[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your rank? BJJ blue belt 1 stripe here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (22KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 383x383px
What's your rank?

BJJ blue belt 1 stripe here
>>
>>747483
2nd Sash Tai Chi

White belt Judo

White belt American Karate

3rd Dan Tai Shu Do "The Way of Ultimate Techniques" and in 1993 under Bob Yoder's Kung Fu Academy

Just started boxing, probably a purple belt in terms of skill
>>
>>747493
>Just started boxing
>Gauges his ability using belt color

Delete this
>>
>>747493

>Just started
>probably a purple belt

And that's why people make fun of you, Wu: The more you want to seem bad ass, the more ridiculous it looks.

Be modest, train hard and if you have actual results (not based on self-reporting, but on actual facts like "I had 5 fights and won 4 of them") you can speak up.

While I think it's great that you started Judo and Boxing, why so impatient? You should do what makes you happy and don't care so much about what other people think about you. Even if you were only training in Tai Chi people would respect you if you just stopped making stupid claims how you knocked down this or that guy and giving out semi-smart-ass advice all the time.

The key is talking about what you have actually experienced, not about some opinion out of your ass. And saying "I just started, but personally I think I'm the hot shit" is definately the latter one.
>>
>>747506
>>747517
Guys, pls stop falling for it
>>
Red belt in Krav Maga and brown belt in GJJ
>>
>>747483
>requiring acceptance in the form of a coloured belt.
grappling, not even once.

Do a real MA that will actually work in a real fight: Muay Thai.
>>
>>747562
1.MT, Boxing, and Wrestling
2. Everything else.
>>
>>747517
You sound pretty reasonable, dude.
>>
File: choke knock out.webm (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
choke knock out.webm
2MB, 500x281px
>>747483
Said this a bunch already but judo nidan is my official rank, and ive wrestle for quite sometime (HS wrestling coach)

next goal is getting my judo ref cert and possibly MMA ref cert.
>>
>>747562
why discount grappling?
>do a real martial art that will actually work in a real fight

Which is why most professional fighters that are successful in UFC and the like know both?

>BUT MUH KNEES AGAINST UR TAEKDOWNS

stay pleb.
>>
>>747600

God, Judo is legendary for it's bad referees..

He probably could have choked him for one more hour before the referee would have noticed that he went unconscious.

Please be a better referee, anon.
>>
4 stripe white belt in bjj, with about a year of scattered judo and garage grappling crap mixed in before.

Hoping to hit 250 hours of mat time in bjj by the end of the year.
>>
>>747695
>>
>>747696
fuck, I meant >>747697
>>
File: Ajarn-Chai-Sirisute-2[1].jpg (23KB, 480x313px) Image search: [Google]
Ajarn-Chai-Sirisute-2[1].jpg
23KB, 480x313px
>>747562
>implying the largest Thai Boxing organization in the world doesn't use color rankings

kek

As for me, I am a blue belt in BJJ. Probably get my purple in the next year or so. I'm decent at shooto/can wrestling as well. My stand up grappling game is starting to come a long a little.

As for Thai boxing, I don't really care about rank. I'm not particularly good, but I know and can apply the fundamentals.
>>
>>747483
I'll have my Blackbelt in WTF TKD half way though next year, i'm a red belt with three red stripes, I'm in between the last Kup and the First Dan and refered to as a probationary blackbelt

What martial art should i take up when i mopve to the city and actually have choices?

I am looking at doing two different ones, I think BJJ becasue of the grapling but i want a "fighting" one as well. MT, ITF style TKD something like that.
>>
>>747493
>people falling for this troll
>>
>>747562
>get a load of this cuck

hahahahaha, fuccn hell m7
>>
I'm much more of a no-gi guy, but I have my blue belt in gi. My no-gi game is much better than my gi game.
>>
White belt.

Started a few weeks ago.

Don't care about my belt rank.
>>
yellow belt in Judo. Been training for a year and 3 months, don't care about belt tests so never ask to take them and wait till teachers force me. I've been told that I should take my orange test soon, we'll see hehehHUEHEUH
>>
I'm an orange belt in Shobukan Karate, and I've been at it for about a year and two months. I kinda wanna pick up Aikido next semester too since my school offers it for free. I'd take it now, but it meets during one of my classes.
>>
>>754047
Was a brown belt in Shotty Karroty, started Muay Thai, realised how meaningless it was
>>
>>754086
Really? This is my first time on /asp/, I didn't know that. I'll look into other alternatives, though. Thanks anon!
>>
>>754200
np

Also instead of Aikido I'd advise Judo or BJJ. But I'm getting ahead of myself, do aiki if you feel like it
>>
>>747483
Between 1st Kup and 1st Degree, I am a probationary blackbelt, will get my first dan next year

I am going to change to another martial art. WTF TKD is a LOT of fun and great fitness, and the kicks are phenomenal, but I want something with more to it than kicks, something harder than the casual atmosphere of a TKD club. I think I know what martial art to take up but I don't think /asp/ has ever talked about it and it's a bit obscure... I want kicking, punching, grappling, and practical self defence and fighting with both hard and soft styles in one
>>
>>754253
If we probably don't know it, then enlighten us faggot.
Inb4 it's some hapkido or taekkyeon type shit.
>>
>>747483
Judo Orange belt here
>>
>>754426
Pretty much this.
>>
File: erik_20paulsen_20main.gif (230KB, 625x580px) Image search: [Google]
erik_20paulsen_20main.gif
230KB, 625x580px
Was a purple belt with a stripe ( fuck knows, think it was one kyu below brown) In Bujinkan karate, did a year or two of unenthusiastic muay thai, then stopped training entirely for ten years.

Started doing MMA classes twice a week three years back, and done a coupla Erik Paulson seminars, Feel like Anderson Silva sparring against a 2nd dan Karate guy.
>>
>>754457
Haha, Erik is great. Went to one of his seminars recently. It is important to have good coach.
>>
>>754467

Did he mention any weird shit like meditation/chakras/archangels/organites? Not to mention not rolling with people with "Bad Aura"?
>>
>>754486
Yes, of course he did. He always mentions crazy stuff. This year though it was pretty tame compared to other years. Didn't really lose any seminar time to crazy talk. He showed me the new design for his CSW rashguards that had a bunch of crazy pyramids and triangles based on that merkaba energy field stuff he always talks about. Looked pretty cool TBH. Although, I prefer the old plain rashguards. He didn't have any organite charms for sale this year.

His wife was telling me how when he was 37 a psychic told him that he was going to die when he was 40, so for like 2 years he wouldn't shut up and stop worrying about how he was going to die the next day.

We have a lot of people that go way back with him at our gym, so I've heard plenty of stories (and been to several of his seminars).
>>
>>754426
Oh, sorry, yeah it's Hapkido. Hapkido just seems like a great martial art with everything in it. TKD and Hapkido together seems like a great combination that builds on the physical flexibility needed for the kicks and is really an MMA that predates MMA
>>
>>754426
oh, and i didn't mean that your wouldn't know it, just that you think it's some hipster shit i only want to know because it's obscure. I think an obscureish martial art has the advantage of people who can fight not knowing how to counter the style. Like how TKD can be good in a street fight because 90% of people don't know how to take on a kicking opponent
>>
No belt but third rated boxer in Sweden in my weight class
>>
>>754619

>third rated boxer in Sweden in my weight class

Which includes 4 boxers?
>>
>>747697
Wtf
>>
Purple belt taekwondo/hapkido. Both suck

Blue belt kyokushinkai and goju ryu styles.

Day 2 of Brazilian jiujitsu

I also have some informal training in aikido and judo from high ranking practitioners but no consistent class attendants. They taught in conjunction with other classes and held seminars for the higher skilled students in karate.
>>
>>751363
Underrated post. Stay humble friend. Leaving your ego at the door is the best way to progress in all aspects. But never discredit yourself and know your skill.
>>
>>747660
It doesn't have to be MMA where the ref jumps in with his dick out straight up the fighters asshole but a little more reaction than just chucking a hand up casually after the winner says ''hey he's KO'd'' should be warranted
>>
>>747483
White Belt BJJ. Just started last week, but I did wrestling in High School. I know I have to break a lot of habits from wrestling, but how helpful will it be in the future?
>>
>>747483
Functioning adult who doesn't need to dress in silly uniforms nor suck sansei's cock for coloured belts.

You guys ever think of getting a life, or getting laid by anyone other than your sansei?
>>
White belt BJJ, been practicing thai boxing for 4 years
>>
Brown belt Kenpo Karate and Muay thai
>>
>>747483
Bjj Whitebelt
1 stripe
Judo White Belt
Wrestled for 2 years
>>
>>756014
I'm starting to care about it, in that I wanna become blue belt now.
>>
Belts are for holding up pants.
>>
Red belt (1st kub) Yongmudo Hakido
Training hard for the black belt test in a year
>>
>>758665
To be fair he asked rank not necessarily belt color (which in many martial arts denotes rank).
>>
Blue Belt in Shotokan Karate
First Degree Yellow belt in kodokan Judo
>>
>>754616
I always see Hapkido to Taekwondoin as Aikido is to Judoka. Not obscure, but overshadowed by the Olympic "equivalent", at least that's how the general public view them anyway.

Hapkido does seem to have everything in it at the start, however the more you progress, the more you will understand the lack of mobility Hapkido has compared to Taekwondo, something I can't train without. I've never tried practising them together, however, sounds interesting, good luck.
>>
>>747483
White belt Judoka and I've 3 years kickboxing experience
>>
>>757931
>but how helpful will it be in the future?

Quite helpful, being a white belt with 2 years wrestling you're already probably better at grappling than most of the white belts and maybe some blues or purples.
>>
Yellow belt in judo, but I couldn't give less of a fuck about gradings so I'm just doing them when my coach tells me to.

1st dan WTF TKD black belt, but TKD's absolute shit and I regret ever doing it.

I also do SCA Heavy, but belts mean a completely different thing in it.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.