[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/-Don't fall for bait edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 39

Information for beginners, please read BEFORE asking: http://pastebin.com/GTUjzyQS

Shoe info and feedback, feel free to contribute on the 2nd link (the first is the shoe reviews): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

old thread:>>655584

YOU ARE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU ARE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifYdRC2ExoQ
>>
File: bounce by the ounce.png (187KB, 357x276px) Image search: [Google]
bounce by the ounce.png
187KB, 357x276px
his feet touched the ground so it doesn't count
>>
I love big willys
I love the feel of a good long willy
willy
>>
File: mad.png (135KB, 483x442px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
135KB, 483x442px
>>659309
not anything on flatground counts
>>
>all the faggots bitching about how nobody is discussing skating instead of just talking about skating
>thinking their shitposts are any better
>thinking you can respond to this post without shitposting
>>
Fuuuuuuuuuu

Guys I almost have my Nollie shuvs really clean
>>
>>659323
I dropped in succesfully for the first time in my life. Then I dropped in on all the quarterpipes of the park.
>>
>>659325
Yeah that is generally how most people do it
>>
>>659334
haha, to celebrate the newfound advancement?
>>
>>659336
Realizing how easy and natural it is, most just want to try it on every quarter which isn't too intimidating. Apply the same mindset to every transition trick and you'll hopefully progress well
>>
>>659325
At my local park there's no environment to learn how to drop in, most of them are high/steep as shit
I can do most drops but there's this big ass one that's like about 8ft. And that fucking bowl
>>
>>659340
this is something I was thinking of, now that you mentioned it: just because you can drop in, doesn't mean you can drop in on anything, that's what I thought/think at least.
>>
File: troy shecklure.jpg (83KB, 570x765px) Image search: [Google]
troy shecklure.jpg
83KB, 570x765px
Hey /esg/, please refresh my memory: what does bs flip stand for?
>>
File: Muh purchases.png (36KB, 536x215px) Image search: [Google]
Muh purchases.png
36KB, 536x215px
R8 my purchases, m8s. Just try not to h8.
>>
>>659342
>just because you can drop in, doesn't mean you can drop in on anything
As long as you have the confidence and can handle the speed you'll gain from said quarter pipe. Yes you can. The exception being harsh transitions like jersey barriers. As long as its a smooth transition, you should be sweet.
>>
>>659348

More than I'd ever pay for bearings, 'cos I don't need warp speed yet.

I use those same AR hollow cores though, love 'em.
>>
Learned 5-0s, crooked grinds, and 50-50d a 10 foot ledge into a bank. Good day. Why do I see so much more improvement now at 21 than when I was a kid.
>>
File: welcome-wolfgod.jpg (523KB, 619x1100px) Image search: [Google]
welcome-wolfgod.jpg
523KB, 619x1100px
>>659499

>pic related
>>
>>659348

Also, I priced it out, and for like $16 more you could have built your own complete (using those parts) at skatewarehouse.com, no shipping charge either :P
>>
File: IMG_20150427_185039.jpg (370KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150427_185039.jpg
370KB, 816x612px
>>659501
I like them too.
>>
>>659500
dude, I know. im so much better at getting better now than im older, 21 too
>>
>>659317

>thinking that you arent shit posting
way to start off a new thread with some garbage
>>
>>659519

Yeah I've been skating on and off for 10 years or so. Never had any tricks. I mean absolutely nothing. I could Ollie and back board going really slow every now and then but I was seriously skating veveryday and could do nothing. Biggest accomplishment was a sketchy Ollie on a 7 stair. Then a few years ago I stepped on my friends old ass board while smoking in his basement and suddenly kick flips and heel flips made so much sense.

Started really skating again a few years after that (about w month ago) and I've been learning new stuff everyday
>>
>>659345
bull shit flip
>>
>>659499
sup getoff? hey I have reds, they ride normally I think, I can ride faster than with standard/complete bearings for sure, I think 28$/euros is pretty standard price. There are more expensive bearings out there.
>>
>>659611
>>
>>659519
>>659553
I was skating every single day of my youth from like 9-13; I could count my tricks on one hand and couldn't Ollie curbs

Then I stopped for 5 years

I got back on it at about 17
And now I'm learning things like clockwork

Secretly it kills me inside that I didn't commit enough when I was younger and stopped skating for a few years..who knows what I'd be doing with those extra years of practice
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFwWWMVAwVo

>hear teenagers skating out front, go smoke a cigarette to investigate
>they have a launch ramp
>grab my board and ask them if I can skate
>fail three attempts, blame it on only skating vert
>my board is actually way too heavy with big wheels and grind rails
>my knowledge of the bones brigade does not impress them
>They don't even know who Darren Navarette is

What the fuck is wrong with kids these days?
>>
>>659549
I knew I was shitposting though. Good job proving my last point though, you shitposting faggot
>>
File: sm-son-rdk.jpg (579KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sm-son-rdk.jpg
579KB, 750x1000px
>>659616
Sup mang.
I use ~$6 swiss bearings off ebay, smooth as silk.

>>659508
There's a kid at the park that tells me everytime I'm there: "I want your trucks". Heh, it's weird sometimes when they talk to me, 'cos if it was the other way around, would I just shoot the shit normally with a guy who was almost 40? Dunno, but that's what's great about this shit, no one cares how old you are.

If the cops raided my FB, they'd be like "why are all these 12-16yr old boys adding you as friends?" keke. Guess it would be weirder if I was requesting them first.

Anyway yea... picked up Shane's rookie deck the other week, fuckin Skate Mental, they can do no wrong.
>>
>>659905
except kick off motta
>>
File: 1425694037831.png (234KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
1425694037831.png
234KB, 500x340px
>Have a street deck with re-used street hawg cruiser wheels
>Want to replace heavy ass wheels with regular skate ones
>Pick up some spitfire classics (99a)
>toss them on my board right before class, no time to really test them.
>College admin too dumb to keep walkways in decent condition.
>Oh fuck so loud.
>mfw riding down campus hallway creates giant reverberating echoes.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 750x1074px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 750x1074px
I'm pretty stoked I can carve on tiles in a real backyard pool.
>>
>>659309
>What is no comply
>Implying skateboarding has rules anyways
>>
Post your setups niggers
>7.75 almost haslam
>Indy 169s because I enjoy stabbing holes into my feet when landing primo
>48mm generic wheels

>
>>
>>659935
8.3 blank
Indi hasoi trucks
Bones 60mm
>>
>>659348
what site is that? i remember only using 1 site and that was fuckin 8 years ago. cant remember the name
>>
File: $_75.jpg (24KB, 430x323px) Image search: [Google]
$_75.jpg
24KB, 430x323px
>>659935

shit nigger that sounds like my set up too. am i you?

>a shitty chinese made board that feels like shit and is really cheap quality. I don't know what Dwindle uses to glue their boards together but it makes them feel like shit and i love it.
>trucks that are too big for my board so i can't control for shit and turning feels weird, but since i tic tac everywhere and I can't skate tranny to save my life it doesn't really matter
>i've also got some really small fucking wheels that flat spot really easily to go with my huge ass trucks cause i can't ollie while moving yet so i need to make sure my board stays in the crack. also i don't want to be able to go fast, because that is scary.
>and i certainly don't have a HS degree cause then I'd have the sense not to buy this shit and I wouldn't be riding around on a piece of garbage.
>>
>>659762
that video was so excellent.
>>
>>659905
>swiss bearings

wut...aren't they supposed to be more expensive and faster spinning than reds?
>>
COWABUNGA DUUUDEEE XD
>>
File: donatello.jpg (17KB, 763x558px) Image search: [Google]
donatello.jpg
17KB, 763x558px
>>659958
>>
Anyone know any good blanks?
>>
>>659992

man just get em off of ebay. they come straight from mexico or china.

and since the boards are made by spics and chinks who aren't even people they are dirt cheap.
>>
>>659994
>spics and chinks who aren't even people

you sure showed us
>>
>>659291
nice tunes OP
>>
>>659994
I hear you can get blanks which major companies are rumored to use? Where do you buy these?
>>
>tfw just picked up skating again at 21 after fucking my leg big time 4 years ago
Wish me luck brehs, let's hope the 15 year olds won't make fun of me for not landing a heel flip lel

Also is it abnormal to be able to heelflip before kickflip? I can't land the latter for some reason but heelflips aren't too hard.
>>
>>660032
Nobody cares dude. You'll pick it up in no time, and if not, just have fun.
I'm twenty and I can barely keep up with the 14 year olds at my park. They don't care though, as long as you're cool.

>Also is it abnormal to be able to heelflip before kickflip
Nah. It's pretty normal, most skaters advice you to start with heelflips since they're easier. I learned a kickflip first though.
>>
>>660053
Thanks bro, I'll land that heelflip in no time
>>
>>659762
>>my board is actually way too heavy with big wheels and grind rails
excuses. what do you think they are riding in that video?
>>
>>659762
jesus old school skateboarding looks so gay
>>
File: k.jpg (16KB, 616x346px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
16KB, 616x346px
>>659935
>7.75

>>659921
i applaud you for making the switch. it'll take a minute to get used to but after a while the loud noise and all the small rocks you have to avoid will be part of the fun.
>>
>>659930
nice dude.

>>659948
holy shit that is disgusting
>>
Hey bros, my current wheels are pretty small hollow cores and hard as fuck. I'd like to cop some softer ones but not as soft as longboard wheels for instance. What hardness should I get? 85A too soft or? I mainly skate on asphalt and stone tiles or whatever they're called and would like a bit softer wheels. I reckon my current ones are in the high 90s
>>
>>659947
Labor Skate Shop
>>
>>660087
no just get new hard wheels and stop being a bitch
>>
>>660090
mate pls

Softer wheels are nicer to ride and dont make my feet feel like they've been sitting in a paint mixer for an hour every time I step off my board
>>
>>660091
this thread is not for wimps maybe you should try asking some longboarders
>>
>>660093
Wow you're really hardcore dude, shit. Pardon me for not being as cool as you.
>>
>>660095

i have 85A wheels, but 60mm. i just use them to cruise, for skating i use 100a 54mm.
anyways, i think 85a is what you need. 85a IS soft, but not like "longboard-soft". they are more quiet and smooth then normal wheels, but they arent silencer if you know what i mean.
how big do you want your wheels to be?
>>
>>660109
i think how big the wheels are is at least as important as as soft they are. if you dont want feet like they were sitting on a paint mixer, you should go a bit bigger.
but my 60mm 85a suck for tricks... or it seems like that. i hate doing tricks on this setup, it feels clumsy. i just use it to ride and then i switch the wheels again. (3min of work)
>>
>>660109
>>660111
I think 60mm is a bit too big, and I'm not planning on just cruising. Current ones are probably 46-50mm, not quite sure since they are a bit worn so I'd go to 54mm max I think. I like small wheels I'd just like a bit softer ones. Also is it possible to have hollow core soft ones?
>>
>>660006
thanks breh...so what is the ideal truck size for an 8.125 deck?
>>
>>660032
>is it abnormal to be able to heelflip before kickflip

it's a rare condition on average, but there are many people who have survived.

>21

HEY GRAMPS, WHERE IS YOUR CANE? DID YOU GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL WITH TONY HAWK?
>>
Thought I'd share some local footy with you guys. https://vimeo.com/125155769
>>
>>660223

what's that at 4:50
>>
>>659998

He showed you how to get a good deal on a board
>>
https://instagram.com/catacombs_official/
>>
>>659955

Well what I've learned is that they can call them whatever they want.
I really like them though, and I've never felt like I couldn't go fast enough if I needed to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWISS-Skateboard-Bearings-Full-Set-of-8-Pcs-Precision-Quality-/331536337424
>>
>>660087

Ricta Clouds
Rainskates Mini-Tsunamis

I've used both, skated for nearly 20 miles along the lake in downtown Chicago with both.

Still able to pop 2ft ollies with my old rickety legs on both.
>>
>>660294

nice
>>
>>659340
>big ass one
>8ft
Top kek
>>
>>660319
Shill pls go

When I was younger I didn't have the luxury of a local park to practice at, I was limited to my street which consisted of mostly flat and ledges

The important part is that I'm learning right? Also I'm going for it without knee/elbow pads & it makes that shit pretty scary...
>>
>lizzie armanto is looking more and more like nyjah dressed as a girl
>whyboner
>>
>>659323
Remember to keep your shoulders above your feet anon :)

Got moving switch pop shoves myself yesterday - feels good
>>
>>659935

Back to rollerblading for you.
>>
>>660320

Fuck yea son. This is the last white sport and we gotta keep it that way. Niggers spics and chinks already infected the great white sports (basketball and baseball) we need to make sure they don't get into skateboarding.

Where are you bro? We should go skate together.
>>
>>660320
>>660366

What the fuck are all skateboarders neck beard /pol/ level retards?

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>660341
fucking this, lawl
>>
>>660368
did you read the OP? Like, the first thing written on it? I mean the subject of the thread?
>>
>>660395

No. I scrolled past your horrible little thread on the front page of /asp/ and I was confronted with this bullshit. so I entered to see what the hell was going on in here.
>>
>>660327
>Shill
How was that shilling you moron?
>>
>>660398
>on the front page of /asp/
So you're new to 4chan then?
>>
>>660400
well it wasn't shilling but why did you discourage him? It's a ramp and a skateboard, and we all know that the skateboard is the only thing in the material world that when you get on it, you elevate a few inches off the ground and objects appear taller.
>>
>>660402
>why did you
Shouldn't assume its the same person man. I was just being a dick about your incorrect use of the term shill.
>>
>>660320
Niggers have god tier style, I look up to them for that

they still niggers tho
>>
>>660431
>Shouldn't assume its the same person man

then you shouldn't assume it was targeted to you, especially after I 've written "why did you discourage HIM?"
>>
>>660497
Dude it was posted a response to mine, it was clearly targeted at me. Don't be stupid man.
>>
>>660501
>it was clearly targeted at me
>but I should never assume it's the same person

don't.
>>
>>659291

Foot is fucked and can't skate. What videos should I watch?

Only good skating please. None of your "hurr durr so creative!!" shit
>>
How come women are decent at bowl/vert skating but cannot street skate for fuck?
>>
>>660307
ballin
>>
>>660507
>women
>skateboarding unironically
>>
>>660507
You don't like Elisa Steamer?
Watch some girlsskatenetwork videos on youboob.
>>
>>659291

Where can I actually talk about skateboarding? this board is slow as fuck and when it's acutally active you guys just talk about those shitty welcome videos for the sake of being contrarian
>>
>>660519
real life friends
>>
>tfw kickflipped a 3 set today
How do i git gud?
>>
>>660539
this way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ3vrdOV-FU
>>
>>660539
lmao I cant even ollie that
>>
>>660529

I'm not a kid. Friends don't stay at my house overnight
>>
>>660554
What are you even implying, that you cant talk about skateboard stuff with your friends during the day?
>>
>>660556

Yeah during the day. And after?
>>
>>660558
Make a facebook group chat maybe.
>>
>>660559

You're an idiot
>>
recognise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLHfTsVT8xY
>>
>>660561
I'm being serious and you're being a faggot, honestly. Do you really need to talk about skateboarding 16 hours a day?
>>
>>660341

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq82jXiZ128

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly9zzNHZHOs

my penis is confused
>>
>tfw no qt sk8 bf
>tfw will never have hot, sweaty sex after a long skate session

what is even the point of living?
>>
>>660575
>hot, sweaty sex after a long skate session

I get the hots too after a sesh, what's up with that?
>>
>>660576
dunno mane, but i need a friend to help me with it ;)

will u be my bf?
>>
>>660577
sure where do you live?
>>
>>660578
wisconsin
>>
>>660579
ahhh, that's too bad, I 'm in Mexico.
>>
>>660581
rip :(
>>
>>660582

>dat desperation

kek, you 'll be allright mate, you 'll find someone. Trust.
>>
>>660583
>Trust

that's a pretty good video. in my opinion it's bronze's best release to date
>>
>>660584
No I mean trust that you 'll find somebody.
>>
>>660575
>>660576
>>660577
>>660578
>>660579
>>660581
>>660582
Gay skaters? I've honestly never seen one of those.
>>
Why do you guys force yourselves to watch horrible skateboarders for the sake of MUH creativity?
>>
>>660592
because i cant do tricks so i ride big boards and pretend not to like "technical" skating
>>
>>660597
I am guilty of using that expression before in this thread. What I meant was the generic video part. I didn't actually meant technical, because I have very high regard for Rodney Mullen.
>>
>>660592
What do you mean? Like Mango and Shawn Powers?

I personally think that both are very entertaining to watch. Style is an important part of how skilled someone is on a skateboard.
>>
File: IMG_4363.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4363.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
My current setup. Big fan of Welcome, will buy more of there boards in the future.
>>
i'm 23, looking to get back into skating, and i have no idea where to begin. i don't really want to bother learning how to do any complicated tricks or anything. even when i skated regularly however many years ago, i was more just about cruising and doing 180s, half cabs, caspers, bonelesses, that kind of shit. what kind of board would be best for me? i guess i'd mostly be cruising around and doing tricks like i mentioned before. i tried longboarding like 2 years ago and i wasn't really that into it. looking for hills to bomb got old fairly quick.
>>
>>660603
Get this guy's >>660602 setup
>>
>>660604
i was looking at welcome boards and they seemed pretty sick. any recommendations for the other parts besides bearings assuming bones are still the best?
>>
So my 8.125" deck is coming tomrrow but I can't afford new trucks for another week. Will it be fine to skate with my current trucks (from a 7.75" board)?
>>
>>660602
what shape?
>>
>>660605
Like 53-56 mm spitfires would be nice, I have the classics because I'm cheap.

As far as trucks I would go with thunder 149 or ace 44.

Hardware is whatever, same with grip. My last deck I got grizzly grip with a blue stencil or something on it and I don't really like it, I would recommend an all black grip.

>>660606
Yes. I have 8" trucks with an 8.5" deck, I haven't noticed any negative effects.
>>
>>660609
wormtail
>>
>>660366
>implying niggers & spics don't shred their asses off with style
>>
File: . . . wut.png (80KB, 665x598px) Image search: [Google]
. . . wut.png
80KB, 665x598px
>>660612
>a good style depends on what color your skin is
>>
candy bars for my welcome yes / no?
>>
What shape does mango use?
>>
>>660631
ur mum so xtra large lmao
>>
What makes someone pro? If I decide to start printing graphics on blank decks and t-shirts and get a team together are they pro?
>>
What's wrong with Popsicles?
>>
>>660631
Lots of different shapes. Throughout his parts, he's skated lots of different stuff. He strikes me as the kind of skater that can adjust to nearly any setup.

I have been experimenting with sizes and shapes that I have had no experience with and I really like it.

>>660639
Pro=salary or royalties significant enough to live off of. I would say $10k per year at the minimum
>>
File: Comfy Pepe.jpg (80KB, 553x567px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Pepe.jpg
80KB, 553x567px
>Go on first ever skateboard session after building my board
>Go down to local park thinking I'll just skate in a empty tennis/basketball shit or something.
>Turns out there's a small skatepark there
>Nice.jpg
>Only 2 other guys there who are really good and doing some sick tricks
>Third guy who's friends of them shows up 5-10 mins later
>Turn out to be chill as fuck and give me tips and help me adjust my board
>Only work on pushing/balance while moving but still fun as fuck
This sport is great, wish I started sooner.
>>
>>660640
Nothing, yo. Skate whatever you feel comfortable with.
>>
>>660642
Glad to hear that you had a good experience. Reminder that we all want you to do your best! GANBATTE!
>>
>>660639
they get paid stupid
>>
>>660591
I'm the only gay skater I know of in my town.

Its because most gays are just faggots that can't do anything cool besides be a fuck toy.
>>
>>660079
The loudness is jarring at first but the sound gets people to actually look behind themselves making it less of a pain in the ass to pass them up (especially the fuckers on phones).
>>
>listening to anything but vaporwave when skateboarding

kek, do you even /aesthetics/?
>>
>>660673

>listening to music
>not listening to the sound of your wheels carving the concrete

Pleb shit
>>
>>660504
Dude what are you even on about, when your post is in response and starts off a sentence in direct reference to what my post says and then asks "but why did you discourage him?" Its blatantly treating me as if I were the same poster. I seriously don't get why you're trying to argue otherwise.
>>
>>660592
>Why do you guys force yourselves to watch horrible skateboarders
I don't watch horrible skaters though. I watch skaters whose tricks selection interest me.
>>
>>660675
i do both, it depends if i am alone or with buddies
>>
>>660579

I live in wisconsin... stop trollin.
>>
There's an abandoned gas station down the street from my house that is just begging to be turned into a diy skate spot. Great concrete with a big open parking lot. In front of the building there's a manny pad, a mellow gap, and a curb to bank to curb that all connects to a little carwash lane that loops back around to the parking lot/gap. Some kids even ripped the old exit sign out of the ground and it makes for a nice 3ft ledge. There's also concrete barriers everywhere since they don't want cars getting in the lot. I really want to build a launch ramp and maybe a rail to make a mini street course. 2 problems though.

1. It's on a busy street and I'm sure the cops would get called eventually

2. It's on a busy street and I'd be kind of embarrassed if people from highschool saw me skating alone.

It's stupid I know but I can't help it. I will take pics tomorrow and show you guys
>>
>>660686
>I live in wisconsin so anyone else who says they do are trolling
>>
>>660686
where at?
>>
>>660597
I ride big shaped boards and can do a decent amount of flip tricks.
>>
>>660733

How big and what shape?
>>
>>660366
Mark Gonzales is the reason why we skate handrails
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>660734
It's a 9.0 Banshee made by Welcome.
>>
>>660738
>>660738

Nigga that shit is brand new. How are you gonna tell me you can do flip tricks on it
>>
>>660507

There's a bigger scene and history behind female bowl skaters, there's also more role models for kids to look up to, so more little girls go into that than street which is were women don't have as big of a presence.

If female street skaters were a more visible part of street, and not just a fluke good one every 4 or 5 years, in a generations time there would be tons of female rippers.

It's a simple equation. Female pro to serve as role model > More little girls get into skating street > Because of this bigger talent pool to draw from > More competition so the bar gets raised higher, and the skill sets go up.
>>
>>660620

They only come in two colors, black and white, it's kinda stupid on Welcomes part to just put out two colors.
>>
>>660650
>Its because most gays are just faggots that can't do anything cool besides be a fuck toy.

But not you right? You special snowflake.

Hows that self hate working out?
>>
>>660507
>>660744
>There's a bigger scene and history behind female bowl skaters, there's also more role models for kids to look up to, so more little girls go into that than street which is were women don't have as big of a presence.

For example...

https://youtu.be/AQkmHd0KJvw?t=1m23s
>>
>>660677
the point is I don't know who's who, neither do you. It's the internet.
>>
File: homerdrool.gif (19KB, 314x360px) Image search: [Google]
homerdrool.gif
19KB, 314x360px
>>660690
>curb to bank to curb
>>
File: bait.jpg (16KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
16KB, 540x540px
>>660740
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>660740
It's an old photo, brah.
>>
>>660758
wow mate did you seriously scratch up your dank board just to prove somebody wrong on 4chan? get a life bro damn
>>
so how old is everyone here?
>>
>>660754

What don't you understand? There's a curb that goes into a bank with a curb on top of the bank?
>>
>>660693
I've mentioned it before, and I'm loopy on allergy meds... so I thought... yea idk.

>>660717
Milwaukeeish.
>>
>>660761
What don't you understand? It sounds heavenly
>>
>>660763

Oh I thought that was a "ur a retard" reaction face. My bad
>>
>>660747

>no loli skateboarding gf

Why live?
>>
>>660453
fuck yea son. i hear you.

they're like rappers maybe they're fun to watch but i certainly wouldn't one in my house or dating my daughter.

also the sooner hey kill themselves throwing themselves down stairs the sooner there are less of them around. right, brother?
>>
>>660507

cause jamie thomas fucked over the last great female skater.

fuck you JT
>>
>>660770
gib gossip pl0x
>>
>>660770
linked related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p44TIA0Dlvk
>>
File: 1426323357738.jpg (70KB, 960x635px) Image search: [Google]
1426323357738.jpg
70KB, 960x635px
>>660740

Do you have down syndrome? Seriously? Do you have to fuck up our thread with your shit posting?

same goes to you two dipshits
>>660767
>>660453
>>
>>660775

t. Fat nerd who can't skate
>>
>>660759
Shitty bait
>>
>>660789
you think?
>>
>>660789

this whole thread is nothing but shitty bait.

seriously, why the hell did i ever think there could be a skateboard thread on 4 chan that wouldn't be filled with shit posts
>>
>>660753
But that being a response to me isn't about not knowing who's who. You aren't making any sense man. For real.
>>
>>660775
Dude, more shitposters is just a sign of growth as a board. The best solution is to ignore them not provoke arguments by acknowledging them.
>>
>>660806

So the worse this board gets the better it is?

I don't understand.
>>
>>660735
Weird way to spell Pat Duffy.
>>
File: hallelujah.gif (1MB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
hallelujah.gif
1MB, 320x214px
>>660806
>>
>>660818
Something like that..
think about it like this , there was people on this board right. Shit was going smooth for a while then some otherfags (or maybe one person, who knows) found it.. now for shits and giggles is shitposting

The same way he found his way here; others will too but if we collectively ignore & oust shitposts/trolls we can have a more collaborative discussion about our /asp/ergers
>>
>>660818
Dude I'm saying it means we are getting bigger as a board. Makes the discussion faster and not a circle jerk of 5 or 6 consistent posters.

The only downside is it will attract shitposters, but if ignored they wont affect discussions too much. Shitposters only hang around if they draw attention.

Whether it being better or worse is really subjective.
>>
File: possessedtocute.gif (789KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
possessedtocute.gif
789KB, 245x180px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ExpyjWXq0
>>
Does anyone know where to find good edits from specific cities? Anything works but I would like to see Barcelona, San Fransisco, Minneapolis, London, Rome and Paris
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>660883
>>
>>660883
absolutely adorable
>>
>25
>want to skate again
>live in an apartment so don't really have a driveway or anything
>would have to go to a skatepark
>as a 25 year old
>i suck at skating
>i told my gf i was pretty good
>she wants to go to the skatepark with me to watch
>25 year old at the skatepark who can't skate for shit with his girlfriend watching
should i just give up
>>
>>660943
Depends on how much you want to get good.
>>
>>660945
i just want to have fun
>>
>>660946
well dont trip, man.
you'll be the only one there actually getting laid.
go and have fun
>>
File: IMG_20150430_150231.jpg (687KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150430_150231.jpg
687KB, 2048x1152px
>>660943

>practicing kickflips all week
>notice a hole in my shoe but keep skating
>try one more before going home
>foot catches fire

Fug. What are the most durable skate shoes? Something leather?
>>
>>660997
>>660943

Didn't mean to quote
>>
>>660997
canvas vulc slipons
>>
skate shoe recommendations? preferably colorful and dope as fuck
>>
>>660943
>told my gf I was pretty good
>pretty good

Ya fucked up anon, I never would tell a girl if I'm "good" or not.. I just say something along the lines of

"well.. I can skate; a lot of people can't, I'd like to learn more cause there's always room for improvement"

Usually I get asked to kickflip but that's no biggie for me..I'm modest because I know there's always someone that can smoke you in S-K-A-T-E so..
>>
>>661028
>be me
>on the wood around campus looking for something to eat
>dude with a group of bitches approaches
>"yo, can I see that board?"
>*sigh* uh sure bro
>mfw he kickflips first try
>ok then.
>so I ask; "do you skate skate? For reals?"
>yep
>so I challenge him for a quick SK8
>I skunked him; homie couldn't give me a letter
> Hfw I backed up his kickflip first try, bolts
>bitches eyeing me & shit
>he's a bit mad; I could tell
>it's ok bro, good game anyway

:)
>>
anybody tried Rush All-Weather Ceramic Bearings?

my bones reds don't last as long and don't perform as well as they used to, thinking of switching to something else.
>>
>>661013
>>660997

how about le fucking OP?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
I'll be sad when this board die on me
>>
>>659291

>practicing bonelesses today at skatepark.
>try one going fast
>nearly break my leg

Is there a trick to this?
>>
File: Naruto Pepe.jpg (42KB, 377x382px) Image search: [Google]
Naruto Pepe.jpg
42KB, 377x382px
>tfw planned to go skating today
>Unexpected rain storm
fuck
>>
File: 1428843157001.png (13KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
1428843157001.png
13KB, 640x712px
>>661104

>not having a famous diy skate spot underneath a bridge in your city

I pity you
>>
are orb wheels any good?
>>
File: IMG_20141110_121101.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141110_121101.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>661120
Nah, they are kinda slow and not that durable. I went back to spitfire formula fours, the difference was huge. Bones have all been good in my experience.
>>
best grip tape?
>>
>>661041
If you're getting your reds off ebay, they are most certainly fakes. I had a set, they were so fucking slow.
>>
>>661127
Jessup, although there are a few others out there that are good. mob, grizzly, shake junt etc. Jessup has always had good consistent gimmick free grip tape.
>>
File: nike-dont-do-it.jpg (171KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
nike-dont-do-it.jpg
171KB, 620x413px
>>
File: skate.png (55KB, 1164x298px) Image search: [Google]
skate.png
55KB, 1164x298px
thoughts? first board since 2008. i mainly want to go fast and do simple tricks.
>>
>>661135
Perfect. As good as a setup could be. If you arent already ware though, welcome boards feel smaller than than the actual size stated as the width is taken at their widest point. they have a size guide on their website. Really though, what you have there is perfect.
>>
>>661142
alright awesome. thanks. yeah they recommended 149s for that board so that's what i went with. gonna hit up my lss tomorrow and hope they have everything listed there.
>>
Hey guys I need some help with my heelflips. I've been trying to get these for months with no progress, but the other day, something just clicked in my mind, and I can make the board spin nicely, but I have a few problems

1) The board lands in front of me, and I can only land my front foot

2) The board does a 90 degree turn to the right (I skate regular if that helps)

I know I have to jump forward with the board to solve problem #1, but why does the board sometimes do a nice flip, but turn 90 degrees?
>>
>>661190
you're pushing the board instead of flipping it. push your heel down instead of straight out
>>
>>661192
just realized my description was really retarded. you're pushing the board AWAY instead of pushing / flipping it DOWN.
>>
>>661028
>"well.. I can skate; a lot of people can't, I'd like to learn more cause there's always room for improvement"
What an awkward thing to say. I'm glad most girls exposure to my skating is a video on my facebook so they think I'm good without me commenting on it.
>>
In an era where skaters are nearly just as good switch as they are regular, why has the Popsicle not evolved to be completely symmetrical? What is the advantage of having a big nose?
>>
>>661199
board designs are getting more throwback of late, don't expect symmetry when its not the in style
>>
>>661204

For hipster tranny skaters yeah. But that's definitely not the norm
>>
>>661199
Ishod Wair has a double tail deck for real
>>
>>661205
>hipster tranny skaters
kill yourself
>>
>>661211

"No"
>>
File: Glasses Gun and Cigarette Pepe.jpg (23KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
Glasses Gun and Cigarette Pepe.jpg
23KB, 250x237px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PQGFxI3rcI
>tfw I started skating too late to become a pro skater for a big name brand like Adidas or Supreme
>tfw I will never get paid to ride around with friends and pull off sick tricks
>tfw I wasted my teenage years getting fat, playing video games, and doing well in school just so I could go to Uni to do well there and maybe get a "good" job
>tfw I will never be a stupid teenager who doesn't give a care in the world to anything but skating and chilling
How do I deal with these feels?
>>
>>661211

Deal with it, hipster. You fags are just as bad as long boarders
>>
>>661205
Dude what are you on about? Welcome boards for example is popular among street skaters as well. Why the hate on transition skating particularly?
>>
>>661214
By being a stupid adult who throws away his career to do cunning stunts
>>
>>661221
It's just not the same, there's just something so appealing about doing this type of shit when you're young and stupid.
>>
>>661216
Rather be a hipster who rips at tranny than your average /asp/ie poster that can barely kick turn on a bank.
>>
>>661223
>vert
HAHA
>>
>>661224
>can't tell the difference between transition and vert.

HAHAHAHA. Way to prove my point faggot
>>
>>661226
you don't have to be so mean
>>
>>661229
Sorry anon :(
>>
>>661196
Yea it's a bit awkward alright but I'm a social media introvert I hate that goddamn shit, if she wants to see me skate then she can ask me to do something or fucking skate with me
>>
>>661196
Also to add to my
>>661232
I don't skate for bitches, I don't skate for my friends, I skate to keep myself relaxed
>>
>>661223

Thanks for proving my point. You think doing a kick turn is something to be proud of. Go do your "stylish" rock to fakirs and power slides because you can't figure out how to control your board
>>
File: 2daiu6s.png (139KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2daiu6s.png
139KB, 480x360px
>>661214
>you'll never have the chance to go back in time and tell your younger self to go outside and skate.
>>
>>661234
No, I can skate tranny decently comfortably. nice try though.
>>
>>661237
*decently and comfortably
>>
>>661237

Yeah anyone can. It's literally the first thing kids with access to a skatepark learn to do.
>>
>>661240
most beginners start off with mini ramps and 3-4ft bowls. I'm talking about tranny bigger than 8ft, d.i.y. backyards/parks, barriers and 10ft bowls.
>>
>>661242

Man use your head for a minute. There's a reason you see 12 year old girls tearing up bowls but you never see them doing huge hand rails or flip in flip out lines on ledges
>>
if my favorite tricks are no comply variations, boneless variations, 180s, shove-its, and other basic "old school" shit am i a douche bag? i don't know what to call my style besides "i suck and this is all i can do" and i don't know what skaters to be inspired by that make that kind of basic shit look cool
>>
>>661245
Either they prefer to skate that way or their parents just coached them to skate that way. However, implying transition skating is easy is just retarded. That's why I mentioned different types of transition skating in the first place. And the same concept applies to skaters who mostly skate street. You have dudes who can skate handrails very well, but they have trouble skating pool coping or carving steep transition .
>>
>>661259

Tranny is easy. That's why skating evolved to a much more technical state. Because people got bored.

Sure you have guys like welcome who really push the boundaries and go nuts but your average tranny fag is nowhere near their level
>>
>>661261
It's easy if you're mostly doing backside grinds and rock fakies.

I can say that for street skating. You have dudes on Hockey or Plan B that push the boundaries for street, but the average street skater is nowhere near their level.

I skate both street and transition, and to me, they're equally difficult to get really good at
>>
do you guys wear helmets?
if so, what kind?
if not, why not?
>>
>>661214
skate now you idiot.
>>
>>661242
>>661259
why are you falling for bait? just, why
>>
>>661233
>I don't skate for bitches, I don't skate for my friends, I skate to keep myself relaxed

I skate for bitches. Now that I actually skate "for myself", I just stopped giving a fuck. I skate because I want to. One day, you 're going to die.
>>
this is the shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53f5-rpI4Zo
>>
File: skye.jpg (11KB, 236x275px) Image search: [Google]
skye.jpg
11KB, 236x275px
>>661374
oh shit, found another one, get stoked my peeps, oh this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcn4Oo6Huzo
>>
>>661395
I swear motherfuckers, my related is on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rufbtjmJE
>>
>>661258
please respond
>>
>>661418
do what you feel like. that's all.
>>
>>661272
if im skating big tranny then of course. everybody does.

its a protec.

obviously not on street though because lol
>>
>Dylan cancer thread on Slap

This was mentioned here, of all places ,months ago. Explain.
>>
>>661232
Yeah man I get where you're coming from, but if I didn't use social media I'd cut myself off from contact with my friends too much.

>I don't skate for bitches, I don't skate for my friends, I skate to keep myself relaxed
I understand man, but it can be good to have others appreciate you're tricks too man.
>>
>>660943
No girl actually wants to sit at a skatepark and watch their boyfriend skate. I always feel so bad for girls who get dragged to skateparks because I can see how bored they get after like 3 minutes and the dude is just off on the other side of the park bailing. Like damn... unless she skates to tell her to stay at home
>>
>>661483
>no girl i've ever met liked to watch me skateboard so they won't like to watch you either
>>
>>661272
No, because I think I've trained myself well enough to avoid head injury whenever I fall, and I hardly skate anything bigger than an 8 set
>>
>>661493
>>661272
ITT: idiots
>>
>>660997
emerica
>>
>>661516

Those are the shoes I was wearing when I ripped my foot
>>
File: 1417814133392.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1417814133392.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
Skateboarding cured my depression. I'm pretty much always in a good mood now even my coworkers have commented on it.

Just wanted to share. Also kickfliped a 3 stair today
>>
>>661534
How old were you when you started skating?
>>
>>661554

Like 10. I skated on and off years but never even learned to Ollie up a curb. Now 21 and recently got really into it
>>
>>661437
there's a good chance it's trolling. Like, a really good chance.
>>
>>661533
you asked for it
>>
>>661534
After I graduated I lost a lot of friends and I was very alone for some time, eventually I got back on my board

My friends were busy today so I just skated my neighborhood alone, it was fun
>>
took a four year hiatus from skating and i'm looking to start anew. i'm a size 10.5 shoe, any recommendations on deck size? also, any recommendations on brand and what not?

thanks.
>>
>>661608

Whatever works for you. My shoe size is 7 and I skate an 8.25. Andrew Reynolds is huge and skates a 7.75. It does not have anything to do with your shoe size.

All Popsicles are nearly the same. Unless you want a cool graphic just support your local skate shop and get a shop deck. If you want an old school shape go with Welcome
>>
newbie here.

recommend some good, must-see skating documentaries?
>>
>>661609
>Andrew Reynolds is huge and skates a 7.75

do you people just make these up or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4fMAmNlSfo
>>
>>661625

its a 4chan thread on skateboarding... so yes.
>>
File: RocketGirl.jpg (23KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
RocketGirl.jpg
23KB, 491x500px
what do u guys think of this? personally the argument makes sense, everything else has a suspension system
>>
>>661664
forgot link like a dumbass
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/avenuetrucks/avenue-suspension-skateboard-trucks
>>
>>661666
>kickstarter

lmao
>>
>go skating
>thighs extremely sore
>heel bruises on both feet
>ankles bothering me
>can't even comfortably Ollie or skate tranny
>take a pain killer and skate for hours

I've been doing this for 2 months now. I tried resting but then I just watch skate videos and get more hyped to skate

Am I gonna seriously hurt myself?
>>
best skate videos to get inspired? like where people don't do crazy shit but shit that you think you can do yourself if you practice enough
>>
>>661678
more than likely pain is your body's warning that something is wrong. that said ive been doing the same for my knee take acouple advil and joint supplements but hey what ever works i guess
>>
>>661681
>but shit that you think you can do yourself if you practice enough

You can do anything if you practice enough
>>
Sup guys; serious question here
how do I familiarize myself better with different grinds and tranny?

I don't own a rail (but I should)
and I still have trouble keeping my balance skating tranny at my park

I want to know more tricks and what makes them different from eachother
>>
>>661691

Look up "skateboard trick dictionary" or something. Use your brain
>>
Share tricks y'all having trouble with?
> 3shuvs
>I haven't been able to teach myself no complys

;_;
>>
File: 1410518154881.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1410518154881.png
78KB, 412x351px
>>659291
>tfw no one you know skates

I skated a bit when I was younger, and I really want to get back into it, but I have no one to skate with or help me learn new tricks. I hate doing things alone, especially physical stuff.
>>
>>661437

He was diagnosed with Leukemia a few months ago. He kept it quiet, people found out just now, everybody is in denial.
>>
>>661707
i'm in the same boat, friend. you in ohio by chance? i live in cleveland.
>>
>>661707
>>661710

Go to a skatepark. Make small talk with other skaters. Even if it's just "that was sick" or "nice"

It's really easy to make friends at a skate park
>>
>>661716
not when they're all 4+ years younger than you. i'm 23
>>
>>661717

Have you ever been to a skatepark? There are TONS of adults there. Just go during school hours
>>
>>661681
Everything on Peter Sidlauskas' YouTube channel. Bronze is great for that.
>>
>>661487
this is 100% based on observations of other people, not me. i haven't dated a girl since i started skateboarding you buffoon
>>
noo thred:>>661751
>>661751
>>661751
>>
>>661717
>not when they're all 4+ years younger than you

you really don't know that. Just go.
>>
I just decided to buy a skateboard or a cruiser board ( like a pennyboard). Wich one and why? I like smooth sailing and speed so is one better than the other for that?
>>
>>660091
>make my feet feel like they've been sitting in a paint mixer for an hour
kek, i have used this line many times after reading it here
>>660366
what the fuck dude, race is not a dividing factor in anything, especially skateboarding. also "infected"? are you serious? get a grip.
>>660507
i'm a girl, and i skate bowl and street. i think it's important to get well-versed in both.
>>661092
my exact problem...bonelesses going fast are scary as hell.
>>661128
this happened to me. they took weeks to break in and still don't spin too well. but i ordered a pair of bones swiss because fuck it

>>661534
that's really good to hear, anon. i'm glad you found something to give you joy. skateboarding is a special thing
>>661666
this seems cool as hell and i hope it works...also nice trips
>>
Hey guys, I wanna add boarding into my hobbies, but can't decide what type of board should I get (longboard, skateboard, pennyboard) ?

I want to use it mainly for transport because my bus has a really long cooldown in between stations.

Thanks.
>>
>>659930
>holy shit it seems steep
>>
>>659933
lol, so much this
>>
>>659348
>them reds dude
hell yeah I skated with reds most of my life and they are fairly reliable, I got the swiss now
>>
>>663068
just got a set of bones swiss in the mail. are they high-maintenance? i want them to last a long time but don't want to laboriously clean them every time they start slowing down. any tips?
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.