinded to a level at a shop that has decent machinery for it. Make sure it's a stone grind and none of that cheap belt shit so that you actually get a level base and edges that you can then set properly.

Also make sure you use your tools properly, some files cut only in one direction.
>>
>>805018
I was using the files the right direction, and I got my bases ground near the end of last ski season, haven't skied them much since then. Thanks though
>>
>>799550

I started skiing with boots and straight skis I found in the trash, didn't even have poles. Then my boots and skis broke so I bought boots used gear for about $150 (I spent a little extra on the skis because I wanted twin tips). It's not the best shit but skiing is skiing, IMO all that matters is that you have fun.
>>
>>799149

I wear tights and sweatpants if needed under my ski pants. I'm used to the cold though; there was a three year period when I wore shorts year round. I think I may have autism.
>>
>>805269
Pretty smart bro, thats definitely a good way to go.
>>
>>799353
>Not knowing that Max Hill skis with the skinniest of Jeans while Buttering to hell and back.
>>
File: goat.jpg (46KB, 626x360px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
46KB, 626x360px
why did they ruin them?
>>
Is there no snowboard general?
I guess this question applies to skis too, is there such a thing as overkill when getting ski/snowboard locks?
First time owning my own supplies and I really don't want it to get stolen while going to take a piss or something
>>
>>805926
millennials
>>
>>805938
Most people don't use locks, so even a very low-security lock is enough. Get http://www.evo.com/locks/dakine-micro-lock.aspx

There was a snowboard general but the faggots let it die because they're faggots. They pretty much just copied/pasted the /sg/ OP and re-named it Snowboard General.
>>
Well no snow in sight and it hasn't snowed since Saturday.

This weekend is fucked aswell.
>>
>>806000
sucks bro,theres always next weekend.
>>
>>805938
I've been skiing for over 20 years and have never had any of my gear stolen.
>>
File: 20151122_210549.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151122_210549.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
East coast here still waiting on winter. All new gear for the season
>>
>>799358
I'd go for the green snovel anon, take it and shove it up your ass
>>
>>805943
I want to get a lock, but I hear sometimes locks can have some issues unlocking in the cold weather. Does locking your gear also plant a target on it?
>>
>>806286
Only shitty locks will have problems in the cold. I've had a relatively cheap combination lock on my trailer for the last 4 years and it's never had problems opening up during winter. And that thing is outside 24/7. I do apply some quality oil to it before every winter but that's the only maintenance it gets.

If you have a lock and are having problems locking it in the cold don't do it if you want to open the lock without much work.

And locking your shit won't make them a target unless it's a special one of a kind board/skis. And those would be a target even without the lock. If someone comes to the mountain to steal equipment there's so much skis and boards that aren't locked that they wouldn't bother with locked gear.

Though as some other anon already said I've never had anything get stolen during 20 years of skiing and never locking anything. And I've always skied on high end skis so it's not because my skis are so shitty that no one wants them.
>>
>>806245
fuck off reeeeee

went skiing in da midwest twice over my tgiving break, skied some dope rails bro

to be honest family I want to ski out here in Colorado but my skis are so beat to shit they'd be unsafe to ride anywhere but midwest rope tow parks and pinning midwest """runs"""
>>
File: viator.png (1MB, 1880x955px) Image search: [Google]
viator.png
1MB, 1880x955px
roast my ski choice tbqh
>>
>>806591
Those are top tier topsheets desu senpai.

The skis itself are shit though.
>>
>>806591
H I P S T E R
I
P
S
T
E
R
>>
How many days of resort skiing does a high quality boot last? Can the liners be replaced separately?
>>
>>806754
Good boots last a long time. My Fischers have well over 100 days on them. The liners have probably packed out, but they fit my feet well enough that I haven't noticed any ill effects.

Physical damage to the boot and buckles is usually what limits a boot's life, and high quality boots use high quality materials and hardware that will help resist damage.
>>
anybody here try making their own park features? I have some good hills at both my house and at my college and Im trying to make a cheap rail to session when I'm bored. additionally, any suggestions for making good jumps?
>>
Any ski recommendations specific to Mammoth? I'm looking at the Black Diamond Boundary but don't really know how to determine if it's suited for Mammoth snow.
>>
>>806754
You can get custom liners for a couple hundred bucks. I don't know if you can buy the stock ones separate or why you'd even want to
>>
>>799372
(Not that guy)

For a shovel? I have a Voile Telepro T6 (the orange one make sure it's a `T6` and not the other one.) It's pretty sturdy but a bit heavy.
>>
>>806771
High quality boots also have spare parts to them available so a broken buckle won't rendem them instantly unusable.
>>
>>807128
>a bit heavy.
thats what i find the good quality shovels are usually on the heavier side.
>>
How hard is it to get a lift operator job at a major resort? Are all the positions filled up by teenagers months in advance?
>>
>>808286
Easy as fuck, just go say you want to work as a liftie and they'll hire you then and there

from my experience
>>
>>799550
If you actually work in the industry then your department heads should be steering you to shit like promotive. It's not difficult to qualify.
>>
>>799902
They are also roughly twice the wholesale cost, have very nearly the same amount of fleet shrinkage from loss/theft/dumbfuckery, show cosmetic wear much quicker AND piss rental shop managers the fuck off when their staff have to go to dig slivers out of their hands every time they return a set.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 250x769px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 250x769px
Skiboarders/Snowbladers welcome here? I've got 130s and a set of rockered 125s. Release bindings only.

I'm a casual east coast skier so I'm mainly looking to stay out of people's way and try not to die on sheets of ice.
>>
>>808899
>casual
>snow blades

You don't say?
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 768x1024px
>>808899
Actual setup of the 130s pictured here.
>>
>>808912
There is a pretty small but hard core contingent of guys who do backcountry and telemarking with em.

Just wondering if people still hate them or gotten over it.
>>
Why do people telemark?
>>
>>808946
>telemarking on blades
Who the fuck came up with this?

I don't hate blades per se. I do hate most of the people on them however. But that's nothing to do with what they're skiing on. It just seems like all the insufferable cunts are skiing on blades.
>>
>>808962
Because it's fun and lets you show off.
>>
>>808967
Fair enough. I'll take it. Not an insufferable cunt so to me that's a win.

I don't know why some guys telemark on skiboards but it's mostly older guys 50+ from either NorCal or the Pacific Northwest. They really enjoy it though.
>>
>no money for gear because fixing my tooths cost me a 1000$ which I will be done paying by december
>>
>>799215
ill be at snowbird and UT in general about a year from now, also, chips run is not 45 degrees, the advice i would give is that you should turn pizza until you can step and jump turn. Lean on the outside ski to turn the opposite direction, other ski for the other way
>>
>>809019
damn dude well at least you got your teeth fixed and almost done paying. Used gear or rental is always an option.
>>
Can you actually make enough to live on as liftie?
>>
>>809867
Depends where you live. I had a buddy who was a liftie and he roomed with some other lifties. It's possible I'd you live cheap
>>
>>809867
if you were willing to actually accommodate to the salary you would get and do things like >>809931
said probably.
>>
>>809559
I wasn't talking about chip's run. There are parts of bassackwards and lunch run that are close to it. I can ski them now fairly easily but my form can still use work
>>
>>810044
Stop making shit up. Please. There is nowhere on any blue run at Snowbird that is anywhere near 45 degrees. The steepest sections of the the runs you mentioned are probably 20-something degrees (and yes, I've skied them multiple times). *Possibly* 30-something. I will bet you a thousand dollars there is not a single blue at Snowbird with a single section in excess of 45 degrees. Even most double black diamond terrain at Snowbird is under 45 degrees. There are areas of Barry Barry Steep, Get Serious Chutes, Tiger Tail, etc that come close to 45, maybe even exceed it in places, and Forbidden Zone definitely has terrain in excess of 45 degrees (I'm guessing 55 or thereabouts). But the blues do not have terrain anywhere near 45 degrees and I really wish you would stop spewing your shit that you pull out your asshole with absolutely no basis.
>>
>>810204
Why are you getting so worked up? Unless you feel like going out there with a protractor or something your guess is as good as mine.

I don't really feel like continuing to argue over the steepness of some dirt somewhere since it doesn't matter at all. I guess /sg/ is just like the rest of 4chan, except the autists here happen to ski too.
>>
IF I START SKIING WILL I GET A CUTE ARYAN SNOW BUNNY GF?
>>
>>799215
Boardfag here, takes literally a 5 minites video on youtube to get the basics. After that you just work on paralell skiing.
>>
>>810580
I'm not him but it's obvious to everyone who's skied terrain with actual 45 degree sections that there aren't blues with 45 degree sections. You don't need any sort of measuring devices to see it.

Without never even having been to snowbird I can confidently say there aren't any blues with 45 degree sections there.

And why are we getting so worked up for this? Because you come in here, obviously with hardly any experience and asking for advice. And as soon as people with much more experience than you tell you that you're wrong you start arguing with them. That's not what you do if you want help. Just admit your fucking mistake and learn from those who know their shit, it won't even be a huge hit on your ego since you're just an anon. The autist here is you.
>>
File: jay_4.jpg (50KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
jay_4.jpg
50KB, 800x533px
Anyone ridden Jay Peak or local too it? Gonna be back on the east coast for the holidays.
>tired of Killington and Whiteface.
>been to Sugarbush.
>never to Jay.

Any relatively cheap place for like 3 nights? Found a joint on airbnb but what about the on slope shit thats part of the Jay resort? Worth?
>>
>>810660
Kek I'm not the one who's buttblasted because someone inaccurately described the grade of a certain run such is apparently equivalent to punching their mother in the face.

You guys can continue throwing fits over nothing, I'll be out enjoying the mountain.
>>
>>810807
>can barely ski blues
>enjoying the mountain
kek
>>
>>810820
>blatantly making things up
here's your (you). Might come back to this gen in a month to see if you guys stopped being least helpful thread on the board
>>
>>810829
Dont bother, they will be gone in a fortnight
This is the /wwe/ general now
>>
>>810829
Sorry for giving you too much credit.
>>
>>810829
Le ggwp maximemer :^)
>>
>>810807
The only reason I am "buttblasted" is because you said they are 45 degrees a while back, it was explained to you that you were wrong, and now you are claiming the same thing again. Making a mistake is fine. Inaccurately gauging a slope's gradient is very understandable, many people do it. But to continue claiming something is 45 degrees after a much more experienced person explains that you are wrong is top-tier incompetence and faggotry of the highest order.
>>810829
I'm the one who accused you of blatantly making things up, not the anon you quoted.
>>
>>811016
I literally said I was exaggerating in my original reply so I have no idea why you're so eager to keep putting words in my mouth.
I'm really done posting now though, peace out
>>
>>808899
>>808917
How are they compared to standard skis? I've heard mixed reviews, a lot seem to hate on it, but I've also had a ski freak friend of mine vouch for them up until he busted his knee. The main points I've heard are that they're harder to balance on, which I would think you could get over with enough practice, and that they're slower, which might actually suck since I tend to take a racing style when skiing. I keep trying to rent them but no hills carry them due to lack of interest and injury rate.
>>
>half the thread is some gaper getting BTFO because the angle of his blue runs isn't quite as hardcore as he though

I don't know if this thread is for me, guys.
>>
>>812804
Don't worry, anon, it's usually not like this. The noobs who post in /sg/ usually just want to talk about skiing and get advice and answers. This gaper faggot is the only one who talks shit, and he hasn't been here for long. He'll probably get bored and leave soon.
>>
>>806000
Here we are again and still no snow since 01.12.

Is this the knew winter of europe?
Barley any "snow" until beginning of January.
0Ā°C altitude is 2000m.
>>
>>813816
Altitude 0m and we have snow in Europe. There's even more snow where I ski at.
>>
>>813863
I live in Switzerland, current temp. is 5Ā°C at around 400m alt..
>>
>>813888
-2 here. Though this "winter" has been really warm so far.
>>
>>812028
Age 14: First experience on long skis (rental skis+rental boots). Took a ski class, then had 2 days of skiing. Absolutely hated it. When I fell down it was difficult getting up. I spent most of the weekend trying to keep my boots in the bindings.

Age 16: First experience on Salomon "Snow Blades"- boots and blades were rentals. Snowblade rental was offered free for our class trip so thats what most people rode. Took a Snow blade class and it went well. Had a good time all weekend though admittedly 2 friends ended up with knee sprains due to non release bindings.

Age 22: Missed snow sports and remembered that I enjoyed my experience on snowblades. Went out and bought 98cm Mike Nick Pro skiboard w/ nonrelease bindings for cheap on ebay. Took them out to a small local mountain to make sure that I still enjoyed it and was not total crap at it. Had positive experience. Went back a few more times to tiny local mountain.

I started checking out the skiboard community (very tiny but SUPER dedicated). Bought RELEASABLE bindings to avoid knee injury and over a few years picked several pairs. I now own my original 98cm pair, 110cm, rockered 125cm, and 130s.

I only get out for 3-4 days a year, but I really like them. I never had any of the common newbie problem like not being able to to get off of or out of way of a ski lift or not being able to get up after a fall.

I haven't been to any of the popular big mountains recently but at age 16 I did all the blues at Lake Placid, NY on snow blades, and I currently do all blues and the easier blacks at Seven Springs near Pittsburgh, PA on my 130s.

I've never had a balance issue on them, the only problems I really have is sometimes things can get sketchy in the icy east coast crud when you are really trying to hold an edge to slow down and there just isnt enough surface area to slow you down to where you feel comfortable.

That and as a casual skiier steeper runs are VERY intimidating on short boards
>>
File: mikenicks.jpg (85KB, 981x552px) Image search: [Google]
mikenicks.jpg
85KB, 981x552px
>>812028
They are slower, more length = more sliding surface area, but not by too much. On skiboards 110cm and longer if you want to keep up with long skiiers you can if you decide that you want to push it and make an effort to do so.

The popular skiboards webshop and community has a program that will send you skiboards & either releasable or non-releasable binding set up for a price.

Don't want to come off as a "shill". I don't work for them or anything but always happy to give info or answer questions if anyone wants.

Pic related- not mine but a picture of my first 98cm boards & non-releaseable bindings. I don't ever recommend non-release bindings especially since knee health and safety are one of my primary concerns and are why I switched to releasables. See >>808917 to check out the releasable bindings I use...they are just normal ski bindings (Tyrolia Peak 11s) put on to a riser to help get on edge easier.
>>
>>814281
>>814306
Where goes the line between a skiboard/blade and an actual ski length wise?

You can get ladies world cup slalom skis at 155cm and junior models at even shorter lengths. The junior models are likely a bit noodly for anyone who's ever been to the gym or skied at all but the ladies skis are definitely stiff enough for a normal skier. Now I'm wondering if the ladies ever had a minimum length for SL skis lower than the current 155cm? If they did it would be possible to find even smaller 100% legit race skis that wouldn't be much longer than your 130cm skis. Now there would be a set of skis that would look almost like any normal pair of skiboards/blades to the average skier but would run circles around anyone on the mountain.
>>
>>814281
>>814306
Thanks for the info. If I were to get into blades I'd definitely get release bindings on them, the non-release don't seem to do anything other than destroy your ankles. I've seen some online rentals, but I don't really wanna go though the hassle. I think the speed loss might be okay, I've needing to slow down. I don't really get the hate for them, maybe it's just the non-release busting ankles? I hope that I get to try them this season, although that is what I said last season.
>>
>>814321
Not sure where exactly the "line" is, as the skiboard makers are pretty open to trying anything. But I'd probably say that limits are under 145cm and a focus on being a little being kinda wide (one of the trademarks of modern skiboards)

As of right now according to skiboarders the line gets blurred with Icelantic Scouts which are 143cm. Some classify them as skis others as skiboards.

>>814322
If you are in the NJ/PA/NY area I'd be happy to share. I've got a second pair of releaseable bindings (though they would need some adjusting to your boot sole). But if anyone expressed interest in trying them out and would meet up at a resort not too far away I'd be more than happy to let anyone try em out
>>
>>814345
Thanks for the offer man but I'm up in NH, I think I've found a mountain that rents them, I just never got to it last year.
>>
File: saucer boy.jpg (47KB, 479x638px) Image search: [Google]
saucer boy.jpg
47KB, 479x638px
The only reason to own a pair of ski blades is to rock them on Gaper Day.
>>
Bringing back my ssx racing idea

A race where fastest time wins, but:
Tricks reduce your race time.
You can go off course/out of bounds. Just have to get to the finish line some how.
Position you cross the finishing line also gives you a time reduction.

Do you think this could be a viable sport?
>>
>>814353
Hope you get a chance to try em. The offer to lend out some skiboards goes out to any anon who would want to coordinate a PA/NJ or possibly NY ski day to try them out. I'm no pro but I've got the gear and am cool to have a ski day together with you where you use my shit.

>>814936
Thats like...your opinion, man.
>>
>>814965
I just want off-piste racing in gnarly SSX-tier terrain with cliffs and chutes and such and no course that has to be followed. I don't care about trick bonuses and such, it would be too hard to track unless everyone has helmet cams. And even then it just complicates it. I just want it to involve cliffs and chutes and other cool stuff.

Where do you live? We should organize this together and make it actually happen.
>>
Guys, what do I do to not be a gaper, this'll be my first full season
>>
File: dd.png (799KB, 308x1700px) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
799KB, 308x1700px
anyone looking for a bangin park ski cop a pair of these. HG skis - stinger
>>
>sharpen skis
>sharpen them so sharp that one cuts my finger when I am holding it and the cut bleeds heavily for 20 minutes and lightly bleeds after like 40 minutes and some goopy stuff that was like guts looked like it was about to come out
THAT'S HOW YOU SHARPEN SKIS!
>>
>>815968
Don't act like a gaper. Don't act like you're the greatest skier there is when you are still uncomfortable on blue trails. Don't act like you're a ski god when you still have to snowplow to slow down or stop. No one will hold it against you that you're a beginner, we all start somewhere. Gapers are the people that act like they're great when they actually suck.
>>
>>816156
But acting like you're the best skier on the mountain gets you gnar points.
>>
>>816160
Indeed. However, claiming to be the best skier on the mountain only earns GNAR points if done after skiing a scored line. Someone who sucks at skiing is not capable of skiing a scored line. Therefore, there is no situation in which a gaper can earn GNAR points for claiming to be the best skier on the mountain.

Btw, I'm the best skier on the mountain.
>>
>>815033
I'm in England
I really want the trick aspect or its just racing, that already exists, you can just go look for crazier courses

But yeah I understand how it would be hard to track
You would need cameras everywhere, or you could have helmet cams and its just spins and flips that reduce time, that would be easier to keep track of
>>
>>816156
Thanks, I know I still suck, any sort of etiquette things I should look out for? I already cracked one of my friends in the head with the lap bar so I know that one
>>
>>816481
The bar is the biggest one. Don't put it down right when you get on the lift, wait like 15 seconds, then put it down SLOWLY and say "coming down" or something similar. Fucking dumbass gapers have slammed the bar down and hit my Contour so many times, I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off. If someone knocks it off my helmet and loses it they're fucking dead. And they're buying me a new $200 camera.

Beyond that... One big one is that (especially when it's crowded, but in general) if you are going back and forth across the trail, leave a small margin of 10-15 feet or so on either edge of the trail. That way faster skiers can easily get around you. You'll still have the middle 90% or so of the trail to go back and forth so it won't inhibit your skiing, and faster skiers will be appreciative of the fact that you're allowing them to get around you -- especially when the trails are really crowded (during which slow skiers tend to stick to the middle and fast skiers tend to take the margins).

And, similarly to above: If you are on a cat track, DO NOT CARVE OR GO BACK AND FORTH. If you want to go slow on a cat track, SNOWPLOW (point your ski tips together). While normally snowplowing is bad form, cat tracks are the exception. Some people like going fast on cat tracks, and due to the narrow width of cat tracks, it is very difficult to pass people who are going back and forth. The cat track is not a trail, it's not a place to carve and make turns, it's a way to get from one place to another. If you're slow that's completely fine, just stay to one half of it and snowplow to control your speed. This is partly out of courtesy, and partly for your own sake, because otherwise you run the risk of being run into by someone who is trying to go around you.
That's not to say you can't turn or take up the whole cat track in an emergency (why ever you may need to), just in general, don't do it unless absolutely necessary.
>>
>>816481
>>817066
cont.

And of course, learn and understand the Responsibility Code.
>Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
>People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
>You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
>Whenever starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
>Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
>Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
>Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.

I can't really think of anything else.

Where do you ski, btw? Maybe a more exprienced /sg/ier could meet up with you sometime, give you some tips, show you around the mountain, etc
>>
>>817066
What should I do if in snowboarding on a cat track? I usually try and turn to take up the least space possible but I still take a fair amount of space.
>>
>>817083
Eh. that's probably the best you can do. I'm not a snowboarder so I don't know how difficult it is to control speed while staying in a narrow path or what the best way is.
Basically, just be courteous, try not to make it difficult for others to pass you. I pretty much never have issues going around snowboarders on cat tracks, the only people that bother me are the people that intentionally go back and forth taking up the whole track, and if anything skiers seem more inclined to do this than snowboarders.
>>
>>817083
>>817109
Also, be predictable. If you're maintaining a narrow path, don't just randomly suddenly make a big turn and go way across the cat track. Or at least look behind you before doing so.
>>
>>816343
>I really want the trick aspect or its just racing, that already exists, you can just go look for crazier courses
Race courses are always on well groomed pistes. They never involve cliffs and rocky chutes and such.
>>
>>817066
>The bar is the biggest one. Don't put it down right when you get on the lift, wait like 15 seconds, then put it down SLOWLY and say "coming down" or something similar.

Not even this. Fucking *ASK* before putting the bar down.
>>
>>817258
I don't usually ski on weekends so I have chairs to myself most of the time.
Went skiing last saturday, get on with some snowboarders and one of them decides to slam the bar down without saying anything beforehand.
They then proceed to discuss weed and liquor. Fuck snowboarders man
>>
>tfw comfy 15 cm of snowfall during the night
>>
>>817066
Man it must suck to have to ski somewhere where the trails are so crowded that shit's relevant.
>>
>>817952
The good terrain (cliffs, chutes, etc) stays empty because most people suck too much to ski it. Sure, lift lines are long and groomers are crowded on weekends and pow days and holidays, but the good terrain stays good, and being crowded means there's always an audience when skiing the gnarly stuff.
>>
Ski boot size vs shoe size? I wear an 8.5-9 shoe size and am thinking about keeping some size 260 ski boots. They fit extremely tight. Shell fit gives 18-20 mm gap behind my heel.
>>
>>818350
READ THE FUCKING OP AND GO TO A FUCKING BOOTFITTER

Fuck, how many times does this have to be said? Go to a bootfitter.

Also I don't know what you mean by 260, you mean size 26.0 or 260mm bsl? Bsl has nothing to do with the fit, ignore it when picking out boots.
Regardless, go to a bootfitter.
>>
>>818440
> epicski.com/wiki/boot-fitters-on-epicski
The nearest one is 8 hrs from me and at place where I don't ski. I have a day job.
>>
>>818580
then just go to an REI. they do decent bootfitting
>>
>>818580
The list isn't comprehensive, there are surely some closer to you. Going to any ski shop (or REI as anon said) is better than nothing. Not as good as a professional bootfitter, but better than nothing.
>>
I've let myself get in pretty bad shape this year, left an insane and very physical job in May and have been sitting at a desk and drinking too much beer ever since.

Any ski-specific workouts and stuff you guys recommend, so I can make it through a whole day on the slopes without hurting myself? (I'm obviously doing the normal diet and exercise stuff too.)
>>
>>818659
As long as you don't exceed your limits you'll be fine. Whether you can ski all day depends on how you ski. If you just coast on your skis it's not going to be a problem. But if you push yourself you can be fucked after just a few runs.
As for skiing specific training it's mostly legs that matter. But don't neglect your core either. Cycling is a great summer activity to keep yourself in shape for the next season.
>>
Does it matter what ski poles I get? My eventual goal is the backcountry so I was thinking of Black Diamond's lightweight offerings.
>>
Are there any British skiers here?
>>
>>819420
Me
I'm trying to go to this indoor ski place more often call chill factore and i want to go to cairngorm scotland sometime early next year
>>
File: pole chart.jpg (23KB, 327x626px) Image search: [Google]
pole chart.jpg
23KB, 327x626px
>>819194
For backcountry, adjustable poles can be useful, and I believe some can also double as probes. If you get non-adjustable poles, make sure to get the right length. For off-piste you'll generally want a little smaller than standard sizing. You'll also want bigger pole baskets for off-piste to prevent the poles from sinking down in powder. The big advantage of high end poles is more comfortable grips. The cheap ones are quite uncomfortable. Ideally, try holding some (with your gloves on) in a ski shop to see what style grip you like. If ordering online, at least get some mid to high end poles if comfort is a concern.
>>
>>818659
SQUATZ
strong legs = strong skier

Also cardio, cycling or running
>>
>>819194
>>820770
Fuck, I thought I posted a chart that specifies on-piste and off-piste lengths. Anyway, the chart I posted is good sizing for people who ski mostly groomers, but if you ski much off-piste, go at least one size down (some people go even shorter, but I prefer just one size down).
>>
>>799355
you need to ski with someone lad

ive been to snowbird, and honestly it was a bit steeper than i expected in general

what really helped me was going somewhere out of my comfort zone, then doing one turn, then stopping for a breather, working out what was good, what was shit, then doing one more turn, by lunchtime i was transformed
>>
>>818659
cardio, cant begin to overstate the importance of this

squats, probably already been said, but this should be said at least twice, do them as deep as you can whlie maintaining proper form

isolate your core, do crunches and shit, isometric holds, pilates, etc

you should probably also work on your spinal erectors and posterior chain, do some glute ham raises, hyperextensions, etc...

do some power cleans, they are fun as fuck, and I think very applicable to skiing, and to be perfectly honest brother, they are fantastic for developing general athleticism... in general

lastly, and this is actually important, work on your mobility, posture, etc... you wouldn't believe how fucked up your shit can get, in particular your hips, from sitting eight hours a day

actually hold that thought, i might make a wee infographic for this very question, just for you lads
>>
SNOWBIRD
N
O
W
B
I
R
D
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>820867
WW@??? Ready for 2 feet tomorrow
>>
>>821086
Is Snowbird your home mountain? Ability level/terrain preference?
>>
>>821528
Home in the sense that it's where I ski, I didn't grow up there or anything.
I suppose I'm intermediate. Most of what's open at the moment isn't really challenging but compared to people who have been skiing their whole life I'm probably shit.
Have you been out yet this season?
>>
>>824820
I've skied twice but not in Utah, I'll be there in a few weeks. I will mostly be at Snowbird. How have conditions been?
>>
>>825310
Not the best but we're just now getting our first real storm of the season over the next few days so that should help out quite a bit.
>>
>>825620
Nice. Do you live there now? I'll be living there for like 4 months this winter, skiing pretty much every day
>>
>>805943
New guy to snowsports here. What's the reason for the enmity for snowboarders? I have the option of either going skiing or snow boarding with two different groups of friends this winter, so I wanna know what I'm getting myself into.
>>
>>826342
Mostly friendly rivalry. If you want to get into technical off-piste terrain and/or traverses, skiing is generally better for that. Otherwise, whatever you prefer is fine, and nothing will stop you from going with both groups of friends regardless of which you choose.
>>
>>799117
Going skiing soon at horseshoe.

What's the difference between ski and snowboarding?
>>
>>826394
Skiing is easier for technical stuff and tree trails but snowboarding you go faster and can do tricks easier but have to unclip and reclip a lot
>>
File: jjjlol3.jpg (30KB, 799x534px) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol3.jpg
30KB, 799x534px
>>826404
>snowboarding you go faster
>mfw
>>826394
Skiing you ride on two skis, snowboarding you ride on one short fat ski.
Basically, skiing is like an average couple. Snowboarding is like the fat beta manlet with no friends.
>>
>>826404
>snowboarding you go faster
Nigga what.

>>826394
Snowboarding is for manchild who only care about doing tricks. Skiing for everyone else.
>>
>>829419
>>827615
FOR ME, this is all in MY experience obviously.
>>
>>829523
Saying shit like that just proves you've never really even tried skiing.
>>
>>829683
I have skiied as much as I have boarded and in my experience I go faster snowboarding. Smh
>>
>>829857
But whatever, agree to disagree
>>
whats the right feel when going for speed? when i start going fast, i feel skis start trembling and shaking and i dont feel in control anymore and have to slow down
is it normal and i just have to get used to it? i know you are supposed to carve, but how do you carve while going almost straight?
>>
>>829925
Stiffer Ski = more stability at higher speeds, but you will need to put more pressure on your edges to turn the Ski

Regardless if you feel you're going too fast it's best you listen to your gut and slow down.
Don't risk an entire season just due to injury, progress is not reached in a day.
>>
>>829925
The right feeling to feel is like you're in control of your skis. If you don't feel in control it's time to slow down.

If your skis start shaking and trembling it's a sign that you've exceeded the speed limit on those skis and to go faster while still staying in control you need stiffer skis with better shock absorption. Some skis just can't handle speed as well as other skis because they're designed for different things.

For example I've got both the SL and GS versions of the same ski. Real deal race stock FIS approved race skis you could use to start in a world cup race. On a groomer that is a bit bumpy and not in perfect condition my SL skis start feeling shaky and uncomfy at higher speed, somewhere between 70 - 80 km/h but still within speeds that I feel comfortable doing in relatively empty open slopes, meanwhile GS version goes like they're on rails at the same slope and speeds. On the other hand the SL ski has much better turn initiation, are much more agile, handle better at slower speeds and don't need as much force to bend them.
>>
How could you ever think snowboards are faster than skis? Went skiing for the first time last weekend at mountain high in so cal. Shit was great, watched 10 minutes of YouTube instructions and went for it without lessons. Went down the bunny slope 6 or so times to get the feel then charged the longest green slope. Got going fast enough every run that the beat to hell Rossignol experience RTLs were starting to get a bit unstable when going over all the small humps across the hill. Had to control fall on my side a couple times to drop the speed. Flew past three snowboarders who I am sure had a shit ton more experience than I did, especially all the fucks sitting on their ass in the middle of the hill. Had a blast ordered some Rossignol pursuit 16s because I enjoyed the speed miss than anything, going again Christmas eve.
>>
>>830056
I think it's the sensation of speed, snowboards feel less stable going fast, so people 'feel' like they're going faster than they are on skiis, but in a race skiis will win evri time.
>>
>>830056
Board/Skifag here
Any intermediate boarder will know that a skier of similiar skill is going to be much faster.
>>
>>830064
That's probably it desu
>>
The only place Snowboard WAS faster WAS in fucking deep powder. I said "was" because since almost 7-8 years the fats skis came along and now you can handle deep snow better or as well skiing as snowboarding. On hard snow, it takes a ridiculous amount of effort to go faster than average skiers, because even if you go full straight in the slope, the board is too wide to beat a skier doing the same thing.

That fact makes me regret going to snowboard fifteen years ago.

At that time, going backcountry, powder and air were easier and funnier on a board than on skis. Now that's not true anymore and if I havn't a bad knee I would go back to skis (I've skied from 4 years old to 13 and I'm 28 now)
>>
>>830056
>had to control fall on my side a couple times to drop the speed
going fast != skiing well, just be careful and make sure you're in control, for your own safety and for others. Sounds like you had a great time though, let us know how your next trip goes!
>>
>>829925
The skis shaking could be due to you having low end skis. Having your edges tuned well will also help you maintain control at speed.
>going almost straight
It's up to you. If I'm trying to go as fast as I can, I don't carve. I tuck and straightline. I've only measured my speed doing that a few times, but of the few times I've done that I hit 91 miles per hour.
If you want to carve and go fast, carve aggressively. Have your weight forward. Power into the turns. Have your skis waxed well and your edges tuned well. Then it's up to you if you carve in a tight zipper line straight down the fall line or make wider turns. You can go fast either way, but obviously the former will allow you to go faster than the latter.
For comparison, when I hit 91 mph tucking, I hit 60-something mph carving on the same run on the same skis the same day when I wasn't trying to go as fast as possible.
Keep in mind that while better skis that are well tuned will allow you to go faster, that is only if you posess the skill to control skis at high speed. By the sounds of your post, I would assume that you have some work to do in that area, because otherwise you probably wouldn't be asking. I don't mean that in a mean way, it's just the truth. You have to become a better skier, you have to become very comfortable at speed. If you feel like your equipment is limiting you (such as your skis being very chattery at speed despite you feeling in control, for example), that's when you can consider getting better skis, and when having your skis tuned will make a bigger difference.
>>
>>829925
A novice skier is going to feel out of control and unstable at high speeds regardless of his equipment. A moderate-advanced skier is going to feel out of control and unstable at high speeds on low end skis, but comfortable and in control at high speeds on high end skis (especially on stiff high end skis). An expert skier is going to be comfortable and in control on even soft chattery skis at high speed, but will notice that they are less stable than other skis. As an expert, he will be able to deal with it and maintain control.

As you become better at skiing, everything will become instinctive and natural. Skiing involves some really subtle movements, shifts of weight/position, etc, that a beginner won't even know how to do, while an expert will do it instinctively without even thinking about it. So while a beginner will feel out of control at high speed, and while an intermediate-advanced skier will feel out of control at high speed on some skis, an expert skier will be able to account for the chatter and instability with the way he skis, shifts his weight, etc. In my opinion this isn't really something you can learn in a lesson or by thinking about it. Instead, you just have to ski a lot, and it will come naturally as you gain experience.
If you want to feel completely comfortable at very high speeds, there are two things you have to do: Ski aggressively and spend a lot of time skiing. Do that and you'll get there.
>>
>>830064
pretty muhc
>big bulky wide snowboard
>smaller skis
>>
Who /NoSnow/ here? Fuck Ohio
>>
File: fuck.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>830800
im meant to be going to pic related in a couple of weeks ;_;
>>
File: 1422290675474.png (168KB, 414x433px) Image search: [Google]
1422290675474.png
168KB, 414x433px
>>830800
Live in Maryland, trying to go to Canaan Valley for new years :/
>>
>>830245
thank you based McConkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbdkPH88yZI
>>
I live in seattle and need new gloves. I want to get the Hestra Heli 3 fingers, should I get

the gore tex version w/o a removable liner for $40 more

or should I get the regular version without goretex but with a removable liner
>>
>>831150
get a couple pairs of Kincos and save a shitload of money
>>
Anyone have an opinion on my chances of having decent ski conditions this 27th in Austria? Driving from Bavaria so pretty much anywhere the snow falls we will go.
>>
>>831165
I want the large gauntlet and the wristband tho
>>
>>831170
As long as you go high enough there'll be snow. Check out the situation at different resorts now and go somewhere that already has plenty of snow.
>>
>>831185
They dont have snow in Austria now. I have another trip booked in March at Val D'Isere. That is pretty high up and has snow already. One ski trip will have to do.
>>
>>831150
GORE-TEX
O
R
E
-
T
E
X
>>
>>831273
SNO-SEAL
N
O
-
S
E
A
L
>>
>>829994
>>830028
>>830549
>>830555
wow thanks for the input guys
i own k2 apache blackhawk, which is actually novice and low-end skis; i can also afford skiing trips to a decent place only once a year, which puts myself in the novice area even though ive been skiing for 4 years now =)
i am going to st. anton in february for a week and i will rent more advanced/stiffer skis for a couple of days and then see how it goes
thanks again m8s!
>>
>>831201
>implying Sƶlden isn't open right now
>>
>>829925
walk your skis a bit. carving is edging plus weight control. when I learned, my instructor had me do wide s turns lifting my inner ski as much as possible for weight control, and edging is easier to learn and work on on steeper hills.
>>
>>831892
Tbh there's nothing you can do to feel more in control if you're skiing on wet noodles. They're just going to start feeling bad after reaching a certain speed.
>>
>>831316
Not sure if they do it the same in Europe, but in the US, if you want to rent good skis, it's called "demo", "rent" usually just applies to low end stuff. So if they have a rental shop and a demo shop, or separate options for rental/demo, make sure to go demo. If you pay to demo for a day at a ski shop that's on the mountain they'll probably even let you switch skis throughout the day for free to try out different pairs.
>>
>>820534
Nice one mate, there hasn't been much so this winter and it's sucking hard so far. I've only had the chance this year to go indoor skiing, Xscape in Glasgow is pretty good thus far.
Decent snow from last year.
>>
>>832806
At least in Finland all rentals are called rentals no matter what level skis they are. Though usually if you rent high end skis you can change them throughout the day.

>>831316
When you're going check out if some ski brand has their demo day on the mountain when you're there. It's not a replacement for rentals but you can test out multiple different skis for a few runs to find out what you like and how different skis behave.
>>
>>831362
Thanks for that good news. Its about two hours away. That is probably our limit but its good to know somewhere has snow.
>>
>>833410
>>832806
I went skiing last year and because I am a noob I assumed intermediate skis were just better and a little more expensive than beginner skis.

My question is should I go back to beginner skis to continue learning or am I better to stick with the intermediates since I became comfortable on them? I dont intend to take any lessons this year. I am pretty happy skiing on my own but I know I am far from mastering the sport.
>>
>>834135
If you already were on intermediate skis definitely stay with them if you felt comfortable enough.
>>
>>834135
When you say a ski is intermediate you basically just mean it's stiffer than a beginner ski (wood core probably with fiberglass or metal layers), so better at higher speeds but doesn't have the noodley turning that beginner skis do. They might also be wider underfoot and have more camber/rocker to them since intermediate skis at rental shops are basically "all mountain" whereas beginner skis are for people just starting and demos are condition specific (not just for advanced skiers).

Personally I skied on beginner skis for two days this season after not skiing for 5 years before their weakness became too apparent. Once you get your legs, switching to better skis will make things not only easier but a lot more fun. It's always better to swallow your pride and get the shitty ones first instead of starting with longer and stiffer skis which will probably make you really frustrated if you don't have the basics down.
>>
>>834650
>It's always better to swallow your pride and get the shitty ones first instead of starting with longer and stiffer skis which will probably make you really frustrated if you don't have the basics down.
not him but makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>831173
>>831150
I'm gonna shill a bit for literally the best glove system

>step 1
Get leather mitten shells, nothing more than a leather mitten. No insides at all just a leather shell. You should be able to find some for almost pennies. Get a few different sizes if possible. Then apply beeswax generously to make them waterproof.

>step 2
Get a bunch of different mittens/gloves that fit under your shells. From thin ones to thick wool mittens with extra insulation.

>step 3
Mix and match mittens from step 2 to be appropriate for the weather and then cover with a leather shell of proper size.

With the initial investment of under $50 you'll have gloves for any weather from well above 0Ā°C to below - 40Ā°C.
>>
>>835950
do you mean get leather mittens without insulation, then using the various gloves?
>>
So I'm a skiier of 8 Decembers but had a 7 year hiatus due to complications with my Achilles tendons and had to have surgery. Came back to the sport today at the opening of Bluewood, but had a lot of issues with the ungroomed trails and deep pockets of snow that'd intermittently come up on the blues and even greens when I was getting back into the swing of things. Ton of issues turning, handling all the unpredictable slopes and such...talked to my pal and he says cross country might be the thing for me now.
Do you guys have any ideas about this? Advice? I had so much anxiety today dealing with the trails when everyone else was rallying. Shitload of fucking snowboarders, too. Thanks, guys, hoping I can find my mojo again. I used to be pretty good but now I'm just shook up
>>
File: stevens last run.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
stevens last run.webm
3MB, 853x480px
Finally got a day on the slopes. The snow was pretty fucking great at Stevens Pass.
>>
>>836583
Start the same way you would if you had never skied before. Go to the bunny hill, practice the basics. Practice turning, speed control, edging, etc. Then move up to greens, then blues, then start trying off-piste after that.
You could also take lessons
>>
>>836373
Yes. Get the leather mittens without insulation. Just pieces of leather made to look like a large mitten. Easy to make even by yourself if you can hold a needle and can't find them anywhere. Then use various gloves to provide enough insulation.

For warm weather I use a thin wool mitten underneath, for colder weather it's usually an insulated wool mitten and if it's really cold then it's both of them.

The con of this system is that you'll lose some dexterity but if you don't need to do any precision work it's unbeatable in warmth and comfort. And if you need to do some precision work you can have thin gloves underneath and take off the large mittens whenever you need to do something that would be hard with them. Another con is that they don't look as fashionable as something else. But I don't care about that since I prefer staying warm to looking good when skiing.
>>
>>836602
You know you can just clip out with your feet right? Much easier than poking around with your pole
>>
>>836986
POf course, but I don't like scratching my bases unnecessarily.
>>
>>836997
http://instasync.com/r/snow
>>
>>799117
>tfw no snow and warm as shit so far this winter here in WI
>>
>>836583
Shit man, if my daughter who had spinal fusion surgery last year can hit the slopes like she has this year, you can do it, just take it slow until your back into it.
>>
>>837592
I appreciate this.
>>836700
I rocked that strategy today and it was better. The groomed slopes made things more difficult, though, but I know that's a good thing and yadayada. Just gonna try harder tomorrow and then maybe try cross country sometime in January.
>>
>>837597
No problem. She was hesitant at first as expected, and had to relearn and adjust her skiing since her flexibility and balance has changed, but is getting back to where she was. We just started off slow and went from there. You got this man, it will all come back.
>>
File: first chair.webm (3MB, 528x360px) Image search: [Google]
first chair.webm
3MB, 528x360px
>>
>>820810
Thanks anon...
>>
>>826342
Some snowboarders suck and others are good and can keep up with the best skiers out there. Snowboarders just tend to suck at a more frequent rate. I snowboard but most of my friends ski by the way.
>>
>>830056
Charging a green run and passing other people going on a green run is not impressive at all...
>>
>>838322
For my first time ever skiing it was pretty fucking good.
>>
>>838322
When did he say it was impressive, dumbass? He posted because he was excited and had fun, not to imply that he's better than other posters. He was sharing his excitement with us and that's a good thing. Obviously you found his post threatening so he probably is better than you.
>>
>>830056
You are trolling surely? There is no skill to going fast on skis. The skill is in going fast and maintaining control.
>>
Where can I find a mosque at a ski resort?
>>
>>838596
You can't
>>
Is slang important when conversing with a fellow skier? Can I please talk like a normal person?
>>
>>838596
Blow yourself up somewhere else and leave us alone
>>
Whatever happened to sarah burke? Man she was hot.
>>
>>799149
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>838636
Talk however you want...
>>
>>838596
Maybe here ? Good luck...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W9TYg0q1jJs
>>
>>838740
Would you like to be raped?
>>
Hirscher is out!
>>
Ligety is out! Jansrud and Svindal are in! Go vikings!
>>
>>838596
There's an indoor slope at mall of emirates in Dubai. Probably a mosque or prayer-room nearby.
>>
File: image.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
Svindal vs Jansrud in the final!
>>
>>839088
reminds me why havent other countries done the same thing and built indoor ski resort type things?
>>
>>839170
Guess cost, even in Dubai it's just a small shitty slope. I've been there but didn't try.

Think I heard something about Denmark buildng one though, makes kinda sense since they literally have no mountains there.
>>
>>839072
>>839087
>>839106
Norway please leave.

Does /sp/ have regular ski threads? I don't remember seeing any when I've looked for one. Watching races would be so much comfier if I could shitpost about my ski waifus.

>tfw Fenninger out for the season
>tfw Maze taking a year off
>tfw Shiffrin fucked her knee
>>
>>839397
Please take your female skiers over to /ck/.
>>
What on-piste skis are you guys running? Looking to get some 18-20 radius "gs" skis, I have some shitty beginner-skis now but they are really no fun, no bite in turns and too short and narrow radius to go fast with confidence on (fischer rx 17m radius or something like that). Anyone with FIS-regulation GS-skis? Are they any fun for recreational skiing, with 35m radius? Can't imagine they are, should be fast though..
>>
>>826394
The main difference is when skiers are out taking up the whole trail, their gf's and wives are getting BLACKED back home
>>
>>839779
Dynastar powertrack 84s. Thank me later
>>
>>839779
Not speaking from experience, but I would expect FIS GS skis to be very fun for a very skilled expert skier, but hard to control and not very fun for pretty much anyone else.
>>
>>839779
I have FIS regulation SL skis which in my opinion are the best general purpose on piste skis where I ski. If I regularly skied in bigger resorts I'd most likely have GS pair to go with them. Though I'd probably cheat a bit there and get the 188 cm, r30 m ladies skis.

Now to my skis, Stƶckli Laser SL FIS. Best skis I've ever owned. Not too stiff if you can ski well and have at least some power in your legs. SL skis can't be stiff titanium beams, that mere mortals can't bend, not even the thoroughbred race skis as they're supposed to be agile. I've seen cheater GS skis stiffer than my SLs. Though if you ever make a mistake they'll punish you for it. They do whatever you tell them to do without asking for confirmation so it's on the responsibility of the skier to know how to ski. It's something you'll appreciate if you can ski well but you'll notice every single mistake you make during the day. 10/10 would recommend to any expert skier.

I don't have a GS pair and I've never tried FIS regulated GS skis. However from what I've heard the current regulations where the minimum radius is 35 m for men and 30 m for women have changed the GS skis a bit. They used to be stiffer back when the minimum radius was smaller but they don't make them as stiff anymore so that it's possible to bend them to the GS course better. And according to those that have skied them it means they're actually better for normal on piste skiing than the older versions evwn though their theoretical turn radius is bigger.

You're coming from shitty beginner skis. Are you an expert skier with shitty skis or above average skier with shitty skis? If it's the first get anything you want, you'll know what you want. If it's the latter it sounds like you want race skis so you can go fast which won't end well for anyone involved. Skiing with race skis isn't fun if you can't ski well. They aren't there to hold your hand and act as a safety net like your beginner skis.

Cont...
>>
File: IMAG0340.jpg (1MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0340.jpg
1MB, 1840x3264px
>>839779
>>842116
If you aren't an expert and specifically looking for GS ski, lets be honest here there aren't many expert skiers out there with beginner skis, my recommendation would be a SL ski of some sort, or at least something relatively close to it. Maybe not a FIS regulated version yet but something that looks the same. Learn to ski well with them and then get whatever you want once you know better. And if having FIS stamped somewhere in the ski is crucial for your ego you could even get them. If nothing else they'll teach you to ski. And if you can already ski you'll enjoy them immensely.

And they'll be able to handle much higher speeds than your beginner skis if you're worried about that. Obviously they won't be a GS ski and still do have a speed limit that you'll certainly notice at some point but it's usually not something to worry about.
>>
>>842116
I'm an above avarage I guess, but mostly skiing offpiste with k2 annex or made'n ak (since I don't have proper on-piste skis of my own). I've borrowed my friend's race sl-skis and have loads of fun with those, so I know the difference in forgiveness, the toll it takes on the legs compared to shitty skis etc.
Note that I wasn't thinking of getting FIS regulation GS skis, I was just wondering if someone had one, and could share some info, much like you did.

>>842142
I don't care at all if they have FIS on them, and I'm probably gonna go with "gs" cheater ski, radius around 18-20. 15 and less radius is a lot of fun, but not really stable going fast, and I'm looking for that as well. Might join up in a senior cup if I'm allowed (one requirement is to be a local in the area with the resort, I moved away to the city not far from it a couple of years back, but know a lot of the guys involved, so shouldn't be a problem.), and will be taking GS a bit more serious than the slalom as I'm to big and heavy to beat my tiny lightweight friend in slalom anyways.

Something like this:
http://www.sport-conrad.com/en/skiing/skis/race-skis-with-binding/redster-edge-gs-xt-12.html
>>
>>842433
I've tried a lot of different cheater GS skis and I don't know why but I just don't like most of them. For some reason I can't get them to either initiate turns like I'd want them to or they can't hold an edge properly. Though I'm pretty sure it's mostly because rentals/demo pairs have shitty edges because they're afraid of people hurting themselves if they were to put proper edges on them. I've had especially bad encounters with the Atomics you linked.

I have an old pair of Atomic GS9 and my dad has a pair of Elan cheaters and both of them are awesome. And both of them have well maintained certainly sharp edges. Hell even the old Dynamic VR27 Geants at 203 cm behave better than most of the cheater GS skis I demo.

If you're planning on running GS gates 188 ladies FIS regulated GS ski might not even be an awful idea desu. If at all possible try to demo some if you can find a place that has them. As I said earlier many of the guys with experience with both the old and new FIS GS skis say the new ones are easier to ski than the older ones even with the larger turn radius they have.

Check out when your local hills have demo days and go test some skis. The demo skis are usually in pretty good shape compared to the ones you'd get from a rental shop. For the demo guys it's an opportunity to sell skis so they want them to be good. Once you test put some skis you'll get a better idea on what you want. On cheaters there are quite big differences between different brands, if you go up to the FIS regulated skis the differences become smaller but are still there.
>>
>>842446
What shoes do you use? Flex?
>>
Kristoffersen more than one fucking second faster than Hirscher!
>>
>>842592
Atomic Redster (WC or something similar, can't remember the exact model right now as I don't have boots with me right now). Flex is 130.

Vacuumed to my feet and they fit like a sock.
>>
>someone trying to kill Hirscher
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 900x506px
>>842832
Holy shit!

Also, Norway.
>>
Anyone have a gif of norways attempted assassination of Hirscher??
>>
>Hirscher nearly killed

Fucking terrorists
>>
File: 1443548991044.png (38KB, 333x308px) Image search: [Google]
1443548991044.png
38KB, 333x308px
>>842860

>Italy
>>
>>842849
Like we would have motive.
>>
>>842917

Plan B worked well enough
>>
File: drone_attacks_human.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
drone_attacks_human.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>842941
>>
>Book trip to the Alps
>Really warm winter in Europe at the moment
>No snow whatsoever
>I'm going in 8 days

fug :DD
>>
File: SH311_Fri1_olsexy_09_2[1].jpg (66KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
SH311_Fri1_olsexy_09_2[1].jpg
66KB, 800x733px
>>842997
>>
>>843274
rip
>>
File: 1.png (8KB, 309x212px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
8KB, 309x212px
How are you east coasters and yuros hanging in there? Does this image trigger you?
>>
>>843889
Doesn't trigger me at all since we have snow.
>>
>>843889
Snowbird?
>>
Cab i ski drank?@
>>
>>843983
It's not safe, but it's fun. Usually in the easter holiday, me and some friends bring some beer and liquor with us, plant ourselves in the snow near the slope/park and get drunk watching people jump etc., ride down to the afterski and finish off there.
>>
>>843983
>>844081
You can but it's awful and unsafe. Ruins the fun in both skiing and drinking.

Ski sober and then drink at the afterski if you're into that. Though make sure to not drink too much so you can be on the first chair the next morning.
>>
>>844081
>>844093
Thank you friends. You guys are wise.
>>
>>843983

Yes, but you must do it during easter when the snow is soft and it is sunny. Also you must be outside the slope, build a jump and bring some friends. Make sure the landing is soft, and then do jumps and walk back up instead of taking the lift.

Just make sure you're not endangering other people and you're good, t. ski expert
>>
>>844093
How in the fuck can sitting outside in the sun after a long dark winter with ice cold beers, good friends, happy people all around, beautiful girls to look at and occasional crashes ruin the fun in drinking?
>>
>tfw stomped first backflip yesterday
feels good man
>>
File: WINTERWHEN.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
WINTERWHEN.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
>booked at a nice hotel with lots of facilities for new year's eve.....today: 16 degrees
>MFW pic related
>>
Going to ski at Steamboat during Spring Break. What should I expect?
>>
>>844171
Because you'd be there watching others wondering why you aren't skiing when it's a wonderful spring day and suddenly drinking isn't fun when you could be having even more fun skiing.
>>
>100% cashback from canceled holiday

Guess this is gonna be the norm now.
>>
>>844342
Nope. At spring you've had 4months or so of good fun in the snow, it's time to relax and have a beer or ten.
>>
>>844173
>go north to ski
>entire east coast is fucked no mater how far north you go
Thanks El NiƱo.
>>
>>844455
Maybe that's the case for you but I'm not alcoholic enough to enjoy drinking and watching others ski over skiing myself.
>>
Okay Utahfags, what are the best Wasatch resorts to hit if I only have two days to ski?
>>
>>845422
Snowbird and Alta. Or Snowbird twice.

How good are you, what type of terrain do you like, and what are your priorities in choosing a ski area?
When are you going to be skiing?
>>
>>844455
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>845490
New Year's Day and the day after
I'll take on pretty much anything that's on-piste, don't really care about terrain parks and shit
>>
>>845503
I should mention I'm going with my knuckle dragger cousin, so I guess Alta is out
>>
>>845422
Snowbird.
Or Alta if you're a pussy faggot. Park City if you're a rich faggot. Brighton if you're a hipster faggot.
>>
>>845759
Snowbird it is, thanks anons
>>
>>845503
>on-piste
Then maybe reconsider. Snowbird and Alta are among the best in the world for off-piste. For groomers... not so much.
Deer Valley is mostly groomers, but mostly pretty mellow groomers.
You might like Solitude a lot if you just want groomers. I haven't skied enough at the other places in Utah to comment. Snowbasin once but the conditions sucked and a lot of the terrain was closed (closing weekend).
Snowbird is fucking god-tier for expert-level off-piste terrain (top 5 in the world maybe) but if you only ski groomers it's one of the worst options.
>>845759
>Or Alta if you're a pussy faggot
Alta is great. Not as great as Snowbird, but still great.
>pussy faggot
I guarantee there's lines at Alta you won't even consider attempting to ski
>>
>>845503
Also, ask epicski.com for suggestions
But as of now I'd say Solitude if you only want groomers, Snowbird if you want gnarly off-piste (cliffs, chutes, etc)
>>
>>845773
Double blacks and moguls are fine, I just don't want to fuck around in potential avalanche terrain right now
>>
>>845784
Avalanches in bounds are extremely rare. If avalanche conditions are present, dangerous areas will be closed until they are safe. If you ike off-piste (trees, bumps, powder, chutes, cliffs, etc) as long as it's safe from avalanches, Snowbird is an excellent choice.

If you want to see what Snowbird is like, check out this /sg/ier's videos, especially the 2 season edits:
vimeo.com/gnarshreddingpowslayer

Those are mostly filmed at Snowbird
>>
>>830056
Went skiing again, had a lot of fun. Got to try out my new skis and they worked a lot better than the non waxed rentals that had thumb sized chunks of plastic missing on the bottom. Need to work on shedding speed when I get going fast down the slope, think I need to make more aggressive turns. After I get that down I will learn pole planting and should be smooth sailing from there. Got some video of a few runs I did, falls and all. Need to point the camera down a bit more so I can see what is going on with my skis when I eat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-AvrQIZRg0
>>
>>845875
Didn't watch the whole thing but from what I saw you're falling simply because you're sitting in the backseat. What that does is make you lose balance extremely easily even if you go over the tiniest bump.

Also you don't want to be turning by swinging your hips around but it's hard not to when you're just starting out. As you spend more hours on skis you'll figure out how to change direction using the shape of the skis instead.

Don't worry about pole planting especially on runs like those where there're no steep sections or bumps, just keep practicing the basics.
>>
>>845879
Thanks for the observation, looks like keeping the pole handles further in front of me will help break that.
>>
>>845875
Just like anon said already keep your weight in front. It will feel stupid at first but once you realize how much it helps in controlling the skis you'll start doing it automatically.

Your poles have straps for a reason, use them.

Less speed and more control. You keep going almost straight down the fall line while slightly skidding. Make tighter turns so that you go across the slope more. It's the easiest way to control your speed and you don't have to slow down at any point since you can control your speed with how tight your turns are.
>>
>>845875
For your second time skiing, you're doing great. Self taught you said too, right? I think you should practice turning a lot more. It's too easy to fly down gentle slopes like those and the practice will pay off when you start on steeper terrain.
>>
>>846144
Yeah second time, watched about 10 minutes of youtube video of some narrated speed skiier to get the concept. I have roller bladed and ice skated a few times in the past and the core concepts are very similar.
>>
>>845875
Damn if that was my second time I wouldn't be going so fast, those are bone shattering speeds.

You look kinda stiff when turning, don't lock up and try using your knees and hips to turn your skis.
>>
>>846242
Eh I got the snow to break the fall. Going again new years eve, will practice the turning and leaning forward. Thanks for the tips all.
>>
File: jjjlol.jpg (28KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol.jpg
28KB, 801x534px
>>847242
>I got the snow to break the fall
>>
New thread >>847408
>>
>>845759
>>845759
>or alta if you're a pussy faggot
Nigga, I wouldn't do baldy chutes, and I doubt you could either.
Also, I learned how to ski at brighton, if you want to send your kids to ski school, thats my recommendation
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.