[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

b-boy general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (6KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 215x235px
Breakdancing general.

I've recently started learning how to breakdance, and so far I know how to do : 6 step, baby freeze, turtle freeze, pilot freeze and shoulder freeze.

Are there any resources on the internet that I can use to learn how to do power moves and more advanced freezes or footwork on my own? As someone that has done a bit of body weight work, are there any breakdancing moves that I should try to learn first that bodyweight techniques have a decent carry over to?
>>
>>314775246
In this day, just search for tutorials on YouTube.
>>
>>754176
Are there any channels that are particularly good? Some of the advice given for power moves differ between channels, but so far I've just been looking at Vincanitv.
>>
I've just started too, youtube and vincanitv is a decent source, however I always mess up the directions when he is talking about being right handed but doing moves with his left. Otherwise just search for <move> tutorial or go straight from related videos.

Would you upload some videos of you doing stuff? I would be very interested to see beginner videos not just dancers doing tutorials.
>>
Check out Kaio on youtube, he's french or Italian I think but he has lots of really in depth tutorials on various powermoves as well as strengthening exercises.
>>
>>751153
does your wrist hurt after practicing?
>>
Have more advanced people teach you and critique. Record yourself and break down the movements. Tutorials are good but breaking is about the culture.

Learn everything both directions, and practice basics. Like handstands and planches level of basic. Breaking by itself isn't good without some other discipline/arts in there too.

Also the 6 step is important. Practice them so that you can Chop up the steps, recombine, repeat, change direction and levels and transitions to create footwork.
>>
the other day I watched a tutorial on turtle freeze. He said stabbing my elbows ~where my obliques are, but when I tried it I could only hold it for a couple of seconds before running out of breath. Am I stabbing wrong, lack strength (arms/core) or just putting too much weight on my elbows?
>>
>>756000
This is why u need people to actually show u shit. The stabbing in the obliques /above the hip bone is good, but you have to turn your hips so it's perpendicular instead of facing the ground for balance
>>
>>756000
What I found useful was experimenting with the non stabbing hand, in terms of placement. Maybe if you try putting your other hand closer or further away from your body it would be easier?
>>
>>755472
Sometimes, usually I do some wrist mobility before hand, and I start off with less wrist intensive things then gradually work into more wrist intensive things.
>>
>>755073
What would you be interested in? As I said in the OP I can't really do much but I'll gladly upload a video if you specify.
>>
>>756547
Any of the above, but most interested in 6-step. I have a hard time with any move, but 6-step just seems too easy, and for me, feels weird. Would like to see how others' look, how fluid and fast it should be when just starting out.
>>
>>756639
I have a video of a 1 armed turtle freeze if you're interested, should i upload it to youtube? I took me about 1 week to get from being comfortable with turtle freeze to this stage.
>>
Anyone got a playlist to dance to?
>>
>>756772
sure, or you might as well can post it as a webm
>>
>>756829
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUa455hR3lg&feature=youtu.be

I tried to convert it a few times into a webm but it wouldn't let me post to 4chan, hope this is fine too.

Also, what would be considered the prerequisites for starting to learn windmills other than having a solid turtle freeze?
>>
>>751153
I used to do b-boying long time ago. I'd recommend learning turtles as your first power move and backspin. The start of the backspin, building momentum with your legs and finding that spot on your back to spin on is great for when you learn windmill. And turtles will get you used to finding that spot on your stomach that you use for windmills and all that other stuff. And then start on windmills.
>>
>>757082
noice
>>
any tips on not getting light headed? spinning makes me dizzy very quickly. Just keep practicing and eventually it will go away?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.