[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WWE can't sell out shows any more >Meanwhile New

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 15

File: Untitled.png (90KB, 621x486px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
90KB, 621x486px
>WWE can't sell out shows any more
>Meanwhile New Japan is selling out shows WEEKS in advance

When will Vince wake up and realize his company is dying?
>>
Selling out shows of 200 people, kek. Irrelevant
>>
11,000 seat venue meanwhile Backlash didn't even draw 10k. Wew boy
>>
WWE Profits: $7.5 million (http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/07/28/wwe-q2-2016-full-revenue-break-tv-network-biz-segments/)

NJPW Profits: $2.9 million (https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/694370593198592000)

>dying
>>
>>2699279
Osaka-jo Hall sits like 16k people.
>>
>>2699279
>Selling out shows of 200 people, kek. Irrelevant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka-j%C5%8D_Hall
>>
>>2699284
>>2699285

75,245 people > 16,000 people

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2701461-wwe-wrestlemania-33-breaks-attendance-record-at-orlando-citrus-bowl

Do the math, son.
>>
>>2699293
>Comparing it to Wrestlemania
The desperation is palpable.
>>
>>2699283
the only reason WWE is ahead is because of the English language, Japan cannot really be big globally when Japan is the only country that speaks Japanese
>>
>>2699293
>comparing NJPW's "SummerSlam" to Mania for no reason
>believing WWE's worked attendance numbers like they were a shoot
>>
>>2699299
>>2699310
>moving the goal posts
love how you two think he cant cite wrestlemania attendance to prove his point; even if the numbers are inflated--and they are--its still more than njpw pulls in

get over it
>>
New Japan can't even fill the building for their Wrestlmania. and they havent in over 15 years. Yet WWE can sell out Wrestlemania and then RAW and Smackdown in the same town the next night
>>
>>2699318

He has no point. He just compares one PPV with Mania for no reason.

How about comparing it to Backlash?
>>
>>2699324
Dude just come out and say it: you want him to compare it to Backlash because it didn't do as hot as NJPWs. Makes your argument look better. And why do you keep saying no reason?
>>
>>2699303
>because of the English language

kek
>>
>>2699310
Compare Wrestle Kingdom to Wrestlemania then.

75,245 people > 26,192 people.
>>
>>2699334
No but why are you using wrestlemania for no reason? cant do that use one where NJPW wins I dont want you using Wrestlemania that doesnt count
>>
>>2699336
I see you can't address the fact that Wrestlemania outdrew Wrestle Kingdom by 50,000 people.

Or the fact that NJPW profits is $5 million short of WWE's profits.
>>
>>2699329

If you pick a random WWE PPV you might as well pick Backlash.

It is not like the WWE is filling football stadiums every week.

By the way: Mania didn't even sell that well either, the secondary market was pretty dead and the other show of the weekend had problems as well.

Is NJPW as big as the WWE? No, obviously not. But they are doing a much better job with what they have and they have lasting growth.

The growth of the WWE is almost entirely based on tv contracts that give the WWE rising revenue no matter how bad the ratings become. While almost every other number for growth is shrinking (bad rating, bad ticket sales, slowly growing Network that hardly produces a profit and so on)
>>
>>2699342

It was more 25k than 50k, because the actual attendance numbers for Mania were likely around 50-55k.

What is your point even? "Oh WWE is bigger than NJPW!" yeah...no shit, Sherlock.

It is still on the way down, while NJPW is growing considerable over the last couple of years. All the WWE has are overblown tv contracts that hide the actual situation.
>>
>>2699343
>By the way: Mania didn't even sell that well either, the secondary market was pretty dead and the other show of the weekend had problems as well.

WWE Profits: $7.5 million (http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/07/28/wwe-q2-2016-full-revenue-break-tv-network-biz-segments/)

>Is NJPW as big as the WWE? No, obviously not.

Damn right it's not. WWE on its literal worst year makes three to four times as much as NJPW on arguably one of its most profitable years.

NJPW Profits: $2.9 million (https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/694370593198592000)
>>
>>2699350
>because the actual attendance numbers for Mania were likely around 50-55k.

Your source for this is Dave "Automatic 5-star Ratings to Japanese Matches!" Meltzer or some other dirt sheet?
>>
>>2699354
>WWE on its literal worst year makes three to four times as much as NJPW on arguably one of its most profitable years

aaaand...?

I mean apart from the obvious fact, that the WWE is very close from dropping into the red zone, I'm still not sure what you want to tell us?
>>
>>2699357

Yes, my source is the guy who knows more about the business side of wrestling than any other person on the planet.
>>
>>2699363
Your source is the guy who says "I heard" and "my sources say".

The guy who said that Shibata's injury is a work.

>>2699361
>aaaand...?

NJPW is literally TNA tier when TNA was at its peak.
>>
>>2699361
>the WWE is very close from dropping into the red zone
>$7.5 million is dropping to the red zone

So is NJPW caught in an inescapable red zone known as a niche market or what? It only made $2.9 million on its most profitable runs supposedly.
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 640x621px
>>2699319

B-b-but Wrestleman-nia

Do you know how much of a faggot you are? First off, the WWE hasn't legitimately sold out wrestlemania in YEARS, YEARS. Those numbers are grossly inflated by around 10-15,000. RAW and Smackdown are also inflated to all hell and back. NJPW LEGITIMATELY sells out an arena without having to count their own staff or concessions into the number and here you are, downplaying this achievement when your company lies straight to your fat, acne-ridden face and tells you there are more people in the arena then there actually are and you fucking lap it up like a slut in a leash lapping up cum. Secondly, you keep bringing up wrestlemania and ONLY wrestlemania. Why don't you bring up the Alamodome which fell short of a sellout by 20,000 seats? You rely on a three day weekend to imply that WWE isn't dying and still sells out arenas (which I've already deduced as false), doesn't this mean that they're NOT selling out any venues for the other 362 days in the year? They can't even sell out Madison Square Garden anymore. NJPW is a company that doesn't need to lie or inflate their attendance numbers. They're a company with integrity, something your company lacks. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>2699372
So it is true that Wrestle Kingdom can't even fill up Tokyo Dome.

Sad.
>>
>>2699367

NJPW makes 2.9 million profit from a revenue of...what was it? 36 million or so?

The WWE makes 7.5 million from a revenue of 700+ million.

So what company is closer to go into the negative? The one with a ~8% profit margin or the one with a 1% profit margin?

The WWE only needs a small bump in their revenue to be in the red. NJPW needs a 8+% collapse of the revenue to end up in the negative.
>>
>>2699365
Your source is literal WWE propaganda
>>
>>2699379
>NJPW makes 2.9 million profit from a revenue of...what was it? 36 million or so?

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2017/02-09-2017-133041348

Thanks for bringing up that WWE is making record revenue.

It's like saying the Blair Witch Project made loads of profit on a shoestring budget but still can't deal with the billions of dollars made by a superhero movie.
>>
>>2699380
And your source is a literal puroresu gaijin otaku.
>>
>>2699382
>Thanks for bringing up that WWE is making record revenue.

Because of a tv contract that will likely be cursed to hell by the USA network at this point and that is up in 2 years.
>>
>>2699377
WWE can't even sell out Ryogoku with Lesnar AND Cena.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 640x359px
>>2699377

I find it sad how a company as giant as WWE in the United States can't even draw 4,000 tickets for Smackdown, for a show after a PPV. You have NJPW with a legitimate sellout slapping you in the face like a fat, Japanese dick, something WWE has not done in only God knows when and you're attempting to talk shit about NJPW? You're on their payroll aren't you? You have to be.
>>
>>2699303
Ok, even if that was the case, which is very likely, that isn't the point he's is trying to make here. The data still shows that WWE isn't fucking dying.
>>
>>2699383
>somebody's taste in reviews having any bearing on their credibility as a journalist

Aww, is somebody upset his favourite by-the-numbers WWE-style finisher spam kickout fest didn't get 5 snowflakes?
>>
File: CJx6f_YUwAAm42j.jpg (63KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CJx6f_YUwAAm42j.jpg
63KB, 600x400px
Vince doesn't need to wake up and realize his company is dying. In fact, I hope he doesn't wake up because if he's asleep then he can't do anything about it.

Let's just appreciate that there are companies besides the Double You Double You E that can fill big arenas and draw big gates, companies that are growing and becoming more popular and letting wrestlers become known and make great livings. Dominion with its ticket prices will probably pull in over $1 million in ticket sales alone.

It looks to be a great show, and English commentary too so no excuses. Y'all should watch.
>>
>>2699382
>revenue

I love it when the Stamford Wives parrot this without even realising that on its own it's a meaningless stat
>>
>>2699388
And it's still making more than your niche bingo hall tier promotion with a dying Bullet Club that's going the way of the NWO in its dying days.
>>
>>2699386
And as for the rest of the world, WWE is making 4-5 times more than your niche Japanese company.

Sad.

>>2699391
>dying company
>makes record revenue
>had a new feeder system for new stars and talent
>recognized brand worldwide while NJPW is TNA tier or territory tier in profits

U-huh. If $7 million is dying, is $2 million in limbo?
>>
>>2699393
Except they did make a record revenue that when their expenses are accounted for, they still got a tidy sum of $7 million in profits that allows Cena to pay for his oversized suits and huge mansion.
>>
File: image.jpg (392KB, 1280x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392KB, 1280x956px
>>2699394

"A-a-and it's still making more"

Currency exchange, retard. The dollar is way more valuable than yen. No shit the WWE is making a bigger profit, they SHOULD be. They BETTER be. But this wasn't the point of the thread, this is about attendance and selling out shows. Read the OP, you fucking retard. Or are you just changing the conversation to money because you're getting your boypussy pounded and you're on the losing end of this conversation? YOU CAN'T SELL OUT ARENAS ANYMORE, I say you because you are obviously a WWE employee, otherwise, you wouldn't shill so valiantly for them. You're not fucking selling out anymore, you're counting the guy who throws out peanuts and makes hot dogs as a PAYING customer in your overall attendance. Do you know how fucking sad and pathetic that is? Face it, E-drone. Your company is fucking garbage and nobody, NOBODY is coming to your shows anymore because you suck.
>>
>>2699389

When ratings are crashing and burning, your ticket sales are bad and all that keeps you alive is a tv contract the network would likely want to change by now, you are walking on a dark path.

The core problem of the WWE is that the company is so big it feels it is untouchable. It has eradicated all direct measuring methods for a good and successful product (ratings, PPV buys) and they don't have real competition anymore.

But that also means they are getting lazy as fuck and don't even try to produce a good product anymore, because it doesn't matter.

IF a PPV card is bad, that won't directly influence the network numbers too much, specially if it is a C show like Backlash. So Jinder ended up in the main event.

If ratings plummet it doesn't really matter, because the WWE gets it's raise regardless. That only harms the USA network at least until the contract is up.

The rise of NJPW and all the indie shows is probably a sign, that a lot of wrestling fans have turned away form the WWE and are now looking for wrestling elsewhere.

And the WWE can buy all those guys from NJPW, PWG and RoH, but if they then become just another WWE guy, it won't help and won't bring the indie fans back for long.
>>
>>2699394
>BizCliz
>dying

They're about to sweep at Dominion for a bunch of titles

>>2699397
I'm just pointing out that your big-time WWE can't even outdraw New Japan's equivalent to Ziggler.

>Drumpfposting

>>2699400
Only $7 million in profits for a company that allegedly trades in billions? Pathetic.
>>
>>2699411
"N-NJPW is going to get over worldwide, r-right guise?"

Can't even make $7 million.
>>
>>2699414
>They're about to sweep at Dominion for a bunch of titles

Paper champs since los ingobernables de japon is stealing their thunder.

They're at the NWO phase of where every last WCW wrestler from WWF was part of the NWO. inb4 them getting their own PPV.
>>
>>2699414
>I'm just pointing out that your big-time WWE can't even outdraw New Japan's equivalent to Ziggler.

And I'm pointing out that your NJPW at its peak can't match WWE's profits at its worst. Literally TNA tier.
>>
>>2699319
Look at the eDrone falling for WWE's phony Wrestlemania numbers. Wow the staff gets counted as attendance, and they still can't sell out. Time to go back to the bingo halls too. LOL

As you for, you're fucking pathetic and a borderline mongoloid.
>>
>>2699418
>I have no idea what I'm talking about, don't even watch, but here's my opinion

>>2699416
Compare how many countries WWE plays to compared to New Japan.

Then feel like an idiot.

Then hang yourself.
>>
>look up the njpw summerslam card
>LITERALY WHO'S
losing interest...
>lookup the roster
>no qt divas
ANNNNNNND FUCKING DROPPED.

le slap really hard and scream really loud wrestling is gayy.
>>
File: image.png (30KB, 631x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30KB, 631x441px
>>2699397

"Record revenue"

Bitch, shut the fuck up. Revenue literally doesn't matter when ratings are plummeting, year and year after year. No one's coming to see the shows, ratings are bleeding. Two years ago, it was 3.5 million. 1 year ago, it was 3 million. Now it's 2.5 million. Every fucking year, attendance is declining and no one even bothers to watch the show anymore. And the scary thing is, this is only getting started. Holy fuck, I cannot wait until Football season. I want to see the reactions here when the ratings plummet and sink into the center of the fucking earth. Oh fuck, it's going to be glorious.
>>
>>2699426
>LITERALY WHO'S

I thought Americans spoke English.
>>
>>2699427
>when you're mad is so mad it works itself
kek. highest rated show on its network. top 5 regularly on tv. they're going to get a sweet deal next contract. stay mad kiddo. WWE will always be da king
>>
>>2699438
>Top 5

RAW is the Jannetty to fucking Love & Hip-Hop
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 640x586px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 640x586px
>>2699416

The answer is yes, you walking abortion. And they will be very, VERY over. When's the last time you saw enthusiasm like this for a WWE event? When's the last time you saw WWE sellout in under 2 hours? No one, NO ONE cares about the WWE anymore and the ratings and attendance numbers speak for themselves.
>>
>>2699380
And your source is a guy that said that Shibata injury was a work, that AJ was going to RAW and that Corbin was going to beat Orton at SS.
>>
>>2699438

They already didn't get the deal they wanted last time, when the ratings where still okay...
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 265x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 265x244px
>>2699438

"They're going to get a sweet deal next contract"

PFFTTTTHAHAHAHA. My mistake, I thought you were serious for a second, you're just trolling. Carry on, Mr. Troll. That or you are by far, the stupidest fucking e-drone shill on planet earth.
>>
>>2699427
The funny thing is that ''record revenue'' is 1/3 from tv.

TV is guaranteed rising income, by contract, until the contract expires or is terminated.

Until the contract expires.

Then it's when ratings come down to mattering.
>>
>>2699438
WWE got lowballed on their present deal and they had millions of additional viewers at that time
>>
>>2699467
And the WWE didn't care because they had the Network to supplement the lowballing.

They're getting In Your House levels of ratings yet still making a profit 3 to 4 times more than the territorial level profit of NJPW.
>>
>>2699448
>the answer is yes
>can't even make $7 million
>can't even make WWE level revenue
>can't even get a TV deal
>can't even make Global Force Wrestling to work with the assistance of the OG Bullet Club

Ganbare.
>>
>>2699456
Which is fine since they have the Network. That's why they're not bleeding money.
>>
>>2699447
NJPW doesn't even have a TV deal in America.
>>
>>2699482

The Network is hardly breaking even as it is...
>>
>>2699486
And yet they made $7 million in profits.

If at this level of revenue (record breaking, by the way) and profits you claim that nobody (in America) cares about the WWE, what more NJPW with its lack of a television name or household names that casuals are familiar with? If by your metric, $7 million is a dying WWE, what more $2 from a territory-tier company?
>>
>>2699489

It's like reasoning with a puppet. Holy fuck. No matter how many times you rip apart his argument, he just repeatedly yells "Record revenue profits 7 million territory" while sticking his fingers in his ear. Holy fuck.
>>
>>2699497
>It's like reasoning with a puppet.

So you have no rebuttal to >>2699480

The only reason $2 million is profitable for NJPW is because it's small fries. It has a small pond standard.

Put it in the big leagues like America or a worldwide audience, and it drowns like the territories that WWF shut down in the 1980s.
>>
>>2699489
>And yet they made $7 million in profits.

Look at the profit from Q1 2017...
>>
>>2699506
>moving goalposts already

So you can't rebut that the WWE made more revenue and profit than your TNA-tier company?
>>
>>2699509
They might very well have done so in Q1.

But that was never the point. The point is, that the WWE is steering towards problematic times if they don't improve the quality of their product. Meanwhile NJPW is growing very well and is easily compensating for severe set-backs.
>>
>>2699518
>problematic times
>still makes millions of dollars

???

It's not even near WCW or TNA levels of despair, and TNA is still up and running.
>>
File: C7XgGDhV4AE0kRh.jpg (114KB, 1079x1079px) Image search: [Google]
C7XgGDhV4AE0kRh.jpg
114KB, 1079x1079px
>>2699504
But... any company that profits $2 million is a profitable company.
>>
>>2699504

No, we do have rebuttals, but when we DO demolish and rip apart all of your tired, regurgitated arguments, you literally just don't listen and continue spewing this mindless garbage. I can easily rip apart his argument but I won't because he'll just continue saying "record revenue" repeatedly. It's like talking to 1st graders, holy fucking shit. I have never come across a group of people dumber and more fucking retarded than e-drones.
>>
>>2699518
>Meanwhile NJPW is growing very well and is easily compensating for severe set-backs.

So where is the NJPW American TV deal?

Oh right, Global Force Wrestling folded and Okada was a jobber on TNA.
>>
>>2699523
Then WWE profits greater than they are with several million more.

It's funny how $2 million is great for NJPW yet even more than that is "dying" for WWE (which is all green from stocks to profits by the way).
>>
>>2699484
So it's not being outdrawn by a poor man's Flava of Love? Got it.

>>2699474
kek imagine knowing this little about the company you shill for

>>2699526
The current WWE World Champion was a jobber in a 5th-rate puro company, your point?
>>
>>2699525
You never ripped apart the fact that WWE makes more money than NJPW and NJPW is only "profitable" because it's a smaller company.

>>2699529
So NJPW still doesn't have a TV deal in America?
>>
>>2699528
I'd ask you to compare the profit margins of the 2 companies and convert them to percentages but I have a feeling that much math might kill you.
>>
>>2699521
>???

Only because of the TV deal...but you can be as blind as the E "ratings don't matter" drones and just pretend everything is alright all you want.
>>
>>2699526

This piece of shit right here, I am fully convinced he is Sam Roberts or Peter Rosenberg or Kevin Dunn. I know you guys like to make meme assumptions of WWE staff posting here but holy fuck, I am almost entirely convinced this is WWE staff. There's no way someone so schizophrenic and actively out of touch with reality isn't working on behalf of the WWE.
>>
>>2699518
>WWE is steering towards problematic times
literally no indication of that. they have a top 10 streaming service in america. they're a regular top 5 ratings on tv period, and their highest rated show on USA network. their minor ppvs sell upwards of 10k regularly. their major ppvs sell upwards of 50k regularly. their house shows do upwards of 3k. they're the top in the world with no real competition for as far as the eye can see

meanwhile njpw can't even get 15k to subscrive to their stream in japan. their biggest show can barely draw 25k.

these are the facts but. your just grasping at straws. njpw is niche and will never touch wwe
>>
>>2699535
>I'd ask you to compare the profit margins of the 2 companies

It doesn't really matter because a smaller company that sells at a smaller amount will always gain bigger percentages than a billion dollar company with more capital, but the fact remains that the billion dollar company makes more.

For example, if I'm making 50% profits off of commissions it doesn't matter since they're peanuts compared to the actual numbers of WWE.
>>
>>2699536
And NJPW doesn't even have a TV deal. It's virtually unknown in the U.S. and more so in many of the countries that WWE covers.

>>2699539
>doesn't have a rebuttal
>muh WWE staff

kek
>>
>>2699534
PWG doesn't have a US TV deal either, it's still doing better than Impact Wrestling
>>
>>2699539
Stop getting mad at facts.
>>
>>2699545
PWG is also a smaller company than WWE. I dare say even smaller than TNA at its current rock bottom phase.

It's almost as if there's no point in bringing it up.
>>
>>2699543
>And NJPW doesn't even have a TV deal. It's virtually unknown in the U.S. and more so in many of the countries that WWE covers.

and?

They already make a third of the profit the WWE makes. That is how bad the WWE works and how little Vince's profit margin is.
>>
>>2699541
>your

Only somebody this basic could think house shows drawing 3K is impressive.
>>
>>2699548
>and?

And it will forever be niche until then. Smaller than fucking TNA right now.

Even if the WWE dies tomorrow casual people in America won't suddenly end up tuning in to NJPW because they don't have a means of tuning in.
>>
>>2699547
>I dare say

That would be pretty dumb considering you're replying to a post stating that it doesn't.

You illiterate turd.
>>
>>2699549
3k is the minimum they draw for SDL in shitty locales with no Cena on the tour.
>>
>>2699549
>can't rebut facts that hurt his feelings
>resorts to nitpicking grammar

Tell me how I know you're losing this debate.

>>2699552
>just because a post claims something that means it's true

TNA is bigger than either PWG or NJPW in terms of USA awareness exactly because they have a TV deal.
>>
>>2699542
The point is that WWE is spending a lot more money to make a little more money.
>>
>>2699556
New Japan has sold more seats in the USA this year than Impact has and NJPW hasn't even run a show yet.

>Tell me how I know you're losing this debate.

At least I'm not losing middle school grammar class...

>>2699553
That's like dark Diesel days tier, lad.
>>
>>2699557
Like Disney or any conglomerate? Also, 7 million isn't a little money since its many times more than the billions of yen that NJPW is making on its territory-tier prime.
>>
>>2699559
>New Japan has sold more seats in the USA this year than Impact has
>in the USA

Sources for that.

inb4 Meltzer.

>That's like dark Diesel days tier, lad.

And yet they're still making more than NJPW at its prime.
>>
>OP makes a thread about sellouts, attendance and the overall populace interested in attending a wrestling show at any given time
>"Okay, but which company makes more money?"
>"Okay but which number is bigger, 7 million or 2.9 million?"
>"Okay but which company is bigger?"
>"Okay, you don't have a rebuttal?"

Hey faggot, do YOU have a rebuttal?
See, this is why you faggots are so hated all over the Internet. No one fucking likes you because of shit like this. You talk about moving goalposts when the intended conversation was about attendance and you faggots moved it to financials. You guys are pathetic, you are angry because you literally cannot win the attendance argument, your financial arguments are also torn apart by posts in this thread by posters talking about profit margins. Are you guys really this fucking dense, really this mindless? NJPW is GROWING. WWE is SHRINKING. That's all there is to it, shit like "record revenue" do not matter when the momentum is on NJPW's side. Holy shit, children. It's like talking to children.
>>
>>2699566
>>OP makes a thread about sellouts, attendance and the overall populace interested in attending a wrestling show at any given time
>>"Okay, but which company makes more money?"

OP should've ended his thread there because he can't win that debate.
>>
>>2699566
>NJPW is GROWING. WWE is SHRINKING.

Call me when NJPW has a TV deal and a show that draws higher ratings than Raw.
>>
>>2699566
>the intended conversation was about attendance
>do YOU have a rebuttal?
yes, WWE consistently draws more many times over than njpw. it's not even close. it's been mentioned a few times ITT.
>and you faggots moved it to financials
to further hit the nail on the head that WWE is untouchable
>>
>>2699551

WWE is fucking niche at this point.

How many WWE """"Superstars"""" apart from Cena and Lesnar are known to people who don't care for wrestling at this point?

That the WWE is overall bigger in absolute numbers was never the point.

Hell, that NJPW is so much smaller and still outdraws the WWE with a PPV at around the same time makes the WWE look even worse. And we are not talking about a PPV in some small city, we are talking about a PPV the third largest city in the US with a large number of wrestling fans. But the booking was so bad and the program so boring, that they didn't even came close to selling out the venue.

Meanwhile a company with about 1/20 of the revenue in a smaller country sells out a venue of similar size about 2 weeks in advance. Because the booking makes sense, the card is great and the people can't wait to see rematch of what already is the Match of the Year (if the don't top themselves at Dominion that is).
>>
>>2699572

Call me when Raw, Smackdown or any WWE event legitimately sells out an arena. I wouldn't get your hopes up, you might be sitting here a while.
>>
>>2699578
>WWE is fucking niche at this point.

If WWE is niche at making a record breaking revenue and $7 million in profit, what more NJPW and its piddly $2 million profits, a show with no TV deal, no known local wrestlers outside of Japan, and a Bullet Club that's wearing out its welcome like the NWO in WCW?
>>
>>2699591
>Call me when Raw, Smackdown or any WWE event legitimately sells out an arena.

That's also the reason why WWE makes far more than NJPW or even WCW in its prime. If its TV fails, it still has house shows to fall back on, resulting in Vince McMahon (as CM Cuck says) making money in spite of himself.
>>
>>2699562
Impact hasn't sold a seat in the USA all year.

>>2699560
>7 million isn't a little money since its many times more than the billions of yen

1 Billion Yen is almost 9 Million $.

Good job BTFOing yourself you illiterate, innumerate twat.
>>
>>2699595
Hose show attendance has been dropping hard over the last 2 years.
>>
>>2699593

Are you trying to set a new world record in missing the point in posts on the internet or something?

This is not about NJPW being bigger than the WWE...
>>
>>2699599
Yet still making money and game revenue plus merchandise sales are up.

>>2699600
The point being is that NJPW isn't really ever going to compete with WWE unless it has a TV deal and a worldwide reach. Wishing the WWE would die so that NJPW would win by default is a pipe dream.
>>
>>2699600

Don't even bother responding to the mentally handicapped, they have enough trouble as is. He's fucking retarded and no matter what, he'll continue throwing out the same inane, retarded, useless buzzwords which have been proven null several times in this thread alone. He has no point, he cannot win an argument so just do what his parents and everybody who has the misfortune of knowing him in person do: ignore him.
>>
>>2699605
>The point being is

No, that was never the point.

The point is a smaller company is selling out a big venue 2 weeks in advance while the WWE hardly sells 10k tickets for a PPV at around the same time, because their product is shit and it has started to catch up on them.
>>
>>2699607
>desperately implies that WWE is dying in the OP
>show that WWE is all green in profits
>goes REEEEEE and uses ad hominem to cover the fact that their entire argument has been BTFO

Congrats. You owned yourself.
>>
>>2699610
>selling out big
>WWE Profits: $7.5 million (http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/07/28/wwe-q2-2016-full-revenue-break-tv-network-biz-segments/)
>NJPW Profits: $2.9 million (https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/694370593198592000)

I mean, $2.5 million is what the WWE pays its top wrestlers. Also, even if house show numbers are down, the WWE does more house shows than NJPW does, so it still makes more money.

You can't win.
>>
>>2699611
>ignoring any number of meaning but a bloated revenue

Even the profit for 2016 was shit and that was WITH a record setting revenue. If anything it should have been around 50+ million, not 7.5.
>>
>>2699616

>Can't win attendance argument
>Shifts the argument to financials
>Tells other people "You can't win"

The absolute irony. The nerve of this fucking e-drone.
>>
>>2699621
I mean, it's quite impressive that the WWE is operating all green and with profits in light of what it's spending.

Especially when you consider the fact that the Network is a long-term investment that will also cover any losses they would have in the future.

Hence why WWE is making 3-4 times more than NJPW at its best. It's certainly not operating at a loss like, say, YouTube, WCPW, or TNA.
>>
>>2699616
>You can't win.

You don't even know what game we are playing.
>>
>>2699319
>New Japan can't even fill the building for their Wrestlmania.
Neither can WWE.

we have the official numbers for last year now, 20k empty seats

> Yet WWE can sell out Wrestlemania

lol no they can't
>>
>>>2699625
>attendance argument

See: >>2699293
>>2699334

Non-Attitude-Era WWE still beats NJPW (at its prime).
>>
File: NJPW.jpg (491KB, 1880x2198px) Image search: [Google]
NJPW.jpg
491KB, 1880x2198px
the state of this thread
>>
>>2699629
>Neither can WWE.
>we have the official numbers for last year now, 20k empty seats
>official numbers

d. meltzer

Even if for the sake of argument it is true, the fact still remains:

55,245 people > 26,192 people.

That on top of their huge revenue on everything from movies to games covering up their expenses and giving them a tidy $7.5 million profit.
>>
>>2699626
>that will also cover any losses they would have in the future.

Without a tv contract the network will wither in die in like 2 years. They push it on every show and still didn't touch the 2 million mark. Without tv they would just bleed subs after a while.
>>
>>2699638
This.
>>
>>2699638
The only ones REEEing are weebcucks who get their feelings hurt when facts are spoken about how small NJPW is compared to the WWE.
>>
>>2699641
>Without a tv contract

They have three. How many American/International TV contracts does NJPW have?

Oh right, GFW died.
>>
>>2699640
>55,245 people > 26,192 people.

>much smaller company
>still sells almost have as many tickets as the Big Dog WWE
>>
>>2699640
330 million population vs 120 million

About right.

Doesn't change the fact that WWE used to be able to fill stadiums and now isn't any longer.
>>
>>2699654
So you admit $2.5 million is only impressive because it's such a small company?

Literally big fish small pond (the Indies) mentality?

>>2699657
Not only 330 million population. WWE also caters to multiple markets (hence their huge overhead but still they get a tidy profit when all is said and done).
>>
>>2699660
>So you admit $2.5 million is only impressive because it's such a small company?

Man, not even NJPW could sell out that free space in your head. This is embarrassing.
>>
>>2699660
>Not only 330 million population. WWE also caters to multiple markets (hence their huge overhead but still they get a tidy profit when all is said and done).

And yet they still didn't sell out Backlash and SD Live.
>>
>>2699605
>game revenue

I cannot think of anything less give-a-shit worthy. This isn't 1998.

>>2699652
GFW hasn't had anything to do with New Japan in literally years.
>>
>>2699596
>>2699596
>>2699596
>e-drone ITT still hasn't replied to his BTFOing
>>
>>2699660
>tide profit
lmao who writes like this? Was that other anon right, are you literally Kevin Dunn?
>>
>>2699638
I watch NJPW and this is accurate. Like i'd want NJPW to be popular enough for normies to appropriate.
>>
>>2699638
t. E Drone terrified that they are going out of business by the end of the decade.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 400x400px
>>2700664

BASED. Are you as excited as I am to get the ratings tomorrow for today's Memorial Day RAW? Oh man. It's going to be fucking sweet when they hit sub 2,000,000 viewers. Holy shitttt. E-Drones on suicide watch.
>>
>>2699274
Who cares? Why do you retards cape for companies that don't give a shit about you?

NJPW is going to grow because of how small it is. That's just how these things work. WWE is also growing, just not in a traditional way and very slowly. That's why that guy kept spamming "record revenue." Entertainment companies constantly spend more and more money on exposure and the overall product. This can result in lower profit margins, but overall higher revenue. The goal is finding out what works and what doesn't.
>>
>>2701028
>This can result in lower profit margins, but overall higher revenue.

Business 101: this is bad.
>>
File: IMG_4536.jpg (291KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4536.jpg
291KB, 1200x675px
holy fuck GOAT JAPAN making the E drones fucking SEETHE
>>
>Backlash didn't even sell out in Chi-Town
>>
File: 1289912921134.jpg (133KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1289912921134.jpg
133KB, 500x458px
>>2701028
>WWE is also growing, just not in a traditional way and very slowly.
AHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>RATINGS HAVE FALLEN 40% THE LAST 5 YEARS
>ATTENDANCE IS AT ALL TIME LOWS FOR HOUSE, RAW, SD, AND PPV
>WWE HAS BEEN PROVEN TO INFLATE THEIR ATTENDANCE NUMBER BY 50% (SEE WRESTLEMANIA 33) TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK BETTER
>>WWE is also growing, just not in a traditional way and very slowly.
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>2699283
>750 million revenue
>7.5 million profit

Sad!
>>
>>2699283
>WWE spends 750 million to make 7.5 million
>New Japan spends <30 million to make 2.9 million
>>
>>2699372
>>2699423
>>2699629
>autistic samefaggot weeb seething

kill yourself.
>>
>>2699616
>WWE is paying it's top talent 1/3rd of it's profit

This is how incredibly bloated WWE is.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 640x349px
>>2703849

Suck a dick, E-drone.
>>
>>2699616
>WWE takes $750 million to make $7.5 million profit
>New Japan takes $33 million to make $2.9 million profit

Who's actually making more money again?
>>
>>2699712
>he's still not replied
>>
>>2699394
There are people who unironically think this way. Like they legitimately are convinced they are right, and watch WWE. Could you be anymore pathetic?

Imagine actually defending WWE's product. Like actually going "I'm going to attack a better show I don't watch because I'm an obese loser who has watched a children's show my entire life".

>>2699420
>Literally TNA tier

TIL anything not as good as WWE is an instant failure. Using this metric for wrestling in 2017.
>>
I hope both of these companies implode. They're both shitty and wrestling needs to fuck off this board. So sick of reading about this garbage
>>
Why are there so many idiots saying NJPW doesn't have a TV deal? AXS is a TV deal, and the get a couple hundred thousand viewers a week. Not bad for a Japanese company.

Literally everyone knows WWE is a factually larger company than NJPW. The point is that one is growing at a really healthy rate in Japan, and the other one is rapidly shrinking their audience, with people ceasing to give a shit about their garbage promotion.

NJPW sold out Dominion with 11k seats with 13 days left to the event. Circlejerk all you want about your "bingo halls", but know that you're a bottom-feeding hack who is super insecure about a TV show you watch by saying it.
>>
>>2703976
You're doing the SAME THING. Nobody gives a fuck about mandrama anymore.
>>
Relative to their respective sizes and markets, wouldn't NJPW be more successful?
>>
>>2704690
Yep. That's why they're trying to expand out. That being said, their shit is never gonna draw dimes outside of japan until they put English commentary on all the shows and translate the promos.

Having better matches with part of your audience locked out of the language component only gets you so far.
>>
File: naitospittana.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
naitospittana.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>>2703972
>>
>>2703980
>Nobody gives a fuck about mandrama anymore.
Doesn't that favor NJPW too?
>>
>>2703972
You realize there isn't enough content and traffic to justify this board's existence without wrestling, right?

All the other "alternative sports" are parasites to our wrestling board, not the other way around.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.