[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I’ve reached out to Vince McMahon in the past week. He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

File: vince-russo-podcast.jpg (132KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
vince-russo-podcast.jpg
132KB, 650x400px
>I’ve reached out to Vince McMahon in the past week. He got back to me.

>I am still a wrestling fan at heart, going back to when I was 10, 11 years old. I hate today’s product. To me, it’s not professional wrestling. I don’t want to be the guy critiquing the problem without saying ‘Here’s my olive branch, I think I can help you as the numbers go down every week.’ I didn’t use the word help. You don’t tell Vince McMahon he needs help. I said ‘if you want me to contribute, I’d love to once again contribute.’

>Vince never seems receptive. His response is always a couple of words. He’s not that guy. He’s the same guy that told me I could get a nanny [to raise] your kids.
>>
>>2705020
Russo = delusional faggot. Universally, disliked by the old guard and irrelevant to the new.
>>
>>2705020
>reduced to a grey-bearded has-been begging for WWE senpai to notice him

the literal state of this guy
>>
>>2705020

Guess the Podcast business isn't as lucrative as Vinny thought.
>>
>>2705029
Seething smark detected
>>
>>2705036
Dumb le meme response detected.
>>
File: 1391223485964.gif (2MB, 385x325px) Image search: [Google]
1391223485964.gif
2MB, 385x325px
>>2705020
>I’ve reached out to Vince McMahon in the past week. He got back to me
Didn't even need to read the rest to know this is bullshit
>>
>>2705029
>>2705033
>>2705035
>>2705037
>>2705048
Reminder Vince reusing material Russo wrote 18 (EIGHTEEN) years ago e.g. This is Your Life. Vince is a neurotically stubborn man but could SERIOUSLY use better creative than the team of writers he has now.
>>
>>2705055
And how well did that "this is your life" segment go?
>>
>>2705036
Not seething or even close you dumbfuck. If you actually listened to any shoot interviews you'd know most simply disliked him for the person he was and his bone headed decisions. Russo worked best when he threw random shit on the wall and saw what stuck when McMahon filtered it.
>>2705037
Pretty much said it best.
>>2705055
Considering how his creative team most likely consists of a bunch of 'yes men' and his family, I'd agree but RUSSO? Its not the attitude era anymore and I'd prefer we avoid crowning another celebrity over an athlete.
>>
>>2705029
>>2705033
>>2705035
>>2705048

The City of Markaritaville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOJy9ud3fE
>>
>>2705055
Pssst.

This Is Your Life is a show from the 50s. Russo didn't come up with it.
>>
>>2705055

Which is probably the worst segment WWE has done in years, so that's all the more reason to keep Russo away.
>>
>>2705065
>McMahon filtered it
Have you seen todays ratings with McMahons filtering? It's reaching TNA levels
>>
>>2705083
That was the McMahon of then. The one of now is a shell of his former self. This is something I will not argue.
>>
>>2705083
The entire WWE (and WWF before it) has had McMahon's filtering since day one, you mark.
>>
>>2705065
>Vince filter meme

Bunch of revionist bullshit
>>
>>2705083
Smackdown Live viewership is already at TNA levels back before
Impact tried to go up against Monday Night Raw in '09
>>
>>2705029
Russo is liked & respected by Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray, AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, and many many more.

All you need to do is listen to his podcasts interviews with aforementioned names.

Now come up with a lame response to try and disregard this fact.
>>
>>2705118
X-Pac and Al Snow spoke highly of him too while ago on X-Pacs podcast
>>
>>2705118

The only reason Austin has him on one or 2 times a year is because it's promotion for another Podcast One show in exchange for doing shows with his ranch gardener every other week.

Who could probably write a better show than Russo.
>>
>>2705122
Listening to newest episode of Tony Schiavone's podcast. He praises Vince Russo for bringing structure to WCW.

He also calls out Meltzer on his BS which is great.
>>
File: based-corny.png (20KB, 581x193px) Image search: [Google]
based-corny.png
20KB, 581x193px
>>2705020
>>
>>2705132
Austin is the guy who helped Russo get on PodcastOne.

Austin has also been on Vince Russo's show on numerous occasions.....
>>
>>2705118
The only people who speak outright badly about Russo are Jim Cornetty and WWE™.

But Cornettey is shit. His booking was the worst in WWE history. WWE shit on Russo because they want the public to see Vince as the real genius of the Attitude Era. That's where the enitre "Vince was the filter" meme came from. And it's no surprise that it's meme because WWE fans are such fucking marks that they repeat everything that is said by them as fact and not as propaganda. WWE does this revisionism with everything to suit Vince's ego.
>>
>>2705132
Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were pro Vince Russo in WCW. When WCW replaced Russo...they quit.
>>
File: tyler willing to fight old man.jpg (51KB, 583x316px) Image search: [Google]
tyler willing to fight old man.jpg
51KB, 583x316px
Russo actually put over the Gay Cops since he stopped watching Raw and switched to SDL.

There, now all the Russo haters are now Russo lovers.
>>
>>2705144
Oh, and I forgot. Dave "PLANS CHANGED" Meltzer also hates Russo. He's also part of the meme why Russo is hated by smarks. Same thing with how they believe everything Vince and WWE says, they believe with Meltzer. Which is fucking funny because "UHHH PLANS CHANGED".
>>
File: 1482936231323.jpg (18KB, 426x398px) Image search: [Google]
1482936231323.jpg
18KB, 426x398px
>>2705150
honestly i've agreed with about everything vince has praised (which isn't much) and disliked about the current product since i began listening to his podcast.

for fuck sakes, when the broken matt shit began he was the only one that was praising it while whatcuckture and evyerbody else were completly shitting on it
>>
>>2705136

Aren't Russo and Cornette affiliated with Kayfabe Commentaries?
Which is a partner of Relm Network
>>
>>2705152
Same with Nash. Meltzer hates Big Kev.

Tony Schiavone is great calling Meltzer out on his BS. Fair but savage. Gives no fucks. Calls it like it is.
>>
>>2705152
Hearing Meltzer get castrated every week is fucking great.
Since Meltz likes to talk about wwe ratings tanking, I wonder how the subscriber numbers have looked since Russo exposed him.
>>
>>2705147
SMARKS BTFO
>>
>>2705161
An entire universe composed almost completely of empty space, and here you are replying to my post with this useless bullshit. Please leave and never, ever (You) me again.
>>
>>2705065
Worked.
>>
>>2705159
>whatcuckture and evyerbody else were completly shitting on it
On FagCulture YT channel they just put up a video on how WWE should book Broken Matt Hardy yet in my youtube recommendations
I still see WhatCulture Reaction video to TNA Final Deletion
Hypocrits
>>
Russo won't be at WWE because they want their yes men, not someone like Russo who will tell to Vinces face that the product is fucking shit.
>>
All this Russo talk reminds me
After Buff Bagwell and Raven finishing suing WWE over network royalities
Wonder if Vinny Ru should as well....
>>
>>2705178
Because they are e-drones. Like in the purest form.

They thought the entire wrestling community would be on their side but even casuals thought it was good. So like a week later they had to flop on their opinion because they didn't want to come off as retarded.
>>
>>2705178
WhatCulture is actual, physical trash. Do not mention them again.
>>
File: 1386366592797.png (124KB, 317x325px) Image search: [Google]
1386366592797.png
124KB, 317x325px
All of you are

LYING
Y
I
N
G

if you pretend that you wouldn't be extremely excited if Russo came back to WWE. Face it, the current state of WWE storyline and writing wise is horrendous, and aside from one or two storylines a year, it has been for many years now. 5 hours and 15 minutes of live programming a week and barely ANY of it is memorable.

Vince Russo was the writer for WWF for two years, and in those two years, the ratings for RAW when from consistent low-2's, to consistent high-6's. He literally

TRIPLED
R
I
P
L
E
D

the ratings in 2 (two) years. And he is absolutely right that one of the biggest reasons people tune into wrestling is because of the storylines, not the wrestling. Wrestling is fucking BORING to most people otherwise. Especially when the wrestlers are shorter and probably lighter and with less of a personality than they have.

Yes Russo was a disaster in the late 90s/early 00s, but who cares? Everything in WCW was a disaster at that time. Even the greatest of minds and most talented people have to be in the right environment to thrive, and if they're not, things can easily go sour. That's not a knock against Russo.

#BringBackRusso
>>
>>2705182
As opposed to a Russo-booked show that's 100x worse than anything wwe does.

He's a bottom feeder cocksucking faggot
>>
File: russo.jpg (120KB, 999x532px) Image search: [Google]
russo.jpg
120KB, 999x532px
>>2705229
TRIPLED
R
I
P
L
E
D
>>
>>2705252

Steve Austin's main event push is a much closer correlation to Raw's ratings increase.
>>
>>2705276
Steve Austin's main event push without good writing and storylines behind it means nothing. People tuned in because of the perfect combination of the two.
>>
>>2705285

Russo didn't even know what a push was, if it wasn't for Austin, Russo would suggest his miscarriage storyline as a main event instead.
>>
>>2705221
This.
>>
>>2705294
>Russo didn't even know what a push was
citation needed
>>
File: when Russo rejoins WWE.gif (497KB, 480x261px) Image search: [Google]
when Russo rejoins WWE.gif
497KB, 480x261px
>>2705221
THIS.
#BringBackRusso
>>
>>2705252
Based Big Ratings Russo
>>
>>2705221
This is true.

One of the things that made the AE great was being unpredictable, not knowing what you're going to get.

Were all of his ideas good? No, but that's the risk you have to take.
>>
>>2705294
>didn't know what a push was
Why is it when ever someone shades russo they use lines verbatim from cornies le shoot rant? That man is senile and makes up 90% of what he says. Also in case you haven't noticed he buries anybody who doesn't 100% agree with him and praises those who do. ehm is change of heart about haitch and nxt
>>
>>2705294
This is so misconstrued. What that means is that Russo did not focus good material on a select few while letting everyone else flounder, bro. Russo was intent on writing the best material for talent up and down the card, as it should be done, bro. He believed in doing his best to get all of the wreslters over, bro. That's where "not knowing what a push was" came from, bro.
>>
I fucking knew Jinder champion was Russo's idea.

I fucking said it too.

Only him could be so fucking delusional.
>>
>>2705090
Which is why it's always been terrible except the time he could steal ideas and talents from WCW/ECW

really makes ya think
>>
>>2705221
>Garbage Shock writer was successful in the era the Garbage Shock television was popular
Holy shit what an astute observation,Clouseau.

He wouldn't last a year in today's media environment. Any liberal news source with a brain would tear the WWE a new asshole with "righteous indignation" articles the second Russo wrote anything controversial. Sponsors would be jumping ship like drowning rats and WWE would go out of business within the decade.
There's a reason shows like Maury and Howard Stern aren't big names anymore. Shock television doesn't sell well in 2017.

I swear to Christ, all you Attitudefags have got to be a bunch of edgy teens who watched a "Best of the Attitude Era" compilation on the Network and now suddenly think you're fucking experts. The writing was as shit back then as it is now, if not worse.
Sucking the flaccid cock of stale nostalgia acts hoping to get one last spurt of ratings is never going to work.
>>
>>2707291
You are so dumb. Ever hear the expression that it's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're dumb, than open it and confirm it? You should have taken that advice.

>what makes you think Russo would have the final say in what gets approved (he wouldn't)
>what makes you think Russo doesn't regret much of his controversial storylines (he does, he's born again)
>what makes you think Russo isn't smart enough to know that shock television doesn't sell anymore
>what makes you think that Russo didn't have plenty of storylines in the 90s that weren't "shock TV"

The main draw of Russo would be that he'd actually be writing interesting storylines. It doesn't have to be Jerry Springer, and it wouldn't be. We just need unpredictable, intriguing, "what will they think of next" storylines that keep you actually wanting to tune in week after week instead of it being a chore most of the time and inertia since you've been doing it for so many years and you don't have a girlfriend so you've got nothing better to do on Monday nights, Tuesday nights, and Sunday nights.
>>
>>2705144
>His booking was the worst in WWE history.
Every time someone asks him to book a dream match, they are awful. The kind of shit not even worthy of B PPVs. It's hilarious and did the same thing again last night.

Samoa Joe vs Brock at wrestlemania in a submission match? LMAO
>>
>>2707318

Meh, that's better than the object on pole with 20 run-in cluster fuck Russo would book.
>>
>>2707311
You insult me then proceed to prove me right in the rest of your post.
>"#BringBackRusso his writing drew high ratings!"
>Because shock garbage was popular then, but isn't now
>"Then he just won't write that kind of stuff!"
Then why bring him back? The whole reason you wanted him back was because of that exact reason you now admit won't draw ratings.

>We just need unpredictable, intriguing, "what will they think of next" storylines that keep you actually wanting to tune in.."
Then actually spend money on hiring talented writers from t.v. and film instead of failed carny nostalgia acts and soap opera dropouts.

The advice you gave is great though, I'll admit. You provided a flawless example of it. I'll keep it in mind for the future, champ.
>>
Why does this board have so many unironic, unapologetic not-just-looking-for-(yous)-actually-believe-it Russo defenders?
>>
>>2707397
>Then why bring him back? The whole reason you wanted him back was because of that exact reason you now admit won't draw ratings.
I'm sorry where did I say that?
>>
File: 1476319916268.png (230KB, 524x469px) Image search: [Google]
1476319916268.png
230KB, 524x469px
>smarks in charge of not losing their shit at the mere sight of russo
>>
>>2707471
because this board and this site's entire identity is being diametrically opposed to whatever viewpoint is popular on reddit.
>>
>>2707471
TRIPLED
R
I
P
L
E
D
>>
Russo is a total bro, bro. If you don't like him you need to go back to woo and post your cornette maymays and jerk off to vanilla midgets
>>
>>2707471
there aren't even that many of them, just a few dedicated autists who do this shit all day.
>>
>>2707474
I assumed you wanted him back because his writing drew high ratings during his time there. Why else?

But that kind of writing wouldn't draw ratings because of its controversial style.

So now you want someone who can write interesting, unpredictable storylines. So why not just hire a competent script writer from t.v. and film instead of a nostagia act has-been who's signature writing can't draw crowds anymore?
>>
>>2707487
Russo didn't just write Springer-esque storylines. If you were 18+ you'd know this. Many of the most popular ones were not. Furthermore there's no reason to believe he couldn't tone things down.

>So why not just hire a competent script writer from t.v. and film
You'd rather have some Hollywood faggot over someone who's loved the business since childhood, and has proven success in it? Yeah and while we're at it why not replace all the wrestlers with Hollywood actors too.

Besides, most of the writers already are from a Hollywood ya dunce
>>
>>2707471
Found the Finny mark.
>>
>>2705020
Not enough "bros" to sound like Russo.
>>
>>2707291
>The writing was as shit back then as it is now, if not worse.
Not even close. I'll take Misfits in Action over the excrement we get now or anything we've gotten in WWE since 2000
>>
>>2707492
>You'd rather have a professional writer of intriguing, long term stories and well developed characters bring fresh ideas and opinions to WWE than bring back an egotistical carney who wants to relieve his former glory.

Yes, yes I do.

>"But he's loved the business since childhood! He cares about it surviving!"
I hate to break it to ya, but you can't "love" an industry back to life.

> most of the writers already are from a Hollywood
I don't think you can count washed-up, no-name soap opera writers as "Hollywood" these days.

Drop a couple hundred thousand and get a few of the writers from Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad to write promos. If WWE dropped the news they had hired a writer from Breaking Bad or Walking Dead, casual interest would spike just based on association.
>>
>>2705162
Link? I'm interested in hearing him talking about wrestling
>>
When did the "Russo is trash" meme actually take hold? He's responsible for some of the greatest moments in wrestling.
>>
>>2705076
Russo is at least competent enough to not just retread his own material.
>>
>>2705144
I think the reason he worked well with Vince McMahon is that VKM usually tries to think of wrestling as a business first, and because of that, certain things need to happen within a formula. It was just a matter of trying to shape a Russo idea to fit that with that structure. The dynamic was not a partnership. VKM was the boss, and he had final say on what did or didn't go foward on his show. I can't imagine how many time VKM would have had to explain why a Russo idea wouldn't work, or had to adapt that a decent concept to something that would actually work in wrestling.
>>
>>2707655
Russo was great for his time. I don't like the dude, but can honestly admit that.

The meme being forced here is that Russo not writing for WWE today is what's killing ratings.
>>
>>2707676
kek you can really tell that the Russo homers on here never actually watched any of his stints outside WWE

>>2707655
When he turned WCW into an even bigger garbagefire
>>
>>2707723
What if he did such stupid and erratic things as a last gasp to try and pull back ratings from WWF? Go hard or go home senpai
>>
>>2707762
It was all he could do with WCW's shitty contracts and everyone having "creative control". People just see all the garbage he put out there in WCW but forget how he pushed young guys and made some new stars as well.
>>
Reminder that Bret's autobio evn shades how repetitive and formulaic Russo's booking is

>>2707762
What if you had an actual argument instead of puny hypotheticals?

>>2707764
>I never watched "Powers That Be" era Nitro but here's my opinion
>>
>>2707693
>I can't imagine how many time VKM would have had to explain why a Russo idea wouldn't work, or had to adapt that a decent concept to something that would actually work in wrestling.
Oh yeah? You were there? I guess Russo is lying when he said he never had any angle of his get turned down during his WWE run.
>>
>>2707676
Senpai I'm gonna need you to watch some TNA during the Russo years
>>
>>2707655
Fire Russo chants date back 17 years iirc
>>
>>2707828
It was more entertaining than the shit we had pre or post Russo.
>>
>>2707858
>I've never watched it but here's my opinion
>>
>>2707862
No I did watch it and my opinion is that Russo's TNA was at least entertaining.
>>
>>2707875
>"entertaining"

That doesn't mean good.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.