[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lol wwe is literally out of touch, no amount of half assed booking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 11

File: CUgm1X8WcAI4FQp.png (83KB, 600x159px) Image search: [Google]
CUgm1X8WcAI4FQp.png
83KB, 600x159px
lol wwe is literally out of touch, no amount of half assed booking is going to get Reigns over when he continues to fail at talking, just like his promo backstage before Owens came in an shit all over him
>>
Remember, this is a company that thought Batista vs. Orton would be biggest WrestleMania main event EVER

...in 2014
>>
>>789466

they also wanted Batista to be a face

but both of those guys had already proven themselves 10 years ago
>>
>>789450
> Sheamus fights valiently when being team up on 4 to 1, even eliminating a person before finally circuming to the numbers
> Reigns wins a 9 minute match before people could even settle in their seats
> Then goes on to spear a man who came out to congratulate him and let by gones be by gones posing no real threat
> Sheamus cashes in, but not on a entirely groggy Reigns and both guys get some good hits in
> Sheamus walks out champion
> People boo Reigns
Seriously, who is the one booking Reigns' top "babyface" run?

> Huuur, lets just repeat the same storyline as last year
Strangely enough, people don't like to cheer people who lose all the time. Sure, there's always the symbathy loss of being screwed off, but having it happen over and over doesn't win over anyone.
>>
>>789474
Poor Batista even told them it would never work.
>>
>>789480
Not that I condone Reigns being a needlessly hostile dickface, but the last time HHH came out to congratulate somebody for winning their 1st WWE World Title and Mr. MitB was in-play he formed The Authority

Also: it's Vince. It's ALWAYS Vince.
>>
>>789487
Then grab the belt and run away from the ring. No cash in for me plz.

Also, Dean Ambrose is a crap friend for not coming out to help after he literally just walked through the curtain. If he ran in, hit Sheamus and caused the DQ that would have been awesome. It would cost Sheamus his cash-in, piss off Triple H, rub some babyface reaction on Reigns AND lead into a Sheamus - Ambrose program, which I personally wouldn't mind.
>>
Reigns getting continually stopped from succeeding is just funny more than anything.
>>
>>789495
Running away from the ring? Sure, what a babyface action THAT is. My Hero!

> Dean Ambrose is a crap friend

Yes, out of the 2 remaining Shield brothers, it's Ambrose who is the worse of the two when it comes to having each other's back
>>
>>789480
Reigns has never lost cleanly aside from kind of sort of MITB cash ins, which themselves are inherently a bit dirty unless you pull the full face MITB.
>>
>>789497
I don't know why the WWE seems to forget, in the end the babyface has to win. You can't go from heel champion... to heel champion... to heel champion and have zero payoff. The babyfaces look like idiots and people will never get behind them.

>>789503
Well, okay maybe not run away from the ring, but no need to pointlessly spear the boss with your back to the entrance. Not just Shield either, look at Cena last year's Survivor Series, Ziggler had every odd against and he still refused to come out and help. He was more than willing to come out and celebrate though when he won the match.
>>
>>789510
WWE has broken moral alignments everywhere.

The babyface has to win...only problem is that WWE picks the wrong guys to be ITS babyfaces.
>>
>>789524
Meanwhile look at NXT. Bayley wins Women's Champion from evil heel - payoff. Vaudevillians beat the bullies of Dubstep Bros. - payoff. Finn Balor defeats Kevin Owens in the country that loves him. - payoff.

There's a balence in NXT that makes it so good to watch. In WWE the MitB briefcase just makes it automatic that heels will always win. I swear, if Vince was booking that Balor win in Japan, Finn would have beat Owens and Corbin would have came out, Regal would have made it a title match and we're back to having a heel champion again.
>>
>>789542
It's almost like NXT is a competent wrestling promotion not booked by an insane old prick or something
>>
>>789544
its not a wrestling promotion
>>
File: rockmcmahon-sseries98.jpg (48KB, 426x320px) Image search: [Google]
rockmcmahon-sseries98.jpg
48KB, 426x320px
Remember when the fans booed a guy they were supposed to cheer, then instead of trying to force things, they went along with it, and he became one of the greatest heels of an era?

Seriously though they're fucking related and it still doesn't occur to them after a year of Reigns getting booed.
>>
>>789553
At least point, a booker with a brain would say have Sheamus have a celebration on Raw tonight and Reigns comes out with a steel chair and kills everyone. But I am willing to bet he'll come out, demand "Mu'h rematch clause" then get distracted by something as Sheamus clonks him over the head with the belt.

I could put good money on that.
>>
>>789553
Vince was dragged kicking and screaming into Attitude. He only did it because WCW nearly killed the company.
>>
>>789559
He was at first. But after he did I'm pretty sure he grew to enjoy his feud with Stone Cold.
>>
>>789558
A booker with a brain wouldn't keep putting Reigns in these situations where they're expected to cheer him for screwing up
>>
>>789565
That would explain why Austin got demoted to the midcard the year after WCW died
>>
>>789566
I've lost count in the amount of times something has gone wrong for him, but this is the THIRD in one year just involving Money in the Bank.
>>
Personally I'm not surprised he doesn't have a panic attack every time he sees a briefcase.
>>
>>789466
Are you implying it wouldn't have been?
>>
Well, well, well.

They are getting creative with these polls.
>>
When is the last time that a WWE crowd has cheered a face that wasn't an indy darling?
>>
Cena, Lesnar, Orton, Big Show are the four biggest draws in the company now Bryan is gone and at the moment they're all away. They're trying the best with what they've got and if that's Reigns and Sheamus then so be it. I wish everyone would stop hating Roman he really doesn't deserve it.
>>
>>789697
Last night. Undertaker.
>>
>>789689
What fucking offer are they talking about?
>>
>>789699
Touche.
>>
>>789700
Reigns was given the offer by Haitch on the Manchester show to join the Authority and they would give him the spot in the finals without having to go through the tournament. Reigns said no (much to the Manchester crowd's booing).
>>
Why is Dave Meltzer seen as credible again?
>>
>>789698
Why do people like Bryan again?
>>
>>789711
Because he's a qt
>>
Rememeber when Vince constantly put Ryback against CM Punk for 6 months in the Heavyweight title picture.

What a fucking trainwreck Ryback was, injuring everyone he wrestles with because Vince thought having a MASTADON would be a great idea.
>>
>>789711

Because he is a bearded manlet and most neckbeards identify with him and think they will be able to get a wife as hot as his.
>>
>>789706
see >>789718
>>
>>789728
>qt
That's no christian
>>
>>789711
because he's the bestest nobody is better! saw people saying now is the right time for him to come back because of so many people are out injured, and it was hilarious to me that anyone thinks that the solution to a roster full of injuries is daniel fucking bryan, a guy made of glass who is more threatening to himself then anybody else in the company.
>>
>>789738
Look. Daniel Bryan has to live with knowing his wife fucked John Cena. There is no fate worse than that.
>>
>>789450

>It's a Fat Owens Fat circlejerk thread
>>
>>789756
Prepare for immense butthurt from Owensmark now that he got pinned by Reigns.
>>
File: 1448292077650.png (221KB, 503x612px) Image search: [Google]
1448292077650.png
221KB, 503x612px
>>789756
>>
>win title
>lose it to MITB shenanigans

This happens every year except for that one time when Sandow was the briefcase holder.

I find it funny that Reigns has been the recipient twice in the same year but that could probably be him paying his dues since he isn't an Indy darling or spent ten years in FCW/NXT.
>>
>Making a pebble brain Samoan who lacks the wit, charm and intelligence to cut a promo to be your number one guy
>>
>>789766
Macho Man levels of Savage
>>
>>789766

Lel that sign was great. You can tell it hurt his feelings.
>>
>>789770
He had another TLC-tier promo botch last night.

This guy will never get it.
>>
File: sandowburied.webm (3MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
sandowburied.webm
3MB, 427x240px
>>789768
>>
File: kevinmanlet.jpg (45KB, 585x325px) Image search: [Google]
kevinmanlet.jpg
45KB, 585x325px
>chin lock city

Someone tell Owens he's not wrestling in front of 20 people and doesn't need to try so hard to get smarks on his side. His looks get him enough support as is.
>>
>>789775
Hahaha oh wow

CLASSIC CENA
>>
>>789778
I like it.
Also he lookes more spontaneously when someone botches. Most other guys than lookes like total idiots.
>>
>>789775
That was... disgusting. Jesus. And cunts will actually defend booking like that.
>>
To be fair, WWE screwed up Ramen Rules.
2013 when everyone was hyped for the shield and Reigns, they let Batista win the RR with probably the dumbest elimination ever, just because they promoted his movie.
And a year later when everyone came all over Daniel Bryan they let him get eliminated like a boring worker and shoved Reigns down everyones throat.
If Reigns won the 2013 RR the people might have liked him, even with his dull moveset and shit tier mic skills.
Nearly everyone liked Bryan and everything he did was shouting YES YES YES for 12 months straight.
>>
>>789853
It's not just his mic SKILLS, his gimmick is all wrong too.
>>
>>789853
Dude he was even less ready then
He was still a part of the Shield and shit
Can't believe people say he isn't ready now when people wanted him to win the RR in 2014.
>>
>they did not want the fans to boo him as the Champion
Is there any logical reason why WWE would rather go through all of this shit instead of putting the title on someone the fans actually like?
>>
>>789689
The guy(s) who runs the poll love to stir up shit with the mark population from the looks of the past polls
>>
How can Roman Reigns get the fans back?
>no "make him silent"
>no "turn him heel"
>no technical workrate shit
>>
>>789985
Absolutely nothing besides "be more talented".
>>
>>789990

Wow what a vague term. What does this even mean?
>>
>>789995
>Stop being shit on the mic
>Stop being shit in the ring
>>
>>789753
what?
>>
>>790007
But he isn't shit in the ring? I thought we've passed that point. He can be alright on the mic but he still stumbles a bit. His ring work is fine, I think he needs to worry about getting the crowd behind him and learning how to talk
>>
>>790007

>Stop being shit on the mic

You mean like over half the roster

>Stop being shit in the ring

He isn't. He botches way less than Ambrose and has a way more dynamic style.
>>
>>789853
Also, 2013 Roman was the Shield. He would have had Seth and Dean to help cover his flaws, and the popularity of the stable to push Roman better, had he won the RR and the title then.
>>
>>789775
what was the purpose of this?
>>
>>790017

They needed Cena to retain so that the unification match against Randy can happen without people thinking, "What if Sandow cashes in?"
>>
File: 1393218866747.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1393218866747.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>790021
>>
>>789553
Rock was the hottest non Austin face in the company. His pops from Summer Slam to Survivor Series were insane before they swerved him back heel
>>
>>789985
He has the Cena crowd, but he will continue to get booed at PPVs. Here is what I do:

1. Have the Authority force him to the bottom of the card (a few appearances on Main Event, low card SD, etc)
2. Have him lose a few matches to humble him, they can play the mental distraction card as a reason.
3. Slowly build him back up through the ranks and win the US title next year, defend it at WM and retain
4. Enters a MITB match but loses (recurring theme - humble him, it warms the crowd)
5. Have him tie a Battle Royal over the summer against like Cesaro
6. 2/3 Falls match at a PPV - 1st fall for the the grudge (Reigns wins) - 2nd for the US Title (Cesaro wins) - 3rd for the World Title contendership (Reigns wins)
>Wins title at Summerslam against a heel

The idea sucks but so do Reigns chances of getting over
>>
>>790025
I love that blonde. If she lost 10-15 pounds she'd be amazing.
>>
>>789666
vince go away
>>
>>790062
not everyone that doesn't think like a smark is vinnie
>>
>>789553

he became one of the greatest heels (twice) because he was the rock. if you really think reigns can talk as a heel like the rock, make you hate him but at the same time, be so entertaining foh
>>
>>789480
>>789503

You know, I don't think that a babyface necessarily needs to be a nice guy. Remember that two of the top three babyfaces in the company's history (the fact that I don't even need to name them says it all) were the sorts who would pick a fight with anybody and everybody, sometimes just for the sake of picking a fight.

A good face can also duck out when it's smart to do so, so long as they do it in such a way that they're getting the last laugh in the process, and it fits their character.

The problem with Reigns isn't booking. It's that people don't want *him* as champion. He's a terrible actor and a mediocre wrestler. The only thing that he has going for him is that he looks cool. The most ingenious plot that we've seen in over a decade would be floundered on Reigns.

He should spend a few more years as a singles mid-carder. If he improves to main event level, then great. If not, then he's just not cut out to be at the top.
>>
>>789766
Why is Kevin Owens such a humongous faggot?
>>
>>790039
Here's mine
>after TLC put him in a feud with Del Rio
>literally nobody likes ADR, you can have Reigns win the US title and will probably get cheered
>Cena comes back and goes after "his" US title, they feud through to Mania
>turn whoever the fans hate most heel, have them go over at Mania with Authority interference
>have the other guy win the feud at the next PPV

That way you keep him out of the world title picture, put him in a feud with a guy who smarks hate more, and have him hold a mid-card title to give him some legitimacy (which WWE likes to skip these days with their artificial pushes).
>>
>>790067
Be honest now: do you even remember the Batista vs. Orton match that happened on the go-home RAW that year?

No? Didn't think so. Because it was utter fucking trash.
>>
>>791655
A babyface doesn't have to be a "nice" guy if they have charisma or talent.

And even then, unless their persona specifically calls for anti-hero traits a babyface SHOULD be an aspirational role model.
>>
>>792282
Because he enjoys working schmucks like you
>>
lol now they're gonna job rusev to roman

this is literally the 2013 road to WM30 all over again
>>
>>792737
Reigns already pinned Rusev clean on lolSmackdown a few months ago
>>
>>792739

>thinking smackdown is cannon

charlotte was pinned clean by big ass the week she beat Nikki at the PPV cause she botchd an got shoot pinned
>>
>>792741
Smackdown is canon because I want to live in a world where the first person to cleanly beat Rusev in WWE is Cesaro
>>
SASHA VS ORANGE IRRELEVANCE

>no general so this is now my live blog
>>
>>789985
>How can Roman Reigns get the fans back?
Oh that's easy! Just have him not ta-

>>no "make him silent"
Oh, well, turn him h-

>>no "turn him heel"
Fuck, alright, well, look, have him grow a beard then!

>>no technical workrate shit
GODDAMMIT

:)
>>
>>792745
>>792737
Oh great it's this faggot again. Time to abandon thread.

It makes me happy that we have other threads to discuss wrestling in now so you only kill this one.
>>
>>792748

>sashas leg is under the ropes
>thats teh rule
>you dont have to actually touch the ropes
>orange irrelevance fucked up the submission in the first place
>shitty racist tennesee crowd not even popping for delicious sasha
>>
>>789985
> implying that Reigns could do "technical workrate shit" even if he tried

I still feel sickened by his attempt at a Hangman's Elbow
>>
>>790013
> Reigns was The Shield

lol he was the weak link being carried by the stable
>>
holy shit the amount of obvious racist hatred in this tennessee crowd is hiliarous

DONT TAWK ABOUT MUH COUNTRY MUSIC NIGGER
>>
>>792753
The deanetty anchor who buried the U.S. Title says otherwise
>>
>>792759
> le deanetty meme

Opinion disregarded
>>
>>792761
>I can't handle the truth of my jobber favorite Ambrose
Typical Ambrose fan
>>
>>792763
Ambrose isn't even my fave ex-Shield member, dummy
>>
Why doesn't the WWE just have sheamus win at TLC via shenanigans and then insert Roman into the US title picture and have him beat Del Rio?
>>
>>792766
> Reigns vs Alberto

That sounds like the most apathetic match ever
>>
>>792766

they're clearly reusing the 2013 WM30 story
>>
>>792772
Yeah, with a guy who isn't nearly as over as Bryan and is simply not capable of being so
>>
>>792836
He should just use the chant and he will be.
>>
>>792844
Because that worked so well for Sheamus and Alberto and Big Show
>>
>>792848
Worked for Alberto and big show
>>
>>792852
> Alberto
> over

This isn't Dario Cueto's Temple
>>
>>789450
It's working, though.
He got Face reactions against Sheamus/Haitch last night.
>>
>>792868

>in shitsville

they cant alter the crowd when its back in Pittsburg, Minny, Philly and Boston over the next 2 months
>>
>>792871
>excuses

Doesn't matter who cheers for him. Long as they do they'll just stay in Shitsvilles all year long.
>>
>>792872

he was legit booed after the PPV

nobody fucking like shim

noboy cares what shitown middle america does, 99% of the PPVs are in towns that matter
>>
>>792872
> WWE booking shows in crappy Southern towns all year long

Even they aren't that dumb
>>
>>792873
>nobody fucking like shim

Are you going to continue crying?
He got pops the following night. You can get angry, lash out and label that town whatever you want. Thus far their plan is working.
>>
>>792878

>anti-batista pops for shamus
>legit pops

you cant stand there an let others talk or create heat opposite of you for ever

eventually you have to convince chicago its real life, not just say it as they continue to shit on you
>>
>>792881

also

>next match is TLC

>the only matches that ever resulted in legit pops for a short time after

>same shit happened earlier this year vs Big Show at Payback

>same shit happened after HIAC
>>
>>792881
What are you even talking about?
Literally all I said was their dumb little plan was working because he got pops last night.
I didn't speak of longevity at all. Just that thus far it's working.
Is it not?
>>
>>792883

>shitty "its real to me damit" towns were cheering for roman just before chicago 5 weeks ago too

once again, 99% of the 12 PPVs a year are in towns that matter, shitty tape delayed manchester raws where they can alter his fake crowd after telling HHH to shove it isnt going to fool the smarks
>>
>>792884
>implying I care about your tangents

Is it working thus far?
>>
>>792883

you probably think "the crowd wanted him to win" the RR 2 years ago too, when it was just anti-batista cheers, not "omg how could they eliminate roman"
>>
>>792886
No, I don't.
Why would you think that, friend :)?
>>
>>792878
Do you really think accusing somebody of "crying" in defense of Reigns is a clever thing to do right now?

> Nashville

They chanted U-S-A! at dirty foreigners purely for existing, they're the absolute lowest common denominator of mark
>>
>>792899
That's the target audience.

>Reigns gets cheers
>th-they don't count!
Stop crying family.
>>
>>792901
And they would've booed Reigns like good little WWE Universe members he had he turned the previous night

Being kind-of over with a basic crowd like that proves nothing.
>>
>>792909
>th-they really don't count, honestly!

Family PLEASE stop crying.
>>
File: Roman_Reigns.0.jpg (44KB, 823x483px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns.0.jpg
44KB, 823x483px
>>792911
> repeating stop crying
> to defend bbygurl

Embarrassing
>>
>>792918
>crying
>lying
>>
>>792919
> if I repeat it enough times, it'll be true
>>
>>792920
>if i cry enough times, it'll be true
>>
>>792923
Do you seriously want me to keep posting caps of Reigns crying like a bitch 'cause his forced push got thwarted?
>>
>>792926
>do you seriously want me to continue crying and giving you (you)'s?
>>
File: Roman_Reigns.0.jpg (34KB, 599x503px) Image search: [Google]
Roman_Reigns.0.jpg
34KB, 599x503px
>>792928
Whatever you say, attention whore

Maybe the third main event push for Reigns won't get completely dumped on by the crowd
>>
>>792930
ty
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.