[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

What was the reason for having a title change during a house show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

What was the reason for having a title change during a house show?
>>
To generate interest to sell more tickets.
>>
>>2872898

OP here,

That's what I assumed. I'll be deleting the thread now
>>
Pretending msg is still a big deal in 2017
>>
>>2872916
Memeson Square Garden BTFO
>>
I've always thought this belt has looked ugly, but AJ makes it look decent.

AJ is truly a GOAT.
>>
>>2872949
The title reflects the inner spirit of its holder.
Only a REAL AMERICAN with TRUE, WHOLESOME values can hold it and not look like a berk.
>>
>>2872895
Take some attention away from the other US title.
>>
>>2872918
More like Square GAYden
>>
To prove Smackdown is the superior brand where anything can happen.

RAM is boring and predictable.
>>
Vince liked that AJ liked that anti muslim invader post on twitter.
>>
>>2872995
Yeah I thought about this too. NJPW, Kenny and that patrician big brown belt were getting too much attention for Vinny's liking.

So
1) Gives it to his best worker, AJ (Omega v.1)
2) Doing it on a house show actually creates more controversy and attention (as evidenced by us talking about this right now)
>>
>>2872996
based
>>
>>2872997
This
I am debating whether to go to the live event in Lousiana at the end of August, but now it seems I'm going for sure
>>
>>2872949

It's a white trash belt on a white trash man

Of course it works
>>
>>2873001
I still haven't seen this Twitter post. What actually was it?
>>
>>2873069
Someone said something like "They're not refugees, they're foreign invaders coming to conquer your country" and AJ liked it.
>>
>>2873076
*Muslin invaders to be specific.
With that exact hilarious typo
>>
>>2872895
They do it once in a blue moon to make people believe that anything can happen at a live show. It's usually the tag titles.
>>
>>2873078
It's a letter that is next to the letter that was incorrect and was clearly written in a passion-fuelled setting. There's nothing particularly funny about this typo and you are a faggot.
>>
File: MUSLIN_INVADER.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MUSLIN_INVADER.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>2873152
you seem upset friendo
Here is a Muslin cloth to dry your tears
>>
He cannot draw at a PPV so they just made it at a House Show
>>
>>2873040
>>2872995

Lmao imagine being this delusional

>It's all about muh outlaw wrestling! That's why they had the belt change hands in a match that they didn't even fucking televise!

When are you people going to understand that Vince does not give a fuck about what New Japan is doing?
>>
>Muh MSG even though it's a completely different arena now.

They tweeted congratulations for the people who made their MSG debut. Forgot who but yeah. The company is a mark for a fucking building.
>>
>It's a good idea to do a title change on a house show every so often to remind people that stuff can happen at house shows and keep interest in them.
>Madison Square Garden used to be WWE's home, so it's the right place to do it.
>It generates buzz for the US Title, people were talking about it all weekend.
>It let them tease the idea of AJ vs. Cena III while still wrapping up the KO/AJ feud at Battleground.

After seeing what they did with it on TV on Tuesday, it was obvious they made the right choice. AJ with the US Championship feels like the main event on SmackDown right now, FAR more than the WWE Championship does.
>>
>>2872895
It was a sold out house show.

7000 people were there and they got rewarded
>>
>>2872995
Lol implying vinnie even thinks alt NJPW
>>
>>2873171
Vince is incredibly insecure when it comes to other promotions, given what has been done in the past you really think it's below him to try and take the attention away from others with his own stunts?
Even if he himself doesn't pay attention to NJPW, all it takes is for somebody that works with him suggest doing something like that and he'd be all for it.
>>
>>2872895
Because a) the hurr durr anything can happen in the WWE crap theyve been marketing for years now and b) another smaller promotion did something similar and to a good response, cue WWE booking their own version.
And the obvious, try attract more folks to live/house shows
>>
>>2873263
>sold out
>>
>>2873269

That doesn't explain how the house show title change is an attempt at "drawing attention" away from anyone. If they'd just done the title change on SD, we'd still be talking about it AND the match would've actually been televised.

It's just a ploy to get people interested in house shows. WWE spent a decade pretending that TNA didn't exist, why would they treat NJPW any differently?
>>
>>2873298
>WWE spent a decade pretending that TNA didn't exist,
I'm not saying that WWE did it for any reason connected to New Japan, but this is a farcical comparison. WWE mentions the IWGP titles all the time. They never pretend New Japan doesn't exist the way they do with TNA.

And honestly, there's been a couple things here and there on Raw and SmackDown that I thought could've been thinly veiled shots at NJPW.
>>
>>2873298
Setting up for a PPV match, having it at a house show and having the title change at a house show resulted in way more publicity than the match otherwise would have had. On top of it playing up to the whole "LAND OF OPPORTUNITY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT", they got to have some recent relevant search results that coincided with the NJPW US title. Although I wasn't the one to claim it was done because of that, I just laugh at the fact some people still don't think Vince and his crew are petty or insecure enough to pull shit like that.

Also, TNA was established in the US and were no real threat to WWE, they knew what they were dealing with. NJPW is established outside of the US and is gradually making efforts to establish itself within the US, and it's not ignored by WWE at all.
>>
>>2873315
>>2873324

>WWE mentions the IWGP titles all the time

They haven't in awhile. They did it around the time AJ showed up because back then was when Liger was appearing on NXT and WWE thought NJPW was content to stay on their little island.

Either New Japan is serious competition or it isn't. If it is, WWE will give them the TNA treatment and pretend they don't exist. If it isn't, they're not going to bother taking shots at them. Either way, WWE doesn't take shots at competitors anymore because, in their mind, they don't need to give the other product free advertising.
>>
>>2873329
Last time I can clearly recall them doing it was with Finn Balor's introduction and that was a while ago.

Some guys have said "Bullet Club" since then but those were all clearly unscripted instances.
>>
>>2872895
Rumor is they want MSG to be "special" again. And since WWE is too broke to run televised events there, they do retarded shit like have the payoff for weeks of TV build happen at a house show
>>
>>2872916
>>2872918
>>2872996
>>2873042
Totally not the same person
>>
>>2872949
>>2872981
This
>>
>>2872898
This.

"Anything can happen at a house show, people!"
>>
>>2872918
cringe
>>
>>2873168
>He cannot draw at a PPV so they just made it at a House Show
How delusional can you be?
>>
>>2873179
It's the house of professional wrestling.
So you're right, it's not a big deal...
>>
I thought they didn't film RAM at MSG anymore because the rent was too expensive? Why is it suddenly less expensive to put a house show on there?

Should have just held it at the ballroom and get an ACTUAL sellout instead of "7,000" attendance including hot dog hawkers and people handing out free tickets like candy.
>>
>>2873256
So the US Title is to be considered the main belt of Smackdown Live?
>>
>>2874194
Producing a show there is the real expensive part.
>>
Reminder to all you seething redneck hillbillies: MSG is still the most important building around
>>
>>2874194
Actually renting the building isn't as expensive, it's some stupid union fee or something that's over a million dollars apparently.
>>
>>2872895
so obese smarks like you will post about it on the internet
>>
It's a work you marks
>>
Honestly it's more exciting without belts involved 99 percent of the time...is there any justification for putting belts on the line other than cos people are retards and see it and think it's better? It's like hitting the lottery to see a title change hands so it's not that exciting is it... it's like having the results out in front of you.
>>
>>2873076
Wow can he get any more based?
>>
>>2873263

>7000

There was atleast 10k+ there
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.