[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/-Disregard the troll edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 47

File: sk8strpl2.jpg (145KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
sk8strpl2.jpg
145KB, 612x612px
Basic brand info for beginners http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe reviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

Submit a shoe review: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE, NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

skatepark etiquette: GO EARLY OR GO BURLY

old thread: https://boards.4chan.org/asp/thread/2151721#top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2nqZCSnN1U
>>
let's be honest for a moment here /esg/: the L.A. Boys documentary is definitely an attempt by Nike to influence the view of history of future generations. The "L.A. Boys" part in Ban This wasn't a "pivotal"point. Mike's part in Public Domain was the pivotal point.
And now, through this "documentary" they are trying to hype up the part and erase Mike Vallely's significance.
>>
>>2214318

yes they have slowed down a bit, mostly because of a major flamer who goes around /asp/.
Your idea sounds good and I would like to try and see if we could pull it through, although I don't have a camera.
>>
oops, the other shitter actually posted terry's playlist. Haha, shit, here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-hesticles/terryhesticlesskatepunkmix

plus another one

https://soundcloud.com/darinmic/esg-hip-hop-mix
>>
so which thread is the legitimate one?
>>
>>2214590

is your skateboard made of tin foil?
>>
>>2215581
>disregarding how deep the details of a corporation schedule run
>>
>>2215391
this one, i'd think. only major kooks mock earlying, burlying, etc
>>
>>2215391
who cares. they both are going to have nike arguments, hookups boards, and overall pedantic arguing?
>>
>>2216538
what are you talking about? we have good fucking conversation on /esg/.
>>
File: skye.jpg (11KB, 236x275px) Image search: [Google]
skye.jpg
11KB, 236x275px
>tfw you heelflip down something for the first time
>>
File: sas.jpg (25KB, 608x402px) Image search: [Google]
sas.jpg
25KB, 608x402px
>>2216564
>we have good fucking conversation on /esg/.
>>
File: 1485393824163.png (241KB, 364x354px) Image search: [Google]
1485393824163.png
241KB, 364x354px
hope you break your necks you edgy faggots.
>>
Anyone know any good skate shops on long island?
>>
>>2215619

>caring this much about how skating is perceived and its history

go fuck yourself, they all influenced people in one way or another. just go fucking skate, fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1390717252349.jpg (68KB, 264x324px) Image search: [Google]
1390717252349.jpg
68KB, 264x324px
>tfw snow
>tfw all indoor parks shutdown
>tfw stuck in hibernation

KILLING MY PROGRESS, FUCK LIVING IN MIDWEST
>>
>>2218700
stay bitter love
>>
>>2219984
yes, but the "documentary" is nothing but advertising. Just showing you how it's done man, why are you so defensive of Mariano?

>>2220301
keep skating in your mind. I haven't been skating as frequently since I got my @#ing job, but I see progress eveyr time. Sometimes it works as extra motivation because you long to skate and it comes out when you get to skate.
>>
>>2220301
Same here, I've been watching a fuck ton of skate videos for inspiration when I start riding again. Here's some of what I've watched today if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aATR2vf222k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK7LAKFYO0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPcSapMN9qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5alEehUwsRs
>>
>>2214590
Fuck Powell and there history shit.
Claiming rodney mullen made street skating and its culture.
>>
>>2221246
I 'm not sure where you 're getting at. The L.A. boys were on Powell-Peralta
>>
>>2218118
nice man! how long have you been skating?
>>
>Aaron Kyro
>Professional skateboarder
>From the san francisco bay area
>Possesses inhuman skateboarding abilities
>Learned how to manny tre flip in under a week
>Can teach others his supernatural ways within minutes
>Has been slowly forming an army of superhuman skateboarding adolescents
>Calls it the braille army
>Braille army sleeper agents located around the world
>Ancient californian scriptures tell of one skater who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented intricate flip tricks
>Stranglehold on all skateboarding content on the entire internet
>Master of nonverbal hypnosis techniques taught to him by high rank scientologists
>Extremely famous on youtube thanks to hypnotizing people into subscribing to his channel
>Millions of people are subject to Kyro's hypnosis and unaware of it
>Scientists have been able to rent NSA satellites to focus on the energy behind Kyro's hypnotic abilities
>This is what they heard https://youtu.be/VtyY4x-tW6g
>Bay area entrusts all skateparks to be mentally overseen by Kyro. There are no skateparks, only Kyroparks.
>So good at skating that him and his army members boast their supernatural skateboarding abilities by skating and doing tricks with almost any object known to man
>Cooking pans, sweaters, silly putty, gum, beds of nails, human bodies, nothing is safe
>There is no physical matter on the planet that has not been skated on by The Braille Army
>You are probably being skateboarded on right now
>>
>>2214601
That sounds so good
>>
>>2221952
This is the funniest shit i've seen posted on here yet.
>>
>>2218700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-qalwjcI4
>>
File: unknown.png (154KB, 993x400px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
154KB, 993x400px
>>2221975
It's a copy pasta going around /pol/ not sure why it was made though
>>
>>2221983
because it's true
>>
>>2221952
that's a pretty quick rundown...
>>
I never rip the suede or canvas on my shoes, just get holes in the foxing/sidewall. It makes my shoes last a lot longer but I'm worried I'm flicking wrong?
>>
>>2221464
close to 4 years
>>
File: skategraph.png (45KB, 671x673px) Image search: [Google]
skategraph.png
45KB, 671x673px
>>2221983
how and why was this on /pol/??? lel
>>
>>2222473
That pic should've had white shoes with neon green laces and a neon green shoelace belt. Anyone else think that NinjaLifestyle dude looks like a fucking manlet pitbull?
>>
>>2222502
>NinjaLifestyle

the perfect examplification of "abilities do not save you from kookiness". The guy is JUST
>>
>>2221952
>Aaron
>good
pick one
>>
>>2222879
>(You)

There you go.
>>
>>2222996
thanks lad, I appreciate it
>>
>>2220759

i'm not defensive of mariano, i'm just saying why bother thinking about it too much when everything's going to influence something or someone one way or another, no matter the brand backing it?
>>
>>2222502
>NinjaLifestyle

Dude is a complete kook lmfao
>>
the only youtuber I like is Rad Rat. I also miss Loveletters, where are you Grossoman?>???
>>
What advice would you give your younger self who is just starting out skateboarding?
>>
I have a question to skateboarders. Why do you cunts look so damn fit? You aren't bulked but even the skinny skaters look "ottermode" and athletic. Do you hit the gym or is skateboarding alone usually enough to keep you in shape?
>>
>>2225193
Skateboarding is good excercise if you skate hard enough
>>
>>2225161
not so much advice, but i'd tell my younger self to focus on style and skate rails and ledges. i've only recently begun learning grinds (3-4 years ago) while i've skated for about 9 years
>>
>>2225193
skateboarding goes to the whole body. expect arms chest and neck
>>
>>2222879
He's better than you anon. I mean where's your video footage?
>>
File: LizardKing.jpg (232KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
LizardKing.jpg
232KB, 800x533px
Someone in the last thread was asking bout tranny, so I'll post my response here

>>2194691

Tranny/bowl here. I skate pretty loose compared to most (used to skate tight af, but I gradually loosened over the past year)

I'd suggest taking off the top washers instead, but that's just for me. Everyone's different.

Tips from tranny i guess would be to focus on learning how to pump. Master pumping through corners, up and down the transition, and conserve speed throughout your run.
Don't worry about getting air at first, that only comes with mastery of high speed and control. Start trying to ride higher and higher up the transistion. Get as close to the coping as you can. When you're feeling up to it, go a bit faster and higher than that and you'll start getting slash grinds. If anything, try droping in at one side and going right for a fly out to the deck on the other.
Happy thrashing

Also, who's in the Long Island/NYC area here? Let's sesh some time
>>
>>2225193
I've lost almost 10 pounds in the past month from just skating and snowboarding. I bet if I went to the gym on top it it, I'd be fit as hell in no time
>>
Been watching loads of nKa videos recently. What's his deal? He's been hanging with a LOT of kids recently.
>>
>>2225193
I guess I'm what you would call ottermode. I go to the gym almost every day beside skating almost every day. I wouldn't be in this shape if it wasn't for skating that's for sure.
>>
>>2226749
Do you do tricks or just skate from go to one place to another?
>>
>>2226754
I actually skate to the gym, I go to the skatepark in the morning and practice tricks and stuff.Then I gym at night. I had to stop skating last year after fracturing my kneecap and I started getting bulky during the recovery.
>>
>>2226681
I just moved to nassau county about 2 weeks ago from Tampa, could you possibly answer my question I previously posted?
>>2219445
>>
File: huge set up.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
huge set up.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>2226874
oh shizz, my bad
You're not gonna find anything great on Long Island. There are some Zumiez around and there's a rollerblade shop in Wantagh that has sooome gear.
If you wanna get good stuff, go online or into Manhattan. SHUT and Labor have shops in the Lower East Side, there's a Blades in Noho, and there's Uncle Funky's in the West Village. I'm sure I missed a few but you can always look for locations via Google Maps

All addresses are available on Google Maps, too
>>
>>2226515
Well that's subjective, given we skate nothing alike. And a moot point, you don't need to be better than someone to criticize them.
>>
>>2226681
Is that seriously a photo of a flyout? Fucking kook
>>
>>2227160
>Lizard King
>kook
aight you got me a little mad, but it's okay i forgive you anon
>>
>>2225193
Tell that to Jamie Foy, Johnny Layton, and Jon Dickson
>>
>>2225193
skating is great legwork and core exercise, surfing compensates the upper body.
>>
>>2227545
That's the joke though. Although to be serious for a sec, that photo is kinda lame
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>2228341
I miss the gnarly Lizard...
Wanna see some heavy wallride to grab shit again
>>
>>2228649
Personally, I imagine the grab would make that drop easier
>>
File: 1470432298049.jpg (800KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470432298049.jpg
800KB, 1600x1200px
went to the skatepark yesterday and sprained my ankle or some shit like 5 minutes being there, i was mad as hell and skated around for another 20 minutes gimped out. im still limping and extremely pissed i cant skate until the pain subsides. gonna get my friends together when the legs better and skate it up, just wish my friends werent such pansy asses.
>>
Wrestling shit hurts my eyes
>>
File: 1459137730965.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459137730965.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>tfw nearly landed my first ollie today
Holy christ im pumped

Also do you guys think its good idea to film yourself while you skate? Easier to correct yourself that way?
>>
>>2230062
>Easier to correct yourself that way?

that's a dumb excuse for hypocrites who want to film but have insecurities. What did people do before cameras?
>>
>>2230062
Absolutely film yourself
It's always good to actually see what you do when you skate, on top of getting feedback from other people

Don't listen to >>2230155
any tool available is a useful one
>>
>>2230155
What fucking retarded point do you think you're even making? The guy didn't come here looking for approval to film. He's asking if its easier to notice where he's going wrong if he films it.

How does that make him a hypocrite?

>What did people do before cameras?
What does that have to do with anything? We can't take advantage of modern technology for some imagined reason?

You're a fucking retard and a half dude.
>>
>>2230755
I didn't say that HE was a hypocrite.
And the hypocricy consists of people wanting to film but somehow feeling that they should justify it. My opinion: if you want to film, for whatever, do it. But the only way it "helps" is to make you improve on how to look on film.
>>
did anyone see the marrisa dal mar vid on thrasher? she shreds like we all want ladies to shred. no baby slow things
>>
>>2231559
I've saw it like when it was released, such a amazing skater.
>>
>>2220301
Try living in fucking England mate
>>
>>2231559
>>2231611
>tfw you'll never have a nice skater gf that's also not a huge queer
>>
>>2231796
Fucking UK man. I live in the third world, and skating barely exists here, and hard to get into, but I've always had the impression, that the UK has horrible weather, shitty architecture for street skating, cunt cops, and everywhere is packed. Is thia true? Do you have any half decent street spots around you, and a skate crew?
>>
>>2231559
Literally where?
>>
>>2231810
Where i live only has one ramp you'd have to go to the city for anything decent but the whenever it rains its usually wet for about a week. Me and my boys usually just street skate, some skaters did make an illegal skate park but the cunt council built a pound shop over it. Also houses are pretty expensive and small. Sorry u have to deal with living in a third world what country is it may i ask?
>>
>>2231824
A shit country, but at least we have good weather during spring, summer, and fall, and you can find big open flatground spots here and there.
>>
Anyone here going to the Copenhagen open this summer? I want to go so badly but I have no company :(
>>
>>2232053
Copenhagen looks dope as fuck, wished that Olympics were like that, 20 days of drinking, drugs , fucking, all skaters and athletes around the world.
>>
>>2232078
>drinking, drugs

Fucking degenerate.
>>
File: skatevarialflip.gif (710KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
skatevarialflip.gif
710KB, 450x253px
mah dudes

I realised

I can't practice all the tricks I want to do in one session.
And I 'm talking about the tricks I 'd really like to have down.
>>
>>2232130
Why not retard?
>>
>>2232133
not enough time
>>
>>2232130
never looked at things that way. I just go out and skate I don't have a quota of tricks I want to do
>>
>>2232142
that's good, but what if there are some tricks you 'd like to have? what if you freestyle?
>>
>>2232159
idk just try them until I get bored of not landing them
>>
>>2232162
you are wise, but I am yet to be enlightened.
>>
>>2232159
>what if you freestyle

Then I'd just kill myself.
>>
>>2225193
skaters are normally scrawny because they do cardio all day and smoke ciggies
>>
File: mark-stern-CJ.jpg (557KB, 1211x1689px) Image search: [Google]
mark-stern-CJ.jpg
557KB, 1211x1689px
>>2231810
My city has a pretty buzzing skate scene. Loads of crews and a decent number of parks considering it's a small city (300,000 people). There are a few decent spots to skate in the city and because there are always skaters around you don't normally have to worry about police or foot traffic. The weather is kind of shit but we have an OK indoor park. The janky architecture and shitty pavements makes skating less easy than if you lived on the west coast of the US where every spot is essentially skatepark quality. I live about 30 seconds from the main skate spot which is a pretty sick plaza with a bunch of ledges, a few gaps, and a big 3 block >pic related. However, apparently it's a no skating zone but I've only ever been kicked off it once and that was when there were only 2 of us skating. Normally there are at least 10 skaters there and police say nothing.
Overall I'd give skating in the UK a handsome 7/10
>>
>>2232350
what about the new fascist architecture or "agreesive" as they call it?
>>
IT'S UP!!

SLASH'S PART! BEHOLD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsMNyFo58W4
>>
>skatepark etiquette: GO EARLY OR GO BURLY

I'm a beginner and go around 9pm (2 hrs before close) and barely anyone is there. Am I breaking the rules? Also, anyone have experience with bruised ribs? Somebody left a coat button in a bowl and I found it.
>>
>>2232983
you're not breaking any rules
and i dunno bout ribs other than the one's you slather BBQ sauce on
>>
My buddy just picked up a Hi8 from his film school auction with a bunch of lenses and shit. Going to start filming a skate video when the weather gets nice, couldn't be more fucking excited.
>>
>>2231801
This. There's a qt grill I occasionally hang with. She's one of those girls that owns 5 thrasher shirts and posts on twitter all day how she wishes girls could skate and not be judged. I've seen her on a board like once and she can barely ride it, but she's a qt so I just let it pass.
>>
File: 1479305564817.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1479305564817.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>it's a brazilian rips ledges part
>it's a cuffed pants does slaps and no complies part
>it's a berrics documentary trying to legitimate nike and adidas in skate when nobody saw them
>>
>>2232130
that varial flip is begging for a nasty fall...
POP it! Goddammit!
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f[1].jpg (50KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f[1].jpg
50KB, 800x522px
>>2234005
>it's a Shane O'Neill redefines whats possible part
>>
>almost 4 years in skateboarding
>realise I 'm not leveling my ollies

kill me please
>>
>>2224627
>everything's going to influence something or someone one way or another

then why make a docu about "how more influential than others" these guys were? Industry is saying "influential" when what they mean is "point of reference in the industry". Influential of how to do business.
And a reminder here that it's ran by people like Berra who are borderline illiterate, their lines fed by lawyers and advertisers.
>>
>>2232983
I have experience with cracked ribs, takes 2-4 weeks to heal, could barely breathe and sleeo the first few days, pain was insane. There's this zinc, calcium, and magnesium meme powder you can drink, but I forgot the name. Other than that you just wait it out.
>>
>>2234195
just lift your back foot up and focus on that for a bit. practice it without a board. jump with your back foot delayed and make sure you lift it up high
>>
>>2226681
I skate transition and my trucks are hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
First day with new deck. I don't break with my tail. It comes from my pop only. How so I prevent getting my tail wear down to much?
>>
>>2234728
Don't do ollies on rough ground I guess. But it's really not something you need to worry about. You may not be able to pop as high with a worn out deck but you should be able to pop high enough. It happens slowly enough that your legs will adapt.
>>
>>2234319
could it be because I hit my foot when I took a slam? It's a little swollen now, 4 hours after the session, the side of my heel.
>>
>>2234957
no idea, but remember to have some descent thick shoes and that it one day clicked with me with the ollie.
The backfoot is as important as the pop and slide if not more.

just picture jumping without a board lifting your front foot and as the front foot takes to the ground you elevate your back foot.

as if your jumping from side to side. it may look lame but practice without a board jumping a foot or so side face but make sure you don't jump with both feet simultaneous. but your front foot first and as it begins to go down the back foot follows
>>
>>2234728
Que sera sera, mon copain. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>2235129
>>2235129

the thing is I am ollying much better and higher and more consistently then when I began, I 'm not that inexperienced. What I 'm afraid to ollie, I don't ollie but I don't bother about it too much, when I feel confident I 'll do it.
I wasn't even bummed that I can't bone them, but at least I was sure I was levelling them.
>>
>>2234728
That's like nothing dude, just dont worry about it and ride. Your boards going to naturally wear over time if you're dedicated to riding.
>>
>>2233098
Gracias. Going out again tonight then

>>2234225
Thanks, looks like the meme powder is for bone growth. I doubt they're cracked but it couldn't hurt.
>>
this thread has been going for like 4 years
>>
>>2227127
Sure... you said he wasn't good, though. That statement makes you sound like you don't know anything about skating. you can not like him, and that's fine. Saying he isn't good makes you seem like a poser.
>>
>>2230155
Dumbest post on /asp and there's a lot of wrestling shit out there.
>>
>>2236923
Counter point, taking an obvious joke seriously. And arguing that it somehow makes others "posers". Makes you sound like an autist.
>>
>>2231439
>I didn't say that HE was a hypocrite
I can't say I care about such semantics, since you did say this retarded number
>that's a dumb excuse for hypocrites who want to film but have insecurities

>And the hypocricy consists of people wanting to film but somehow feeling that they should justify it
Sounds like you're either projecting hard or just being retarded. Either way I still fail to see how that's hypocrisy.

>My opinion: if you want to film, for whatever, do it
Then why did you feel the need to go into stupid statements about "hypocrites"?

>But the only way it "helps" is to make you improve on how to look on film.
If you're improving how your tricks look, so that they look better on film. As a rule of thumb, they are gonna look better in real life too. Again what fucking point do you think you're making?
>>
>>2233363
>She's one of those girls that owns 5 thrasher shirts and posts on twitter all day how she wishes girls could skate and not be judged. I've seen her on a board like once and she can barely ride it
The reason she feels like she is being judged is because she is shit. Just like any beginner skater feels judged by their peers, because they are overtly self conscious of looking like a kook. She needs to stop blaming society and start improving herself desu
>>
>be me
>move for college
>no skate shops
>no skateparks
>old one was torn down by school for being too worn down
>only have some streets and a small parking lot outside apartment

I'm glad I put together a new board just before I came here. I cant believe a college with a rather active skating community has literally nothing for them.
>>
File: britbong.jpg (103KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
britbong.jpg
103KB, 700x700px
>>2231796
innit
>outdoor parks always soaked
>£7 for a one hour indoor park sesh
>fucking filled with scooter kids anyway
>garbage street spots
>there isn't even any stairs in my town
>have to manchester or london to mett any skaters or find any spots
>still fucking raining
>months of practicing and getting thrown off by a rainy week
>no one knows how to make a good skatepark
>get made fun of by scooter kids
>miles between every skateshop, if you break your board you're fucked
>no sponsors want skaters in the UK
>rozzers always up your ass if you try and skate in public
>pitch black at 4 pm
I wish I had enough money to leave this shithole.
>>
>>2236929
oops, found the guy who "doesn't skate for sponsors".
>>
File: dam.png (989KB, 962x962px) Image search: [Google]
dam.png
989KB, 962x962px
>>2232350
Where you live my nigga I'm moving
>>
>>2233355
Damn. I really want to get into filming but I know one skater in my whole town.
>>
>>2234195
xd
>one year of skating (not counting cruising) and my ollies look hot
>>
>>2234728
You could be a cheapskate and duct tape your tail like I used to
>>
I'm going here in a couple of weeks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9PimXKeZ-s
fucking pray for me. I've never seen another skater there
>>
>>2237960
nah mate, I can level my ollies, I probably could tweak them too if I put a little effort in it. That day I hit the side of my heel which is still swollen, plus I put my front foot mostly in the middle of my board to get the illusion of height, which is wrong, and so I can't level them then.
>>
>>2238082
yeah I get a bit fucked sometimes because half of my board isn't gripped
>>
>>2232130
Are varial kick flips hated around the world as much as they are in Australia?
>>
>>2238351
only in skateboarding press. If I could varial flip I 'd feel so good. I think I 'm on teh verge of having them.
>>
>>2237957
He's the only one I really skate with and he lives an hour away. I'm sure we'll meet some people while filming and stuff though. Moving into a house with him and a few other friends who skate next year. It's going to be tight.
>>
>>2237157
Exactly my thoughts. I've told her that. I've told her as long as she rides nobody really cares how good you are.
>>
File: Primitive.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Primitive.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: thatfeelwhen.jpg (58KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelwhen.jpg
58KB, 400x320px
>tfw I can't get a Consolidated sweatshirt in Europe anymore

http://skately.com/library/videos/consolidated-skateboards-is-what-it-is
>>
>>2238647
Sick. You should post your video on here when it's done.
>>
>>2234215
seriouuly, if only George Poweel had listened to Stacy, skateboarding would be in a better place right now, bigger than surfing
>>
Why are the sizing in Converse Cons so fucked up?
It's annoying.
>>
>>2239731
this video is so excellent, Imma watchit again tommorow
>>
>>2232983
there's literally no rules. you can go to the skatepark whenever the fuck you feel like. also no one is gonna judge you for being new or shit at skating, anyone that does is a fuckin kook that's into it for fashion.
>>
>>2237981
jesus christ
>>
So I've been getting pretty good at my power slides lately except; I can only come to a full stop or complete the 180 to keep on rolling, i dont know why but for the life of my i just cant slide it out then bring it back unless its just a little carve slide for a brief second.

I watched a bunch of videos and they say to just bring your weight back on your front foot but knowing doesn't seem to help.

Should I bother to continue to struggle to learn to slide properly or just say fuck it and stick with these bad habits.
>>
>>2243556
Doesn't sound like you're happy with it so keep practicing
>>
>>2238648
Well at least you tried man
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-jMSEomKE8
>>
How training for the olympics going anon? You are gonna represent your country, and win gold, right?
>>
>>2239247
is it possible that i can learn preassure flips even when i can do only olli, 180 frontside and pop shove it?
>>
>>2245195
sounds very plausible to me. Hell, you could learn to pressure flip even before ollying.
>>
>>2245195
>is it possible to learn tricks

Gee bro I don't know.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170207-190330~01.png (41KB, 825x391px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170207-190330~01.png
41KB, 825x391px
Well glad that's settled.
>>
File: IMG_0657.jpg (362KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0657.jpg
362KB, 2048x1367px
SERIOUS QUESTION

I want to learn to skate but don't know anything about it. What board/wheels/etc should I get to learn? Do I just start riding in my driveway for practice??
>>
>>2221952
2spooky
>>
>>2245407
Just go at a skatepark late at night and beat him up for his board.
>>
>>2222516
What does kook means?
I'm not a native speaker so...
>>
>>2222516
>>2224761
Redditors not allowed.
>>
>>2245383
underrated post
>>
>>2239819
Not him but this is a quick vid before our bigger video coming out soon we kinda suck but whatever it's fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhNfPEHPSdg&t=44s
>>
>>2246785

Get better, THEN make videos. Don't waste electricity filming this shit.
>>
>>2247211
aw come on we're just having fun
>>
>>2247339
he's a troll, don't worry. You know we are supportive here.
>>
>>2246785
ok, that spot at 1:07. I wanna see that round wall ridden. MAKE IT HAPPEN. Also, you guys are ok but try to film in another spot as well, I know you want too.
>>
>>2246785
>spent an year and a half filming a street part
>almost done editing it, about to debut in a week
>trendy hipsters that have been skating for 2 months and can't roll straight yet used the song I wanted
>have to start allover

Always unlucky.
>>
File: 4895865.jpg (75KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4895865.jpg
75KB, 400x400px
>>2245407
1. Go to your local skateshop and ask for advice.
You can't go wrong with an 8" board and some 52mm wheels but since I don't know your budget and how big of a guy you are you should get advice from your local skateshop.
2. Ride where you want to. I think everyone started riding in their driveways or atleast practiced there.
>>
>>2248019
>implying everyone has a driveway
>>
>>2248022
>not having a driveway
You either live in New York or Somalia. Either way move out of your parents' house and get a place with a fucking driveway.
>>
>>2248039
Fucking entitled spoiled rich kids.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQI50xQghY5/?taken-by=southernshorti
Look at those views, likes and comments praising this absolute beginner tier garbage.

Women aren't going to produce any videos of value, when they get praised for being below mediocre. Your average /asp/ie tard is better than this.
>>
>>2248080
True, but she looks like a cute as fuck vampire
>Women aren't going to produce any videos of value
Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Did you see lacey baker's part on thrasher's yt? it's fire.
>>
>>2248083
>lacey baker
>woman

heh
>>
>>2248086
>looks like a dude
>makes them not a woman still
>shiggy
>>
>>2248133
>is autistic
>can't tell a joke
>posts reddit memes
>>
>>2248153
>possibly
>Joke
>Implying I've ever been on reddit
>>
>>2248326
have sex
>>
>>2248083
>True, but she looks like a cute as fuck vampire
Perhaps, I didn't see the photo/video your referring to.

>Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Did you see lacey baker's part on thrasher's yt? it's fire.
I found it utterly boring if we are being honest. I wouldn't have bothered watching it if it were a man. But ultimately that's just my opinion and so its a little beside the point.

Getting on to my main point. First of all don't shorten my quote, at least use the full sentence. Because what you've quoted takes away the main point of it. Lacy Baker didn't get to partake in this instagram,facebook, social media culture when she was learning to skate. She simply isn't the kinda women I was talking about. She didn't get instant validation from complete strangers for every boring generic trick she attempted. And that selfie culture type bullshit is what I'm speaking out against. Not the women who actually made something of themselves, but rather the precedent instagram is setting for le sk8r gurls to be utterly boring, yet praised regardless. Because of their gender or looks.

Basically what I was saying was, women who are praised for being boring, like my example. Aren't going to go on to doing anything of value. Because they aren't motivated to, because they already are treated as if they have. Lacy Baker didn't get that treatment and she went on to learn what the fuck she was doing as a result.

I imagine it would be kinda insulting to her to compare her to what I was criticizing like that. I don't think she grew up surrounded by praise from complete strangers before she was any good.
>>
>>2248442
I get your point on the selfie culture thing, but most if not all of the undeserving attention is from fuccbois. Honestly I don't know how you found Lacey's part booring, nose manny, nollie tre and bs tail 3-shuv in the first few tricks were phenomenal in my opinion
>>
>>2247978
just remove the song you cunt. are you editing using a vcr or something?
>>
>>2248074
I have never been to a house with a driveway.
>>
File: kill me.png (2KB, 226x23px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.png
2KB, 226x23px
>>2248080
this makes me want to die
>>
>>2248083
>Women aren't going to produce any videos of value, when they get praised for being below mediocre.
read the fucking sentence before posting you cuck
>>
>>2248539
Yeah its a fucking cringe fest

>>2248515
>I get your point on the selfie culture thing, but most if not all of the undeserving attention is from fuccbois.
Even if we assume that's true, its still a problem. The mediocrity is still encouraged and its holding women's skating back. They can't be pandered to as if they are inherently second rate.

Also its not only fuccbois as you put it, the one I listed is followed by Darren Navarrette for example. Navarrete definitely knows better than to think this women is anything bar mediocre, yet sees fit to encourage this women anyway. And that's probably done with the best of intentions, I get that he's probably trying to motivate them. But its having a bit of the opposite effect. She is not only content in her mediocrity, she is getting in an ego about it. I recall my first exposure to her a while back, instagram suggested her sadlands vid to me. And it was really bad to be blunt. Yet when someone, who was admittedly being a bit of a dick. Criticized her on it, her response was some "I bet you couldnt do this" type crap. As if she has some ego about her poor skating. And skaters as a whole, have to stop enabling that sort of shit imo.

>Honestly I don't know how you found Lacey's part booring, nose manny, nollie tre and bs tail 3-shuv in the first few tricks were phenomenal in my opinion
I'm more of a transition guy, none of it was really relatable to me. I'm not big on flip tricks, I don't know her personally and I've no reason to care about any of the spots in the vid. I haven't been to them, I'm not familiar with them. It was talented, but it just wasn't for me, at all.
>>
>>2248583
To expand on this I just wasted a minute finding that sadlands clip again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNh_44tAFzR/?taken-by=southernshorti

And the first comment in the exchange I was referring to has since been deleted. But her response was
>@alvin_middleton how am I posing? I'd like to see your ugly ass ride down that sketchy ass sadlands shit. You are disgusting

Which is a fucking terrible response, because if you look at either video the guy has on his channel. He is clearly a much better skater than her.

Yet when called out on it he goes full fucking beta and responds
>whoooaaa jokes yo
>lol
>that is sketchy

Fucking cringe inducing crap from both of them.
>>
File: IMG_2478.png (301KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2478.png
301KB, 640x1136px
>>2214585
>skate to my local
>as I open the gate I see tweaked cunts get dropped off by their mum
>fuckinghell.jpg

I've been sessioning the speed bumps outside for like 30 minutes now waiting for them to leave

Wat do?
>>
>>2248524
Shut up hipster poser trash.
>>
>>2248633
What's a tweaked cunt? Why can't you skate when they're around?
>>
>>2248657
People who go to get fucked up on hard drugs at the skatepark. Last time I skates with them there alone I got offered heroin and almost stabbed when I said no.

I'm at this car park now. It's ok for flat shit
>>
>>2248670
Just get your boys and beat the shit out of them. Why would druggies use their mom for a ride to the saktepark? I thought you were talking about scooter kids at first.
>>
>>2248726
Their parents really don't care about them. I think they lie to their mums about what they're doing there.

Anyway, they left and I had a good session
>>
File: Wish I werent here.jpg (60KB, 488x392px) Image search: [Google]
Wish I werent here.jpg
60KB, 488x392px
>There is only 1 skateboard thread on all of 4chan
>It's always filled with bitter virgins arguing over whether or not gurrls can skateboard

Dead thread
>>
>>2248769
>they left and I had a good session

After you beat them up and threatened them for their lives? Proud of you bro.
>>
>>2248442
>I found it utterly boring if we are being honest. I wouldn't have bothered watching it if it were a man

I don't want to come off as jockish, but can you nollie heel out of your slides bro? Her technical level is beyond Elisa Steamer's, so at least you can't say that women can't be as good as men. And don't start about mega ramps and shit, because the percentage of men able to ride megaramps and spectacular shit like that is also marginal.
>>
>>2248788
Kek

I think they left for a drink and when they came back I was skating and they just gave up.
>>
http://theridechannel.com/features/2017/02/9-ethical-questions-all-skaters-should-ask-themselves/

thoughts
>>
File: conan.jpg (10KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
10KB, 197x256px
>>2248442
>She didn't get instant validation from complete strangers for every boring generic trick she attempted

the locals at my park know how shit I am and genuinely cheer me whenever I land a flip. It is both discouraging and encouraging. I am a man btw, pic related
>>
>>2248917
That's right, after a good beating, when they see you, the go away immediately.
>>
>>2248928
Or I can not think about any of that fedora shit, and just ride a skateboard if I feel like it.
>>
>>2248583
I totally get what you mean. And your thinking is right.

But you forget that girls don't come from the same beginning point as boys. Boys are expected to grab a skateboard. It would look natural. Girls on skateboards have never been common. Yes, there have been female skaters in the past, but girls wouldn't skateboard. And say girls want to skateboard: what is their pool of choice? We can have men to chose a different style, whole companies are built around similar concepts.
But girs? Only now, in the 21st century did Meow arrive. And girls look at it and say "well, they may not ALL be good, but some of them shred. And it's all female, like me". A girl would be normal to have doubts on whether she could do all the cool tricks she sees on videos. That's a man, she would say, can I do that too? What if I threaten men if I come at an equal level as them? WIll I become celibate? And will other women ALSO hate me?

Girls begin with a disadvanatge.

>>2248963
don't be afraid of your thoughts, man, give it a read and say what you think, how it makes you feel. Don't be defensive, put down your thoughts, nobody knows you here. There is no right or wrong.
>>
>>2248987
I just skimmed through the questions and realized there's no point in reading it at all.
>>
>>2248987
>will i be celibate
if thats why you skate then...
>>
>>2248928
>fallen heroes
Gator is a fucking murderer.
>>
fuck, I knew a guy like Mango was into that song and I was proven correct when I saw either his or Jalba's playlist on Jenkemm but now he used it in an edit, fuuuuuuuuuuuck, I so wanted that song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aymECeQVaMI

>>2249113
1.Read again, you misunderstood what I wrote for the complete opposite
2. Nothing wrong with skating to get punani.
>>
File: darklord.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
darklord.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
What do you all think about this? Did IllegalCiv start a trend with white 15 year old fags were they film average lines in between bouts of delinquency?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rl3LZOCG7I
>>
>>2249270
>video blocked in my country

Loving this life.
>>
>>2249279
lel, me too.

>>2249270
>a trend with white 15 year old fags were they film average lines in between bouts of delinquency?

no, that would be the Questionable video.
>>
>>2249279
>proxy
>>
>>2249279
>>2249285

In the URL were it says YouTUBE, just replace the TUBE part with PAK, so it reads YouPAK. That's how I do it.
>>
>>2249312
that never worked for me. I think it's a hoax. A big internet hoax.

>>2249313
let's see.
>>
>>2249313
it fucking worked, you magnificent leet haxz0r, you wizard of the cyberspace.
>>
>>2249270
I think it's always been a thing. It's funny to see shit like that.

That mall grab at 2 minutes fucks me up though. I hope he was joking.
>>
>>2249270
who you callin' average lines xD??? I bet you wouldn't say that to their faces.
But thanks for linking us to this. Not one minute in and I 'm in love.
>>
How, when and why did Thrasher become thot streetwear?

It fucks me up to see bitches and fags who don't even skate wearing thrasher.
>>
>>2249270
at 3:02 is that Billy Valdez??? the fuaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

I find it hard to believe but also exhilarating that kids like this exist today. Lets me hope.
>>
>>2249333
Yeah it sucks a lot, even here in the third world people wear it. Overpaid threefold plus expensive 1-2 month shipping to get it, just to be considered cool.
>>
>>2249349
stop saying thirld world mothafucka. Capitalism is homogenising the planet and along with it, bringing true internationalist perspective to the proletars, slow and steady. And cool spots and videos represent all corners of it. Fuck the TTP and TTIP.
>>
>>2249364
I live in a country where we haven't had warm water and heating in the past few days, and wont for a few more, yet people are spending third world currency that's almost three times less valuable than the dollar, just to buy a shitty thrasher sweater.

Yes it's the third world.
>>
>>2249381
>where we haven't had warm water and heating in the past few days

who's "we"? all of your country or just your building?
>>
>>2249381
Shit sucks man. I think I was talking to you on the last thread but idk
>>
>>2249387
The literal capitol city.
>>
>>2249402
I hope it passes, you were right and I 'm sorry. Got to live, you 're good in my eyes if you want to have fun. Not your fault or any girl's who wants to wear a shirt fault.
>>
Skateboarding looks fun, is 20 too old to learn?
>>
>>2248987
There's this all-girl skate crew outta NYC called SkateKitchen.
It's a pretty positive team that focuses solely on shredding rather than giving a fuck about gender issues.
>>
>>2248787
I'm not a virgin and being a virgin wouldn't invalidate my opinion. And nobody is arguing if they can skate, that isn't the discussion. Learn to rad you shitposting moron.

>>2248912
>I don't want to come off as jockish, but can you nollie heel out of your slides bro?
I've already stated I don't care for such tricks, why would I learn that? And thats besides the point, I don't need to be able to do a trick to criticize it.

>Her technical level is beyond Elisa Steamer's, so at least you can't say that women can't be as good as men
Your missing my point entirely and arguing against something I never said, as I've already stated. They can't be pandered to as if they are inherently second rate. I believe this selfie culture bullshit is counter productive to their motivation.

>>2248939
The locals at your local park aren't complete strangers. You didn't contradict my point at all.

>>2248987
I disagree with the notion we need sponsored female skaters regardless of if they are good to inspire more girls to skate. I don't think gender should have anything to do with it, you don't need to relate to someones gender to be inspired by them.

Furthermore we already have a few genuinely talented and prominent girl skaters, surely we don't need to then pander to mediocre ones as well.

>What if I threaten men if I come at an equal level as them? WIll I become celibate? And will other women ALSO hate me?
I don't think any girls are holding back on being good so they can get laid.
>>
>>2239819
Will do, it'll probs be done like late in the summer/september ish.
>>
any bay area lurkers in this thread?
>>
>>2249609
Nah, do it, it is fun
>>
>>2249609
Do it! I started with 21
>>
>>2221219
holy shit the house vid
>>
>>2222516
Ninja is the worst kind of faggot
>>
>>2249857
>multireplies

Fuck off redditor.
>>
>>2250674
Longboarding/scootering cuffed pants, converse wearing ,no comply doing, to traps fapping, virgin being nu-male detected.
>>
File: le midget fucker face.png (150KB, 284x290px) Image search: [Google]
le midget fucker face.png
150KB, 284x290px
>>2250790
>responding to everything addressed to me in one post, instead of several, somehow makes me a reddit user
Son, are you literally retarded?
>>
>>2251128
Shut up redditor.
>>
>>2251136
I don't browse reddit though, what gives you that idea you retard?
>>
>>2251176
Nice try redditor.
>>
>>2251182
>shitposting like some kind of reddit user
>calling others redditors
>>
File: 1486142725414.jpg (220KB, 1316x930px) Image search: [Google]
1486142725414.jpg
220KB, 1316x930px
>>2230062
I did the exact same dude. I realised my pop was making the board tilt to the left with the footage I got. Helped alot.

Glad to see you're having a good time with it!
>>
File: IMG_2513.png (209KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2513.png
209KB, 640x1136px
>>2249270
Fucking hell.

I was watching it last night. What happened???
>>
>>2251556
>being a redditor
>trying to damage control
>>
>>2251881
>fosters in your recommended videos

Anon???????
>>
>>2251889
Mexican let's player
>>
>>2251895
porale vato loco
>>
File: 1486260240396.jpg (39KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1486260240396.jpg
39KB, 600x549px
>>2237932
Scotland here

I know that feel. It's been raining for weeks here. Our roads are fucking shit too
>>
>>2249778
>There's this all-girl skate crew outta NYC called SkateKitchen.
>It's a pretty positive team that focuses solely on shredding rather than giving a fuck about gender issues.

then why is it an all-girl group?
>>
>>2250296
yes, I like early Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus
>>
File: teeny_edit.webm (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
teeny_edit.webm
1MB, 960x720px
I'm 2 years in to skateboarding, started when I was 16 and now I'm 18. What do you guys think?

The second to last trick was supposed to be a front crook but my fucking front crook is trash. It did crook though, take my word for it.
>>
just bought some new lakais and started skating them fresh out the box i've been getting clowned for skating new shoes is it that bad?
>>
>>2252984
M
O
R
E

S
P
E
E
D

G
O

F
A
S
T
E
R
>>
>>2252984
that tweaked ollie north 180 was sick
>>
>>2253098
Not really. New shoes are generally considered a pain to skate in because they're still stiff. But you've got to break them in somehow and it normally only takes a day or two of skating.

>>2252984
The ollie north was cool. The backside flip was clean but personally I don't like the revert. Willy grinds? Really? Redo the front crooks.
>>
>>2252044
Ayup I'm a britbong and it just stopped raining
>>
File: crookz.webm (553KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
crookz.webm
553KB, 960x720px
>>2253718
>Redo the front crooks.
Here ya go
>>
>>2254097
>Just stopped raining
Fuck you it's still raining in south britland
>>
>>2254183
It's fookin raining and snowing up here in Scotland now. Fuckfuckfuck so much for a weekend I just wanna die x(
>>
>>2254097
Whazzup Spencer?
>>
>>2249609
It's never to late just don't ever quit.
>>
Would you fuck Lacey Baker for 200 dollars and a used complete in good condition? Condoms are provided.
>>
>>2254331
Hey guys it's me, spencer nuzzi, you're watching the ride channel and today we're gonna learn how to land your flippityflops every time.
>>
>>2254519
Yep. I'd go for a few extra rounds if you threw in a cool hoodie.
>>
>>2254519
I actually like Lacey Baker. I have always been into tomboys, since I was little. But your question sucks and you suck as well.
>>
>>2254870
Yeah, tomboys are cool, but she has a straight buzzcut. Looks exactly like me when I was 15.
>>
>>2254885
>Looks exactly like me when I was 15.

good thing you weren't around me then, kek.
>>
>>2254897
Yeah, because I would have knocked your bitchass out.
>>
>>2254900
even if I was sweet and tender?
>>
>>2254902
You'd be tender after I was done punching you alright.
>>
>>2254916
why so defensive? I 'm not even present. I am just posts on the internet. And I bet you never knew a tomboy. I bet you trust college girls when they say "I used to be such a tomboy".
>>
>>2254920
I bet you keep projecting on the internet all day, just like that, in between your tomboy faps.
>>
>>2254920
Repressed sexual frustrations
>>
>>2254870
Lacey Baker goes beyond being a tomboy
>>
>>2255316
Reverse trap
>>
wrestling and ASP should have different boards.
>>
Should I cop this?
>>
>>2256004
on the top
>>
>>2256005
Hookups xd
>>
>>2255974
Keep wrestling in /asp/ and give skateboarding it's own board (kek)

Think of how many threads could come out of this one if it was its own board
>>
>>2256004
>>2256005
Fuck that. Get >>2255307 on your board.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 580x601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 580x601px
>>2225193
I've been working on my arms, shoulders, and core strength to stall inverts. Here's an old photo of myself doing a mediocre hand turn
>>
>>2256162
whats your setup?
>>
>>2248080
I've seen this chick at my local a few times. She is pretty cool from the few times I talked to her. But, someone told me she's about 27, talked shit on a girl who is WAY better and a decade younger than her. Since then I've been avoiding her.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2256167
my current setup is a ScramxAssult skates deck and the dimensions are 10x30 and 14.5in WB. I'm riding 159 Independents, Super Reds, Bones Bushings and 58mm OJs.
>>
>>2256004
Yes!
>>
>>2256016
Stop being a faggot, I bet you can't even do a simple slob fastplant
>>
>>2256399
nigga i cant even skate
>>
>>2214585
does anyone else cum in their bearings for long lasting lubricant
>>
>>2238351
i dont know whats wrong with varial flips?
varial heels hardlfips and inwards are equivalent to VF and they're not hated.
I do them all the time and people complains about it for absolutely no reason at all.
>>
Could I get away with an 8.88 wide board with trucks meant for a 9.0?
>>
>>2256687
It's 'cause they're easier than kickflips, but I don't buy into the hate.

>>2256698
M8 yes, literally do what you want
>>
File: WW3CHECK.png (186KB, 351x416px) Image search: [Google]
WW3CHECK.png
186KB, 351x416px
>>2256666
No, does it work?

Also checked
>>
>>2256775
there's no better lube
>>
>>2256666
wow

quads and a joke

we have been blessed this day
>>
>>2256815
I wasn't joking, hence the quads
>>
>>2254097
Rain stopped here today but I tripped and fell downstairs last week and broke my fucking arm. Kill me.
>>
File: fucking flake on me nigga.png (5KB, 203x248px) Image search: [Google]
fucking flake on me nigga.png
5KB, 203x248px
>tfw your friedn said he'd come clean up the pool with you after work at 6:00 and now it's 6:22
>>
File: fucking hell.png (21KB, 84x103px) Image search: [Google]
fucking hell.png
21KB, 84x103px
>>2256822
Just started fucking raining again

>weekend fucked
>>
>>2256162
>a mediocre hand turn

bruh, if I could do that on vert I would ask Mike Tyson to move behind me in the qeue
>>
>>2256162
oh I just noticed

>I <3 posers

yeah, you 're one of me

#PoserWayofLife
#PoserOrDie
>>
>>2256830
Find an undercover carpark to skate in mate, I usually skate the TK Maxx one near my house but it can be sketchy on the weekends unless you're with somebody else to watch your back.
>>
>>2257077
They put security guards on mine since me and my friends started skating it.
>>
>>2256825
We cleaned most of it and we're doing the rest tomorrow and skating it. We'll probably have a video out in a few days too.
>>
>>2254832
My name is Spencer Nuzzi and I ain't that professional kook from the Scientology Bay area
>>
>>2257169
you rule Spencer
>>
>>2257169
hell yea
>>
tfw too awkward to go to my local skatepark

[spoiler]I've been skating for 9 years[/spoiler]
>>
>>2257481
>spoilers don't work on /asp/
I feel bad about this. I have serious confidence issues.
>>
>>2257481
>>2257487

kek, don't worry matey. Just go. I understand how you feel, but see if this works: put in your mind to go and just shake the rust off, just to cruise and ollie a little and go from there.
>>
>>2257503
Skating has had such a boom in my area recently. There's a lot of amazing talent here now. I just feel like an old, out of place relic from a time past when I skate with people and it makes me feel awful. I really need to get over this cause the only good park in my immediate area is a members only sort of deal.
>>
>>2232983

More power to you if that's a good time to go and the lighting is good enough. My local parks both have good enough lights but effective 9pm the park is only full of homeless and beaners who carry weapons.
>>
>>2258216
It's rare that my park's not full of cumts by 5pm
>>
>>2257523
Solution:
Buy an 80s board and do 80s tricks
>>
>>2256186
nice setup anon.
>>
>>2256184
im gonna need more details to make judgement
>>
File: IMG_2538.jpg (58KB, 640x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2538.jpg
58KB, 640x598px
>be me
>live in small town
>have only one friend who skates
>let's me down and lies to me constantly
>sick of his bullshit
>tfw I can't stop being friends with him because there's no one else to skate with

What should I do? I don't think there's even anyone who skates in my town other than me and him.
>>
File: 1453799118090.gif (216KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453799118090.gif
216KB, 400x400px
>>2256186

I want that [spoiler]deck[/spoiler]
>>
>>2258702
you don't need friends to skate, I've skated alone for almost a year and I've learned more in that year than I ever have before
>>
>>2259014
I used to be like you. The majority of enjoyment I got out of skating came from progressing and learning new stuff. I was happy to skate on my own because you don't need anyone watching to learn something new. However, nowadays I find the most enjoyment in skating with bros. I can just cruise around doing ollies all day and still have fun as long as I'm with some other skaters.
>>
noo thread AHAHAHAHAHA

>>2259322
>>2259322
>>2259322
>>2259322
>>
>>2259323
it's not even 404'd yet
>>
File: IMG_8169.jpg (248KB, 960x835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8169.jpg
248KB, 960x835px
Hi there, soon to be new skater here. I'm looking to go into my local shop this week and pick up my first complete deck and go from there. I've always been interested in skateboarding but I've had a bad knee injury in the past I never fully recovered from, it still gives me problem today. Is it possible to succeed with a loopy knee and if so what are the steps to take? I'm also looking for any other tips, all help is appreciated, thank you!
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.