[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I learn how to fight and what style of fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 753_knife-kid-gtfo.gif (71KB, 338x339px) Image search: [Google]
753_knife-kid-gtfo.gif
71KB, 338x339px
Where do I learn how to fight and what style of fighting should I pick?
>>
Boxing

Don't listen to whatever it is these Weeb nerds tell you later.
>>
File: 1448006006571.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1448006006571.gif
1MB, 260x146px
Filipino Martial Arts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipino_martial_arts
>>
>>789708
OP, don't listen to this ignorant and delusional idiot.
>>
>>789708
I love to see you against someone who does muay thai.
>>
>learn how to fight
>one style
To learn how to fight relatively well hand to hand, learn what's taught at an MMA gym; but don't think that'll teach you how to fight with weapons or how to defend against weapons holders with even basic skills more than half of the time.
>>
File: 1446447189850.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1446447189850.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>789708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ7bbmjtAB0
>>
>>789703
You need to do a bunch of stuff and combine it.

Do a few boxing lessons to get punching done, but don't do it too long because boxing is really shit for fighting against anyone but an imbecile.

>>789710
Your gif is bad and you should feel bad.
As is your suggestion. There is a huge amount of FMA that are complete shit for self defense because they are too flashy or whatever.
There's an equally huge amount that is actually useful.

I suggest Balintawak, due to personal bias.

Once you got the hang of fighting, get a bit of Aikido and shit to widen your horizon. It's a meme-art, but its techniques are based on actual physiology and will teach you new ways to think about fucking with your opponent.
>>
>>789758
I'm sorry I was so ignorant. I'm sorry I just couldn't understand. You're right, Aikido and shit is a great way for me to see the whole picture, Aikido is the light that brightens the sides of the dark road I was traveling.
I promise you, that I will spend the whole rest of the day researching Aikido, and researching places that teach Aikido around where I live. Even if there aren't any near, I know that I will find a way to commute, I will get instruction one way or another.
Thank you.
>>
>>789769
Shitposting will not help you.
>>
File: Cross of asp expanded.jpg (144KB, 1624x779px) Image search: [Google]
Cross of asp expanded.jpg
144KB, 1624x779px
>>789703
>>
>>789703
GJJ
>>
>>789758
>aikido

Opinion discarded
>>
>>789819
>hasn't read the follow-up sentence
In the trash it goes.
>>
>>789720
>>789730
A little month of kick defense learning and it's over.

Boxing > kick/thaï and don't try to deny it, keks.
>>
>>789974
>kick defense

There's still the Muay Thai grappling, knees, and elbows that the Boxer has to deal with.

Muay Thai > Aikido > Boxing
>>
Learn some good hand to hand/unarmed fighting styles such as Muay Thai and Boxing, mix in some grappling styles like BJJ or Judo, but always know also how to fight someone armed as you never know what will happen and should prepare for the worst, if you're still in high school utilize it and join the wrestling team, that really upped my Judo and BJJ game, not to mention just fighting in general both sanctioned and unsanctioned fights
>>
>>789978
>aikido
well now we know you have no idea what your talking about
>>
>>789984
It's obvious that it is you who doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>789758
> boxing is really shit for fighting against anyone but an imbecile.
>I suggest Balintawak, due to personal bias.
> get a bit of Aikido
>boxing is really shit for fighting

Oh my god /asp/ it's pure art
>>
>>789978

>aïkido
Holy shit

OK know I know who you are.
>>
>>789708
This just do boxing it will teach you everything you need. i can tell nobody in this thread has been in an actual fight outside their dojo. always do boxing first if you want to learn to fight, worry about doing other arts later after you've got a good boxing base.
>>
>>789994
If OP really wants to learn how to fight hand to hand, he might as well join an MMA gym if he has the money. That way, he doesn't have to work on modifying what he's learned to suit MMA instead of already learning grappling and striking modified for MMA.
>>
>>789996
He said he wants to learn how to fight. i would assume he means self defense and not competing.
>>
>>790001
That's the thing. MMA has even less banned techniques than Boxing, making it more realistic than Boxing.
>>
>>790004
true, but its expensive and the quality of gyms is much more hit or miss than boxing. I usually recommend boxing for people looking to defend themselves because its cheap, easily available, and its easy to find a good quality gym pretty much anywhere. The footwork, reflexes, and head movement from boxing are gonna be the most important things for defending yourself.
>>
>>790018
no one on this board will go to a boxing gym, it's filled with darkies and spics
>>
>>790018
Though you've listed some good reasons for choosing boxing, if OP has the funds and can do a little research, MMA is well worth it.
>>
Wrestling. If you can get someone to the ground you can either kick their ass or or simply pin them as to disable them.
>>
>>789703
You can't go wrong with boxing. It's simple and perfect to start. Once you got better you can learn shaolin, wrestling (not jits, go with judo or greco), kickboxing or anything.
>>
>>789992
At least Aikido has defenses against getting grabbed.

Good luck doing anything as a boxer.
>>
>>789994
>>790018
Boxing teaches how to punch and avoid punches. And gives you the endurance of a horse.

So yeah, it's good self defense. Hit once, then run away, unless your opponent reacts in a way that makes it obvious that they have no clue about fighting.

If you are grabbed or kicked, you are fucked, though.
>>
>>790150
Ground fighting only works in certain circumstances.
Like when your opponent doesn't have buddies.
You can quickly (literally) murder someone as a grappler, but it has its drawbacks. Transitioning into a ground fight can be unhealthy on asphalt, even for the grappler himself.

Grappling is generally better for people who are heavier. They have an easier time bulldozing and pinning their enemies.
Seriously, having someone put their weight on your chest, when you are a good bit lighter, is fucking uncomfortable. And that's without focusing the entire weight into a sudden elbow attack.
>>
>>792585
>At least Aikido has defenses against getting grabbed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7jB_oK2aCM

>Good luck doing anything as a boxer.
https://youtu.be/C5w00YvYzR8?t=231
>>
>>789787
Japanese Jujutsu dead center.
Master of none. Good in everything.
>>
File: 1407055000975.jpg (119KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1407055000975.jpg
119KB, 1300x1000px
>>789703
>>
File: 1445293958558.gif (908KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445293958558.gif
908KB, 180x200px
>>789703
>Dartboard 2 styles
>be shit at both
>mix the two styles
>still fuck people up

I'm running Judo + a little Wing Chun
>>
>>790150
wrestling is unavailable to adults unless you want to join a gay wrestling club. IF your lucky enough there might be a mma gym with a decent wrestling coach.
>>
>>792585
a guy with 6 months training in boxing would destroy any aikido grand master out there.
>>
>>792587
Almost nobody is going to throw a kick and if they do it would most likely be a shitty kick that won't do much of anything or would completely miss. getting grabbed is a much more likely possibility to worry about though but if your a good boxer fighting an untrained person the fight should be over before you have to even worry about them getting close enough to grab you.
>>
>>789787
this should honestly be the sticky of /asp/ pick any one of these or pick 2 if you have the money and time and your set.
>>
File: Jack of All Trades.jpg (39KB, 677x181px) Image search: [Google]
Jack of All Trades.jpg
39KB, 677x181px
>>792724
>>
>>793092
>though but if your a good boxer fighting an untrained person the fight should be over before you have to even worry about them getting close enough to grab you.
If you're good at any art and you spar, fighting an untrained person, the fight should be over before you have to even worry about possibly losing.
>>
>>792775
Fucking terrible.
>>
>>792585
>aikido
>defense against anything
m8
>>
>>793084
>>793183
grappling > striking
plebs
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.