[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My trainer told everybody at the club that they should put their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: belt.jpg (640KB, 2014x1224px) Image search: [Google]
belt.jpg
640KB, 2014x1224px
My trainer told everybody at the club that they should put their belt on their resumes, I'm a "Probationary Blackbelt" at WTF TKD (not a mcdojo) and was considering it, I hope to get my First Dan Blackbelt for real in mid next year, should I add either this one or my next belt onto my resume?
>>
Out of curiousity;
for a particular job or in general? Because somehow I doubt putting your beltgrade in taekwondo would have any effect in most jobs, except for maybe bouncing and such.

On-topic;
I would wait for first dan to actually put black belt the resume. "Lying" about a black belt is a huge thing for those who actually care about belts. If it's just about impressing people, "red belt with three black stripes" sounds pretty impressing by itself to someone who don't have a clue about belts.
>>
>>758979
Some people tell me that you should have a section for hobbies on your resume.
>>
>>758980
You should only list hobbies if they are professionally relevant, i.e. you're applying for a job as a bouncer, or something requiring physical fitness.

In my personal opinion, I guess it would be fine to put it for unrelated positions too, but it might give the employer the idea that you are just trying to impress him with irrelevant stuff.

When I applied for a job I included that I had done martial arts during the past year because it was a physically demanding job.
>>
Both you and your trainer are retards.
>>
You should get a tattoo of your belt, and every belt you manage to get. I have tats of every belt I've ever gotten over 12 different martial arts
>>
>>758985
I'll list them too.

1. White belt Judo
2. White belt American Karate
3. White belt Jiu-Jawuzo
4. 2nd Sash Tai Chi
5. 3rd Dan Tai Shu Do "The Way of Ultimate Techniques" and in 1993 under Bob Yoder's Kung Fu Academy
6. Purple Belt Boxing
7. White Praaijing Muay Thai
8. White belt Hung Gar
9. Black Sash Hung Gar +
10. Red Sash Yiu-Chotto
11. White star Yue Family Boxing (it sucks, don't bother, regretting this)
12. Orange stripe box espanol
>>
I actually have been wondering this tho- as a bouncer who might one day go for corrections, does putting MA experience on my resume make me look like a massive autist or is it a desirable thing, and how much detail should I go into?
>>
>>759029
>1993 under Bob Yoder's Kung Fu Academy
I know this is a joke, but was Wu even alive in 1993?
>>
I have a short "hobbies" section at the end of my resume. It's strategically placed.

I state that i'm into photography (this guy has esthetic sense, in addition to his functional abilities)
genericly Martial Arts, not which ones or for how long (this guy has the will to commit and concentrate on something)
interest in graphical design (this guy can also do some UI/front-end work in addition to back-end development)

I would find it superflous and presumptous to state my grade in any or all my arts. Even more so with "probationary" in front of it.

But I'm no HR, just disregard.
>>
>>758976
there's a line at the end of my cv that says i like movies and i practice karate, but i'm not exactly seeking a position at Goldman Sach's
>>
I am going through the application process for a federal law enforcement position. For the first time ever, I listed my martial arts rank and experience (judo, bjj) at the bottom of my resume under "other skills", along with Red Cross CPR/First Aid cert and some other things. I do not know if it helped or hurt my chances, but I have been pushed through to the final round of testing.

If it is relevant to the job and you are at a respectable level in a respectable art (no one cares about your green belt from Bob's Karate Klub), go ahead and list it, but be tactful about it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.