[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would judo be good in a street fight? Or what's a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1483913506542.png (334KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1483913506542.png
334KB, 640x464px
Would judo be good in a street fight?

Or what's a good thing to learn in case I ever find a situation where I have to stand my ground?
>>
>>2388981
You're going to get hit but you've got a good chance of tossing them down if they're flat footed.
>>
>>2388981

Get a gun
>>
Amateur wrestling and boxing are the two most dominate forms of martial arts.
>>
>>2388981
I think so.

First, most judo techniques start standing, which is how you want to fight most on the time when on the street, but the important bits are that, at one hand, most techniques with the gi can be employed on regular everyday clothes with much more ease, because they are more loose, so there's more area to hold a grip. And at the other hand, most people after being slammed into the concrete floor will just lose all will to fight even if they aren't badly injured.

Just be careful where you toss the other guy. Broken bones and skull fractures, depending on the circumstances, are still liable to lawsuits and rearrest.
>>
Get a gun. You pull a gun on them only a complete idiot would still try to fight you.
>>
>>2390805
to bad a pipebomb beats a gun

only a complete idiot would still try to shoot you.
>>
>>2388981
Dodge that first hit and maybe. Judo's all holds and throws but, so you lose the striking/hitting aspect of fighting.
>>
File: IMG_0657.jpg (317KB, 760x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0657.jpg
317KB, 760x850px
>>2388981
I your actually worried about getting into a "streetfight" a weapon is the best thing to have.
Now if you just want to be able to kick someone's ass in a fight then catch wrestling is far superior to judo but even then it's better to just learn boxing or Muay Thai as most grappling martial arts require large amounts of strength and are high risk high reward.

Besides judo is just a worse version of jiu-jitsu.
>>
File: tumblr_nuj2xbpdSb1tslewgo1_500.gif (67KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuj2xbpdSb1tslewgo1_500.gif
67KB, 500x255px
>>2390843
>He doesn't always carry his nuclear bomb briefcase with him at all times.
>>
>>2390805
>Pulling your gun out to intimidate

Minority detected

Only pull your gun out to use it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.