[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on thsi Conor McGregor vs. Hafthor fight? Did Hafth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: conormcgregor.png (604KB, 852x438px) Image search: [Google]
conormcgregor.png
604KB, 852x438px
Opinions on thsi Conor McGregor vs. Hafthor fight?
Did Hafthor go easy on him or what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig&feature=youtu.be
>>
He seems like a big guy...
>>
>>754880
The big guy is clearly not a fighter.
>>
>>754882
No, he's a strongman competitor but I still think that he could have won if he actually didn't go easy on him.
He gets a hold of Conors wrists several times and he probably could have crushed them/broken them.
Also if hits to the head were allowed and the just gets in one good blow conor is smoked.
>>
I'm pretty sure at 0:20 Björnsson could have broken McGregor in half if he had wanted to. Instead he chose to let go because it was just a friendly banter. Or am I mistaken?
>>
>>754880
>sparring in jeans

lamo

Also, halfthor seems to be exhausted just walking around. Cardio must kill gains.
>>
>>754880
Hafthor can literally curl Conor for reps. What the fuck do you think?
>>
>>754880
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23LR6pWEpKU

I'm assuming they both went easy on each other. In a real fight Conor would probably dance around him for a few minutes and then try to put him down with a straight left and hope to christ thor's too tired to land anything big.
>>
>>754880
No,

Obviously they were just doing body shots, and obviously they weren't hitting each other hard. But Hafthor was really trying to hit him. People assume he was going easy on Conor because he didn't just run him down, but it's not that easy in a fight. Your opponent is constantly moving away from your attacks. It's fucking hard to land a punch on someone, especially someone as fast as Conor. To be honest, a real fight would probably go the same way. Thor is strong as shit, but that doesn't do you much good if you can't land a solid shot on your opponent. And Conor seemed to be too slick for Thor to do anything to him grappling-wise. So unless he were able to corner him in a small room, Conor would probably whittle away at his cardio with body shots till he gave up.

>>754885
>He gets a hold of Conors wrists several times and he probably could have crushed them/broken them.

I don't understand people who make comments like this. What do you mean crush his wrists? Have you ever seen someone do that in real life? Squeezing Conor's wrists isn't going to do shit besides burn a ton of his precious energy.
>>
Four or five months of any decent martial art and Thor would wreck Conor's shit with his superior strength , but from how it is now I would put my money on Conor on a real fight
>>
>>755304
He'd get a compression submission from literally lying on the manlet.
>>
>>755280
not crush, but you can bend. this is specially easy if your hand is big enough.
>>
>>755088
have you seem when the mountain puts conor's head down?

i mean. cro cop and mirko won against choi and giant silva got rekt many times. aswell as bob sapp. but the difference between those two is absurd.
>>
>>755088
Are you sure Coner wouldn't just kick him in the legs until he couldn't walk anymore?
>>
>>755490
oh, so just like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5WfWmISKrk
>>
>>754880
They're obviously just playing around, just a bit of banter between the lads.
>>
The big guy was being friendly, but so was Conor a few times.

Very friendly little exhibition. That's good, it means the giant is trainable.
>>
If it had been an actual fight, Hafthor could have killed him at 0:17. I think he even lingered in that position to demonstrate his complete physical dominance.
>>
>>756708
If it had been an actual fight, Conor probably wouldn't have wasted time tapping him in the stomach.
>>
>>754885
I bet you probably believe that a 250lb power lifter can crush the wrists of a 120lb chimpanzee too hu?
>>
>>756710
Honestly I take Conor in a fight, the fight will last a while, it won't end in a few seconds.

It will be a leg kick clinic followed by precision punches. The moment it hits the ground, Conor has a huge advantage.
>>
>>754892
Why do people like you exist. How can people be as dumb as you.
>>
You guys saying he could just kill him instantly when he gets his hands on him are just blatantly misinformed or under the guise of misconceptions for whatever reason. There is no human on the planet that can snap someones neck with their bare hands in no position that allows maximum leverage, like a neck clinch on the ground, so no he cant just twist his neck and thats it, nor can he just grab his arms with one hand and break them in his grip instantly, he needs leverage through some kind of technique. In other words, a person cannot just grab anothers arm and snap it with both hands as a child would do to a stick, even if they are 400 pound strongmen.

That being said it is clear he has an opportunity for submission at the 17 second mark as he is so much heavier he could just jump on him and lie on top of him and this would be a technical submission and the end of any street fight. Obviously if you are fighting a big guy you are at a massive disadvantage and you need to never get grabbed.
>>
>>757764
5" 4 confirmed
>>
guys, have you heard about Mariusz Pudzianowski? he was winning every strongman competition few years ago. now he fights in mma and is not doing well. I think it would look the same with Hafthor
>>
File: 1447027165476.png (619KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447027165476.png
619KB, 1280x800px
>>754880
>>
>>757764
i think he was pretty spot on mate
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.