[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They should have made Goldust champ.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

File: Goldust.jpg (37KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
Goldust.jpg
37KB, 642x361px
They should have made Goldust champ.
>>
Yeah, he can go with anyone in the ring as he is now, and really would have deserved a run with a main even belt.

I doubt they'll push him to the main event scene anymore since there is only one title, but a run with the US or IC title could work. Those belts are held by credible guys at the moment, Goldust could have a great match with either of them and drop the title to Cody after a nice feud.
>>
>>794631
I would've liked to see him with MITB at some point. He wouldn't have held the title long when he cashed in but it would've been cool.
>>
Would've been a solid challenger for Rollins on one of the B-level PPVs

I just hope he gets a feud with Breeze prior to his retirement next year
>>
Goldust is a legend but not a WWE title contender. If you want someone who never won the belt but should've, I'd say Razor Ramon
>>
>>794671
Polite reminder that the last person Rollins defended against was Kane
>>
>>794677
Kane once beat Stone Cold for the WWF championship
>>
>>794681
> won a First Blood Match after Undertaker interfered and busted Austin open
> "beat"
>>
>>794683
He still won
>>
>>794691
And Goldust beat The Undertaker in a Casket Match

What point are we making again?
>>
>>794695
I actually didn't know that, neat.
>>
File: goldust-casket.png (440KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
goldust-casket.png
440KB, 650x487px
>>794714
Dustin was committed to the gimmick
>>
>>794691
Kane beat stonecold in a first blood match...while wearing a blood full body suit and mask combined together to cover almost every inch of his skin. It's not exactly hard to win in a match where the win condition is 'make your opponent bleed' when you yourself are wearing what's would be the equivalent to body armor
>>
>>794730
> only winning because you're wearing body armor

Holy shit, is there anything original about Reigns?
>>
>>794551
I think he deserved it but he kinda became more defined by how he's one of the GOATs never to win it and everyone loves him more because of it.
That probably serves his memory better than what would've likely been a cluster-fuck reign during the stacked Main Event scene of the AE.
>>
>>794786
If 2016 is his last year he should get Money In The Bank, cash in late in the year, keep the title for a month, and lose the title in his retirement match.
>>
>tfw Vader was never champion either
>>
>>794792
Pretty sure WrestleMania next year is going to be his last night
>>
>>794792
I'd love that but it would have to put over a new young star and not fuck up the momentum of the guy he took it off because however cool it would be to finally see him get that validation of his efforts he's still old and they have to prioritize the younger crop over him.
Ideally he goes back to a more sadistic character before-hand.
>>
>>794799
A simple way to not ruin their momentum is to would be to have Stardust ambush them before Goldust cashes in and then they win it back next PPV in a rematch. A cash in is hardly seen as a clean loss anyway and they'd get extra momentum from retiring a legend in a title match.
>>
>>794799
> turning Goldust heel in the final months of his career

It didn't work last year and it'd not going to work now
>>
>>794808
Oh, right, I kinda dis-acknowledge the "MiTB cash-in" part of your post. My bad. Then they wouldn't really have to worry that would just be a really cool idea.

>>794809
It would be cool just for a short run in which he finally puts over his brother in an emotional angle and goes out on an "I was a dick and you beat sense into me. I'm not the villain I used to be" type promo.
>>
>>794814
As a general rule, retirement matches for heels don't really work

Stardust is already a heel anyway, so why try double-turning when all the pieces are in play as it is?

People have zero desire to boo Goldust.
>>
>>794798
>Stardust will be going over at mania.

Neato.
>>
>>794797
He was in WCW & NJPW
>>
>>794822
Stardust should revert back to Cody and turn face after he destroys his brother and he realizes he does not like the person he's become.

They then hug and the stadium cries.
>>
>>794730
This.

And he outside kayfabe, he only won because WWE booked and promoted the match without thinking and only realised when it was too late that Kane couldn't actually lose - hence dropping the belt again on the next Raw.
>>
>>794826
See, this guy gets it

> "Family Man" Cody Rhodes as US Champion

All the buys
>>
>>794822
Well I meant that they'd ideally turn him back to Cody and give that angle people have fantasized about with the younger brother going over the older brother.
You don't think Goldust going back to his old, sadistic ways and his younger brother knocking him out of it and making him realize it's time to finally move over after he's achieved the pinnacle he'd never before attained and lost it to him would be emotional as all fuck?
That'd be an awesome send-off for him. He goes on one last hated Heel run and finally comes around and gets love and respect from the live crowd.
>>
>>794833
>You don't think Goldust going back to his old, sadistic ways and his younger brother knocking him out of it and making him realize it's time to finally move over after he's achieved the pinnacle he'd never before attained and lost it to him would be emotional as all fuck?

The other way around, Goldust sacrificing himself so his brother can become himself again is more emotional and actually a heroic way for Goldust to go out.
>>
>>794833
Or he could just job to Stardust in a passing of the torch moment, not agreeing with his brother's actions but putting him over by accepting that he is the future.
>>
>>794833
You know what would be more emotional?

Goldust wrestling his final match as a beloved legend that gets all of the sympathy pops, instead of a forced heel that gets no reaction because it's awkward.

The live crowd ALREADY love and respect Goldust.

Forcing a heel run on him would be fighting against the crowd, which in case you haven't been paying attention to WWE for the past couple of years, doesn't tend to go very well.
>>
I like this thread. This is a good thread with good discussion that we couldn't have had on /sp/. I like /asp/.
>>
>>794836
That would be awesome, but
>WWE capable of that storytelling

Seems a bit out of their reach.

>>794838
Fair point, I guess.
Cody should still be the Face though so they can embrace in-ring afterwards.
>>
>>794846
Cody turns face at the end of the match, obvs
>>
>>794846
>Cody should still be the Face though so they can embrace in-ring afterwards.
>>794826
>>
>>794826
>>794851

>Cody scrubs off his face-paint frantically as they embrace and Dusty's theme plays

Would literally cry/10
>>
>>794846
>Cody should still be the Face though so they can embrace in-ring afterwards.

Goldust should challenge Stardust to a match at Wrestlemania, no DQ. If Goldust wins Stardust must become Cody again, if Stardust wins Goldust must retire. Goldust knows he's old and can't win but he mist try to bring back his brother. Stardust and the Ascension give Goldust beat downs for weeks leading up to the match telling him to not even try because he's old and doesn't stand a chance. He won't quit though as he's determined to bring back Cody. The match arrives and Goldust doesn't really fight. He gets Stardust in a some holds and just tries to get him to listen him and listen as Cody. Stardust won't have it though and he freaks out and hit Goldust with everything. All of his moves, chairs, tables, stairs, everything. Goldust is broken but Stardust is still out for blood. He hits goldust with a shattered dreams and pins him. Initially Stardust celebrates but he looks down at his brother and realizes what he's done and he begins to cry. He wipes off his face paint and hugs his brother. They walk off together and Cody is back.
>>
>>794551

Love everything about the guy:
Loved to hate him when he debuted on WWF, loved him as a comedy character, loved him in Japan, and when he returned I was blown away
I guess he could have a short run at the title, but if he doesn't, as long as he goes out respectfully, I'll be glad.
>>
>>794866
this is the most reddit-like post i've ever seen on this board
congratulations
>>
>>794866
RhodesDust don't need No DQ gimmicky crap and The Ascension should be kept far, FAR away from this personal feud.
>>
>tfw Goldust isn't getting a proper sendoff. one day he just won't be there.
>>
>>794880
>Hulk Hogan didn't get a proper sendoff
>Randy Savage didn't get a proper sendoff
>Kurt Angle didn't get a proper sendoff
>Rey Mysterio didn't get a proper sendoff
>SCSA didn't get a proper sendoff
>Batista didn't get a proper sendoff
>>
File: 1369797174579.gif (817KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1369797174579.gif
817KB, 400x225px
>>794870
>I don't like this post
>it must be from reddit.
please, tell me again why I should take your opinion serious?
>>
>>794896
It's so simple. How do they keep ducking it up?
>>
>>794896
Austin got a pretty solid sendoff all things considered, he had one last match with his greatest rival
>>
>>794896
Guys don't get proper send-offs if they're just gonna show up sporadically as legends.
>>
>>794909
>>794909
I guess so but that should've been booked as a retirement match
>>
>>794898
>taking the dust brother shit seriously
>>
>>794896
>>SCSA didn't get a proper sendoff

18+
>>
>>794990
it could've been better
>>
>>794993

No it couldn't. That match was great from start to finish, and like someone already said, it was with his biggest rival.
>>
goldust is winning the rumble
>>
>>795623
And El Torito is winning the WWE WHC
>>
>>794826
Nah, you gotta have Stardust wreck Golddust for weeks,Then the blowout is a win or lose retirement match where GD is gone either way and he finally breaks SD. "It's not how many time you get knocked down" type story.
>>
>>795685
wwe pls
>>
>>794671
Jake the Snake
Mr. Perfect
Million Dollar Man
Booker T
Roddy Piper

Any of them would be on that list. All should have won the title at least once.
>>
>>794896
Hogan walked out
Savage walked out
Angle walked out
Austin actually had a great final match at Mania against the Rock. Was a fitting final match.
Rey will probably return one day and get a real send off.
>>
>>794830
Can't remember too well but wasn't Kanes arm bloody and the ref didn't notice. Really too bad they couldn't let Kane have it till the next ppv just because it wouldn't of really hurt anything.
>>
Bam Bam Bigelow never won a WWF title.
>>
>>796344
booker T won a title
>>
>>794551
He's not even allowed to do his ball kick finisher anymore
>>
>>796348
>Rey will probably return one day

Hope it's not to wrestle. His style can not be covered up by better wrestlers carrying or just personality alone (though he has plenty)
>>
>>796908
Rey has been doing fine in AAA
>>
>>796917
That's good to hear. Any word on why he's doing AAA instead of WWE ?
>>
>>796941
Because WWE is a miserable place to work

Rey will probably be on Season #2 of Lucha Underground at some point, check him out there
>>
>>796966
>Rey will probably be on Season #2 of Lucha Underground at some point,
>>
>>794551
He's never been anywhere near over enough.

But then again, neither have Sheamus or Jack Swagger.
>>
>>797129
Goldust was pretty red-hot as a heel in 1996

And don't forget how rabid the crowd was for him in his return match against Orton
>>
>>794551
he was an IC champ, isn't he?
and i think the last time he challenged for WHC has been quite a while, but since the current champ at that time is haitch ...
>>
If Sheamus retains at TLC they should just let Goldust face him at the Rumble. Goldust has earned it so why not.
>>
He should return to the stuttering gimmick. Shit was so cash.
>>
>>794823
lel
it isn't happening. They've already burned you once on this, why let them do it again?
>>
He could be the last person ever to hold every belt in WWE.

>US Champ in WCW
>Tag Team Champ in WWE/WCW
>Hardcore Champion
>Intercontinental. champion

He legit is just the big strap away from holding all original heavyweight belts in WWE/F, he'd be one of three to do so.
>>
>>794551
I saw Goldust at the grocery store once, he was buying pears. I congratulated him on all his success but then he got weird and tried to grip my testicles and penis telling it was his "special wrestling move" is this true, does goldust have a penis and testicle based wrestling move?
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 960x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 960x700px
>>800388
Perhaps it's a new move that he is working on.
>>
>>794824

>outlaw belts
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.