[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is boxing twice a week and judo twice a week a good amount? will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

is boxing twice a week and judo twice a week a good amount? will i be able to improve well with that? i cant fit any more in
>>
thats good
>>
>>757555
thanks bro, hope you have a good weekend
>>
I'm in a similar position with kickboxing and BJJ.

I've been wondering whether dropping the 2 bjj sessions and taking 4 x kickboxing classes a week would give me that much more skill in a shorter amount of time.

Thoughts?
>>
>>757544
Yeah that's fine. Youre way less likely to burn out. Just remeber to keep the consistency andmyoull be great in 6 months
>>
>>757561
Depends what you're interested in I guess.
>>
>>757617
I think Anon wants to know if doing 4x Kickboxing a week for a week would give him more Kickboxing skill compared to if he where to do 2x Kickboxing a week along with 2x BJJ that same week for two weeks.
>>
>>757544
It depends on what you want to do.
What goals do you have in the martial arts?
What reasons did you join for?
>>
>>757620
Generally speaking ?
>>
>>757617
I guess i'm wondering if it's better to dedicate time to one thing and reap the rewards quicker than doing two things for half of the time.

I started quite late (25) so i feel like time is against me
>>
>>757544
Depends on your goals. Is it MMA, self-defence general or just fun?
>>
>>757675
i'd like to do some level of competition, obviously not looking to be professional but if i could compete at all i'd be happy, mma or just boxing, but i'd like to try mma
>>
File: O goshi harrison.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
O goshi harrison.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>757544

You will progress slower in both than if you focused only on one, but you're still going to be fit and well above the fighting skill set of the average joe.

I'd do the same as you, if I could.
>>
>>757544

> i cant fit any more in

So why do you even ask?
Retard.
>>
ITT:
>guise is 8 days of training a week a good amount?
>yes that's good
/thread
>>
>>757679
>>757561

Anon from the above posts here. I decided to ditch BJJ and just do kickboxing 4 times a week instead. I figured time was against me and I'd be better investing my time in kickboxing while i'm still young as i'll be able to pick up BJJ and roll far more than kickboxing when i get to my 30's
>>
>>759163

You don't need 10 year to get good at kickboxing, bro. Train for two years, go to your tournaments and then pick up grappling if you want to.
>>
>>759172
But that's 2 years at 4x a week right?
>>
>>759174

It totally depends on your goals.

IMHO it's worth to focus on one thing at a time, at least until you are not a complete beginner anymore. I started cross training too early (after one year of Judo) and it was a clusterfuck to my brain. Not that much of a problem since I have no ambitions to be amazing in any of my sports, but I should have waited one more year, that would have been better.

Just wait till you feel like you can take up some more, you'll know when it feels right.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.