[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Why do all WWE commentators phone in the lines for the commentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: jr.jpg (54KB, 730x411px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jr.jpg
54KB, 730x411px
Why do all WWE commentators phone in the lines for the commentary in video games? You can hear it in their voice that they're just reading lines in a booth; they don't even try to sound more convincing

Even pic related did it most of the time. It's the one time where he sounds as fake as Michael Cole

How hard is it to tell them to act like they're selling the gameplay as if it's a real match in front of a loud crowd?

The only WWE games I can remember having exciting commentary are WWF Warzone and Attitude (Vince and JR, Shane and Lawler)......and those games were ass
>>
Tfw hes putting those educated feet to good use.
Tfw its legal its allll legal king
>>
>How hard is it to tell them to act like they're selling the gameplay as if it's a real match in front of a loud crowd?

If it were that easy, we'd all be actors and voice actors. What I've always wondered is why don't the developers of the game record the commentary from actual live WWE events for a whole year and use that in the video game?
>>
>>2307301
Because they can. No one wants to fucking sit there for 6 hours at a time recording hundreds of lines of dialog.
>>
>It's not ballet [Other Commentator]
>>
>>2307349
>If it were that easy

But JR and Lawler did it before in Warzone and Attitude. No reason they couldn't do it again for the recent games.

Compare their commentary lines in those 2 games to their lines in the SVR series. They actually tried to make the older games seem like you were watching a real episode of Raw with their commentary

Meanwhile the SVR series commentary sounds like they're doing a humorous live stage reading of a play that's mocking their usual commentary
>>
File: Jerry-Lawler.jpg (84KB, 330x239px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Jerry-Lawler.jpg
84KB, 330x239px
>>2307301
https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/833969857393721344
>>
>>2307520
>https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/833969857393721344

BWAHAHAHA WTF

They actually left that in the game???
>>
>>2307944
Yep
>people actually pay for these games
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIrvlazTI4

Yeah, you can tell Vince is trying to sell the game like it's a legit main event for the viewers watching at home

Meanwhile in SvR '06, Ross, Lawler and Cole are probably sipping coffee and cracking jokes with the recording crew while reading the lines. Tazz is the only one who sounds like he's actually putting in effort to sell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S672wX_23T8
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.