[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideal weight for Martial Arts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: ninja_gordo.jpg (38KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
ninja_gordo.jpg
38KB, 266x400px
For long time I'm thinking about joining a martial art school, but my greatest concern is my fatness. I'm 164 cm tall and currently weight 111 kg, but I'm pretty agile.

That is why I'm starting with food diet (skipping soft drinks and drink mineral water instead, avoid taking snacks or candy). Use stationery bicycle everyday, but I need to plan out new scheme.

But the biggest question is how much weights do I need to lose or reach the ideal weight for martial arts training?
>>
look at roy nelson. You can be successful at fighting and still be a fat fuck.
guys are skinny because they want to fight in smaller weight classes and be the biggest strongest guy. But if you aren't dealing with weight classes you should try to be big and strong.
>>
>>755422
Look at least you got some flab for some protection. Fat guys are hard to KO
>>
The drills and exercise you will do in Martial arts will help you loose weight. Start now.
>>
Martial Arts training is exercise, you might as well start a martial art.

If it were Parkour, on the other hand, it wouldn't be the best idea to start doing some 15ft drops at that weight without having some strong legs and good technique.
>>
Fun Fact: You can be fat enough to stop a bullet from killing you.
>>
If you're really fat, you might want to refrain from trying some jumping spinning kicks and what not, your knees would thank you later.
>>
>>755422
I was 178cm tall and weighted 128kg when I started doing kick boxing. I tired out fast at first but started losing weight and getting better endurance. I also do bjj, mostly roll with other fat guys because no wants to be supermaned by some dude that outweights them by 50kg.
>>
desu senpai
>>
File: kick boxing.gif (2MB, 260x163px) Image search: [Google]
kick boxing.gif
2MB, 260x163px
>>755435
>kick boxing
Is this the newest, hip way to refer to the art?
I should start doing it, too.
kick boxing!
>>
File: kick boxings.gif (2MB, 260x163px) Image search: [Google]
kick boxings.gif
2MB, 260x163px
>>755443
kick boxing!
>>
File: kick boxing.gif (2MB, 260x163px) Image search: [Google]
kick boxing.gif
2MB, 260x163px
>>755446
kick boxing
>>
>>755426

I'm looking some clips of Roy Nelson and he somehow similar to me with stomach rubbing... But I'm pretty short so that I'm focus on mix of strength and speed, than being big.

>>755428

My stomach is pretty hard, so you have good point there.

>>755430

True but I had to check with my boss about the working schedule first before I can start training.

>>755431

I'm thinking about doing some parkour too but I may need to lose some weight and learn how to fall before that.

>>755433

Sadly Mythbuster made a test about it and it got busted.

>>755434

I think it is less likely for me to use jumping spinning kicks, because it is most suited for surprise attack or using against stunning victim.

>>755435

Excuse me for being so curious. Through your experience, how did your trainer and fellow students react about your weight when you begin?
>>
>>755426
>>755431
>164cm
>111kg
>41 BMI

He will ruin his joint doing any striking art. Do you imagine the stress on the knees doing evades in boxing ? Or trying a step in kick ?

Unless you plan to do Judo ,the repeated spring movement is fucking harsh on the joints.

>>755450
What do you intend to do exactly ? Because unless you want to do swimming you'll shred your joints man.
>>
lmao kick boxing
>>
>>755422
>I'm obese
>I'm agile though!
No you're not you fat fuck. Just go train.
>>
>>755422
>but I'm pretty agile.
doubtful
>>
I did really good but that was when I was younger. I'd say the perfect size would be about five seven and 140-150 lbs. I was around that in my prime which was about 13-14 and I'm 26 now. Right now I'm 26 and 6 foot and about 150 lbs. If I were to go back in time 12 years my younger self would destroy me.
>>
>>755433
Unless you're real fat, and it's a shit tier bullet, you're all out of luck. A stabbing, on the other hand.
>>
>>755452

I don't trust on BMI because it only calculate the body mass, not the bone density, muscle and fatness.

But for training I will need to start with something soft until I lose enough pounds for harder training. Right now I increase the time for stationary bike training.

>>755487
>>755606

When you working in restaurant or going to big city, you will become more agile by dodging other people. If I'm not agile enough, I will properly crash a lot of people.

>>755900

Man... it remind me the time when I had joined the Weightwatcher and had successful losing weight until I was something 74 kg or less. After my grandmother died... I start cheating with the died plan and become fat again...
>>
no reason to not start now. Train while you are cutting your weight you'll be able to see how weight loss helps you improve your abilities
>>
Not OP but I was always interested in picking up martial arts again. I'm 165cm manlet but skinny and still have good athletic skill. I used to do Judo up until I was about 12 and its one of the things I regret the most in my life, currently 19. Is judo a martial art more suited to larger builds or would I be better off with a striking art?
>>
>>760227
you will fight people at your weight no matter what martial art you do. and you can always bulk up if it bothers you that much.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.