[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We talk a lot about mic skills, but what does it actually mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1436234499033.jpg (241KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1436234499033.jpg
241KB, 600x399px
We talk a lot about mic skills, but what does it actually mean? What defines good mic skills?
From your perspective, what makes a promo good or bad?
>>
Have sex
>>
It's not really about what you say, it's about how you say it and the context.
>>
>>2306922
This.
>>
There can't be a single moment where I know this was rehearsed. I need it to feel genuine. I need the crowd included but not completely I involved. That shit the rock does now is boring where he just let's people clap and cheer for fifteen minutes.
>>
>>2306917
Lose weight
>>
I suspend disbelief when I watch wrestling, and botching lines or getting anxious on the mic removes me from the illusion that these guys are all confident, superhuman, etc
>>
File: shanedouglas.jpg (5KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
shanedouglas.jpg
5KB, 256x192px
>>2306917
Someone who can project a bit of themselves into their character. It makes the promo more personal and the crowd a lot more excited. A good promo should be genuine, it should be confident, and it should get a reaction from the crowd. It's almost like magic.

It's why Punks Pipebomb was so popular, why guys like Heyman and Piper could show so much passion and dedication to the mic, and how The Rock and Stone Cold can project a bit of their own personality into their promo's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95z5y1bHm0Y
Skip to 1:04, Piper not only mastered the art of the promo, he wrote the book.
>>
>>2307183
>botching lines or getting anxious

This depends on the context. Stumbling over your own words as you're yelling over how angry you are at some asshole can fit. Anxious works when it fits your gimmick. When all bayley did on the mic was look at the ground and talk like she was afraid to even be in the ring it suited her because her gimmick was mark who's trying to be taken seriously as an actual wrestler who may or may not be in over her head who's trying to prove she belongs.

Now she's just "big sister".
>>
>>2307267
We've go this great storyline where Bayley has to scratch and claw her way to the top and finally prove herself to get her over as the face of the division when she wins the title at Wrestlema- oh shit, they switched the title on Raw in a match nobody realised was on and didn't give a shit about. Oh well. Time to fire Bayley and try again with the next Bayley.
>>
>>2306917
>we
>>
>>2307908
>WWE blaming talent for their booking failures

2 real
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
So why does Brock Lesnar have someone speaking for him? Is he so shit on the mic he's not allowed to talk?
>>
>>2306917
If the promo doesn't make me cringe, then it's good.
>>
>>2308142
>LET'S
>DO
>THIS???
>>
Ever since The Rock folks have confused talking really fast and YELLING MANY CATCHPHRASES for a good promo.
>>
>>2306917
1. Confidence
2. Cadence
2. Character
The three Cs
>>
>>2308181
ya mother has three C's
Cummies and cocks in her cunt
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.