[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kazuchika Okada's NJPW Annual Pay Revealed!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 3

File: MW-DK630_cash_ZG_20150428132718.jpg (518KB, 1320x742px) Image search: [Google]
MW-DK630_cash_ZG_20150428132718.jpg
518KB, 1320x742px
> VICE Sports had a story about NJPW and emerging star Kenny Omega. Omega's match with Kazuchika Okada at WrestleKingdom 11 was praised and it was noted that NJPW added 10,000 new subscribers prior to WrestleKingdom event.

> More importantly, it was mentioned in the article that Okada's NJPW contract last year was for $2.2 million / year.

> If that figure is accurate, then that would be a significant amount of NJPW's annual revenue. Bushiroad founder Takaaki Kidani had noted in 2015 that while their revenues were increasing, NJPW's for that year was $21.6 million U.S. (2.7 billion Yen).

> For comparison here are annual pay for WWE's top stars -

> John Cena - 9 million

> Brock Lesnar - 6.1 million

> Triple H - 3.2 million (including corporate pay)

> The Undertaker - 2.9 million

> Roman Reigns - 2.5 million

> Randy Orton - 2.3 million

> Seth Rolling - 1.9 million

> Big Show - 1.5 million
>>
>lesnar gets paid 6,5mi to do some germans twice a year
>undertanker gets almost 3mi for each of his mania matches

Goes to show how much integrity/autism Kenny Omega has, denying a shot at earning such big dimes.
>>
>>2234856
>Goes to show how much integrity/autism Kenny Omega has, denying a shot at earning such big dimes.
Some people say money isn't everything, but they tend to be retarded and poor
>>
Okada is a big fish in a small pond
>>
>>2234856
>>2234862
After a certain point, money doesn't mean anything. All those guys make so much that they can just do whatever they want and more money is just diminishing returns.
>>
File: laffpe.jpg (67KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
laffpe.jpg
67KB, 540x534px
>>2234833
>literally past less than a quarter the money of BMJ
>a fucking T E N T H of the company's overall revenue

Holy shit how does Outlaw Japan afford to keep running
>>
>the state of deannetty
>>
I thought Seth was making more than Roman?
>>
>Pissing away money on Romanetty

Why? Is Vince stupid?
>>
>>2234871
I'm betting you are retarded or poor
>>
>>2234879
He's actually right, though. Your quality of life won't improve drastically if you make another million, because you can afford any luxury.
>>
>>2234882
You poor too?
>>
>>2234891
Oh I see you're memeing.
Nothing to see here lads we got ourselves a member of the carter club
>>
>>2234891
Probably the poorest in the thread
>>
>>2234856
It's not like he would be making anywhere close to that
>>
>>2234891
>>2234879
Please, enlighten us retarded poors, tells us the effective difference between 2.2 million dollars and 6.5 million dollars.
>>
All that money and still producing a trash product, WWE should be embarassed.
>>
>>2234893
Ask anyone if they'd rather have $150m or $151m. You are retarded if you think that anyone would pick $150m.
>>2234896
If you give me your paypal I'll give you $20 or $30. Which do you want?
>>
>>2234898
T. Poorfag
>>
>>2234898
4.3 million dollars. The difference between buying the car you love and looking at the prices of 5
>>
>>2234910
>looking at the prices of 5
you like.
>>
>>2234906
t. Carter
>>
>>2234833
>big show 1.5 mil
kek what? How is he still pulling down that salary?
>>
>>2234917
rent free kek
You lose the argument so just say I'm Carter to save face.
>>
>>2234924
Guaranteed long term contracts, Big show signed 8 year contract. Apparently Sheamus is making 1 million, he signed 10 yr contract.
>>
>>2234927
>Carter obliterated

kek based me
>>
>>2234935

IRON CLAD CONTRACT
>>
>>2234940
That was a play on real life actually.
>>
>>2234906
Ah, I see.

You're framing it as just getting free money without doing anything rather than "Job A with these conditions pays this amount" vs. "Job B with different conditions pays a different amount"

That's a very simple way of showing you don't actually understand the value of money or working for it at all, thank you.

>t.poor
>seething
>finna
There, I already replied for you, you don't have to now. Enjoy your day.
>>
>>2234924
Longevity and loyalty to the company. Same reason 'Carder gets so much for working once a year.
>>
>>2234898

Your opinion can't get more retarded then this.
>>
>>2234946
Global recognition + money or known by fraction or japan + fraction of small amount of money.
>>
>>2234937
>Not knowing the difference between shitposters
>>
>>2234833
6+ million for approximately 20 dates a year and half a dozen matches (if you include his 2-3 house shows)

Add in the his 2.5 million purse for UFC and likely 3-4 million PPV bonus based on it doing 1million+ buys, Brock had a solid 12 million dollar year.
>>
>>2234898
jesus dude you do know pro sports teams cost a billion dollars right? And that is something anybody would want to buy

2.2 million is fucking NOTHING

lottery winners go broke after winning 9 figures
>>
>>2234833
>Dean's shield brother in the top and not him
>he's literally being paid less than Big Show, who barely shows up and isn't that great
lolwow
>>
>>2235174
you have to draw dimes to make dimes.
>>
>>2234879
lets go this way.

lets say I have enough bank that I will live comfortably for my entire life, doing nothing but what I want to do.

This means I am now in an area where you are not paying me because I need money, money is almost completely off the table as incentive, unless you want to give me an ungodly amount.

I am either going to love what I do or you can fuck off
>>
>>2235301
No one is ever comfortable with the ammount of money they have unless they are 60+ and if you are then you live within your means which is not the level of richness we are talking about.
>>
>>2235339
Then you just aren't making enough money. I have a machinist friend who would bounce around from shop to shop a while back but he settled down at one, not because they paid him the most but because he can actually stand his boss. He took a 7$ an hour pay cut because he wanted to not hate every aspect of his life and so far its paying off for him. Far more happy at home then he ever was before.

Same goes for the really wealthy, if they absolutely hated what they do, they would fucking stop, but they get something more then money out of their jobs so they continue on.
>>
>>2235368
If $7 per hour is a substantial pay cut he's not rich. You also have a picturesque way of looking at rich people that I don't think kids over 6 year old have. It's like you've never watched any sports, read any financial news or been high enough in a job to realise that money rules the world.
>>
>>2234872
They are owned by one of the largest card companies in Japan
>>
>>2235395
So they run like TNA? topkek
>>
>>2235368
yeah and then he gets in a terrible car accident and his insurance doesn't pay all his rehab or they only pay for shit tier rehab 100 miles away

people need all the money they can get dipshit
>>
>>2235402
More like WCW except Bushiroad has a lot of money from Love Live and Vanguard
>>
>>2235409
I would of said WCW/TNA were run similarly, rich guy in charge and the second he gets bored or thinks he's losing to much cash he leaves them in the shit.
>>
>>2234833
The rock really fucked Vince over. Vince didn't give overpaid part time contracts like that until Dwayne got one. Now they all want it. Brock being paid so high is criminal
>>
>>2235389
yea, he went down to around 20$ an hour.

That said, I have no delusions of ever being rich, and I watched my dad work overtime every fucking day he could. He woke up at 10, went to work at 1 came home at 3 and slept, still needing to do yard work and other shit. I would rather be dead than work like that for nothing in return. his enjoyment was trying to make 6 figures after tax, Its how he justifies how shit where he works is to him.

I would much rather be paid enough that I can sustain myself and and pay for my hobbies comfortably, then work that hard and have no time.
>>
>>2235455
>He woke up at 10, went to work at 1 came home at 3 and slept
The lazy bastard, that's only 5 hours
>>
>>2235468
should have said 1pm to 3am
>>
>>2235455
>I would much rather be paid enough that I can sustain myself and and pay for my hobbies comfortably, then work that hard and have no time.

So if you could do the same job but work with an asshole for an hour a day for 3 times the money you would?
>>
Rainmaker Okada makes around Randy Orton's pay.
>>
File: wrongshow.gif (2MB, 380x215px) Image search: [Google]
wrongshow.gif
2MB, 380x215px
>>2235504
>>
>>2234862
The irony of this post
>>
>>2235515
Hello Alanis
>>
>mememura makes more than Deanetty since he's on a 1.5 million dollar contract
>>
>Undercarder gets paid 3 million dollars for one match a year
>>
>>2235519
That was the only way they were gonna lure him away from Nippon.
>>
Based Big Bucks getting paid millions for loosing weight, taking showers and having sex
>>
>>2234869
A Koi in a catfish pond
>>
>>2235301

This is what confuses me about Robert Downey Jr and all those Marvel movies. e got something like $25 million for Avengers 2, then they paid him another $40 million for Captain America 3. There's gonna be a point where they're offering him like half a billion dollars and he'd have no reason to say yes.
>>
>>2235549
People like RDJ leave there basements and have kids they want to make sure have a decent life too.
>>
>>2234869
>"I have heard people say that if I stay in Japan that I will be a big fish in a small pond, but I do not agree. If people think Japan is a small pond, then I will rebuild the pond with my own hands and make it as large as the Pacific Ocean." t. Okada
>>
>>2234833
Based Rainmaker
>>
>>2235561
>t. Dellusion retard
>>
>>2235570
>how dare someone have ambitions, everyone should be a defeated spineless NEET loser like me
>>
>>2235583
He thinks he will make Jap wrestling big, unlike Flair, Hogan, Brock, Vader etc. did. He is dellusional, he will is a medium sized fish in a small pond. If he wants to help NJPW he should of jumped to WWE and then went back.
>>
how does wwe make profit?
>>
>>2234877
That was back when he was the main man, Roman started to get paid more around last SS with Seth injured and him being more main event guy
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.