[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the 2017 Royal Rumble so fucking great lads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

File: Royal_Rumble_2017_2.jpg (153KB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
Royal_Rumble_2017_2.jpg
153KB, 600x374px
Why was the 2017 Royal Rumble so fucking great lads?
>>
>>2235091
it was great until deannetty came in and sucked the fucking life out of the fucking building.

but then it became GOAT when deannetty got immediately eliminated by brock. the crowd came back to life

really makes you think
>>
Because Roman pulled double duty to save it from turning into a shambles

>Put on a 5* match with Record Lowens of all people
>Put Strowman over big time
>woke up a dead crowd when his music hit at #30
>saved the Rumble by getting Orton over
>Spent the whole night putting people over
>somehow still managed to work the smarks

We'll never see a talent this great ever again. Be glad you are living in the era of BBD.
>>
Based 10 man was the best part so it was pretty shit
>>
Number 30
>>
Because despite the fact they've feuded for too long and already had way to many matches, Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns pulled off their best match together so far and it was dangerously close to being a 5-star match with the big dog in it.

The Rumble itself was better than /asp/ acted like it was at the time. I can't think of anybody who entered the Rumble and came out of it looking weaker (besides Brock, but that's different since seeing Brock lose after so long is refreshing for the character and makes me want to see more of him). Usually a Rumble has a few entrants that go in and then immediately get eliminated without ever making their mark on the night. The closest they got to that was Enzo, but Enzo still comes out looking better because he got an extended promo at the start of the Rumble and got to show how brave he was standing up to Brock. Even Mojo looked better despite not doing much, because people expect Mojo to fuck everything up. But Mojo's performance in the qualifying match and the Rumble itself proved that Mojo has just as much solo potential as anyone else. The Rumble went out of its way to put everyone over despite most of the entrants never having a shot in hell at winning. Maybe Ziggler was just "there", but it certainly didn't hurt him (if he can even be hurt any more).
>>
>>2235091
It was shit
>>
It was shit

Old guys had to go in last. It made the first 45 minutes of the match feel pointless. There were NO surprise entrants (10 wasn't a surprise), no nostalgia acts. Reigns was sent in at 30 because they knew it was the only way Randy would get cheered for winning because "anybody but roman"
>>
Because WWE only wants to push their small circle of handpicked guys, most of whom are 40 and up. WWE is sure looking a lot like fucking WCW these days.
>>
>>2235140
This. The rumble was where I realized Roman is in fact the GOAT
>>
All of the matches on the main card were actually really damn good and each one had at least one or two really memorable spots. Two of them were early MotY candidates. I wasn't sure what to expect out of Roman and KO after they had so many matches, and they did use tables and chairs to mix it up, but it was still REALLY good and had the perfect finish. On the other hand, I legit didn't think Cena and AJ could outdo Summerslam but god dammit, they did it.

Rumble itself was kinda bland, but for what it was and where they're going, it did everything they needed it to do. Tye was great fun. There were plenty of cool spots. That feeling of "No Joe, no Finn? Really?" goes away in retrospect when their plan for Joe becomes clearer on Raw the next night and we find out Finn's still a month away. Randy's not the best winner, but the way they did it is about the best way they could do it and when you look at the way the Mania card is shaping up, there's not many winners that make a lot more sense than Randy. As much sense, sure. More sense, no.

My biggest complaint is that Strowman was just kinda there, didn't interact with the other big guys, didn't get screwed by Roman. And the big draws of the match all came out at the same time and all went out really quick. Lesnar's was great, but Goldberg and Taker's eliminations were pretty unceremonious.
>>
>>2235096
kys
>>
File: 1442936663164.jpg (47KB, 460x464px) Image search: [Google]
1442936663164.jpg
47KB, 460x464px
>>2235091
>No Finn
>No Joe
>No "insert a surprise indy guy"
>No old-timer RR return like DDP or Bubba
>Number 30
>le 10 man
>Braun Drawman eliminated way too early
>Orton winning
>>
>>2235140
>5-star match

holy shit Romarks have no standards
>>
File: xawkicG.png (718KB, 645x771px) Image search: [Google]
xawkicG.png
718KB, 645x771px
>>2235140
this
>>
File: HNI_0085.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0085.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>2235091

>mfw last 6 years of rumble winners are huge let downs
>>
>>2236796
Closer than that shitfest of a WWE Title match.
>>
>>2236817
Being "better" than a shallow spotfest does not make a 5-star match.
>>
Was there live, venue fucking sucked
>ran out of food
>ran out of most merch
>ran out of half their beers
>something like a 1000 peoples seats didn't exist because venue over sold despite being told wwe needed space for equipment
>three hours in traffic

Show was good. Reigns at number 30 was so anticlimatic. Chants of this is bullshit and fuck you reigns were heard. Aj vs Cena was great though that's probably because we didn't have to suffer through shitty commentary or so I was told. Was glad I went but hope they never have an event at the alamodome again.
>>
>>2236798
>no smarks allowed

https://twitter.com/JimmysSeafood/status/825850227806580736
>>
>>2235169
>nobody moved up the card. Everybody stays where they were before

Pointless rumble. That promo at the beginning was way too long too
>>
>>2236788
>No Finn
Not cleared.
>No Joe
His intro the next night was much better.
>No "insert a surprise indy guy"
Hey, they tried to sign the Bucks, and Kenny's contract didn't expire and he wasn't signing anyway. Ricochet also wants to do NJPW stuff before he goes to WWE
>No old-timer RR return like DDP or Bubba
I'll grant they coulda done something here. I think someone from New Day or Apollo or Enzo or Ellsworth or somebody coulda given up a spot for a vet surprise.
>Number 30
It made sense for their plans and is the first step in a much needed heel turn.
>le 10 man
That was awesome.
>Braun Drawman eliminated way too early
I'll agree here. But he did have a good run and it was done in a cool way that got both Zayn and Corbin over.
>Orton winning
Makes sense for their plans and Randy had SOMETHING coming to him after eating Brock's elbow.
>>
>>2236835
I heard people were getting into their seats like 90 minutes late. With over 50,000 people, I guess that's bound to happen.
>>
File: 1486282218999.jpg (133KB, 645x771px) Image search: [Google]
1486282218999.jpg
133KB, 645x771px
>>2236798
KEK
Poor Romarks need their safe spaces!
>>
>>2236798
>knows terminology such as smarks
>thinks he's not one
>>
>>2236886

>mfw the gf and I just said fuck it and found some empty seats waaaay closer to where we were supposed to be
>>
>>2236932
>smart mark
>mark

that's the key word, "smarks" are still marks who get upset over the result of a childrens television show based around fake fighting. Just look at "Bruce Blitz" for example, the fucker is in his mid 30s and yells at his camera about John Cena for an hour. You can know what goes on backstage and other shit without being a smark
>>
>>2236934
kek and security didn't ever come for you? Nice.
>>
File: nodimesbeyondthispoint.jpg (131KB, 645x765px) Image search: [Google]
nodimesbeyondthispoint.jpg
131KB, 645x765px
>>2236798
I'm having far too too much fun with this
>>
>>2236936
the point is to know such a term, it means they know it's fake, making it impossible for them to be true marks
>>
>>2236817
literally 4.75 meltz snowflakes my man
>>
File: really.gif (401KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
401KB, 500x271px
>>2235091
>>
I liked it.

You guys are asking for way too much of an era where a Samoan named Joe is the only one designed to look good out of the whole company. For what it was, I thought it was an entertaining show throughout
>>
>Roman at 30, makes it to the final 2
>Just so people would cheer Orton winning
Really makes you think.
>>
>>2236798
kek
>>
>>2236883
>I can only name 4 (technically 3) indy acts

Also, just because something "makes sense for WWE's plans" doesn't mean their plans aren't >>>/trash/.
>>
File: CM Smile.jpg (25KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
CM Smile.jpg
25KB, 600x250px
>mfw Vince sent out Roman in his ongoing 6D post-ironic smark-working chess game
>then used him to get Orton a pop for winning

This man is playing chess on dimensions we've never seen before while obese smarks are playing hopscotch.
90% chance Punk's still with the company wearing a Triple H flesh-suit just so he can work Stephanie.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.