[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not feeling the hype

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
I've watched about three of her matches now. She's pretty good, but not amazing. She has a great elbow drop, but as far as I can tell that's about it. She works nice and tight and quick, so I will give her credit for that, but so do many other women. I'd rather watch more Nikki Cross matches.
>>
i agree

stardom was super hyped online but it's just women's wrestling with back hand springs

kalisto is better than any of the women I've seen in stardom desu
>>
>>2696212
BPPWTAS
>>
>>2696212
You got worked by a bunch of stamford wives who've never seen her wrestle and instantly believed all the hype. 95% of her appeal as an in ring performer is legitimately just the elbow drop, whether people admit it or not.

She's a GOAT babyface though, that part is true.
>>
>muh movez
>>
>>2696220
What does this have to do with Based Jinder?
>>
>>2696235
jinder: BBPP
kairi: BPP
get a clue
>>
>>2696212
Kairi is an overrated wrestler. Better than most but still, overrated. She's not the best in the world or the second or even the third.
>>
>>2696241
She's the fourth, which is pretty good, and she'll be the best in the WWE once she starts wrestling there
>>
>>2696241
So Asuka was right when she said Joshi weren't as good as they thought they were?

Who is the actual best in the world right now?
>>
>>2696250
I don't know what you call best. I'm more entertained by Charlotte, Asuka, and Nikki Cross matches than anything I've seen so far from Kairi.

Shit, I'd rather watch Kris Wolf matches.
>>
>>2696212
she's only as good as her opponent

Io is the one who can wrestle circles around every wrestler in the ring with her
>>
>>2696250
Asuka is better
>>
>>2696252
Meiko Satomura imo
>>
>>2696258
Yes, I've watched several Io matches now and I can say her reputation is more deserved. But she is so small I am not sure how that will work for her in the WWE. She's Alexa Bliss sized and WWE needs less small women, not more.
>>
>>2696252
>Who is the actual best in the world right now?
The unironic answer is Asuka.
>>
>>2696263
Her size really doesn't matter. She's stronger than almost every woman on the roster despite being small.
>>
>>2696266
Good joke.
>>
>>2696266
No it isn't. She'd lucky to crack the top 5 even in her prime.
>>
>>2696255
>kris wolf
Ah, so you're one of those people
>>2696259
Nah
>>
>>2696252
Io Shirai absolutely shits on everyone, it's not even a meme
>>
>>2696276
>>2696280
She's more entertaining than any woman in Joshi. Puroresu is overrated in general, and Joshi especially is lacking in personality right now. It's just little women doing movez on each other interspersed with very boring matches against crappy gaijins. That's why she was going to retire until she came to the US.

When she goes back to Japan I figure she'll run her own promotion and that will be quite a good thing.
>>
Does this have English commentary? I might watch some, but not if it's just gibberish screaming.
>>
>>2696287
She's very athletic and is one of the few women working today who have some snap to their movements, so I will say she is among the best in the ring. The singular best? I don't know...

And people really hate to admit it but Candice Lerae is quite good in the ring. I guess she's too "tumblr" or something to count.
>>
>>2696266
Kek. She's slightly above average at best
>>
>>2696292
nope
>>
>>2696289
>lacking in personality
How hypocritical of her
>>
>>2696287
No she doesn't. Meiko out performs her everytime they wrestle. Io is a close second as far as the best go.
>>
>>2696287
Old fat ugly women like LuFisto are just as good, but you can't easily fap to her so she never gets mentioned.
>>
>>2696289
>women doing movez on each other
That's literally every Asuka match ever, only instead of movez it's just kicks. She's got a nice flying armbar and that's about it. Mediocre at everything else
>>
>>2696298
But meiko is a man desu, this thread is about joshi
>>
>>2696300
It's less about movez and it is about working to the live crowd. Her matches remain hype throughout, which is a tough thing to accomplish in the US for women.
>>
>>2696300
don't forget the suplex
>>
File: vlcsnap-98701[1].png (268KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-98701[1].png
268KB, 512x384px
>>2696295
NWWL revival when?
>>
>>2696294
In terms of doing moves in the ring, yes. But wrestling isn't all about your "repertoire".
>>
>le Asuka is good meme is still a thing in May of 2017
Yikes.
>>
File: 12893498239.jpg (310KB, 498x803px) Image search: [Google]
12893498239.jpg
310KB, 498x803px
>I'd rather watch Nikki "hyper autismo Becky" Cross
Good one.

Things that make Kairi great are: she's cute, she has a lot of character, she's a great babyface, and she's technically good but not great imo - better than anyone else in Stardom not named Io and better than about everyone in WWE.

Io is in fact superior technically as a wrestler. Nobody can rival her in WWE accept probably Asuka. It's been a long time since they've worked a match together so it'll be really interesting to see if Asuka can hang with her if it in fact happens.
>>
>>2696255
>>2696286
>kris wolf may actually be the top draw in stardom now
>>
>>2696313
It's crazy. Boresuka is the sole reason that the nxt women's division went from good to WOAT. Her push destroyed everything that the previous women had built. She's had the most boring title reign of any wrestler since the man whose cock she sucks
>>
>>2696286
One of those people who enjoy watching charismatic wrestlers?
>>
>>2696314
If someone describes a wrestler as cute I disregard their opinion.
>>
>>2696314
It'll be a good match, but the lead up will be atrocious. Two Japanese women doing broken engrish interviews to hype up their feud?
>>
>>2696314
Asuka will be on the way out by the time Io gets to NXT. The match probably won't ever happen
>>
File: XqzORlh.jpg (248KB, 961x1200px) Image search: [Google]
XqzORlh.jpg
248KB, 961x1200px
T O N I S T O R M
>>
>>2696328
laffing at how wrong you are re: they'll never wrestle
>>
>>2696328
Or it'll happen on the main roster in 2020 but be a huge disappointment because it'll be a 10 minute affair between two watered down women, one of whom will be pushing 40.
>>
>>2696328
If she doesn't drop the belt to Ember then there's a good chance Paul may be using his head and planning for Io to be the one to do it. She'll likely debut and win the Mae Young Classic. TakeOver Brooklyn will take place after it's finished. Asuka may go over Ember again and Io may show up in the crowd. Then it's Io/Asuka booked up to the final TakeOver in November. I could very easily see it happening.
>>
>>2696328
It will happen. Io making the tournament is now in doubt so they're probably going to give her the Nakamura style Takeover debut against a departing star, which will 100% be Asuka. Even if Io does make the tournament they'll get Asuka to put her over anyway. They have to know how badly people want this match.
>>
I'll chime in here and say I don't think Asuka will be dropping the belt to Io. I think it will be Ember or Cross doing that. Asuka will feud with Io as just a matter of pride. Io will go over and Asuka will move on to Smackdown.
>>
>>2696349
>>2696355
>>2696323
I dunno if Io will make the tourney. I feel like is Io wins that and is the one to beat Asuka then Kairi gets kind of lost. Unless she has an incredible match with Io in the final round of the tourney so she looks really strong and can be Io's first NXT title defense. Plus I'd like to see Kairi work with Asuka. Honestly a new Triple Tails would be cool. New Triple Tails VS 3 Horsewomen would be the GOAT women's feud in WWE history...but it'll never happen. The promo's would suck, but the fucking matches man..
>>
>>2696333
I think she's got potential. But she's has some ways to go. Her selling of her offense is almost non-existent.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.