[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had my first judo session yesterday give me tips to pwn everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee.gif (885KB, 398x290px) Image search: [Google]
rrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee.gif
885KB, 398x290px
I had my first judo session yesterday give me tips to pwn everyone ever and become the best.
>>
>>759294
Sweep the leg.
>>
>>759294
Train hard
>>
>>759296
I need results now m8 plan to challenge sensei on the next session and take his belt m8
>>
>>759294
Expect to do nothing terribly interesting until you can fall properly
>>
>>759297
Pipebomb.
>>
Oh shit that gif is so cute
>>
>>759306
He can't take his belt if the belt blew up, now can he?
>>
>>759294
Git gud at landing on your arse.

Get thrown, a lot.

get tapped out, a lot

Don't be a dick, if you lose that's part of the fun, it means you've more you can learn.

Also Osoto Gari and Ippon Seoi Nage are your friends.
>>
File: 1445886587451.gif (879KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1445886587451.gif
879KB, 320x240px
>>759294
I have some:

Learn breakfalls properly.

When you're trying to do a throw in uchi komi, never use your full strength, keep relaxing and you will now when you're doing the technique properly and it will help you in the long run by recognizing how efficient proper throws are compared to brute force. The brute force comes later in competitions.

Don't try to learn from youtube, experiencing anything in judo is far superior than attempting to learn experimental stuff, that comes way later.

In ne-waza, work methodically, don't attempt to rush chokes or armbar immediatelly.

Get some tips from more experienced, and give some to lesser experienced in turn, it will make sessions more fun while increasing the difficulty.

Go to competitions.

Film yourself during randori or competitions, attempting to recollect by memory what you did incorrectly is impossible, too much adrenaline. But when you capture it on film, you can easily see what you did wrong and hopefully learn in the long run how to eliminate it.

Go to competitions.

No, really. Go to competitions, you will probably get your ass handed to you at first but the growth that you get out of it can't be stressed enough, especially if you have someone record your matches.

Also what trips say >>759444
>>
Weight control of yourself and your opponent is essential and can only be learned by feeling it and practice.

Also footwork is surprisingly important to actually landing throws.

Lastly learn the way joints go and don't go, then practice till you can tell instantly what way you should attack the joint if you at any point isolated it while having weight control.

In summery, listen and practices as much as you can, and ask questions to learn.
It will take much time and a TON of effort, but if you stick with it and train hard you will git good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.