[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the worst year in wrestling and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: wwe-big-show-new-years-o.gif (442KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
wwe-big-show-new-years-o.gif
442KB, 320x180px
What is the worst year in wrestling and why?
>>

>death of WCW
>Austins heel turn is a flop and kills the wrestling boom
>Rock starts his transition to Hollywood and is never a full time guy again
>inVasion is a huge failure and probably the worst booked angle of all time
>Jericho gets the undisputed title that leads to him getting treated like a joke and buried by HHH

the first 3 months being GOAT tier don't save it imo, the InVasion being so bad still triggers me. Such a missed opportunity
>>
>>2214219

because it was awful and wwe saw its lowest buyrates its ever seen
>>
>>2214230
Not your typical answer but it makes sense. Had a lot of good matches throughout the year but business wise there were so many fucking terrible decisions.
>>
File: whatjusthappened.gif (2MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
whatjusthappened.gif
2MB, 320x218px

we've been over this many, many times
>>

a lot of injuries (Great Khali was world champion for a bit ffs)
Cena's reign of terror
>>
For me it was when WCW started coming in WWF. Killed all interest I had in the business.
>>
>>2214230
this.
Vince's hardon to delegitimize the WCW guys ruined what should have been one of the greatest eras of wrestling, the influx of WCW talent into the WWF.
plus it sucked that their sole viable competitor died at all, but for it to die and then not produce much to speak of sucks
>>
2007, 2009, 2013, 2015 and last year in particular were HORRIBLE

it's been pretty shit in general since 2005
>>
File: 2368553.jpg (6KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
2368553.jpg
6KB, 212x238px
raw guest host era

completely unwatchable. turned me from die hard to just a casual observer

guess i should thank them
>>
>>2214230
>2001

Implying any year after 2003 was better.
>>
>>2214219

this year will be

>Cena is champ
>Roman fucking Reigns #30 again, eliminates Undercarder and will beat him at Mania because lol i let Vince fuck me
>Balor getting burried the instant he returns
>Rollins gets buried at mania by le shovelman
>Part timers, part timers everywhere

If the start of the year is like this, its going to be a fucking shitshow for the rest of the year
>>
>>2214541
Meh, they held it together until about 2006. Then the whole company went completely to shit for almost a decade.
>>
>>2214558
>le sholveman
you had me at Undercarder
>>
>>2214244
Easily. I member the cards being so weak. We had cena/ortonOrton every ppv it seemed like.
>>
>>2214336

Same, anon. The second the part timers are done and Taketty and Jericho retire, I'll have no reason at all to keep coming back. Nostalgia will finally let me let go
>>
>>2214230
Always felt that the Jericho angle could have worked if they had Jericho betray the WWF and seek the help of the WCW guys to win the title. Jericho and his WCW buddies then hold all the major WWF titles leading into Mania.

HHH comes back at the Rumble to defeat Jericho and save the WWF from the WCW coup. A whole bunch of WWF guys also reclaim the WCW titles at Mania, thus culminating the Invasion angle.

But no, let's just have the champion pick up Stephanie's dog's shit instead.
>>
>>2214336
Fuck, I hated this with a passion. This was the most desperate I've ever seen the WWE for ratings, until they brought back all the washed up stars for le nostalgia buys.
>>
2017 is giving all of these other years a run for their money with that shit rumble. And their alleged Mania plans? Vince is a wrinkly penis.
>>
>tfw you like randy orton
>>
1999 was the worst not even close
>>
>>2214219
2013 and 2015 was absolute bottom of the barrel.

But this year is already shaping up to be shit. It looks like WWE has finally given up on making new stars.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.