[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boxing General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 33

File: Roman Gonzalez vs Rocky Fuentes.jpg (214KB, 1020x712px) Image search: [Google]
Roman Gonzalez vs Rocky Fuentes.jpg
214KB, 1020x712px
Questions, opinions, history, brotips and so on.

The old thread is archived. >>715627
>>
Anon living in glorious nippon here. There's a legit looking boxing place not to far from me. I haven't been inside but they have a full ring and a cut out of Ippo bolted on the outside of the building which is pretty faded, indicating to me they've been there for a while.

My two questions are:
>what's the quick and dirty of seeing if the trainers are good
>how much of an issue is my survival level nipponese going to be for training?

Done loads of kickboxing, a bit of mma, a bit of judo and a bit of bjj but this will be my first time for straight boxing.
>>
Should I bother with Makiwara training? I want my fists to not break if I ever got in a fight outside the ring bare knuckle. also I punch vertically if that helps
>>
Anyone got a PDF of Mike Tyson's Undisputed Truth?

Also any essential boxer documentaries? I watched the Beyond The Glory one of Roberto Durán and that was really good.
>>
>>733506
>what's the quick and dirty of seeing if the trainers are good
>how much of an issue is my survival level nipponese going to be for training?

Most good trainers are involved, experienced, and have a record of success with their pupils (competing in/winning tournaments).

The language barrier might be a problem, but depending on your definition of "survival level," you might know just enough that they can simplify their explanations to your level. Otherwise they'll most likely just show you.

The kickboxing and whatnot will help with your conditioning, but don't go in thinking that you know better and only do exercises you want to/the way you want to. You're there to learn, not show them what you already know.

>Should I bother with Makiwara training? I want my fists to not break if I ever got in a fight outside the ring bare knuckle. also I punch vertically if that helps

Heavy bag training does a lot of the same things in terms of toughening up the hands. To be honest no matter what you do, you're most likely going to break your hands if you hit the wrong part of a person.
>>
>>733531
>but don't go in thinking that you know better and only do exercises you want to/the way you want to
I don't. I have a bro who coached boxing in the US. I know the footwork is totally different.
>>
>>733508
interested as well

>>733539
Does kickbox teaches dodgin like box?
>>
>>733507
Look up results or evidence of makiwara nignogs hands after punching skulls.

I doubt there would be any difference at all besides deadened nerves
>>
>>733611
Some of the moves are the same, but you have to move differently because they can always kick you.

A bob and weave style like Tyson is really cool, but would be impossible in Kickboxing because he'd be eating leg shots all day.

There's still huge carry over though, and lots of guys have transferred from kickboxing to boxing and vice versa.
>>
>>733653
À propos bob and weave style mentioned by Dr. Goblin - if you're not in tip-top shape, you can forget about it. Too little bang for the buck.
Don't forget y'all that Tyson was a physical freak of nature.
>>
>>733690
Yea but imagine Tyson weaving towards Crocop's roundhouse. That's enough collission to create a knockout.
>>
list your current, who-beats-who heavyweight top 5 atm.

1. Klitschko
2. Povetkin
3. Pulev
4. Fury
5. Joshua
>>
>>733690
Yeah, but that's not an example, not the only one.

Floyd's stance wouldn't fly in kickboxing either. He's way too narrow, he'd eat kicks to the gut and back of the legs all day.

Generally speaking, in Kickboxing you have to work with a broader stance and less head movement. Also, in my experience, more sudden burst footwork than steady constants.
>>
thought this was a boxing general?
>>
>>733755
They're comparing Boxing to Kickboxing, no?
That's Boxing conversation, and then some.
>>
>>733716
Also, take a look at the difference in hooks between kick and boxing

A kick hook wouldn't land for shit in boxing because it's too open, a boxing hook would be weak compared to a kick hook.
>>
It seems like the jab isn't being used to its full potential by just using it to set up more powerful punches.

Though it's relatively effective in setting up larger punches, its usefulness doesn't end there.

The jab does damage, though they tend to do more damage when the user is wearing MMA gloves rather than boxing gloves, since MMA gloves are generally lighter and less padded than boxing gloves. The way that hands are wrapped in boxing also generally have more padding on the knuckles compared to MMA, which would protect the hands of a boxer more, but cause a lower amount of energy transference.

Though the damage that the jab does doesn't seem substantial compared to other punches, it's damage is still present. Accumulative damage from jabs can add up; multiple jabs to a single area can cause more damage than a single stronger punch. Jabs are also considerably affective when used on relatively venerable targets, such as the nose, eyes, temples, and jaw.

Jabs are relatively quicker than other (stronger) punches and jabs generally telegraph less than punches with more kinetic linking, so openings for jabs generally come up more frequently than for other punches.

Because of how jabs are considerably affective against venerable targets, can cause accumulative damage, and are generally quicker and less telegraphic than other punches, the jab is a useful technique to have on one's arsenal, and using the jab just to set up more powerful punches would not be using it to it's full potential and would limit one's self as a fighter.
>>
>>733716
Oh, my bad. I thought it's about boxing situation, not kickboxing.

>>733763
I'll quote Andre Ward: "Jab is a lost art".
I smile when people think that jab doesn't hurt. It hurts.
Look at Mayweather's weapon of choice for bigger opponents - a solid jab to the body, preferably to one's solar plexus. It's a tool which reveals someone's physical condition. Eat that god damn jab for a couple of rounds - we'll see, how you prepared for that fight.

Golovkin's stiff jab has beaten Salido's eyebrow area to the bloody pulp.
Boxers nowadays treat jab mostly as a sequence starter. Big mistake.

Look at the Michael Jai White's explanation and breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdPP0TmqKiU

This reminds me of a Winky Wright's jab.
>>
Any youtube channels/videos that teaches very well the basics?
>>
Valuev's jab was like a normals hw's straight rear, absolute beast of a shot.
>>
>>733786
Expertboxing has some good videos for the basics. JT Van V is another good one.
>>
>>733508
>Also any essential boxer documentaries?

Cuban Punch-Up The Boys who fought for Castro
>>
>>733786
I'd say Fran Sands is a good choice, if basics is what you are looking for.

>>733839
I should've linked it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAKoujtyPP4
>>
Will cycling improve my stamina or just running?
>>
>>733843
+ When We Were Kings.
>>
File: boxer-boxing-day-wallpaper.jpg (129KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
boxer-boxing-day-wallpaper.jpg
129KB, 600x800px
Need a head gear with face bar. Posted this in another thread but figured to post it here.
I think I've seen some dude at my gym with it and it looks huge.

Was thinking either getting a Ring to Cage one or a Rival one.

Ring to Cage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo5j3vuSuZY

Rival
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBnhWLneO8

The first one got a couple of good review from Sherdog.
>>
>>734099
Anything that works out your lungs and heart does the job mate
>>
>>734117
ders dah stamina of hiz muscles 2 doe
>>
wouldn't boxing be better without cherry picking and running?
>>
>>734116
Buy Winning, if you don't mind the price.
>>
>>734139
>wouldn't boxing be better without Mayweather?
>>
A friend and I have NO access to a boxing trainer. We both live out in the middle of no where Australia. I've just ordered some focus pads and gloves. We want to incorporate some boxing training with our weights routine.

Any resources on how to use the focus pads? Or just youtube that shit? Both of us have a little experience in other fighting styles - and my friend used to live around abo's so he's got plenty of experience fighting :P
>>
>>734160
Best you're getting is youtube and MAYBE expertboxing, but I'll be honest, without someone who knows what they're doing you're basically playing patty cake.
>>
>>734164
Yeah I agree. You guys need a coach. I did great doing bag work but when it came to sparring I looked like a complete novice.
>>
>>734160
Fuck the pads.
Just learn the basic strikes and defenses of boxing, get some technique down, then do some sparring.
And when you're sparring, remember your training.
>>
>>734164
Yeah, figured as much. It's mostly for cardio, but I'd still rather feel like I'm progressing a little outside of stamina.

A bit more speed, accuracy and some ability to slip would still be hugely beneficial in a street fight, I'm guessing. And I suppose moving around / following them.

>>734167
If it were possible I would. There's just no one in town who does it and not enough time in the day to travel to another town. It's why I figured some pads and then sparring would help a little.

>>734168
We've both got the basic punches down an can weave em into little combo's that aren't too clunky, and plan to spar as well as do some pad work.

I'd forgo the pads and only spar, but I know what we're like. It'll escalate and we're already beat up for lifting weights. Gotta try and limit that, haha.
>>
>>734172
>Yeah, figured as much. It's mostly for cardio, but I'd still rather feel like I'm progressing a little outside of stamina.
>A bit more speed, accuracy and some ability to slip would still be hugely beneficial in a street fight, I'm guessing. And I suppose moving around / following them.

Sparring is your best option for that.

>>I'd forgo the pads and only spar, but I know what we're like. It'll escalate and we're already beat up for lifting weights. Gotta try and limit that, haha.

Buy headgear and mouthguards, for one.

For two, try a couple of drills.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-sparring/boxing-sparring-for-beginners
http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-sparring/the-secret-fight-training-method-slow-sparring
>>
>>734176
Cheers man. I'll have a look at those links. Would you suggest only sparring? Or use pads for practicing full strength shots and sparring for everything else?

I've got a heavy bag, but it gets a bit dull hitting a mostly static object - even if it's a great workout.
>>
Anyone else get prune fingers and your skin peeling from being in sweaty gloves too long?
>>
>>734182
You're really supposed to be hitting the pads for technique and accuracy, not full on power. Though I will say that the pads provide far better feedback for whether or not your punches are thrown with proper technique than a heavy bag.

The problem is that unless you have an experienced coach, the mitt handler probably won't notice/be competent enough to provide accurate feedback.

Honestly though, if you're aware of your own limitations, I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead and buy the mitts, learn what you can, and use them to the best of your ability. I'm pretty sure you know that you won't be able to go into a boxing gym and start doing advanced mittwork because of your self-taught stuff.
>>
Ronda rousey at bantamweight vs Floyd may weather at welterweight

Who do you guys think wins? Personally rooting for Rhonda by submission. All flood does is run around, but when Ronda catches him it's game over right? She'll throw him and apply the kimura
>>
>>734335
Unless Rousey gets ahold of him, Mayweather's striking is too good. If Rousey gets ahold of him, I doubt Mayweather has the skills to counter/not get thrown/armbarred.
>>
>>734369
>>734335
>If Ronda gets ahold of him
>All floyd does is run

Have you dumb niggers ever watched Floyd fight? His entire game plan depends on clinching the opponent. That is throw city for Ronda.
>>
>>734417
>>734369
Tbh fam it was bait, but you reverse baited me. Fuck outta here, floyd will kick her ass. A better question would be Ronda vs a minimum weight top five boxer
>>
Anon who just recently started boxing with my buddies here. One of them boxed competitively for a long time and he's sorta showing us the ropes.

It's great. I grew up watching boxing and getting a few tips from my grandpa, and I had a heavy and speed bag when I was in high school, but this is the first time I've actually done full-contact sparring against moving opponents, at least in just boxing. It's way different than just smashing a bag, and the endorphins and the soreness make for a great combo.

Is there any advice you guys could give to a really little guy (even being in shape, ~110 pounds) who just moves constantly in a fight? I've noticed and had it pointed out to me that I tend to just endlessly circle people when I box, and I'm a natural toe-walker who just bounces around a lot. Most of the guys I do this with are way taller and heavier than me, and I spend a lot of time just circling and ducking and bobbing and dodging shit.

It's not like I'm afraid to take a hit, but I really spend more time reacting to stuff and positioning myself and bouncing around than I do hitting, which is way weird because all the training and drills I've done have been for work with my hands. My legs are sore as fuck from actually boxing people, which is weird because my body and my face and my hands are taking all the hits.

Basically, what kind of drills could I do to improve at dancing around in the ring? I already do the shadowboxing and hand work and bag stuff, and I have my punching form pretty much down, but I feel like it'd play more to my strengths to learn how to move around better.
>>
>>734447
basic movement is moving right - right foot first then slide left foot, and same for other, always should be able to fit another shoe between your two feet if you get what I mean. and just have a constant transfer of weight on your toes so you are always balanced to throw shots.
>>
>>734447
>My legs are sore as fuck from actually boxing people
Same here, I tend to move a lot, but I think that frequent movement is a good thing (generally speaking) and that good cardio, endurance, and strength make up for the extra use of energy.
>>
>>734417
No, he chooses to win fights that way because it means relatively little real work for him and a safe victory (along with all the other conditions he sets that push the advantage in his favor). Mayweather is still a tremendous boxer and can work at a high level WHEN HE WANTS TO. Rousey is, at best, a solid-good puncher by boxing standards with her limited experience and is easily no match for Mayweather's footwork, hand speed, and timing in a fist fight. He would most likely TRY to keep away and use his nearly half a foot of longer reach and superior punching strength to keep her at bay. If she closed that gap, then yeah, it's her game.
>>
>>734447
Jump rope like a motherfucker.

When you're tired of jump roping, jump rope some more.
>>
File: o0n5F.png (398KB, 920x654px) Image search: [Google]
o0n5F.png
398KB, 920x654px
>>734490

Not him but I began boxing and can't do more than 10 jumps (when I'm lucky) it's hard to find the rythm.
>>
>>734501
Neither could I when I first started. My jump rope was embarrassing to watch when I first started and I hated doing it, so I tried to only focus on alternatives (roadwork and Ali shuffles, mainly). When I realized that my sloppy footwork was heavily contributing to me getting punched in the face/swarmed far too easily, I started jump roping seriously. The only thing I can suggest is keep at it.

First you need to make sure it's the right size, if you put your foot on the center, the handles should come up to your arm pits.

Second, slow down and take your reps slower so you can build on a rhythm.

Third, if you screw up, take a deep breath and start again.

Fourth, set a goal. I have a friend who is still getting used to it, so she tries to get to 20 reps. Another friend is a little further ahead and, despite having been in boxing longer than me, has become very jealous of my progress. His goal right now is to consistently hit 50 reps. If you're struggling with 20 reps, then just work on it for 15-20 minutes. Eventually you'll muscle memory will build up and you'll get used to it, similar to the speed bag.
>>
>>734148
Damn that's expensive. Looks great but way too much for me. I ordered the ring to cage one it was 70 for the white one. I'll post back when I get it.
>>
>>734490
>>734533
Jump rope I could do. That actually seems like a good idea for getting footwork and the ability to bounce around and stay on-balance down.
>>
File: 1408307589679.jpg (156KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1408307589679.jpg
156KB, 1600x1067px
hey /asp/. I'm starting boxing next week as a beginner, i'm that typical skinny fuck with 0 experience in martial arts. Is there something i should know before hitting the gym?
>>
>>734623
Work on cardio. Start running or get a jump rope.
>>
>>734623
>>734673
This. It's pretty hard to fuck up conditioning, and it's way more important than you think. Trying to learn form or technique without someone showing you how, though, can genuinely mess you up, either through injuring yourself, or making a bad foundation.
>>
>>734673
>>734702
thanks for the tip. i think i'll get a jump rope
>>
>>734533

Thanks m8
>>
>>733503
GREETING BITCHMITTEN ENTHEUSIASTS!

I kid i kid

so, looks like i'll be starting boxing soon. help me pick which place to do it at

http://www.samcolonnaboxing.com/memberships.html

This guy is the biggest name in chicago's boxing scene, from what i heard from my kick guy

http://bodyshotboxingclub.com/coachramos.html

This guy came highly recomended from my former kick trainer

http://www.gspgym.com/
Just know about this place cause i asked a guy. They have fighters, so i know it's not boxersize

It was hard to choose between boxing and judo, but i decided work comes before pleasure, and as fun as judo would be, it'll always be there, but i need my boxing chops ASAP

also i'm totes going to be gymsurfing till then
>>
>>734892

Go to each one on a different day, let them know you're looking for a boxing gym and weighing your options. Stick with the one you like best.
>>
>>734902
mm

i was thinking of bodyshot because TKD is all about bodyshots, and getting my opponents to block their body low seems like a good way to open them up for the headkick to finish shit off

also was gonna look at some stupid krotty places too
>>
>>734533
what do you mean by reps? 5*3 minutes is what I do every day.
>>
>>735823
I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere by doing rounds, so I started setting "rep" goals for myself.

First I started trying to skip 50 times consecutively, then 100, then 100 with a different foot movement, etc etc, then I'd do it until I reached that number and call that a "set."

I still can't do anything fancy, but my jump rope speed and coordination has increased tremendously and I've started just jump roping until I get tired.
>>
>>734906
>TKD is all about bodyshots
Are you delusional?
>>
Is there anyone here who has actually trained for a while and had multiple fights?
>>
>>734892
Fuck off your autistic faggot
>>
>>736722
>punches are allowed
>But not to the head

...so i suppose you think TKD is about punching people in the kneecap then?
>>
>>736577
wouldn't even be able to count how many rotations I do tbh, I always do different things in each set like, running fast every 20 seconds for 10 seconds, or doing crossovers, stepups, shuffles etc..
>>
>>737155
Are you the one asking for help? Because the strategy was meant as a tool to get me to where the number of rotations was secondary to the ability to jump rope for longer periods of time than, say, ten-fifteen skips.

Apparently I'm finally there now, because I couldn't run today (foot injury) so I jumped rope for fifteen minutes instead.

Still no awesome conditioning tricks, though =[
>>
>>737158
nah I wasn't asking for help, just never heard of anyone counting their rotations before, w.e works I guess. Personally been boxing for years but have never been in any decent shape, my endurance is alright though.
>>
Alright /asp/ once and for all who won Thomas Hearns vs Sugar Ray Leonard II? No matter how many times I see it I give the edge to The Hitman, what about you guys?
>>
>>733771

I completely agree, the jab is horrendously under utilized in all todays fighting sports.

For boxing it can do just about everything you want to do to a guy, want to keep him outside? Stiff jabs will stop his movement and make him think twice about coming in with abandon. Want to stop a mover? A stiff jab to the chest will stop most guys for a second or so. It really can be so much more than setting up big punches, but it can even set up bigger punches in ways that most people don't think of. For most fighters its "throw a pitter pat jab out there to distract them and then use that opportunity to hammer a right" or something similar. If you're throwing a decent, stiff jab and its hitting them a lot, its going to have their attention as much as any power punch. Suddenly you have them thinking about so much more, you can feint the jab and get a guy to really react to it because its not fun to get hit with stiff jabs.

I mean really, the jab can do so much its almost ridiculous, and yet so many fighters abandon it today.
>>
>>737818
+1.

I'll add one more thing - do you know the secret tool of masterful boxers?

They've mastered the basics. Fundamentals.

MASTERED - not a mere proficiency, not on a good level. Mastery.

Footwork (economical, minimalist - like Gonzalez's or Louis' one) -> jab (all fucking kinds and choosing them for according opponents) -> rhythm control and accuracy (Golovkin) -> defence under pressure (not only a shoulder roll, anons. Think about Holyfield - or watch him. This is a very good example of that shit. All kinds of defence maneuvers).

Those are the basics, at least for me.
>>
>>737820
obviously mate
>>
How do I improve my movement around the bag? My coach says my punches are pretty solid and I use good form but I'm pretty much stood on the spot. I've been doing some step jabs but everyone else seems to glide around the bag easily.
>>
Given Im a complete begginer looking to throw a few punches at a bag everynight, what weight of bag should I look for? Im about 150lbs, my gf is also interested in using it. I've got basic training regarding hitting tehnique just to calm you down. Does it have to be particuarly heavy or should I aim for something lighter?
>>
File: 1442819229511.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1442819229511.gif
4MB, 320x240px
Was Mike actually bad and only fought bad opponents? I've heard people say on here when he faced quality fighters like Holyfield and Douglas he got fucked up.
>>
>>738287
He wasn't bad, he was overrated. You don't become world champion by being bad. People who claim he was the best heavyweight of all time, though, are feeding into the hype.

>>738212
How long have you been boxing? For the first few weeks you're going to spend a lot of time working on punching form. Start actively trying to move around the bag between punches and thinking about slipping/pivoting after combos.

>>738267
Well, the heavier it is, the less it will swing. On the other hand, it will also cause it to put more strain on your ceiling joists, so you have to be careful (unless you have a bag stand, but then you need to know the weight requirements for that). Your best bet is to stay in the 60-80 pound range and, if necessary, buy a counterweight you can attach to the bottom (if you get a bag with that feature).
>>
Hello guys, I have just one question, im deciding between taking a kickingboxing or boxing class along with my bjj class, both are roughtly the same quality, but I do not know the pros and cons either.
Which one would you suggest?
>>
Wilder fight tonight, and Charles Martin.
>>
>>738306
>You don't become world champion by being bad.

There are lots of bad world champions. Belts are literally gifted to cans because politics.
>>
>>738306
>People who claim he was the best heavyweight of all time, though, are feeding into the hype.
Who was the best heavyweight then?
>>
>>738387
Why are you asking a shitty anonymous imageboard with biased, uneducated opinions?

Why don't you look up one of the many lists that have been made by actual boxing historians who know the sport inside and out?
>>
>>738389
Even that doesn't always give an accurate depiction. There are so many lists that add Tyson on as #10 just for pandering purposes.
>>
>>738385
I understand that boxing's a pretty crooked sport, but unless the fight is actually fixed or the boxer was rewarded a vacant title, then I find it pretty hard to believe that a world champion is "bad." He/she might not have deserved it, and there were probably others more talented/better than him/her that should have held the belt/been given a shot, but in a sport that's about hitting the other guy more often than he hits you, it's really hard to be "bad."
>>
>>738407
When you define a word like "bad" you have to look at the context it's being used in. We're talking world champion tier here and it's very easy to be a bad world champion.

If you actually keep up with boxing, whcih I seriously doubt you do, just look at all the belts held in each weight division and tell me that on a world level that they're all great fighters. You fucking can't.
>>
>>738409
Fair enough. Given that world title holders get to pick and choose their opponents, it makes sense that once they get to the top of the mountain, either through a favorable matchup or otherwise, they can continue taking the champion's advantage in choosing their opponents.

I don't actively keep up with the professional boxing scene, though I recently did start boxing, so my exact knowledge of what each boxer is capable of is still limited. However, I still don't understand how a "bad" (even at the world level) boxer could become champion without the fight being fixed. If a boxer is "bad," how does he become champion, especially since the incumbent has the choice of who he fights and can actively avoid unfavorable matchups?

I mean, the talent pool hasn't dried up that much, has it? There are still enough competitors at most levels that someone who is legitimately no good can come up to the world level?

If we're going to continue asserting what would be "world level" skill, are we saying within the current era or are we talking about as a whole? Because if there are 10 boxers who are legitimate contenders for, say, the lightweight title, how would a "bad" boxer be able to take advantage of that situation? He can't really control how good the other boxers are, so if he dominates in a weak division, does that make him "bad" too or what?

I'm not trying to be contentious, I'm legitimately curious how the culture works.
>>
>>738415
I'm a huge boxing fan but I also think I'm pretty subjective at analyzing fighters, places like this have a tendency to call decent fighters bums etc.. I personally think calling any boxer "bad" or a "bum" is pretty disrespectful and not something I'd do but this is 4chan I guess. Anyone who gets through the ropes to entertain whilst putting their health on the line deserves respect.
Boxing is full of levels and some guys can look great against lower level fighters but just never make the step up to world level, earlier tonight there was a fight for the WBA super-middleweight regular belt (which is a new thing and not really regarded as a world title by most) between Buglioni and Chudinov, Buglioni was outclassed completely but it was a great fight. And Chudinov has probably reached his level, Abraham etc.. seem too much for his basic but hugely efficient style.
I think you can compare skill with other recent eras, heavyweight for instance I would say only Klitschko is world class comparitavley. People maybe go on about who had the harder divisions, obviously the era Ali was in was the best and hardest divsion so some might say this makes him the greatest, but I honestly think I'd back prime Tyson against him, whereas not Hollyfield, styles make fights though.
Scrambled thoughts but w.e, ask me some fighters and I'll give analysis if you like.
>>
>>738421
I'll be honest I'm not too worried about who's who in the boxing scene right now unless I'm trying to emulate their tricks. I'm in my late 20s and I'm boxing because it's something I've wanted to do since I was a teenager but never had the time, money, or courage to do it. If I can discipline myself down about 20 pounds I want to see if I can compete at the amateur level at least once, then I'll be done with it as anything more than a hobby.

The only modern boxer that I'm really aware of that falls out of the regular suspects (Mayweather, Pacquiao, Khan, Klitchskos, etc) is Deontay Wilder, and that's because a buddy of mine who goes to the same gym as me hates him.

I kind of figured it was a subjective judgement, and it makes sense to say that so and so is a "bad champion" compared to another era (Mike Tyson was a bad champion because he won it in an era where most heavyweights were mediocre and didn't stand out, etc etc), but if we're just subjectively looking at a boxer and his relative ability, that's where I get confused.
>>
>>738415
>If we're going to continue asserting what would be "world level" skill, are we saying within the current era or are we talking about as a whole?

We're going to go buy the skill level of that division in the current era. Need to since the level of opposition changes greatly between divisions.

There are many ways a fighter can get a world title they don't really deserve and keep it. One being a powerful promoter. Right now the welterweight division is stacked where the top 14 or 15 guys all have a shot at being a world champion. However most of those fighters are owned by Al Haymon who protects his fighters and because of that we almost never see any of the top 15 welterweights fight each other, this makes belts in that division pointless for anything other than generation PPV revenue with casuals. the boxing world often times considers a a fighter other than the lineal champion as the greatest fighter in that division simply because the best fighter is often unable to get a fight against a protected fighter. this is the case right now at LHW where Kovalev is considered the best while Stevenson holds the lineal title.

Theres also sanctioning body rules that allow a champion from one weight class to move to another weightless and bypass all contenders and mandatories for an instant shot at a title.
>>
>>738426
>However most of those fighters are owned by Al Haymon who protects his fighters and because of that we almost never see any of the top 15 welterweights fight each other, this makes belts in that division pointless for anything other than generation PPV revenue with casuals. the boxing world often times considers a a fighter other than the lineal champion as the greatest fighter in that division simply because the best fighter is often unable to get a fight against a protected fighter. this is the case right now at LHW where Kovalev is considered the best while Stevenson holds the lineal title.

Ok, that makes a ton of sense. How exactly do the rankings work, then? Let's say Al owns 9 of the top 15 fighters, how did they get that high in the rankings? How can someone say that boxer rank 6 (owned by Al) is actually better than boxer rank 7 (also owned by Al) but worse than boxer rank 5 (also owned by Al)? I thought you had to beat higher-ranked fighters to increase your rank in boxing.

>Theres also sanctioning body rules that allow a champion from one weight class to move to another weightless and bypass all contenders and mandatories for an instant shot at a title.

Well, if he wins, doesn't that make him the best in that weight class until a challenger beats him?

Again, I'm not trying to be contentious. Thanks for the informative feedback!
>>
>>738425
People consider Mike Tyson a bad champion because he was only 25 years old when he stepped up in class and started losing. It's common knowledge that era's and available opponents make legends. This is very important when looking at Tyson specifically as it bites him in the ass more than anyone. People set here and say he could hold his own in any era despite the fact that he had the chance. Tyson only claim to fame was becoming the youngest Heavyweight champion in history. That record, naturally, was a product of his time and era. It doesn't speak any for his place as an ATG. What does is his competition and Tyson was born into an era with all the competition he needed to cement himself as an ATG. Tyson failed miserably to beat any of the great HW's of his time in Lewis, Holyfield, and Bow.

In fact Tyson only has 2 half decent wins against two guys who barely make it in the top 10 HW's of the 90's in Bruno and Ruddock.
>>
>>738425
Wilder is a bit of a character, he is world champ but no one would call him it, just the WBC belt I think. He is fighting tonight. I wouldn't say it's subjective, but it shouldn't matter what era they fought in when ranking atg's, but let me ask you if you were forced to put money on each of these fights if both were in prime who would you put it on?
Tyson v Ali
Tyson v V Klitscko
Ali v Louis
Marciano v Foreman
Frazier v Lewis
>>
>>738433
There are tons of different rankings and they mostly work by points assigned for wins, who holds the other belts and a few other things, I think Boxrec's rankings while unnoficial are probably the most accurate.
>>
>>738433
>>738433
Ranking are determined by the sanctioning bodies and each body has their own ranking. You can't put too much thought into the ranking as most of the time they're a load of bullshit.

For example, James Kirkland, who was Canelo's last opponent, was bumped up aorund 10 rankings up to number two or 3 by WBC simply to make the fight look better than it actually was.

>Well, if he wins, doesn't that make him the best in that weight class until a challenger beats him?
No, Theres 4 world titles in each division. The lineal title is what tells people who the best in the division is. Usually it's accurate, but as we see in the LHW division right now it can be wrong.

When a champion moves to another class to fight for that classes belt their current belt becomes vacated. It's up to the sanctioning body to choose which fighters get to fight for that belt. Rarely are those fighters the next two highest ranked fighters in the division. This happened recently with Mayweathers vacated WBO belt in which Vargas and Bradley fight for it. While Bradley is a top fighter in the division, Vargas is not and neither really deserved the shot at a title.
>>
>>738439
Ali
Both Klitschkos
Ali
Foreman by a complete blowout
Lewis
>>
>>738436
I'm very aware Tyson was not one of the ATGs ever for pretty much the exact reasons you gave. I think most people want to give him the benefit of the doubt by saying "if Cus had lived longer . . ." It's well known (as you made abundantly clear) that when he was challenged by anyone that wasn't intimidated by his reputation and who could out box him, he was soundly defeated. That alone eliminates him from any ATG list.

>>738439
Again, I'm not hugely knowledgeable in styles nor the technical aspect since I'm still learning, but here goes:

>>Tyson v Ali

Ali, hands down. He was not afraid of aggression and had the technical expertise and speed to neutralize Tyson.

>>Tyson v V Klitscko

Same as vs Ali.

>>Ali v Louis

Honestly I don't know much about Joe Louis other than him being a highly celebrated heavyweight. I would take a guess though that since boxing evolved quite a bit between those two (as I understand it, the idea of finesse with defense became more prominent after Louis' time) that Ali would have the advantage.

>>Marciano v Foreman

I love Marciano, but from what I know Foreman ate guys like him alive (someone who charges in and tries to slug away). Isn't that how he beat Frazier?

>>Frazier v Lewis

I feel stupid for having to ask this, but are you asking about Lennox Lewis or Joe Lewis? If I remember right, Lennox was a technical genius, but otherwise I don't know much else about him and I have no clue who would win between Frazier and Louis, but I would love to see it happen.

>>No, Theres 4 world titles in each division.

I always found that stupid. It makes winning a belt almost meaningless when there's three others that also claim to be the world champion.

Thanks again for all of the feedback!
>>
>>734197
My finger tips are semi peeling all the time breh
>>
>>738494
Lennox Lewis.

Joe Louis is spelled differently.

Frazier vs Lewis is probably the most competitive of that list other than maybe Vitali vs Tyson.

Foreman vs Marciano is a mismatch because the HW division was smaller in Marciano's time. Marciano was 188 lbs and if he were fighting today he would probably drain to LHW or bulk and set in cruiserweight.
>>
>>738497
>Lennox Lewis.
>Joe Louis is spelled differently.

That's what I figured. Did some reading on him just now out of curiosity and I wasn't that far off with my description. I'd still love to see that fight.

>Marciano was 188 lbs and if he were fighting today he would probably drain to LHW or bulk and set in cruiserweight.

Yeah if I recall right Marciano had ridiculously short reach for a heavyweight but hit like a shotgun blast. Foreman was pretty much a bear that would maul people if they got too close (which if I understand right is how he beat Frazier). I need to watch more historical boxing matches to get a better appreciation of the sport.
>>
i really hope The Klit gets a chance to fuck Wilder
>>
Opinions on Dillon "Big Country" Carman?
>>
>>738513
wilder looked so flawed this past weekend. klitchko owns him
>>
>>738513
He won't. WBC forcing Povetkin mandatory, looking forward to Klit Pov 2 tbh
>>
I respect Peter Fury like a motherfucker. Proper man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnIhPVQilOc
>>
Hey guys, broke the skin of my heavy bag for the first time, got a 3" or so tear in the surface.

Any tips on how to repair it, or is it enough to just wrap it in ductape?

Pic related, the bag.
>>
>>734335
Don't you understand? If they fight UFC rules, it's an octagonal ring! No corners! Floyd can run forever and Rousey's fucked! Also Floyd's been sparring women Rousey's weight for his entire life, so he's pretty well prepared.
>>
>>740019

Ductape will be fine for the nex couple of years :)
>>
>>740026

Cheers man.
>>
Beautiful footage of Mike Tyson's headgearless sparring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtoESMg3VUA
>>
>>740025
Not prepared against a grappler who could kickbox though
>>
File: not from the clinch.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
not from the clinch.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>733503

Why is Mayweather so damn underrated?
>>
>>740885
>never had a fight of the year
>never unified a single division
>spent his entire career not fighting the highest ranked opponent in his division
>>
>>740892
>Implying Mayweather didn't call of his jail sentence to fight pacquaio
>Arturo Gatti
>Who cares
>>
>>740025
kek'd.
>>
Can't believe Matthysse lost to that chump, the only thing Postol has is a jab
>>
>>737818
Do you mean Rosado? As I recall, Golovkin never fought Salido. Holy shit though, Golovkin's jab is a fucking bomb.
>>
After long hook, my wrist started hurting. Can't bend it too far or whatever, and cant go with horizontal-palm hook for better reach. Trainer said I just punched wrong, but I punched same as he was. I feel comfortable with vertical hook, but it's best at close distance, I dont know if i can bend wrist for longer reach, or is it bad. Please help, cant find info for proper technique
>>
>>741505
Postol is normally a proper fucking middleweight, but I have to admit that Roach's gameplan was perfect.

>>741598
I like Gabriel, he has a heart and dignity. Taking that kind of beating as well as admitting after the fight Golovkin was a better one had proven this.
But Gennady's rhythm changing and Tarver-esque timing completely destroyed him.
>>
How do I not drag my feet when moving in and out without literally jumping in and out? I know to keep on my toes but when i need to move in i end up jumping way too high
>>
>>741954
Jump forward, not up. Keep practicing. Most people make the mistake of jumping up to go forward when you should be exploding off your back foot to "jump" forward and exploding off your front foot to move backward. It's something you have to practice a bit until it's comfortable.
>>
>>733503
So Triple GGG is getting PPV

Is he that well known to sell PPVs?
>>
File: boxing-blackwell-ryder_3309965.jpg (55KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
boxing-blackwell-ryder_3309965.jpg
55KB, 768x432px
Hey guys, I want to get into boxing. There's no gym nearby so I can't really start until I either get driving or go to uni (next year). Either way it's gonna be a few months at least before I can actually try it out.
In the mean time I want to get prepared. I'm poor so I can't get equipment like shoes/gloves/bags either, the only the thing I have really is a skipping rope.

I've been on good nutrition and working out for a few months now (currently 6' 158lb/72kg, 18yr/o) and my current routine is basically as follows.
I exercise everyday alternating between 'strength' and 'fitness'. For the strength days I do reddit's recommended body weight routine and on the 'fitness' days I basically alternate (on these days) between long distance jogging and HIIT (sprints) with a skipping/jump rope warm-up and warm-down. I also eat pretty damn well at a calorie surplus. One problem I am having is sore lower legs after I go for a long run or do a lot of skipping, i'm not sure if this is shin splints, I hope its not a stress fracture as I broke my leg in the same place 3 years ago.

reddits routine: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

I really am wondering if you guys can help me with some specific goals/ideas or tips, and things like times to aim for for my long distance runs and sprints. just any ideas really to help me out
>>
>>745968
>One problem I am having is sore lower legs after I go for a long run or do a lot of skipping, i'm not sure if this is shin splints, I hope its not a stress fracture as I broke my leg in the same place 3 years ago.
Could be scar tissue, idk, visit a free clinic or something.

Learn jab and cross technique, actually learn it, not messed up form. Just don't be a stupid idiot, and you should be fine.
Then, learn the cross.
After that, footwork and stance, maybe learn stance first.
Then, you can shadowbox.
Even if you were being a stupid idiot and fucked up somewhere, you'll get better once you hit a gym.
Just don't be a stupid idiot, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>733694
1. Cung Le
2. Ji Xiao
3. Vitaly Klitschko
4. Heihachi Haruna
5. Kizima Miyaki
>>
got punched in the face for the first time today. jaw hurts. I suck at boxing when is get better?
>>
>>745982
it takes time.
>>
There are 3 fights I'm very excited for in the next couple months. Here are my predictions.

Golovokin vs Lemieux. Lemieux
Canelo vs Cotto. Canelo
Thurman vs Porter. Thurman

For fun, Andre Ward or Kovalev?
>>
>>745982
When you keep working at it and sharpen your skills
>>
>>745989
>There are 3 fights I'm very excited for in the next couple months.
>doesn't list Chocolatito
>doesn't list Lomachenko

shame on you.
>>
>>746110
They're very good and I like them both, but no hype :(
>>
>>746118
fair enough, the matchups aren't exactly intriguing. Still a joy to watch them.

Also, this board is so fucking slow. I visited a long time ago and posted this >>733839, totally forgot about it, and now stumbled upon it weeks later.
>>
>>746119
I find them interesting for various reasons.

Ggg has had trouble with pressure inside fighters which is exactly what lemieux is.

Canelo can shut down cotto, but cotto has shown improvement under roach especially against Martinez. It could end up being a war.

Thurman has alot of potential and proving he is better than porter will keep him on the right track to fight all the big names. This fight should be a war
>>
>>746169
Terence Crawford vs Mikey Garcia is a good one too.
>>
>>738287
Skill, technique, and athleticism wise, he's one of the most best that will ever be, and in his prime would be extremely dangerous vs any other name. It was his heart and mental focus that failed him, along with his toxic Relationship with Don King.

>>738387
Ali or Louis.
>>
File: 1444703968908.png (3MB, 1719x957px) Image search: [Google]
1444703968908.png
3MB, 1719x957px
>>733503
I want to teach my self.

Ya'll have manuals?
>>
>>747024
Read Jack Dempsey's books
>>
>>747024
>Ya'll have manuals?
>get good learning material
>get good mirror
>get eyes checked
>get sparring partner
>have oral sex
>>
>>747062
sweet baby cakes are ya'll expanded /fit/ with fighting?

/fit/ is
> read the sticky
>brojays (no homo)
>>
>>747024

This >>747045

+ "Boxing" by Edwin Hainslet.
>>
How do I become more explosive at boxing and marital arts in general?
>inb4 pipebomb
>>
>>747024
You won't get far without a coach.
>>
how similar is boxing and (full contact) kickboxing footwork? i'm a boxer and im told i have good footwork, so im curious if that will be any help , as i want to try kickboxing
>>
>>747695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8-YulptIhc

Kicks to the legs aren't allowed in American Kickboxing (full contact kickboxing).
>>
>>747112
There're these things called "fast-twitch muscles", you should look in to how to exercise them.
>>
>>747024
>>747062
>>747082
Can confirm, blowjobs are the way to go.
>>
>>747727
>guy in red throwing chain punches
>>
How many PPV buys?

I say 200K

Just too little advertised and GGG had been kept underwraps for too long
>>
>>734447
my legs used to hurt alot. Im not sure if its pseudo-science or not but i was given a pair of those compression pants that seemed to help. Other than that just work the legs man, either jumprope or sprints or running etc.
>>
>>741800
same thing happened to me mate. I just tried to keep it easy and avoided horizontal hooks. Since then i only hook vertically, and it doesnt hurt as my wrist doesnt bend

As soon as it has healed completely, try some wrist pushups, some people say they help
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaPOzUD5DIs
This Fight was the best i've seen Live in a long time.

Did you watch it yesterday? Who do you think should have won? what do you think about Feigenbutz?
>>
>>747765
>200k

This is HBO not PBC
>>
anybody know of any good matches to watch and analyze?

Im a southpaw. id like to learn how southpaws fight. preferably heavyweight with a long reach

ive been through the basics. but now ive gotten to a point where id like to see examples of what to do
>>
>>748234
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgHmNcBIX48
>>
>>748234
There haven't been too many good heavyweight southpaws, but I remember when Sanders destroyed Klitschko
>>
>>748242
huh. never realized lyoto machida was a lefty.

will definately look into.

thanks.

anybody else i should look into?

just somebody who is technically sound, with whom i can learn basic tricks off of.

i am quite beginner at the moment, and im not even going to try to emulate their style, but i would like to watch some fighters just to get a feel of what im meant to be doing
>>
>>748267
I assumed that the video was a kickboxing video but it turns out that it was an MMA fight.
>>
>>748268
me too. i thought it said k1.

oh well.

id still like some technical southpaw boxers with footage of fights. they dont have to be alive right now, but just some material to look at.
>>
The recent AIBA tournament had some of the best matches I have ever seen.

There are constant punches in the fight at 1:09:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRWHcdgW_Tg
>>
>>747939
the feigenbutz vs carolis fight was a disgrace imo. definitely fixed
>>
>>748998
The decision was pretty obviously fixed, but the fight was tun Tod watch.
>>
>>749279
Only on carolis' part. He fought bravely.
but Vincent has nothing else for him going besides his Power.
I hope He gets his world championship fight he wanted so bad and gets demolished. The way he acted directly after the fight was disrespecrful and cringeworthy.
>>
File: 3423.png (53KB, 200x187px) Image search: [Google]
3423.png
53KB, 200x187px
is a gym only as good as who you spar with? theres this gym thats legit- you spar quickly into it, it's not a fitness place (which they stress right away, much to my excitement), but this other guy who boxed there (he know boxes in a more competitive place) said the guys there arent too great at boxing. its decent, sure, "good beginner place" he said, but it doesnt look like something too long-term.

im going to go probably Sunday and start my boxing journey, but are there any other thoughts on this? i assume i shouldnt just avoid it completely because of the mediocre sparring.
>>
>>749506
to be clear, its of course a good fitness place but you learn how to box first and foremost. the fitness is secondary, i think we all know what type of places im talking about- the ones you dont learn how to box, just how to get in shape. this is not that, but even then i guess the boxers aint too great.

$100 cover charge then $45 a month, its close and probably the best option in the area even skill-wise that isnt in the city (Chicago)
>>
>>749506
What's the name of the gym?

The prices seem fair enough, it's about what I pay and the gym I'm going to has produced golden gloves state champions and contenders.

I would argue that the quality of the coaches matters just as much. If they're still training competitors, are actively teaching, and are encouraging growth rather than just yelling at their guys, you're probably at a good place.
>>
>>749506
>>749507
Keep in mind that being in shape is a fundamental part of Boxing.
It's close, it's cheap, and it's good to get you started.
I'd say go for it and consider leaving when you think you're not improving anymore because of the gym (because of the gym, not because of yourself; some people like to deny that they have any role in their failures and or lack of ability).
>>
How big is the chance to break my nose during a match or boxing? Either against opponents my size, or bigger ones? Did it ever happen to anyone here?
This is literally the only thing that scares me, related to boxing.
>>
>>750404
Did you see Rory Mcdonald vs Robbie Lawler?
The kid got his nose fucked after a few jabs.
>>
>>750404
You need to roll your defense against his attack with an emphasis on your head movement and footwork modifiers.
>>
>>750406
Is this a special case, or does this happen regularly?
And how hard is it to fix your nose back to its shape?
>>
>>733503
>'Just over' 150,000 pay-per-view buys for Golovkin-Lemieux bout

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/13950570/gennady-golovkin-david-lemieux-bout-generates-150000-pay-per-view-buys

Is boxing dead?
>>
File: hqdefault2[1].jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault2[1].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
I need some recommendations for training music

So far I just listen to Clipse, anyone got any ideas?

>>748275
Marvin Hagler
>>
>>750783
Rocky theme and the songs by Survivor
>>
File: rory-macdonald-nose.jpg (221KB, 1800x536px) Image search: [Google]
rory-macdonald-nose.jpg
221KB, 1800x536px
>>750408
>Is this a special case, or does this happen regularly?
Broken noses are common.

>And how hard is it to fix your nose back to its shape?
Depends on the severity, I think Rory MacDonald just got his nose packed, maybe realigned a little, and that's it.

Even if it gets really jacked up, medical practice is advanced enough to get you back to shape with some surgery.
>>
File: broken nose ufc 189.gif (1MB, 194x130px) Image search: [Google]
broken nose ufc 189.gif
1MB, 194x130px
>>750406
>>750408
>>750799
>>
>>733503
I have two questions

I've been practicing slips like crazy but I can't get them right. If I do it fast coach says that I am going to get knocked out because I am looking to the ground. But if I do it with my head facing front I am slower (Notice that is the slip where you go from one side to the other. Not a native speaker so I don't know how you call it).

How do I get better at this?

Second. We train blocking jabs with the palm of the hand and I heard that this is "Old school boxing" Any info on this?
>>
>>750809
http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-techniques/defense-techniques/back-hand-guard-technique
>>
>>750783

Jazz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSXk0fWCN8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4AQceOzhdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGtRrpg5GAU

Other Jazz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01gzVYDV5B8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmTeoKrer0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWIjHBlq5I

Hip Hop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThX6n0Wxnf0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1tz0HG6y28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbpVd3twxE0

Jazz Hip Hop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNaBNvxNJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB092JuK--o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCZs1P4ZOJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgP8qHEvcFg

Swing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I36lo4zQZHU

Other:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_YtklLyyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUBVPckOr2U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZylKrhZL7iU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMj1VL5Rdw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNIw7idqVr0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gi3EsgQn10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLJJc8siyU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U75g2mDTXtA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maUwBlJ6CiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC35WrKC_nY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lnxs_DMUDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6GIuxP4WGY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Eh3kRtpqU
>>
>>750809
You need to strengthen your legs, back, and abs.

Listen to what your coach wants you to do, or go find a new gym.
>>
>>750910
How can someone listen to this gay ass shit while boxing smh..
>>
Do you think Terence Crawford could beat Pacquiao?
>>
>>751420
Depends. But imo pacquiao is done now, should retire
>>
>>749577
>>749907
Round One in Joliet. It trained Osumanu Adama and others. I guess my question might be stupid- of course it's a good gym. I was unwavering in assuming that but this guy who actually used to go there just told me something different.
>>
>>752423
State is Illinois
>>
is it wrong to be strong?
>>
File: 246.png (53KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
246.png
53KB, 300x100px
>>753916
There's the right kind of strong, and then there's the other kinds of strong.
>>
>>738439
>Tyson v Ali
Ali.
Both are fantastic in their respective styles, but Ali had the heart, chin, and mental game to break Tyson's resolve. A likely Majority Decision.

>Tyson v V Klitscko
Flip of a coin. Tyson in his prime had no issue with big guys, but Klitscko will always take great care in every round.

>Ali v Louis
Louis had never faced anyway as big and fast as Ali, but he was damn near as quick with his hands, and way more powerful. If Louis keeps perfect focus, KO past round 10, otherwise Ali probably gets the decision.

>Marciano v Foreman
Maciano fucking dies. He never faced anyone remotelybig as Foreman, could never outjab him, and his pressure style is tailor-made for Foreman's horrendous barrage.

>Frazier v Lewis
An interesting first few rounds, but I think Lewis is just too huge, too powerful, and too clever for Smokin' Joe to overcome.
>>
I'm still amazed with the Foreman's right hand that knocked out Moorer. He never saw it coming, fuck. He put all his weight behind that punch.
>>
>>753955
And that was the old foreman!
>>
>>753955
Absolutely. His technical abilities are greatly overlooked.
>>
Is it normal that my shoulder keeps clicking and popping no matter how well I warmup? Also should I try my arm all the way or retract the scapula? Now I have this habit of holding my scapula locked to avoid my left shoulder from making noises.
>>
>>738439
>Tyson v Ali

Depends on how much the hypothetical referee lets Ali get away with clinching, in a fair fight, prime Tyson easily wins because his pressure, power and lethal hooks are too much for Ali.

>Tyson v Klitscko

Again, depends on the amount of clinching. In a good, clean fight the deciding factor would be Tyson finding the inside and working the body or Klitschko keeping him away with jabs and straights, former seems more likely than the latter imo because of Tyson's decent head movement and speed.

>Ali v Louis

Louis, he even wrote how he'd do it.

>Marciano v Foreman

It wouldn't be a pretty fight to watch but it could go either way, though Foreman has the edge in size and presumably power.

>Frazier v Lewis

Joe Frazier is my favorite fighter of all time and i really hate Lennox Lewis, but at best i can only give Frazier a puncher's chance. If he manages to connect a good left hooks or right straight it's a classic David v Goliath scenario.
>>
File: PR01.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
PR01.gif
1MB, 260x146px
I'll just leave these here.
>>
File: PR04.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
PR04.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>754845
>>
File: PR05.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
PR05.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>754846
>>
File: PR08.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
PR08.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>
>>754849
wtf is this shit?
>>
File: Red Ranger.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Red Ranger.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>>754862
Never seen a man dressed in a Power Rangers' costume doing some shadowboxing and shadowkickboxing before?
>>
>>754862
I'll break it down for ya.

>feint right cross
>non-commitment front-leg kick feint
>left bob
>right bob/right feint cross
>fake left jab/use of front leg as potential distraction
>fake right cross
>front push kick
>use kick to change to Southpaw
>back up / Modified Karate Stance
>>
>>754866
The wtf was more directed at those retarded punches. Then i saw the kicks and it made sense, definitely not a boxer...
>>
>>754873
The kicks in >>754866 were kind of shitty form, desu.
>>
>>754876
>desu.
kek

>type
t
b
h

>turns out as desu

>test desu
>>
File: 1446424771220.jpg (1MB, 1366x2482px) Image search: [Google]
1446424771220.jpg
1MB, 1366x2482px
Pavulon, could you link me to some Boxing fights with good "Out-Boxers" and good "Boxer-Punchers?"
>>
Hi boxing gen, I'm >>748280 from this thread
>>748280
Just wondering how exactly I'm supposed to get into boxing
For what I'm trying to do, would I be able to learn the basics by joining a club/society in uni or would I have to go to a dedicated gym?
UNSW in Sydney if anyone has any concrete suggestions
Thanks
>>
>>755205
Something in uni is typically fine for learning the basics.
>>
>>755205
Combine boxing with learning some basic kicks, and you'll be very well prepared for typical street fighting encounters.
>>
Would two blokes sparring a few times a week be able to pick up any skills, or do you need some actual coaching? I realise a coach would speed things up, but we're stuck on a farm for weeks at a time.
>>
>>755225
Depends on how good the material the blokes use is, and depends on how intelligent the blokes are.
It'd still be better than nothing, though.
>>
>>755230
We both know the basic punches and have had a few fights (on the street). It's mostly just for fitness, but I'm always looking to improve.

I suppose if nothing else it'll get us used to having punches thrown at us and fight stamina. Might even learn to dodge a few hits.

Ah well, like you said. better than nothing.
>>
>>755235
This is a video of people who aren't good at fighting, and then one guy that's learned a little here and there.
https://youtu.be/uSmtyXmHDL4

If you guys look better than that, good for you.
>>
>>755206
I'll take your word for it, anon. Anyone else mind giving their two cents?

>>755207
Yeah, that seems like a good course of action. I received a lot of good advice from the original thread.
>>
>>755238
Most of those guys look like they've never thrown a punch. To be fair, tho, they all look about 15.
>>
>>755243
>Anyone else mind giving their two cents?
This is a slow board, m8. You might have to wait a little while.
>>
>>755245
Yeah, I figured. Not in a rush, just throwing it out there.
>>
>>755225
Unless you have someone more knowledgeable than you watching and coaching, you'll always have holes in your game and areas where you aren't growing.

At best you'll learn some decent reaction time, but will have a lot of "panic" defenses that work against each other, but will probably not work against someone who knows what they're doing. As long as you don't think that you're hot shit and can take on trained fighters with your stuff and you're aware that what you're doing is maybe a half-step up from doing nothing, then you should be fine.
>>
>>755243

This guy >>755206 is correct. If the university has a boxing club/a good boxing coach, you'll learn all you need to until you find a better gym. Everyone's going to have holes in their game, no matter where they start, because of the preferences of each individual trainer.
>>
Somewhat unrelated question, does this boxer have any kind of accent? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrXmaRblAEU I'm a foreigner I can't understand
>>
>>755225
Without a coach you probably wont pick up anything but bad habits. Sparring is too dangerous if you dont know what you're doing. Do pushups, train on a heavybag and try to do some shadowboxing
>>
>>755436
>Sparring is too dangerous if you dont know what you're doing.

>go to gym
>coach says: no hits below the waste, no hits to throat, stop when opponent is knocked down

>spar without coat
>say: no hits below the waste, no hits to throat, stop when opponent is knocked down
>NO! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!

Also, see >>755238
>https://youtu.be/uSmtyXmHDL4
These kids obviously don't know what they're doing, they're kids, and they're just fine.
>>
desu
>>
f a m senpai
>>
>>755282
Yeah, it's mostly for fitness. But I go into everything with the mentality of getting better.

We've got a mate who's a boxing trainer who we'll be seeing when we can - but that might be twice a month.

>>755436
I dunno man. You sound like a bit of a bitch. Don't fight on concrete and there's very little chance of anything happening. Especially between two adults.
>>
Got my first match in 3 weeks

How do you guys mentally prepare?
>>
>>755451
>We've got a mate who's a boxing trainer who we'll be seeing when we can - but that might be twice a month.

This may suck, but here's what you need to do then:

Learn two or three major techniques from him when he visits, then work those techniques (and only those techniques) until he comes back to tweak/critique your progress.
>>
>>755439
You're probably going to a shitty gym then. How would you know how to hold your guard properly and stuff like that, wo a coach telling you.
That's just my opinion though
>>
>>755225
You will actually acquire negative skills. I know that's painful to accept, but when you spar, you ingrain what you've learned, and you haven't learned anything.

Which means you're going to be ingraining very bad habits, and later, it will be difficult to break them.

If you had some training beforehand (I'd say about 6 months), you could benefit from working and self-criticizing, but if you don't have that, sparring on your own is very bad for you.
>>
>>755946
>but if you don't have that, sparring on your own is very bad for you.

>>755235
Implies they can at least throw a jab and cross, maybe a hook.

>>755451
>We've got a mate who's a boxing trainer who we'll be seeing when we can - but that might be twice a month.
Reinforces that they could've picked up at least something.

Even then, >>755451
>Yeah, it's mostly for fitness.
the main goal is fitness, even shitty boxing is more fun than lifting things up and then putting them down, or running in a straight line.
They'd also be developing their reaction time and reflexes.
>>
>>755942
>How would you know how to hold your guard properly and stuff like that
I saw my coach do it, I did it because I have body awareness and my coach OK'd it. People could even use a mirror if they really had to.
>>
I'm a complete noob with no fighting experience and an unstable right shoulder looking to get into boxing.

About the shoulder: It was dislocated in a car accident back in 2009, then once again while playing basketball in 2011, then once more 18 months ago or so.
The last 2 dislocations weren't major accidents, they were the result of a slightly torn labrum that hasn't been operated on.

Some more info: I've been pretty active since the last dislocation, especially with lifting. I'm decently big and the muscles around the shoulder are much more developed than they've ever been.

Question: Does anyone have experience with a similar situation? I know jiu jitsu and shit would be a horrible idea with all the holds, but so long as I learn proper technique instead of flailing like a retard, would boxing put me at high risk for re-dislocation?
>>
If you're lifting, it doesn't seem like you'd have too much trouble throwing a punch at a heavy bag.
>>
>>755963
It's the explosive aspect I'm more worried about. Lifting is usually a very strict, controlled motion.
>>
>>755954
Right but even then the risk of forming bad habits is high. I.e. holding your guard is more than one might think, because you might hold your elbows too wide and your rear hand too high/low without noticing it and there is nobody to correct and tweak your form.
Implying your goal is to get better at boxing
>>
>>755960
Always warm up well and learn correct form. Until you have learned correct form i would recommend you not to go full power on the heavybag, which would be pointless anyways imo
>>
Anyone got experience with tennis elbow or whatever? I've overextended my backhand on a few occassions and if I don't flex my arm regulqarly it can be a little painful. Been trying to ice it. Anyone know any specific excercises to strengthen it my elbow and avoid this in future?
>>
>>756325
my grammar was a bit shitty here, tldr:
overextended my right crosses, hurt elbow, hurts to bend it after a while, how do i avoid this in future?
>>
File: Bert.gif (772KB, 420x340px) Image search: [Google]
Bert.gif
772KB, 420x340px
>Filming for The Bleeder currently taking place a few blocks from my house.

Welp, this is odd.
>>
>>755988
>and there is nobody to correct and tweak your form.
Anon obviously said that they had a guy for that, and there's more to boxing than technique.
>>
>>750910
The fuck...?
>>
File: 4758994153_947418e6d2_b.jpg (545KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4758994153_947418e6d2_b.jpg
545KB, 1024x768px
>>751375
>>756558
This is why /fit/ is going to the Winter Ball with /mu/ instead of us.
>>
>>756415
Learning it and learning it right from the beginning helps a helluva lot tho.
All Im trying to say is technique is important imo
>>
>>756329
turn your fist over at the very end of your punch so your thumb is pointing down. don't turn too early though to avoid telegraphing your shots by letting your elbows flail to the outside
>>
>>755966
cardio>lifting
you need to get to good 3 3-5 min rounds with head and body movement around the bag
>>
>>733503
what is the average punch strength of a man on the street in PSI? I've be registering 900.
>>
It's good to be back.

Who else is gonna watch Bradley-Rios?

Bradley all the way if he won't do something stupid, which he does sometimes.
>>
>>757409
rios looked like a damn corpse at the weigh ins, i had a feeling that he would lose. also, seems like bradley made a smart decision to team up with atlas, obviously worked
>>
>>759031
This. I hope he won't come back after his retirement.
>>
>>734892
If you're in Chicago, you should check out Freddie Lee. He has is own style of hybrid kung-fu and he's pretty good.
>>
whats your opinion on the canelo cotto fight, who will win? also, are you excited andre ward will probably finally step into the ring again on that night?
>>
dont 404 because of shitty wwe
>>
>>762595
link me to the boxing thread then faggot
>>
>>762595
This is where people go to discuss training boxing instead of just watching.
>>
>>762756
>posts rasslin on a martial arts board

baka desu
>>
Where were you when Rigo was kill?
>>
>>733508
There's one on youtube called the Darkside of Boxing in multiple parts. It shows Rahman being a cunt before his Lennox fight, very satisfying to know that he was KOd in the rematch.
>>
https://youtu.be/9uZBIVwfmfc
>>
File: james-toney-2013.jpg (30KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
james-toney-2013.jpg
30KB, 650x366px
>>733694
Bitchko sisters
Bum
Bum
Who?
Bitch
>>
>>737820
Toney made Holyfield his bitch, talking bout defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKO7tO6sXQM

wanna learn defense? Study Mayweather, Hopkins, Toney, Ezzard Charles, Joe Louis and Sugar Ray Robinson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E2BEE8Ce70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adpzb5Cz95w

also a god one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBJXa1V84A
>>
>>740885
people who don't now boxing and just wanna watch heavy weights batter each other don't understand whats happening and think he is boring.

kinda like jiu jitsu
>>
File: lopm_011_009_0.jpg (271KB, 860x1236px) Image search: [Google]
lopm_011_009_0.jpg
271KB, 860x1236px
Newbie here, just got a gym membership but I got no one to spar against, how good can I get just by punching a bag and watching internet vids on boxing to test out new moves on the bag???
>>
How are kickboxing gyms for boxing?
I don't really care about kickboxing but it's all we have in the Netherlands, hope they teach boxing too

I just want some hard sparring where I get hit and I can hit.
>>
>>768626
You can only get good with sparring.
>>
Please help the cause and help us to remove the wrestling faggotry from /asp/.
>>>/qa/345268
>>
>>768626

Not very. You don't learn things like fighting rhythm, reflexes, spacing, timing, etc when only working a bag.

There are guys who go to our gym and work the bags like madmen. They "look real good" and make the bag go all sorts of directions, but then get their shit kicked in when they get in the ring.

There's so many holes that you'll never see until someone else exposes them.
>>
>>768851
this

I could dance around the bag all I wanted but when I got in the ring my timing was way off.
>>
>>737177
I did it when I was starting out, just to motivate me: 20 jumps with no fuck ups; then, aiming for 30, etc.
Recently managed 3 minutes without stuff ups. Felt good.
>>
>>768626
It's like making a pie with just flour and maybe some oil.
You'll get something, but it's definitely not whole a delicious pie.
>>
boxing > mma, as proved by the rousey holm fight.
>>
canelo vs cotto next Saturday should be a great fight. canelo wins by KO
>>
>>733839
great one on youtube called 'the fight of their lives'
it's about nigel benn vs gerald mclellan.
fantastic watch
>>
>>768851
Boxing noob here, been training on and off a few months, and went to my second sparring class last week. My technique just went out the window: hands dropping, shit footwork, etc., b/c I wasn't used to someone actively trying to hit me (even pretty gently!). So, yeah, spar, it is definitely worth it, and I agree with what other anons said, you miss out on a crucial element of training if you don't.
>>
>>>/sp/

this is a wrestling board right now you fucking stupid bitch ass faggots. Consider yourselves mere cattle to the majority. We're the superior ones now

Get fucked. Consider this entire experience a metaphoric curbstomp
>>
>>774432
Alright, now get the fuck out.
>>
>>768584
>
This is a very underratedd point, boxers cut from the old school style (pre-late 50's), have a better understanding of boxing starting from the stance (head off the center line, lead shoulder as first line of defense, etc)
>>
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f11/boxing-l-stance-1931233/

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f11/joe-louis-blackburn-crouch-2152135/

For anyone that wants to learn about the old school boxing style, it is a very interesting read.

Also if you have a gym that teaches kind of this way is a great asset my former trainer (RIP) was an old school guy, he studied ezzard charles and teach us many of this fundamentals.
>>
>>768578
Don't just talk shit, contribute if you think he's wrong
>>
canelo owns cotto this weekend. big time KO
>>
anyone have a link to the fight?
>>
>>781267
http://meatspin.com/
>>
>>733503
>>750500
>>775833
>>781267
If it barely sells more than the Triple GGG fight, is boxing really dead?
>>
>>781497
boxing will never die because of hispanics and some black, but unless they have white guy or a black guy with personality or persona they wont get mainstream attention.
>>
>>775833
im thinking TKO
>>
So this is modern music
>>
He just got the chink shit beat out of him and lost his lead
>>
How many Mexicans or Ricans are going to be shanked outside after the fight?
>>
>>781689
they will be too drunk but maybe a few scuffles.
>>
Are KO's frowned upon in amateur in most places? I just had my first match and knocked out my opponent in the last 20 seconds of the 1st round.

My trainer got shit for it from the promoter and a judge because I guess I wasn't supposed to do that apparently. But I think it's because the other dude was in the army and everyone cheers for the armed forces.
>>
>>781769
Put 'em down, always put 'em down
>>
>>781791
It's what my trainer said to do, he said to never trust the judges but I don't want to get in trouble
>>
canelo owned cotto. ggg is going down next
>>
>thread was made 2 months ago

Lel boxing is a dying sport like this general. Anyway this is an off topic thread so please delete it or make it more WWE related.
>>
>>781837
Did you ever watch the fight?
>>
>>781523
If Canelo ever learns English and tries for a media presence in America, I get the feeling boxing is going to get a legion of 12-40 year old female fans.
>>
File: 1418781234114.jpg (53KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1418781234114.jpg
53KB, 500x400px
>Tfw my Grandfather and his brother were Golden Gloves champs.
>Tfw my Grandfather trained Mickey Ward.
>Tfw I know Mickey personally and hung around him growing up.
>Tfw I could've had my grandfather teach me growing up.
>Tfw I didn't.
I'm such a waste...
>>
so boxing > mma?

im going to learn how to box for my birthday/Christmas gift (theyre close) and my dad said "not mma?" and that intrigued me.

im assuming ill learn how to punch better if i strictly train boxing over mma. i can pick up some kicks later for street fight situations that will never happen and at some point later in my life i intend to learn judo (and maybe muay thai and some more kicks). boxing is the first step in a long plan.
>>
File: 4731823409_93e7245f3e_z.jpg (45KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
4731823409_93e7245f3e_z.jpg
45KB, 500x299px
>>785471
Follow your heart, for your journey may still begin.
>>
>>788724
Someone skilled in MMA would beat someone equally skilled in boxing, if that's what you're asking. But you shouldn't make a decision based on "power levels." Boxing is GOAT striking and arguably the best foundational sport - stamina, strength, durability, reflexes are all things boxing trains, and trains really fucking well. On top of that, the whole - I don't know how to describe it - aura, maybe? of boxing is way better. Less dudebros in snapbacks and tapout shirts looking to train so they can be "deadly" or something like that. Boxing has this weird kind of prestige to it.
>>
>>789690
It's because it's a beautiful artform at it's purest, th footwork, the angles, the quick snapping punches. It's so simple and easy to learn yet so hard to master.

And well, a boxer with like 6 months in grappling defense training could arguably take out most duebro MMA fighters. Most MMA fighters are just glorified street brawlers with some slight boxing knowledge and wrestling background.
>>
what should I actually be aiming to accomplish when hitting focus pads? A loud noise?

How do I tell if my partner is holding them properly.

am I over thinking this
>>
>>792610
Your combinations should be smooth and quick with a loud "pop" accompanying each hit. It should feel crisp. If it is more of a "boom" you are probably loading up too much (I made this mistake for my first six months). If the mitts feel "soggy" it's because your partner isn't meeting your punches.

I don't have better words to describe it, sorry.
>>
Gonna start boxing next week and im an out of shape couchpotato. What conditioning do you guys recommend?
>>
>>793025

>light jogging
>situps
>pushups
>pullups
>something to work your back erectors
don't forget to stretch
all on the same day
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 289x322px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 289x322px
>>740025
Underrated
>>
What's the best way for me to watch some international boxers (I'm US and don't have cable).
>>
Should I keep my hands up?
>>
>>794379
Never. We all know that you keep your hands at your sides to protect your ribs from body shots.
>>
>>794379
>>794524
Seconded. Stick your chin out real far, too - it'll intimidate your opponent.
>>
>>794524
This. That Wing Chun bullshit about protecting your centerline is jank. You NEED to protect your ribs.
>>
newb here: what should I do with my legs when throwing a straight in an orthodox stance
>>
>>795539
Plant one firmly on the ground, and use the other one to kick your opponent's upper leg.
>>
File: 1446659419257.gif (3MB, 348x211px) Image search: [Google]
1446659419257.gif
3MB, 348x211px
>>738287
No, he was overrated, as you could see with any opponent who dragged him onto deep water. Holy field was a cheating pice of shit though. Those headbutts are super obvious. I know the ear biting is an extreme reaction, but I won't blame Tyson for them.

Douglas wasn't that good a fighter. He got lucky cause Tyson spent the entire night before screwing whores, blowing coke, and drinking. Tyson said something along the lines of he's never been so hungover.

His ex screwed him cause she hooked him up with Don King who went from being coaches who actually built his skills to people who just had him hit bags and KO sparring partners.

Seriously, fuck Don King and fuck Evander Holyfield.
>>
>>789690
Right, cause that's what happened to Boxing champ Holly Holm when she took on a real MMA practitioner in an MMA and look how she got destroyed.
>>
>>793179
>>789690
>>791257
Thanks guys. Yes, boxing's form is glorious.

>>795742
See I was thinking this too. Don't underestimate a boxer when he's against an mma practitioner.

I'm excited guys, thanks.
>>
So i just bought a medium size punching bag, stripes ang punching bag gloves.
My city dont have a boxing gym, how do i train punches now?
>>
>>796546
You don't. You need someone to keep your form from slipping when you get tired
>>
>>796560
The only thing i could do is kickbox.
Is the punching form the same at least?
>>
I'm 69kg and have been using 16oz gloves for sparring and pad work for the past month. I feel like i'm making things difficult for myself when it comes to keeping my hands up to defend. All the guys at my gym use 10oz. Should i just return them and get a pair of 10oz or maybe just drop down slightly to a 14oz?
>>
>>796651
The guys at your gym should be wearing 16oz gloves too.
>>
When do you think GGG vs. Canelo is going to happen, /asp/? My bet is late 2016, early 2017. I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen - Canelo doesn't seem to know what ducking fights is. I got GGG by a late stoppage, maybe UD, though apparently Canelo managed to hold his own in the sparring session they had, and he's improved loads since; I doubt it'll be an effortless win for triple G. Maybe 5, 8:1 odds in favor of GGG?
>>
>>796546
>how do i train punches now?
>watch how to do proper punch
>try to do proper punch
>correct form if form not right
What are you, some kind of idiot? Do you lack basic observational skills?
>>
File: rua006.jpg (149KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
rua006.jpg
149KB, 600x400px
>>796580
Punching is like kicking but for bitches.
>>
>>734892
Join me in Joliet, I'm the autist who checked out your dope gym. Round One it's called. There's like one white guy there, the rest are Mexicans and blacks. All the trainers are black. Let's make it 3 whites :)
>>
>>798194
>>734892
Actually I might go Colonna because his initiation fee is not only $50, it's waived if you sign up for 3 months. $65/month rates otherwise.

Round One, unless it changed (I checked it out two summers ago) has $100 initiation fee and $45/month rates. I worked it out, if I go for 3 months at either, it's only $45 more bucks for Colonna. Thing is, Round One is way more convenient for me, only being a max of 20 minutes, whereas Colonna is in the city and that's a minimum of 40 minutes which will probably be closer to an hour with the utter horseshit driving to the city is.

Boxers, what do? Right now I'm leaning toward Round One to start out at (perfect for that) and maybe switch to Colonna later but the money isn't that much of a difference and everybody is saying Colonna's is the best gym in Chicago, which means it's one of the best gyms in the country, which means it's one of the best gyms in the world lol. Pretty difficult reputation to ignore. Advice?
>>
>>798224
Oops. I mean it's only $40 more FOR Round One. Which you could look at as a convenience fee since it's so close and traffic wouldn't be a nightmare, I wouldn't spend as much on gas or the tolls (I have an i-pass but still) etc....
>>
bump to see Dr Steelhammer spark out a gyppo
>>
>>798483
U mad?
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.