[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was was so x-treme about it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

Was was so x-treme about it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qypmBdL9OoQ

kek
>>
>>2231708
based
>>
It's kind of funny that everything that Vince has tried outside of wrestling had falling on its face, despite the fact that Vince pretty much hates wrestling.
>>
>>2231703
>i just saw the wrestling with wregret video
carter youre such a predictible low iq spic kek
>>
>>2231730
being successful is hard and requires skill and luck, at least vince tried other things and wasn't a shut-in pussy like 95% of /asp/
>>
>>2231730
Not the music or books or movies.

Body bulider and xfl failed. People dont want fake sports.

Only riggered sports.
>>
>>2231767
>shut in
I prefer the term "outside declined" you cis shitlord.
>>
XFL stood for Xtra Fun League

nothing to do with xtreme

18+
>>
>>2231708
kek
>>
>>2231781
Officially XFL stood for nothing.
>>
>>2231781
Wrongo, shot yourself into a work there mark.
>>
>>2231786

distinctly remember Vince saying this.

Please have sex
>>
>>2231703
the game started off by having both team run for the ball in the middle of the field or something, which lead to numerous injuries, some career-ending iirc
also, they had stupid names on the back of their jerseys
>>
Xfl should have been real football with promos and storylines
>>
The 30 for 30 documentary was really good.

There's a scene near the end where Vince looks sad when discussing the death of the XFL. It is the first time I've ever seen him with that kind of expression and it made me feel bad for him.
>>
>>2233171
He truly deserves all the pain in the world
>>
>>2232906
would this have been a success?
>>
>>2233204

Its how the nfl operates today so yes
>>
>>2231703

It MIGHT have stood a chance if he operated it as a no-nonsense football league without some of the NFL's more inane trimmings and TV timeouts and other silly bullshit.

It was fucking doomed the minute he tried to turn it into another one of his fucking mid-tier carnival shows. That "Dash For the Ball" shit to replace the coin toss was utterly retarded. Lack of fair catches on punts without any sort of substitute rule (like maybe rugby's rule that you can't hit an airborne kick receiver, so that you can jump to catch the ball and make potential tacklers hold up until you come down to flatten you) was utterly retarded.

The timing was also poor. The NFL was REALLY on an upswing at the time, and continued for a good decade plus. If he started it now, when the NFL is stumbling a bit due to their own retarded, subjective, inconsistent rules bullshit piling up, he'd have a better shot.
>>
>>2233238
its how basketball also operates today
>>
>>2233238
Maybe.

What they should have done is have it as a babby league and while the NFL team would be the elite. If a team sucked ass during the season they would be relegated to Vince's league and work they're way up to the Superb Owl.
>>
>>2231767

Vince was successful with wrestling not because he knows a fucking thing about wrestling (SO MANY examples could be bandied about to prove that he's a clueless buffoon), but because he had a business sense to buy up some undervalued assets, and then basically pioneer distribution channels in order to deliver them to a MUCH broader audience and make goddamn bank.

So he bought all the best/most over guys from the territories, put them all over PPV, and watched the goddamn cash just roll right the fuck in. It worked much better back in the day when he was surrounded by guys who had a sense for how to book the wrestling well, and steer Vince in the right direction.

All this success went to his narcissistic head, and now he's thinks he's some infallible supermind that cannot do wrong, and has surrounded himself exclusively with worthless yes-men like Kevin Dunn, and firing everyone with half a brain, like JR.

And yet, even now as this fucking assclown systematically ruins everything good about his own product through his own clueless arrogance, the one thing that's providing real value and making them money beyond old brand recognition is the WWE Network. He's STILL making money off of developing "new" (Netflix had obviously been doing the same basic thing for years, but no one had done it on a large scale with wrestling products before) distribution channels for his product.

If I'm starting a business, I want Vince in my corner, for as much heartburn as I'm sure it would end up causing me. If I'm trying to book a wrestling show, I want him on the other side of a fucking planet.
>>
Why didn't vince keep pushing it like he does with Roman.
>>
>>2233288
checked and cringed
>>
>>2233294
Likely because there's no partners when it comes to Roman, no NBC or whatever that's got a stake in him too. Vince did sort of hint at resurrecting the XFL at the end of the 30 for 30 though, so who knows.
>>
>>2233528
>cringed
What he said was pretty spot on
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVj6I_5gCR8
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.