[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Kuk-Sool-Won and it's teachings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Kuk_sool_won_logo.png (25KB, 210x206px) Image search: [Google]
Kuk_sool_won_logo.png
25KB, 210x206px
What do you guys think of Kuk-Sool-Won and it's teachings?

Either as a way of self-defense or martial arts, doesn't really matters.
>>
>>788554
It's made up korean bullshit.
>>
Girl I know is considered a black belt in it. She couldn't fight her way out of a paper bag. Total bullshit and a waste of time.
>>
Anything korean or chinese can be safely disregarded
>>
>>788803
>>789110
>>789152

>'murricans
>>
>>788803
Well, of course it's made up, i don't think any martial art actually existed naturally. It's supposed to mix all the good stuff about all korean martial arts into one discipline, so i don't see what's so bad about it.

>>789110
There's always those who get to their black belts purely due to the time they practiced.
>>
>>789110
>Girl
well there's your problem
>>
>>789172
are any of them wrong? unless you find that 1 in 100 decent tkd gym is there any style out of korea or china that can hold its own against the modern combat arts?(herafter to be dubbed the meme arts)
>>
>>788554
>kuk
>>
>>790350
There's still sanda.
>>
>>789335

What good stuff is that? Bouncing? Shitty blocks from Shotokan? Kicking with the instep and breaking your shit?
>>
>>791114
I'm no martial arts expert, so i can't say what exactly. All i know is that it focuses plenty on acrobatics and on diverting attacks rather than blocking them.
>>
>>791158

Acrobatics are worthless. Diverting attacks is AN approach to defense, but it had better not be your only option. It's also only something you can learn to do through live sparring, something kuk sool won doesn't excel at.

Also, don't bring up UFC 8. That guy didn't do KSW.
>>
>>791313
>Acrobatics are worthless.
>Diverting attacks is AN approach to defense, but it had better not be your only option.

Well then, what about pressure points? Google says that they also have plenty of that, plus breathing techniques, and how to use staffs and some other weapons.
>>
>>791496
>pressure points

Okay, too much trolling too fast. You gotta turn up the heat slowly or the frog jumps out of the pot.
>>
>>791513
>You gotta turn up the heat slowly or the frog jumps out of the pot.
Not if you put a lid on top.
It does take a better craftsman to make a lid, though.
>>
File: 1327458095427.jpg (23KB, 276x200px) Image search: [Google]
1327458095427.jpg
23KB, 276x200px
>>791513
Not that guy, but i kinda got interested after reading that, and...

What about practicing it as a recreational martial art on the side and then practicing BJJ or MT at the same time?
>>
>>789335
>It's supposed to mix all the good stuff about all korean martial arts

except koreans don`t have any martial arts that survived the two prong attack of korea`s boner for china and the Japanese occupation.
>>
>>790870
There's literally no reason to do sanda over muay thai aside from sinophilia and hipster points
>>
>>789335
>It's supposed to mix all the good stuff about all korean martial arts
So nothing
>>
>>792354
lel
>>
>>788554

I'm not a Kuk-Sool-Won practicioner myself, but from what I've seen it looks like an interesting Add-on to more common martial arts. You'll get to know basics of differnt weapons, which is never a bad idea..

So if you have some "standardized" martial art to back it up, I'd look into it.

>>792352

No, they are not the same..

Sanda throws are much more versatile than Muay Thai clinching. In MT, Judo throws are forbidden, in Sanda many Judo throws are basic curriculum. On the other hand MT has superior Ellbow techniques.

Or does this look like Muay Thai to you? Notice the Seoi Nage and the double leg takedowns..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBKJA4-fZbQ
>>
Im a Seido karate guy (Kyokushin offshoot) since I was a kid. Something about Kuk Sool Won and Hwa Rang Do really seem interesting to me. Combined arts that attempt to cope with all ranges. Dig into both those styles you find its Hapkido with shit added. Dont know why, but I still want to learn one of those.
>>
>>791544

Serious answer: You might pick up the occasional bullshit trick that will work once or twice on an MT or BJJ person. It won't be nearly as useful as just focusing on your MT or BJJ. If you have extra training time, spend it on strength or cardio.
>>
>>792716

where?
>>
>>793779
Queens, NY. Go to karate in Manhattan.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.