[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meltzer: "There are no more casual fans".

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: crowd.jpg (24KB, 446x330px) Image search: [Google]
crowd.jpg
24KB, 446x330px
>From WON: More than ever before, the pro wrestling business has become about getting the most money out of a smaller fan base.

>There are fewer people watching the product than at any point in at least 22 years, perhaps longer. But there are more hardcore fans, willing to spend far more money than ever before.

>It’s both good and bad. The nature of the business is that this will stay this way. It’s become too difficult and time consuming to the old casual fan, who would watch an hour of television every now and then, perhaps attend one or two big blow-off shows per year, to keep up, and perhaps too silly or unimportant to them as well. But for the people who love wrestling, the amount of product is endless, and it’s going to stay that way.
>>
RIP
>>
>>2279129
I've been watching wrestling for 20 years and it's pretty boring now. I just saw Tyler Bates on NXT and realized the reason why I hate WWE now. I remember when it was about over the top storylines and larger than life personalities. I just tune in casually to watch Braun Strowman, Becky Lynch, AJ Styles
>>
Congratulations on watching literally any wrestling event in the last decade Dave
>>
>>2279145
>I've been watching sports entertainment for 20 years and it's pretty boring now.
Fixed that for you, bruh.
>>
File: 51N8Y6HjmFL.jpg (35KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
51N8Y6HjmFL.jpg
35KB, 333x500px
>>2279129

Good! The WWE will die, and other promotions will rise!

Best timeline confirmed
>>
>>2279153
What is your point? I used to watch TNA and ROH for the wrestling. There was a reason why WWE was different, now it's just TNA 2.0
>>
>The last casual draw was Daniel Bryan
>Roman Reigns literally ran off all the casuals

You can't make this shit up.
>>
If casuals don't watch WWE anymore, why des WWE still pander to them?
>>
>>2279200
Vince

Haitch knows where the money is going but Vince clings on to his desire to be relevant in the mainstream
>>
>>2279161
Watch Evolve then. Though the smark fans are beyond annoying. Still not as bad as what you get at NXT or PWG though.
>>
>>2279129
>wrestling going the way of anime and becoming a money drain that panders to rabid fans with deep pockets
Eh, could be worse honestly
>>
>>2279200
Factoid: Vince panders casual in Wrestlemania season, and smarks in Summerslam season. The reason being the latter's period is less impactful to network subscription.
>>
>>2279200
WWE panders to kids, not casuals. Kids spend all their parents money on wrestling shit
>>
>Meltzer being wrong again

Clockwork

He's completely useless except for his scoops which is just him repeating what someone who actually has a clue what's going on leaks him
>>
File: IMG_20170208_040143.jpg (181KB, 947x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170208_040143.jpg
181KB, 947x1200px
>>2279208
PWG is way more entertaining than NXT though.
>>
>>2279224
Kids are the biggest casuals of all because their tastes change like the direction of the wind.
>>
>>2279226
>just him repeating what someone who actually has a clue what's going on leaks him
i.e. reporting? Of course he asks a source for info, a writer isn't going to go on twitter and say "Hey guys, Randy wins the rumble"
>>
>>2279227
I was talking about the crowds. Of course PWG is more entertaining. Evolve is kinda like a 'serious' version of PWG; which I appreciate more.
>>
>>2279246
>Evolve is kinda like a 'serious' version of PWG
Evolve is shit
>>
>>2279244
Yes. All he can do is report what insiders tell him. His thought pieces and analyses are always wrong. He doesn't even know how to compare numbers

>Sting didn't draw the starcade 97 buyrate
>Sting drew less than Goldberg despite Sting selling more merch, popping more buyrates, ratings as champ, and getting better house show attendances on average
>Ric Flair was good
>>
>>2279246
Tell me when Thatcher finally lost the belt, maybe I'll reconsider paying to watch it
>>
>>2279233
This, as much as there is mad money to be made off of kids man I would not want that job. Kid's tastes change faster than you can put the product out there.
>>
>>2279266
>Sting didn't draw the starcade 97 buyrate
This is true, Hogan did.

>sting drew less than goldberg
True, if Goldberg had a career the length of sting's his numbers would obliterate stink.

>Ric flair was good
that's his own opinion
>>
>>2279319
>>2279266
>SEETHING THIS HARD
>>
>>2279277
I like the idea of a promotion having a healthy dose of technical wrestling, but Thatcher is definitely the worst out of all those tech guys. Even Gulak was better (even though he could fall into the grapplefuck abyss too). Sucks too cause Thatcher could clearly be an exciting technical wrestler, but he's just too fucking obsessed with DA REALISM.
>>
>>2279277
I will never forgive them for what they did to Joey Styles
>>
File: zsjover.jpg (30KB, 148x148px) Image search: [Google]
zsjover.jpg
30KB, 148x148px
>>2279341
Well y'know, personally I wouldn't mind with what styles said. But it's their first ever live gig with FloSlam, and FloSlam also just started business. It's REALLY just not the right time.

>>2279337
He might drop it to ZSJ, for what it's worth
>>
>>2279361
>He might drop it to ZSJ, for what it's worth
Another asshole I got problems with.
>>
>>2279361
Still I won't pay a goddamn cent to FloSlam. The way they mistreated Styles was petty and foolish to fire him in my opinion.
>>
>>2279170
you cant possibly be this delusional
>>
>>2279129
I've known this for years. I laugh when buttblasted anti-smarks talk about le casuals
>>
>>2279145
>complains about boring
>likes becketty
Kek
>>
>>2279319
97-2000 is the same time frame

18+
>>
>>2279129
This is what killed the funny book business. catering to the sjw was the final nail in the coffin for the
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.