[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

/tranquilo/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_4008.gif (1MB, 365x205px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_4008.gif
1MB, 365x205px
HE DID IT AGAIN BOIS
>F I V E S T A R S

vs Elgin btw
>>
File: naito.webm (3MB, 532x298px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
naito.webm
3MB, 532x298px
>>
this match was fucking great, well deserved.
>>
File: slow.webm (3MB, 532x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
slow.webm
3MB, 532x300px
>>
>>2278018
>those empty fucking seats of blackness

KEEK
>>
>>2278031
it was sold out weeks in advance
>>
>Five
>>
>>2278038
>>2278050
don't forget that he drew more and quicker as the IC champ than Okada did last year as the IWGP champ, in the same building
>>
>>2278067
>Five
>>
This match was great. I always end up getting results spoiled for NJPW before seeing the matches so it takes some of the quality away though.
>>
Reminder that he should headline WK next year instead of Omegetty
>>
>>2278088
The nearfalls in this match are some of the best ever done so yeah knowing the result definitely takes away from it.
>>
File: CywO7EpVIAM-Wbf.jpg (170KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CywO7EpVIAM-Wbf.jpg
170KB, 1200x900px
>>2278050
>>
>>2278122
Def should be Naito vs Okada in the WK12 main event with Omega/Ibushi as the IC title match
>>
>>2278231
Replace Okada with Naito and you've got the three Japanese GOATs.
>>
>>2278275
This comment looks like bullshit on the surface, but you are right. YOSHI-HASHI is GOAT.
>>
>>2278282
Based TACOS
>>
File: CrY3U20UAAEV_Ka.jpg (17KB, 126x414px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CrY3U20UAAEV_Ka.jpg
17KB, 126x414px
>>2278231
>>
>>2278275
it would be really embarrassing if you actually thought this
>>
Dave taking a year and a half to come round on LOS Naito is some goofy shit. And people take this chump's word as gospel
>>
>>2278018
Based Elgin carrying the gooks to a five star match
>>
Meltzer is taking bribes from Inoki and his Yakuza pals, that's the only explanation I have for this five star six star bullshit.
>>
>Based Canadians with two MOTYC
>>
>>2278425
Gook style is just better than WWE's safe babby tier protected bumps and finisher spam bullshit
>>
>>2278440
NJPW style is just WWE style but done well, let's not get it twisted here
>>
When is Naito gonna take the IWGP Heavyweight Championship off Snorekada again? He is just as good a worker and has 100 times the charisma.
>>
>>2278442
It's memphis style mixed with strong style spots to varying degrees. WWE style is different, though they're more similar every year, but the typical "baby face starts off hot only to get trounced by the heel then the baby face hits the comeback but gets cut off via counters only for the babyface to counter again (if he's winning) and get his shit in" shit doesn't normally happen in japan as much where as it's 90% of top of the card matches in WWE.
>>
>>2278490
That's their money match and pretty much Rock vs Austin for new Japan. I doubt we see that match until WK12 at the earliest.
>>
>>2278567
Current NJPW main event style might as well be the actual epitome of "get your shit in"
>>
>>2278582
Their last, like, 3 main events had the loser not hitting their ultimate "I hit this and it's over period" big match move. The last bunch of WWE main events even on some of their shows featured multiple finisher kickouts even from shit that's insta killed others.

Naito spent the entire match with Elgin drop kicking and knee baring his leg, he didn't do half the shit he normally does.
>>
>>2278594
Okada vs Suzuki's get your shit in moments were all Okada's
>>
>>2278599
Which is the problem people have been pointing out about Okada since forever ago, he's GOAT in the finishing stretch but wont sell your shit long term during it. He's formulaic but still great.

Most other matches aren't like this in the top of the card.
>>
>>2278619
People's biggest complaint about Tana vs Naito was that they spent the entire match doing great limbwork and then threw it out at the end for Naito to hit the Destino and win
Nobody ever wins without hitting finishers anymore. Tanahashi used to be able to end a match on a handful of different moves, now it's High Fly Flow or nothing
NJPW goes to the "fighting through the pain because fighting spirit yamato damashii" well an incredible amount and it's personally run dry for me. Like I said, the style is easily classed as sports-entertainment at this point, it just produces matches in that style that are way better than the matches in the company that invented it
>>
>>2278633
Breh. You watch G1 Climax if you want sprint-style instead of epic main even style. Everyone knows this.
>>
>>2278633
That I agree with you, and while that drastic change in style was needed so the company didn't die when they were going full retard from like 2003 - 2009, I watched Chono vs Takayama for the first time in years recently and I still consider that match better than what most of NJPW has done in recent years and it ends in a double KO.

The worst thing is that submissions have become fucking pointless, I actually appreciated Shibata vs O'Riely last year because it ended in someone just getting choked the fuck out. The counter to this is that Okada never gets to submit anyone with his shitty submission anymore which is good.

Though, >>2278642 is right, in the G1 the time constraints and feeling of the midcard guys trying their hardest to be on top forces different types of matches. A lot of Ishiis and SANADAs matches were great for these reasons.

They're falling into that sports entertainment style ever since Gedo took over (even places like AJPW are with the way Kento structures matches, though BJW big bois are keeping that NOAH Kobashi main event style alive) but they're varied enough that it isn't complete samey garbage like literally every wwe main event.
>>
New Japan main events are massive blockbuster movies. I got sick of that structure myself for a while.. Wrestle Kingdom was always the season I'd want to get over as soon as possible to get back to smaller-scaled matches, but I've grown accustomed to it now and I personally enjoy it. It's a really special experience when a match crescendos to a big pay off that makes the crowd go absolutely insane. New Japan has some of the best crowds in wrestling right now, they hang on the every action of the performers (at least, the ones they care about), it makes the shows that much more enjoyable.
>>
>>2278633

Outside of IC and IWGP heavyweight matches, I wouldn't say this is too much of an issue.
>>
Naito is one of the best of the world, just that, they guy sell like god and the gimnick is simply perfect and well done for 2017.

Their matches are brilliant because he knows very well the tempo and how to take the good moments, Elgin was brilliant and hit him with everything but at the end Naito reversal everything and hit some destinos to finish it, simply brilliant.

This guy deserves one WK main event and burn the house, is awesome.

Imagine a good Naito Omega bufff
>>
@2278050

>Oketty fanettys are this insecure

state of (You)
>>
File: 11MegtE.png (464KB, 758x382px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
11MegtE.png
464KB, 758x382px
>>2278652
>I watched Chono vs Takayama for the first time in years recently and I still consider that match better than what most of NJPW has done in recent years and it ends in a double KO.

:yano:

Nagata/Kensuke had a better version of that match in 04.

You watch that if you want to see a proper violent fight between old men.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6o803_yuji-nagata-vs-kensuke-sasaki_sport
>>
>>2278658
>>2278661ng
Da state of ya niggas english is wrongs,
>>
>>2278661
>worked

it's bantz, m8.
>>
@2278674

>this insecure
>>
>>2278672

?
>>
>>2278652
Japan in general is very homogenized at this point

>>2278657
I don't think it's an issue, it's clearly winning them a lot of fans outside of Japan, I just don't personally want to see it
>>
>>2278669
>http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6o803_yuji-nagata-vs-kensuke-sasaki_sport
that is a barnstormer of a match for 13 minutes, semi shoot feel
>>
Best gimmick in the world atm. He has an attitude era level character.
>>
>>2278425
Inoki wouldn't/doesn't approve of this bullshitty current style
>>
>>2278740
>Being an apologist for a North Korea sympathizer
>>
>>2278768
>Standing against Inoki in anything
Non-shooters deserve everything they get
>>
>>2278768
If Inoki wasn't busy worshiping Allah and genetically engineering who knows what at his secret island base he would slap some respect out of you.
>>
>26,000 (packed)

How will they ever recover?
>>
>>2278018

Big Match Mike does it again !

who else /Elgin/ here?
>>
Meltzer is over rating the fuck out of these matches, IMO.
I guess it's worth it to see the WWEbabbies SEETHING.
>>
>>2278067
NJPW is general is doing better, Okada drew just as many people in fucking Sapporo with a weaker overall card so he's doing well too
>>
>>2279024
Worked
>>
>>2279024
>implying anyone actually cares

You just see like two threads after every NJPW event with the same stock OP.
I'm 90% sure it's just Carter's new shtick following the six star meme.
If anything it seems to be bad for the actual nip-marks as now their threads have devolved into mostly meme-posting and getting railed on by WWEChads.
>>
>>2278578
This, they're probably going to put the belt on Omega during the summer to help with the US tours and then do Okada vs. Naito and WK12.
>>
>>2278652
>The worst thing is that submissions have become fucking pointless
I used to think this until I saw the recent Okada/Suzuki match. Like you knew Okada wasn't going to tap, but then they teased Gedo throwing in the towel and it all changed for me. You knew that Okada would die before he tapped but it was a real possibility that Gedo would actually throw in the towel, made the drama in the match far more believable.
>>
>>2279151
>then Okada spent literal minutes in a submission and won anyway

Yeah fuck that match. He's right, submissions have become pointless.
>>
>>2279156
Nah it was great, the tension in the building was incredible the whole time. You could tell that each minute that went by the crowd was losing all hope of their hero winning but when he pulled through they just absolutely lost it. You see unlike in the US the Japs really do mark out for babyface and root for them to win.
>>
>>2279169
Japs are exactly like the US, they cheer who they like
>>
>>2279169
We would cheer for faces too if we had a reason to. WWEs face booking is just awful so everyone roots for the guys who are allowed to have a shred of personality, AKA the heels.
>>
>DaCreaner resetting his router and samefagging this thread

kek gookshit can't even draw here
>>
File: image.png (99KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
99KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>2279214
>>2279225
Yeah I didn't mean it as a knock to US audiences, but what they did with Okada v. Suzuki only worked because Okada is so incredibly over that the fans will root for him really hard.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.