[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Do I jump on the NJPW bandwagon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (75KB, 600x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
75KB, 600x900px
Not going to lie, I hate indie marks, and have only watched the Omega Vs Okada matches due to the popularity.
Must say, I'm finally interested in NJPW now though, and I was wondering if it was worth getting into, or if I should just stick with just WWE alone?
Opinion?
Pic related, pretty much one of the only ones I actively watch and like.
>>
>>2872414
You're just in time, but the bandwagon started in 2013 after Shibata vs Ishii
>>
>>2872418
OP here. Not going to lie, only got into WWE last year around survivor series. Watched some of the attitude era years ago, but that's it.
>>
>just got into burgers guys
>should I only eat McDonald's?
>>
>>2872414
Pick any of the Wrestle Kingdoms and watch the last 2 hours, if you can't get into it, it's not for you
>>
Get into NJPW and fuck WWE, it sucks!
>>
>>2872600

i seconded this also watch some G1 matches and the last three years finals, they were great

and any Ricochet - Ospreay bouts on BOSJ is GOAT too
>>
>>2872414
G1 climax is about to start, it's the best time to jump in and start watching NJPW.
>>
>>2872778
Do you think they will push Ibushi into the spot Shibata was meant to have?
>>
>>2872799
Ibushi was always going to be in G1
>>
File: download.png (601KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.png
601KB, 1000x563px
>>2872799
I don't think it matters.
>>
File: 1496816874037.jpg (25KB, 301x267px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1496816874037.jpg
25KB, 301x267px
>>2872414

The best part about jumping into NJPW, is that it becomes a gateway to other Japanese wrestling

like your Hosses and hardcore matches? = BJPW

like your matches old school with 0 shenanigans / dirty finishes? = AJPW

luchafag? = Dragon Gate

sucker for strong style?..like with hard chops and shit? = NOAH
>>
>>2872414
Do you speak Japanese? If not, I wouldn't recommend watching a program broadcast in Japanese.
>>
>>2873031
Ignore this man
They have English commentary available too
>>
>>2872414
no reason not to get into it, but I'd recommend staying off bandwagon/smarks boards like this when wanting to discuss it.
>>
>>2872958
do you like actual sports Entertainment? DDT

you want to see womenswrestling? Stardom
>>
>>2874239
Are you a Pedophile? Ice Ribbon
>>
>>2872958
No reason to branch out because NJPW is the best one.
>>
>>2873031
>Amerifats can only watch programming in the language they've been bastardising since the 18th century
>>
>>2872424
I was watching attitude era when I was a kid. If you liked that, maybe you'll like NJPW right now. I watch NJPW and it gives me a feeling like no other wrestling today. It feels like being a kid again and watching WWF. Obviously they have different styles and booking, but things feel as important as they did when I was a kid.
>>
>>2873031
The wrestling is good enough to watch without the story and they have English text for who is going to be in the ring each match.
>>
>>2872799
No. He's a freelancer.
>>
>>2875970
but suzuki is also a freelancer, they have given titles to freelancers in the past (looking at you Kojima)
>>
>>2875980
Name a frelance who's won the G1, main evented Wrestle Kingdom and walked out IWGP Heavyweight Champion.
>>
Are you seriously asking if you should watch NJPW or... WWE?

I fucking hate all wrestling and even I make time for some based jap fights.
>>
>>2872414
>hate indie marks
>went out of his way to watch something only popular with indie marks
What did the massive flaming faggot OP mean by this?
>>
>>2872799
I think Yoshi-Hashi took that spot, he stands out like a sore thumb among the rest of the talent.
>>
>>2876074
Based TACOS is a G1 mainstay.
>>
>>2872414
Watch NJPW and literally turn your brain off to WWE shit if you can, probably gonna get shit for saying this but hop over to 420chan as well since they actively follow Japanese wrestling unironically.
>>
>>2877642
Some of us follow puro seriously, we just hate 420chin.
>>
>>2872414
NJPW is pretty based desu. Check out Naito, Suzuki, Tokyo Pimps (only for the chicks) and Shibata. You'll have a basic gist.

>>2873031
I found the uncultured faggot. Go embarrass us 'Muricans some place else.
>>
>>2877642
/wooo/ is way too autistic about it tbqh
>>
>>2872414
Okada is one of the best, if not THE best wrestler in the world. The only nitpick I'd have for him is to cut a little or get completely shredded.
>>
>>2877655
>>2877662

Like it or not but 420chan will at least decuss puro without constant wwe related shitposting. It's not perfect though, not at all.
>>
>>2877683
So will places like the Death Valley Driver message board, and you don't have to see power crazy mods pushing their agendas.
>>
any place to watch this shit for free with minimal bloat on the website or naw?
>>
>>2872414
Lol
>>
>>2877742
>wahhh I got banned for being a shithead
>>
>>2874292
It's really not. NJPW is good, but it has too many flaws to be considered the best.
>>
>>2874292
BJW is far more consistent with their cards top to bottom. I never skip the six man tags.

NJPW has the best main events, which is what people pay attention to.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.