[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you say he's done a good job with the WWE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: -X0t_VTF.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
-X0t_VTF.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
Would you say he's done a good job with the WWE?
>>
>acquire effective monopoly
>lose millions and millions of consumers
>>
>>2784429
The past decade could have easily been a lot better. Could have made him twice as much...
>>
He's the most sucessful wrestling promoter of all time.

He just stuck around maybe got careless as far as mixing creative and business
>>
>>2784625
But he's a Sports-Entertainment producer anon.

Wrestling promotion is what his father did.
>>
>>2784429
Yes
>>
>>2784429
From start to finish, he's the greatest promoter of all time. From its status now, to what it could have been? The most destructive man of anyone in the industry.
>>
>>2784718
How can he be both of those? If he's the most destructive then he's not the most successful, unless ruining pro wrestlingin the states was his goal. Fucking piece of shit as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>2784829
Cornette pls
>>
>>2784829
I mean when you consider that the WWF started off as a bingo hall promotion, and now the WWE is extremely recognizable in popular culture, he's been successful. He's probably a big reason why wrestling ever took off to anything above localities in the first place. So he essentially founded the entire 'industry', and deserves a lot of respect for that. But at the same time he could have done things a lot better, Wrestling had so much momentum, but he screwed it up, and now it's turning into a niche. He's better than anyone else, but because he has that role of being better than everyone else, he let a lot of people down. If that makes sense.
>>
>>2784429
Good until the early 2000s. Now he's slowly destroying the company and undoing all of his work.
>>
>>2784860
>WWE invented supercards

It didn't
>>
>>2784864
>The early 2000s

Vince is the reason WWF hit a slump in the mid 90s

Patterson & Shane are the only reason Attitude even happened
>>
No, before the AE the ratings were in freefall and he's obsessed with booking the exact same babyface champ, he was forced into the AE and the very second the competition was bought out he took the pedal off the gas and the quality of the product suffered greatly.
>>
>>2784429
A 70 year old man is writing a program that only 10 year olds watch.

Is there any surprise as to why WWE is so fucking garbage?

Stop pretending like Vince wasn't a hack who lucked out with Hogan and Austin.This is the man who actually thought Rocky Maivia would get over as a babyface.
>>
>>2784860
Idk man, I agree with >>2784961

I think it was more stroke of luck than anything. Hell, I do wonder if wrestling would of taken off regardless though. Personally I think so, there were plenty of other promoters and the big names would have landed somewhere.
>>
>>2784429
He's clearly gone senile, it happens to the best of them. 80's to early 2000's Vince was a force to be reckoned with.
>>
>>2784996
1995 Vince was just as inept at getting his projects over as current Vince.

Diesel vs. King Mabel? Get the FUCK outta here
>>
>>2784994
He's a good businessman, but he's not very good at wrestling specifically. It's why I called him both the most important and most destructive person in wrestling. He had the initiative to branch out and try to make the WWF bigger than the territories which were the status-quo. I'm not sure there are enough people with the balls to take risks like that in wrestling. It seems like wrestling and business are complete poison to each other, so Vince, while absolute shit at booking a card, was the perfect man to capitalize on outside forces such as Hulk and Austin.
>>
>>2785020
I don't disagree at all but do you think it would have happened regardless, by someone else's force? Turner maybe? Feel like the world was turning in that direction on its own with the start of cable TV.
>>
It's it just me, or after all these years is Vince's face during the undertaker/mankind hell in a cell the only time he's ever really come across as an actual human being.

He's literally faked his own death before, so I honestly don't think I'll believe it the day he actually dies. The man will probably forever be an actual legend.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.