[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let me get this straight.... In Japan Judo, Ju-Jitsu, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: hisae[1].jpg (40KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
hisae[1].jpg
40KB, 450x300px
So let me get this straight....
In Japan Judo, Ju-Jitsu, and Karate are viewed as respectable sports and they respect the atheletes.....but they consider MMA as bunch of circus freaks???
I don't get it. Why?
>>
>>766683
MMA is closer to pro-wrestling in its market demo and advertising.
Shares a history with pro-wrestling in japan
And many of the popular fighters are kind of freaks, for a lack of a better word.

The other 3 you mentioned are part of traditional and respected martial culture.
>>
Muh honor

Mastah the one art better den average in many technique
>>
>>766683
MMA fighers rack disciprine.
>>
>>766683
They make the distinction between a sport and a bloodsport. That's all.
>>
>>766683
Anon in Japan here. The vast majority of people in Japan don't know or care about mma or shooto. They don't know there are different styles of karate and think judo and jujutsu are the same thing.

tl;dr interest in martial arts in Japan is niche at best.
>>
File: Brock Lesnar.jpg (64KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
Brock Lesnar.jpg
64KB, 600x420px
>>766987
plus the greatest MMA fighter of all time is a pro wrestler
>>
>>767457
Is it any different in Murica?
>>
>>767510
Dunno I'm not a clapistani
>>
>>767457
You sure about that? I read an article about the prescence of MMA in Japan and the people that actually watch it think of it like going to the circus.
>>
>>768932
>the people that actually watch it
There's your problem. I'm talking about the majority. Martial arts in general is niche as fuck
>>
>>767502
That's true, Bad Rutten did do some pro wrestling.
>>
>>766683
Muh national tradition obviously
>>
>>768961
>I'm talking about the majority.

Why? it is easy to see from context that we are talking about fans and enthusiast.
You seem to just want to shut down the discussion.
>>
>>766683
They don't understand mma rules is all.
That and have you seen pride fighting..
Shit's fucking hilarious. Worse matchmaking than rito. Terribly flashy as well.
>>
File: punch out.jpg (19KB, 460x330px) Image search: [Google]
punch out.jpg
19KB, 460x330px
>>766683
They've got a lot of freakshow fights in japan.
>>
>>769003
kek
>>
File: 1001010010101.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1001010010101.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>767457

>and think judo and jujutsu are the same thing

>implying Gracie JiuJitsu isn't just Judo
>>
Heritage. Asians don't like people messing with traditional arts.
>>
karate isn't even japanese. It's okinawan by way of china and the japanese laid claim to it as a national tradition when they took over the island
>>
>>767510
No, not really. It's kind of considered to be a redneck sport like NASCAR. There are still lots of people that watch, but the general public still doesn't really know about it.
>>
>>774384
Its not. Why else do you think Kimura fucking Helio's shit up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.