[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something is missing in the presentation of this guy. He has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: Braun-Strowman-Shouting-AWl1020.jpg (66KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Braun-Strowman-Shouting-AWl1020.jpg
66KB, 768x768px
Something is missing in the presentation of this guy.

He has improved a lot in the ring, they even pushed him mostly well for WWE standards, save for the Roman feud.

However:
-his theme music sucks, it's generic as fuck, I'd keep only the roar at the beginning
-his look, he needs a change of clothes

Then you can put the belt on him.
>>
>>3059587
he would make a better champion than part-timer Lesnar or Vince's boytoy
>>
>>3059587
He doesn't need to be THAT perfectly polished. He's not being groomed to carry Hogan's torch and be the next Hogan/Macho/Rock/Austin/Cena unbeatable superface. He's being groomed to be a genuinely threatening "final boss" heel/neutral-force-of-nature. Hogan needed an Andre to topple. Macho needed... well... Hogan. Rock and Austin needed Heel-Vince to be constantly screwed by. Cena needed a constant stream of "the odds" to overcome. It's like vince finally remembered that it's the unstoppable Heel who finally makes the Hero-Face-Top-Guy when he finally topples him, and not the Hero-Face's inherent unstoppability

We keep forgetting that while a true normie-name-recognition-crossover-face can't admitedly be a "vanilla midget," he can't be a "giant monstrosity" outside of the 80's either. You need to be somewhere in the middle. Just look at everyone who managed to be a crossover-success top-guy face outside of the 80's
>Austin 6'2"
>Rock 6'5"
>Cena 6'1"
And look at all the guys who were pushed as top guys, but never truly achieved that success as a crossover-name-recognition face
>Diesel 6'10"
>Undercarder 6'10"
>Sid Psycho/Justice 6'7"

If you're too big, and have a certain... "beastly" look to you, you're never going to be THE top-guy face, but you CAN be the final boss who puts them over.

Too small and unexceptional is boring
Too big and beastly we're pre-programmed to associate with "bad-guy."

However, as far as people who are carrying the torch of Heenan-Era Heel Andre as "final boss," Strowman is one of the best in a LONG time.
>>
>>3061009
Hmm yes and no.

The fact is, as long as the hero is Roman Regins that plan is not going to work. Strowman will never ben Roman's Andre. They have tried it, the crowd sides with Strowman.

The crowd pays tp see Strowman man-handling other guys and throwing them around. Then he's more like Lesnar. Another one that people pay to see him beat up people.
So if he's going to be the fans pick then he'd benefit from a better presentation.
>>
>>3061645
Oh, agreed. Strownam could NEVER be the Andre for Roman, because Roman is ALSO meant to be a Final Boss monster, in his instance not because his height, but because of everything else about him... just his whole vibe screams "I am the megaheel"

What I'm saying is that Strowman could be SOMEONE's Andre. Honestly, I'm not sure there's anyone in the company right now who could utilize Strowman's final-boss-bump, but the principle is sound. If anything, it shows that after almost 5 years of failing to turn Roman into the next torch-bearer, they may be giving up on that, and preparing the Strowman bump for someone else. Hell vince gave up on The Lex Express and Diesel after less time than he's already spent trying to pass the torch to Roman.

Hell, if immediately after the breakup of The Shield, they had booked Roman the way they have just booked Strowman, it would have been great.
>>
>>3059587

He already changed his gear. It's far superior. The old pants he had made it look like he pissed himself.
>>
>>3059587
I like his theme desu.
>>
he needs to trim his beard. the sides being that long give it that round looking bray type beard that just makes him look like a neckbeard. need to trim that shit and grow it down, not out.
>>
He's perfectly fine. music just needs words it all seems weird because he's getting popular but they are still doing the Roman thing.
>>
The music is not generic because it doesn't have bass. Just a guitar and a drum playing metal riffs

>>3061712
>music just needs words
Neither Rock nor Austin needed it
>>
>>3061770
Rocks music starts with words

18+
>>
>>3061778
So does Braun's. Honestly though, it could just start with I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU. I'd mark.
>>
>>3061715
then go back to plebbit
>>
He needs to wear lifts. You might think I'm mad, but he's missing that factor you got from Kane in the attitude era. I remember being gomsmacked when I first saw him, but find myself less impressed with his size every time. Give him a 2 or 3 inch boost and he'll deliver that gobsmacked feeling every time. It isn't like his wrestling style requires him to be particularly mobile anyway.
>>
File: wat.jpg (77KB, 618x347px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
77KB, 618x347px
>braun strowman is 6'8
>brock lesnar is 6'3

u wat
>>
>>3061906
>It isn't like his wrestling style requires him to be particularly mobile anyway.
Actually, it does. Dude spends half of his matches running around. Also, you need the most balance possible to hit powermoves.
>>
>>3061906
>6'8" is now too small for size queens
He doesn't have the aura of Kane because Kane carried himself perfectly. He was a once in a life time type of monster. Braun can't match him, lifts or not.
>>
>>3061715
>Any actual discussion or conversation is Reddit.
>You have to be shitposting all the time.
Truly /asp/ has earned it's reputation as an autistic hive of retards.
>>
>>3061984
Strowman is far more "once in a lifetime" than Kane
>>
>>3061906
>It isn't like his wrestling style requires him to be particularly mobile anyway.

what makes him so special is how mobile he is
>>
>>3061922
Uh, yeah? What's the problem? Lesnar's hair kinda makes him look a little taller.
>>
>>3062010
Strowman isn't half the wrestler Kane was, has a baby face and his mic work is atrocious.
>>
>>3062010
Nah. Prime Kane had an aura of power and intimidation that Strowman doesn't. Nobody ever will again.
>>
>>3061984
For a start he isn't a legit 6'8. And secondly, we became accustomed to 6'10 as the benchmark for what a big guy is during the attitude era. Kane was a legit 6'10, Nash was 7', Big Show was 7'. Brock looks like a beast at 6'3, and that's fine for him, but Strowman is billed as a giant, and an exaggerated 6'8 is just too easily normalised in a roster stacked with big guys.
>>
>>3062016
Kane wasn't exactly an elite workhorse in his prime

>>3062017
That's because you weren't 10 when Strowman debuted.
>>
>>3062021
What? Strowman is visibly taller than Kane in every encounter they've had.
>>
I agree that he needs better gear.

What Strowman also needs is a slight change in his character: he's not as dumb as he looks. He thinks. He plans.
He doesn't need to be a genius. He just needs to be more than brute force.

Once you have that, you can allow the character to evolve and turn him into a really great heel.

Great heels have never been just plain brawn.
>>
File: 23249023400.jpg (59KB, 715x546px) Image search: [Google]
23249023400.jpg
59KB, 715x546px
>>3059587
>>
>>3062021
By big guy it also means body mass, Strowman may not be the tallest guy around but he's a tank.
Big Cass for example is taller (7ft) but doesn't look as physically powerful as Braun.
>>
>>3062031
Kane isn't nearly as tall as he was in his prime. Strowman is barely taller than Luke Harper and is shorter than Big Cass.
>>
>>3062038
I agree with you there, Braun's size is insane, and that's why he could do with being taller. I want to think "holy shit, this is the biggest motherfucker I've ever laid eyes on" every time I see him. I want him to make Lesnar look small the same way Andre made Hogan look small, and Hogan is a huge guy in his own right.
>>
>>3062040
Kane is the same height he always was. He just doesn't wear lifts anymore and he's not jacked as he was in his prime.
>>
>>3062040
>getting worked by boot lifts
>>
>>3062067
>>3062068
If it worked for Kane then it can work for Strowman.
>>
>>3059587

I really like his theme...
>>
>>3062111
Strowman is already the biggest guy in the ring unless he's facing Beeg. Big Ass might be a little taller but he's so dyel it doesn't matter. There's no need for lifts
>>
>>3061715
cry about it
>>
>>3061804
BTFO
>>
>>3059587
he needs to stop dressing like a fucking hobo and trim that damn beard down
>>
>>3061645
>the crowd sides with Strowman.
You mean smarks who are contrarian
>>
>>3064334
>being liked by everyone doesn't count when everyone is a smark

K
>>
>>3064334
>every crowd with [opinion I don't like] is a smark crowd
>>
>>3061645
Strowman is the modern Kane, not Lesnar.
>>
>>3061700
This. His theme is awesome. It's one of the better theme songs on the roster right now and it fits him absolutely perfectly. It really sets the mood for the violent butt raping that's about to happen whenever he comes down to the ring.
>>
>>3062035

I thought they were teasing that with taker. When he backs out of the ring, I thought he'd come back at another time at the perfect moment. I think he did it with lesnar too?

But Braun is a baby face despite being heelish. It's hard to place the current 4-way feud as who's face and who's heel.
>>
>>3059587
I think he needs to have a sadistic masochist side.

Like instead of looking mad as fuck when he destroys someone, he needs to smile. As if he's deriving pleasure from it.
>>
>>3066309
Kane is pretty shit in ring compared to Braun 2bh
>>
File: chong-li-jackson[1].jpg (58KB, 1913x1035px) Image search: [Google]
chong-li-jackson[1].jpg
58KB, 1913x1035px
>>3059587
>his look, he needs a change of clothes
Harley Davidson sponsorship?
>>
>>3066483
Fuck you.
>>
>>3066521
No.
>>
Shut up
>>
>>3066509
American Badass Braun?
Ok.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.