[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /asp/ My younger brother has some serious anger issues and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: feastRUBEN.jpg (53KB, 640x397px) Image search: [Google]
feastRUBEN.jpg
53KB, 640x397px
Hi /asp/

My younger brother has some serious anger issues and I think it would be healthy for him to have an outlet and also learn to defend himself (my family lives in NYC). I work in sports medicine and I've studied a lot on head injuries, concussions, repeated blows, etc. On the one hand, I want to help introduce him to some sort of martial art, but I also don't want him to suffer as he gets older.

What sort of martial art might you guys recommend? There are a few places relatively close by for muay thai, judo, bjj, and boxing. I'm not too familiar with most of these as I only wrestled when I was in high school. I'm kind of leaning away from letting him do boxing because of how much I've seen with boxers as they age.

If I'm being stupid just let me know and point me in the right direction.
>>
>>765270
If you're leaning away from boxing you should lean away from all striking arts including muay thai. Grappling would be the way to go then. Bjj will focus more on ground fighting and submissions. Judo will focus on stand up grappling and throws. Ask him which he would prefer.
>>
>>765270
Good idea. Train an outburst prone retard in martial arts. There's no possible way that could end poorly.
>>
>>765300
>>765270
That being said, being proficient at striking helps a lot, no one says he has to compete or get beaten into a vegetable, but learning what people can do with their fists, how fragile, but at the same time oddly resilient people are, and how much damage you can truly do can really teach you something about life IMO
>>
>>765307
If he gets beaten by a sparring partner he would probably just quit or get kicked out if he goes apeshit. Happens too often
>>
File: Kyokushin Fouls.jpg (114KB, 647x504px) Image search: [Google]
Kyokushin Fouls.jpg
114KB, 647x504px
He should do Kyukushin Karate.

>He gets the anger release of beating the shit out of people with kicks and punches
>there're no elbow strikes to the head
>there're no hand strikes to the head
>there're no kicks to the back of the head

http://www.masutatsuoyama.com/en/home/kyokushin_rules.htm
>>
>>765307
Physical activeness reduces stress, which in turn increases self control.
>>
>>765352
>implying stress causes mental retardation
There's a reason they don't teach martial arts in the nutfarm
>>
>>765348
>no_fun_allowed.jpg
>>
>>765354
>implying stress doesn't cause impulsivity
>implying people don't hit shit when they're mad
>>
>>765370
You'd like Krav Maga.
>>
Taichi+weed

Will he learn to fight? Probably not but he WILL mellow the fuck out. Which by the sound of it is what he needs more than anything
>>
>>765300
>>765270

OP, you said anger management problem, but specifically does he have a big ego problem? I'm asking because I wouldn't suggest BJJ.

I do BJJ and people who couldn't control their ego usually quit really fast. Because for the first few weeks(months/years?) you'll be doing nothing but getting your ass kicked all night long. Not everyone can handle being tapped out repeatedly.
>>
>>765270
larp with foam sword
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.