[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who's just started wrestling anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (43KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 592x592px
Ask a guy who's just started wrestling anything
>>
>>782206
you gay?
>>
>>782207
Naw
>>
>>782206
What's your name and finisher?
>>
>>782209
I'm not a pro yet lol, only just started learning moves and pins and shit
One day though I will be captain cupcake and my finisher will be the sprinkle
>>
What's your gimmick going to be f a m
>>
>>782214
As captain cupcake I shall sprinkle a bit of taste into wrestling
Yum
>>
>>782206
How hard is it to make decent money acting in these combat choreography soap operas?
>>
>>782206
How old are you, and are you with a local company or just training on your own? How tall are you? Are you going to be a power guy, a high flyer, or technical? What's your gimmick? Heel or face?
>>
>>782276
I wouldn't think it's the money which has to be basically decent even when you're not The Rock, but the physical toll and relative obscurity that would really suck.
>>
>>782211
>One day though I will be captain cupcake and my finisher will be the sprinkle
>>
How does one get into wrestling?
>>
>>786938
move away from home and go to a reputable wrestling school
shut the fuck up and listen
show up early to the shows and help set-up the ring
learn how to bump and move in the ring for 6 months before learning any moves
>>
>>782206
Scholastic or Greco-Roman?
>>
>>788236
No love for Freestyle?
>>
>be indie wrestler
>jobbing for some southern hick who is the local big guy
>dudes a complete fucking idiot
>botches everything
>tries to put me into a piledriver
>dont trust this faggot who botches simple shit
>end it 5 minutes early by rolling him up when he didnt expect it
>goes berserk and screams at me later
>"YALL DO WHAT I SAY CUZ IM DA BIG STAR HERE YOURE NOBODY NUTTIN YALL HEAR? WHO TF U THINK US LIL BOY?"

now im in some other small shit but at least the people there arent retarded
>>
>>788767
>jobbing
What does this mean? Is there a glossary of industry terms and slang I can reference?
>>
>>782206
How different are the stage combat techniques from actual martial arts techniques? How many old habits would I have to break coming in from judo/scholastic wrestling/muay thai/MMA in order to be a safe performer?
>>
>>792555
> being THIS entry-level

how the fuck did you even find this board
>>
>>792573
I'm here for martial arts and parkour. This is the only stuntman soap opera thread I haven't hidden: I've always enjoyed participating in physical activity more than watching it on screen.
>>
>>792577
Jobbing i.e. doing the job i.e. playing the part of the loser
Is considered demeaning despite it being fake. Most people want to win most of the time as this builds your character's reputation and can further your career.

A jobber is someone who's primary job is to make their opponents look good by selling their offense (making it look painful) and then jobbing to them. They rarely win matches.
>>
What was it like being in the shield, Roman?
>>
Do you guys pump creatine for huge muscles for the show?
Why don't you like a natty boxing/kickboxing physic?
>>
Strowman pls go
>>
>>792652
Because Vince McMahon still lives in the 80s where everyone is supposed to look larger than life. In his mind two titans slowly plodding around the ring is more sports entertaining than two good wrestlers telling a story.
>>
>>788767
>being this unprofessional and forcing a changed finish
>>
>>792684
It's funny because "larger-than-life" has nothing to do with physical size
>>
>>782276
small indie shit? 100-200 bucks a weekend

known indie shit? 500-1000 dollars a week
>>
File: 1447119242703.gif (2MB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
1447119242703.gif
2MB, 200x176px
>>792636
>>
>>793661
What kind of hours do you have to pull for that? Can I do my real person job on top of it?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.