[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly was the Attitude Era so much more entertaining than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: bobo.jpg (25KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
bobo.jpg
25KB, 642x361px
Why exactly was the Attitude Era so much more entertaining than the current product?
>>
>>3158226
Real Men.
>>
why do ya'll ask questions that you already know the answer to
>>
we were all younger then. that's it. It was edgy and as kids we watched it because it was cool and so different that what our parents wanted us to watch.
>>
>>3158226
ae was unrealistic and fun
>>
File: WWF Raw is War Attitude intro.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WWF Raw is War Attitude intro.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>
>>3158238
Not at all. Was watching some of the older stuff and the wrestlers were just that much more dedicated to the craft. Austin is a perfect example of this. The matches were a lot more intense and fast paced as well.
>>
>>3158226
Internet, and anything edgy back then was not labelled as cringe
>>
>>3158226
>Not at all PC.
>Aimed towards teens and adults instead of >little girls wearing "I'm a hugger" t-shirts.
>Hardcore matches/more use of weapons.
>Scantily clad women.
>Wrestlers with actual charisma, and plenty of them.
>Interesting/shocking storylines.
>Much better/louder crowd.
>Better stables (Nation Of Domination, Right To Censor etc.).
>King and JR.
>Use of metal music instead of cheesy "GIVE ME THE GREEN LIGHT" wank.
The list is endless.
>>
File: 1494901389016.gif (992KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
1494901389016.gif
992KB, 400x283px
>>3158235
This
>>
>>3158226
Great characters, great storylines, lots of talent, competition, hot crowds, great production.
>>
File: chris-warren-620x350.jpg (31KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
chris-warren-620x350.jpg
31KB, 620x350px
>>3158242
CFO$ got nothing on this guy
>>
>>3158226
Mature and surreal qualities coupled with it being popular within nearly every social circle. The wrestling quality was superior to the current product due to the Monday Night Wars as well as a lack of concussion/CTE lawsuits creeping of Vinnie Mac's back. Vince has since become such a control freak that the current product has regressed into a sterile and sanitized bore in soul and character.
>>
>>3158263
He died like a year ago
>>
>>3158226
The attitude era was shit. It drew literally 0 dimes and was cringy as fuck le violent swearing xddddd you have to be a 12 year old redditor to think this is entertaining. the PG era was the greatest era of all time.
>>
Competition forced them to innovate and forced them to push the guys that were actually over. Lack of competition lets Vince be an insane control freak.
>>
>>3158267
good
>>
(you)
>>
Vince Russo
>>
File: 1450104543498.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1450104543498.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>3158265
>. The wrestling quality was superior to the current product
>>
>>3158235
Correct
>>
>>3158315
>two counts are the height of wrestling greatness
>>
>>3158369
>run ins and chair shots are the height of wrestling greatness
>>
They valued good story and characters over muh workrate
>>
>>3158226
>Poo in loo champion
>not entertaining
>>
>>3158238
>it's just nostalgia

You could be more of a pinhead if ya tried. Show clips of this time and clips of the present day product to a under 18 person who hasn't watched wrestling and I guarantee they'd say that AE clips are better and more entertaining
>>
>>3158226
Been watching Attitude Era and even MNW era WCW, and here's my thoughts as to why:

>competition forced Vince to let wrestlers improv and get themselves over, as well as push the guys people actually wanted (he wanted to push Rock as the bland babyface ffs)
>wrestlers were allowed to show their personality and charisma in the ring and not just do flashy indy spots and muh workrate
>there was actual psychology and story in the matches (this is true of the Hulkamania era as well) while now it's just "I WANT THE BELT GIMME"
>feuds had actual storytelling and character development
>almost everyone had a reason to be there, even lowercard guys like Al Snow and Crash Holly had their own storylines
>the higher rating gave the booking team more freedom to shock people because it hadn't been handicapped by Vince's own bad taste and family-friendly sponsors
>that said PG isn't the problem, Vince being an insane control freak is
>>
It was good trashy fun.

Its too sanitized now and will always be since it's become attached to the numale "nerd" culture.

>but the wrestling is better now!

You can have good matches and still have trashy entertaining angles. I'm pretty sure Benoit and Eddie were still around back then. I just watched a pretty good Jericho/Mr Perfect match from Nitro the other day.
>>
>>3158226
If we go as simple as we can, guys today can say they're going to kick your butt. The Rock in the attitude era called Kane "the big red retard". You're getting a show that's glorifying violence, with all the humor and dialogue of Dora the Explorer.
>>
>tfw you will never talk about RAW with your boys during lunch ever again
>>
File: 1321421588520.jpg (9KB, 267x181px) Image search: [Google]
1321421588520.jpg
9KB, 267x181px
>there will never be "faggot" or "_____ is gay" chants ever again
>>
EVERYTHING was better in the Monday Night Wars from the star power, the in-ring work, the promos, the production, the fans, the commentary, the vignettes, the competition, etc.
>>
>>3158472
>240 Pounds Man with 0% Fat getting carried by two 5' 7" 150 pounders on a weekly basis
>Based Bollywood Boys.
>>
>>3158269
You
>>
>>3158431
Yes
>>
>>3158235
fpbp
>>
>>3158263
They were a poor man's Rage Against The Machine.
>>
>>3158238
Literally any era in literally any promotion besides maybe backyard wrestling is more watchable than what we have now.

Golden era was based also and that was pg
>>
>>3158242
>explosions constantly
>seizure-inducing strobe light editing
>most shots are some sort of high impact or big spot
>theme not by some shitty buttrock band
>Austin

9/10 intro. Only second to the early Across the Nation for RAW.
>>
>numale era fans will never experience hot chicks with good tiddies, Kane pyro shot, good editing, and pyro ever again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGKbRJCrmhk
>>
Cause you were 9
>>
>Undertaker and Kane just going out and fucking up random wrestlers matches and vignettes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8UiGCsyy4

Numales like Meltzer and Alvarez would complain that this is bad booking if this happened today.
>>
>>3158957
Storylines aren't allowed to intersect anymore unless its in a Teddy Long Tag Match.

I think Bryan would just agree with Meltz to avoid triggering his autism. Then with Vinny he'd talk about how it was "ahsome."
>>
>>3158963
That sounds about right

Another PPV main event match I remember had X-pac just run in because X-pac was feuding with Undertaker - and I was shocked because I barely remembered he was on the card earlier that night.
>>
Imagine this today

>W-what is this?
>OH MY
>It's Kane!
>Kane is back on Monday Night RAW here on the USA Network, and we are just two weeks away from No Mercy on the WWE Network! Kane is back, and how will that change the face of the New Era in WWE?!
>>
>>3158226
Its gets really good mid way through 98. I've been rewatching it online and its got alot of good main event storylines but then the rest of the show is tagmatches with the head bangers or Los puriquas
>>
>>3159016
Forgot link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwToYP44N_Q
>>
>>3159017
desu it gets really good in mid 97 around the time sid fucks off and hart foundation forms and keeps the quality until late 98 when it dips a bit

99 is meme and then it gets pretty good again in 00
>>
>>3159028
Early DX vs Hart Foundation was great stuff. Goddamn shame we'll never get this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86UqgNjQzg0
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.