[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there should be a brand split? If so how would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: smackdown-vs-raw-2010-wallpaper.jpg (202KB, 620x466px) Image search: [Google]
smackdown-vs-raw-2010-wallpaper.jpg
202KB, 620x466px
Do you think there should be a brand split? If so how would you execute it?
>>
>>780722

There are already two brands with NXT.

A SvsR situation? Don't want any more please brand bashing commentary and promo nonsense, so fuck no.
>>
Why are there so many people who want this, and want two world titles? It's shit, it's stupid, and makes no sense. Is it all young people who missed the Attitude era and grew up with the brand split?

NXT is the best way to do it.
>>
>>780728
more opportunities for talent
>>
The brand split was when WWE died. Every week you knew you would have the same limited number of matches with a limited number of wrestlers. When everyone's together, you don't know what you're going to get, so there's more excitement.
>>
>>780728
>Why are there so many people who want this, and want two world titles
Who said anything about two world titles? Have all the champions be dual branded.
>>780731
>When everyone's together, you don't know what you're going to get
Oh BOY! Reigns vs. Big Show 24!
>>
>>780735
> implying that Reigns vs. Big Show wouldn't happen on single-brand RAW

What a naive young boy.
>>
>>780729
The WHC became so worthless in its final years, especially when Vince started dumping his GoldenBoys on SD
>>
>>780736
I propose three brands.

>Raw
>Smackdown
>Reigns and Big Show
>>
>>780736
No, I'm implying that you still get the same matches week in, week out anyway with one brand.

If there were two then at least you might see more matches with different guys. Really, it's like Superstars and Main Event has it's own roster of low-midcarders.
>>
>>780737
and now smackdown is worthless so...
>>
>>780743
You'd see more varied matches when the pool for potential opponents is halved?

The reason guys like Sandow, Rose & Maddox have been exiled to the C-shows is because WWE doesn't want to use them, period.
>>
>>780737
>>780745
> TFW Smackdown was the legit A-show for a while until WWE got hissy that people preferred over Raw and had to make it purposely worse so people wout like Raw more
> "Mu'h flagship show!"

>>780747
Maddox is alive? When you have two different shows then you have storylines restricted to both shows. You can have Reigns feuding with Rollins on show and Owens vs. Neville on the other. These days it's more Reigns and Rollins have a tag match on Raw and have the exact same tag rematch on Smackdown.
>>
>>780750
Even you admit that if SmackDown! ever gets better than RAW it'll be sabotaged by WWE

So, what's the point?
>>
>>780751
I don't think Triple H would allow that to happen. Vince is idiotic enough to do it, heck, he edits out when people cheer for the guy he doesn't want them to cheer! Shovel-man is doing great on NXT.

If they did do the brand split, hope it would have to be over Vince's grave.
>>
>Raw becomes the main, touring brand
>SmackDown and NXT gets combined into the developmental brand
>wrestlers get shifted between both brands as the company sees fit
>offset the drop in revenue from having one touring roster instead of two by dropping the pay of SmackDown roster since they don't have to worry about travel and lodging
>SmackDown basically becomes a semi vacation for wrestlers who'll live in Florida with their family for a few months before they get sent back to Raw
>old ass part timers like Taker and Sting can show up more frequently and mentor the younger talent without having to travel
>>
>>780752
I want you to look at what's happened to practically every NXT callup and tell me that Triple H wouldn't allow something to happen.
>>
File: Hom'r.png (231KB, 328x336px) Image search: [Google]
Hom'r.png
231KB, 328x336px
>>780755
> TFW Neville
>>
>>780755
It would have to be one of those things where Vince and Dunn have nothing to do with the second brand, only Raw. Let Triple H move bigger with NXT. NXT was only supposed to be developmental, now look at how big it's got.
>>
>>780722

>Do you think there should be a brand split on the smallest roster ever?
>>
>>780763
> Combined roster of main roster and NXT
> Smallest roster ever
>>
>>780722
>NXT invasion angle after mania
>unlike WCW invasion, the invaders are the babyfaces this time
>put current roster ex-nxt guys like rollins and the wyatts on team nxt
>runs through to survivor series, team nxt v team wwe, if nxt wins they get smackdown
>>
>>780772
I don't Wyatts would care about any of the NXT guys.
>>
>>780768

You count the rookies over at NXT as full time wrestlers? You think people other than fullsail marks care about Bull Dempsey and the vaudvillains? Are you feeling okay?
>>
>>780772

>If you win you get the pre-taped B show.

Such great motivation.
>>
in my opinion a brand split would work better if they return to 2 hours. Less filler and storylines could end up more focused. Also, champions should be able to switch between sd/raw so titles arent bound to a brand.
>>
I miss the draft lottery. It was so fucking stupid, but I loved it.
>>
>>780776
>You count the rookies over at NXT as full time wrestlers?
Yes?
>You think people other than fullsail marks care about Bull Dempsey and the vaudvillains?
I think they people that sold out NXT Brooklyn and NXT London in a matter of days would beg to differ.
>>
>>780788

>Yes?
>>
>>780790
Well what the hell would you call them?
>>
>>780791

>Rhyno
>Full time wrestler

>Yes?
>>
>>780793
So the three part time wrestlers they have negates the rest of the roster?
>>
Get more people.
>>
>>780776
lol are you posting this from July or something?

The little "just over in Full Sail" myth got debunked hard by Takeover BROOKLYN

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>780760
Yeah, and last time that happened, the Draft ransacked SmackDown! so it would stop outshining RAW
>>
>>780722
There isn't enough people for a brand split. It worked after the end of WCW and ECW because there was so many good wrestlers, now there isn't many good wrestlers. There are only three legit main eventers
>>
>>781685
The WWE roster (plus NXT) hasn't been this deep since then

The booking is the problem, not the wrestlers
>>
Embrace NXT as both a developmental and alternative brand to breed competition with your main product. There is literally no risk involved since you still win, but you may have to worry about cannibalization.
>>
After Vince buys TNA and brings up enough MXT wrestlers, sure.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.