[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like the concept of how in Thailand they teach muay thai at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: MuayThaiKids-7[1].jpg (176KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
MuayThaiKids-7[1].jpg
176KB, 532x800px
I like the concept of how in Thailand they teach muay thai at the schools since it's their national sport. In the US do they teach wrestling in highschool compulsarily? What other countries teach martial arts in the schools?

I would have loved to have compulsary BJJ class all throughout my 13 years of schooling.
>>
>inb4 wrestling is not a martial art

Fine then, martial art OR combat sport.
>>
some schools offer it as a sport or perhaps a quick lesson. So most of the time if you actually want to be proficient in it you have to take lessons outside of school.
>>
>>777403
>some schools offer it as a sport or perhaps a quick lesson. So most of the time if you actually want to be proficient in it you have to take lessons outside of school.

I agree although obviously the one exception is Thailand. Unless in Russia they have a sambo or judo program at school.
>>
>>777397
Junior highs in Japan do judo as part of the first year PE curriculum in public schools. Actual judo clubs aren't terribly common before high school though. Kendo clubs are common in junior high but not nearly as much as soccer or baseball.
>>
>>777397
Phillippines teach Arnis/Eskrima/Kali.
No idea which style, though. My guess would be Modern Arnis.

I wonder what would be teached in Germany if we had compulsory martial arts. Probably German JuJutsu.

>tfw we took a Japanese martial art, found it inefficient and made it some kind of unholy combination that just steals from everything and can range from effective self-defense to being completely retarded because there are no standards
>>
>>777573
Isn't Kendo pretty fucking shit for teaching you how to fight? I heard it's almost as bad as fencing, due to how scoring works.

I wonder what boxing counts as, considering that it kinda teaches you to punch people in the skull, which is retarded when your hands aren't padded. Not to mention the complete lack of anything that isn't fist attacks.
>>
>>777397
In Canada, they have like wrestling clubs and shit. No mandatory class though.

Outside of the week long "self defense" course
>>
>>777397

The U.S. school systems are little more than leftist indoctrination centers. That turn boys into submissive pussies, and females into wannabe "men".

That's why we have so many kids that go crazy and go on shooting sprees.
>>
File: 20100207_Judo_0088.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
20100207_Judo_0088.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
>>777397
there was an afterschool judo class in all my schools in France, dunno if it's normal or if i was just lucky
Most people will typically have done a few years of judo when they were kids here
>>
>>777397
>I like the concept of how in Thailand they teach muay thai at the schools

I lived in Thailand. This is a lie
>>
>>777642
Didn't have this in Quebec ! That's sad i would have loved to !
>>
I don't think they actually teach thai boxing in thailand in schools.

The only thing I have heard of, was Muay Boran. I know this because we had a champion from thailand come in and do a seminar and he said he did that in school when he was young.
>>
>>777397
yes alot of schools in US have wrestling teams you can join after school. they aren't mandatory but its like any other school sport.
>>
>>777397
Wrestling's offered in high school. It's not that big of a deal but I know the guys who do it are fucking tough sobs.

Schools funnel most of their sports funds into football/basketball though
>>
>>777397
>In the US do they teach wrestling in highschool compulsarily?

Not that I've experienced. But I don't think any school district in the US has compulsory sports participation.

And there really isn't a "national sport" in the US when it comes to middle/high school age kids. It's a lot more regional. So wrestling is big up North and in the mid West. But in the South Football and Basketball are *the* sports.

Baseball is usually "clubs" filled with kids who have been playing together since Tee Ball and will likely end up moving on into college ball. While they are technically part of the high school athletics program (at least here in Florida), because they are a "club" they can be more discerning about who they allow onto the team.
>>
>>777656
>That's why we have so many kids that go crazy and go on shooting sprees.

It's actually not.

But please, remain ignorant as fuck.
>>
>>777885

I guess I should caveat this: I was a varsity wrestler all four years of high school, even though our school was big for Football (multiple state championships, nationally ranked at the time).

But because wrestling isn't so big down here by the end of the year when we got to the end of season tournaments we would sometimes not even have a full line up. One year seven of us went to district and regional tournament, and one year only I went to the state tournament.

And the colleges here don't have NCAA wrestling teams, they have "clubs" that compete through other organizations.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.