[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WORST RUMBLE EVER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: WWE_Royal_Rumble_2017.0.jpg (84KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
WWE_Royal_Rumble_2017.0.jpg
84KB, 940x545px
WORST RUMBLE EVER
>>
NOT ONE SINGLE SURPRISE ENTRANT
>>
WHERE IS KURT?
>>
>>2212139
Only Tye Dillinger. (James Ellsworth if you are being generous)
>>
>>2212062
it was actually GOAT after Lesnar showed up, and then ultra GOAT after Roman showed up. Worst rumble before that though yes.
>>
>>2212177
and they did nothing with Tye. What a fucking waste and what a shit rumble.
>>
>>2212226
>expecting anything out of Tye
>>
Aside from the lack of call ups and surprise entrants, this was a solid Rumble. Had alot of great moments, and a surprise winner that was acceptable.
>>
>>2212489
>surprise winner
We've known about it for a few days tho. Have you not been here?
>>
>>2212489
Even though he's already won a Rumble.
>>
>>2212062
>Want to make Roman the face of the company
>Have him enter at 30 when people are waiting for a surprise entrance
>Have him eliminate one of the most over guys in the match
wtf is wrong with creative?
>>
>>2212510
Sorry, was I supposed to take bookies placing betting odds on pro wrestling seriously. How was I supposed to know they would actually call it down the middle?
>>
WE GON BLOW UR MIND
>>
>>2212062
Second worst after 2014
>>
Nah it was pretty based
>>
>>2212062

Z E R O

S U R P R I S E

E N T R A N T S

NOT EVEN SOME OLD GUY LIKE DDP
>>
>>2212489
>this was a solid Rumble.

Lol you're pathetic
>>
>>2212847
>How was I supposed to know they would actually call it down the middle?

By not being completely dumb?
>>
>>2212908
>Dillinger
>No surprise entrants

What the fuck are you talking about? Yes, it was an obvious joke, but WWE are not known for actually doing something that good that often. So...
>>
>>2212929

How is a jobber from NXT a surprise entrant? And people were already saying he'd show up at #10, I wasn't even surprised a little bit.
>>
File: SEEEEETH.jpg (10KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
SEEEEETH.jpg
10KB, 480x268px
>>2212923
Again, who listens to bookies for a pre-determined performance art? In hindsight, yeah, it all adds up, but again:

>Bookies
>Pro wrestling

How is that not the silliest thing you've ever heard? Who bets on pro wrestling?
>>
>>2212975

You do know that you can bet on stuff like American Idol and Miss Universe right?

>Who bets on pro-wrestling

Obviously people who believe there's money to be made from it.
>>
>>2212948
>Jobber
>One of the most over guys on the NXT roster, and got a big pop when he came out, despite losing his last few major matches, or winning by dubious means.

WWE is not known for doing something that perfect that often these days.

It was a bit of a surprise.
>>
>>2213092

>has literally been in developmental the same time Cena has been the face of the company

Not that even is the worst part of all the other wasted entrants like:

Dolph Ziggler, Apollo Crews, Enzo, Ellsworth, all 3 new day members etc. etc.
>>
> Worst Rumble.
A lot of storylines were developed and a lot of matches have been set up in the rumble.

And imo, the helluva kick on Strowman was a hella hype moment in every aspect. I loved the build up to that moment.

Sure, we had no surprise entrants, but we got narrative and a lot of possible storylines to follow after this. And overall, it was a pretty cool Rumble... Aside from Roman entering on the 30 fucking spot out of all. And I'd have preferred Zayn to win this rumble too... But eh, it wasn't a bad Rumble.
>>
>>2213122
>eh, it wasn't a bad Rumble.

You're the kind of lowest denominator customer that Vince panders to.
>>
>>2213122
This. It wasn't bad. Wasn't great (Roman entering at No. 30 was bull and a lack of Balor/Joe was disappointing as fuck). But it wasn't THAT bad.
>>
>>2213122
>eh, I will eat shit and say it's good if it has the WWE logo on it
FTFY
>>
>>2212975
There was a reason Randy became such a favorite so suddenly this week. MANY dirt sheets were saying he was winning. This is after all a fake sport so it's no unfathomable that the predetermined winner would be found out before had.
>>
>>2213122
thank you for cutting through the nonsense
>>
>>2213177
>it wasn't THAT bad.

>Literally nothing happens till #26 when Brock shows up
>Jobbers and cruiserweights
>Strowman getting eliminated anti-climatically
>Jericho lying under the ring for 40 minutes
>0 surprise entrants
>Roman #30
>Orton winning

>Hurr it wasn't that bad xD

I really despise people like you so much.
>>
>>2213140
> Implying I buy their stuff or have the WWE Network.

I come back to wrestling every RR or every PPV who catches my insterest, and that's like 10% of all the PPVs. I used to be a big fan, but I have never bought anything from them.

But let's leave that aside, care to explain WHY was it a bad Rumble? I didn't see anything wrong with the Royal Rumble Match itself, and while I agree the rest of the event wasn't really good... What are you complaining about the RR Match aside from no surprise entrants and Roman #30? It was entertaining and developed many things. And Sami Zayn is being set up as Strowman's rival now, and I loved it every second of that part of the match.
>>
>>2213223
>Actually seeing the good side of things most of the time and not complaining about the product and memeing 24/7 on the internet.

Seek sunlight buddy, if you despise people like ME so much.
>>
>>2213223
Not only are you a bitter virgin husk of a man, you're also factually wrong.
>>
>>2213201
Fair enough.
>>
>>2213278

>>Actually seeing the good side of things most of the time

It's like looking at a train-wreck and saying at least not all the rails were destroyed.

>Sami hitting his finisher is the highlight of a ROYAL RUMBLE match

Tell me this, how old are you exactly?
>>
>>2213291

> bitter virgin husk of a man,

Quit projecting manchild. Factually wrong about what? What I stated is exactly what happened.
>>
wwe keeps getting worse and worse every year
>>
Same whiny millenials every week
>>
>>2213278
>>2213291

>The aspie wwebabbies manlets are so contrarian they actually like that dumpsterfire of a rumble

You can't make this up.
>>
>>2213223
> Strowman getting eliminated anticlimatically.

His elimination made sense and there is a lot of build up to it, and it also has a storyline reason AND it was a great and climatic moment from the moment Strowman started fighting Zayn.

If you can't see it from a narrative perspective and just want "HURR DURR MY MONSTER HEEL IS INVULNERABLE", then that's your taste and not a general problem. For once I'm actually GLAD an underdog was the main reason for a monster elimination.

> Jericho lying under the ring for 40 minutes.
Newsflash: It fits his character. Do you REALLY believe the heel who has been running away or using cowardly tactics up until this point against Roman Reigns will man up suddenly and go against a monster heel like Strowman or Brock?

Let's be real for a second, please. He only stayed out when someone like that was on the ring.

> Nothing happened until the #26 entrant.

Let's forget some subtle storytelling AND callbacks we had on the match, right?

Maybe it is my taste, but the moment Xavier and Bray faced each other (callback from their feud and showcase of Xavier's character development), Luke Harper's confirmed betrayal (foreshadowed several weeks prior and finally given conclusion in the match), Zayn vs Strowman (highlight of the match imo), Ellsworth being betrayed by Ambrose (not a big moment really, but a nice callback anyway) and Cesaro and Sheamus causing each other's elimination (which can result in the breakup of their team or something else) were moments where things WERE happening.

I agree in the other things you mentioned, but really, Orton winning isn't the WORST outcome, although I agree on it being a bad point on this rumble.

Chill. There is nothing that makes it a bad Rumble. It could've been WAY better, sure, but it isn't as bad as you are making it seem.
>>
>>2213403
millenials were a mistake

>crying about stuff they stream

pathetic
>>
File: 1485490602975.jpg (95KB, 850x1177px) Image search: [Google]
1485490602975.jpg
95KB, 850x1177px
>>2212062
at least Curtis Axkek still in the rumble.
>>
>>2213497
This is true. The Orton win will only work if he doesn't end up fighting Cena for the millionth time. Hopefully he fights Styles or Wyatt.

Orton winning is...we'll see where they take it, but there's alot of bad that can come of it.
>>
>>2213497
> but the moment Xavier and Bray faced each other

Are you kidding me? That was like what? 4 years ago, you really think they were "calling back" to anything? And even then it wasn't a feud, it was Bray just squashing him.

>Ellsworth
>cesaro and sheamus
>Actually over-hyping this extremely trash royal rumble that is unironically the worst in history
>>
not even as bad as 2015
>>
>>2213517

He got eliminated last year
>>
>Based Snek wins
>Bray confirmed for winning at EC
>Roman confirmed for burying Undercarder
>Neville wins
>Sasha btfo
>Bayley btfo
>Club win the belts
I loved it
>>
>>2213515
>>2213403
t. whiny millenials
>>
>>2213575

15+
>>
>>2213583

Sorry to see you go
>>
>>2213583
you seem 330 pounds+
>>
>>2213587
>>2213592

Don't you have school tomorrow?
>>
>Le bullet club xD
>>
File: 1485647494673.jpg (62KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1485647494673.jpg
62KB, 395x401px
>>2213592
>Tripfaggot this mad that his King Reigns didn't win the Universal title
>BTFO ONCE AGAIN
>>
I mean, I was admittedly wrong about Orton and the bookies and I fully concede to that. They called it, they know what's up, and people made their money.

But good god, the amount of sperging out on this thread about everything else...

JUST.

I'm out guys.
>>
>>2212489
Taker eliminating Goldberg was a mark out moment.
>>
>>
File: JL SS Laugh.jpg (694KB, 1820x1210px) Image search: [Google]
JL SS Laugh.jpg
694KB, 1820x1210px
>>2213636
This is a good one
>>
>>2213612
I'm not the one who spammed "FUCK THIS COMPANY" in the stickied gamethread kek
>>
>>2213542
You're calling it the worst...

When the 2015's one exists.

And yes, they were calling that back and it didn't happen a year ago either. And if they weren't calling it back, Xavier wouldn't have reacted that way. And Xavier vs Bray wasn't even a feud about winning the match, but about Xavier overcoming his fear and actually fighting Bray.

> Over-hyping shit.

I'm not even hyping it, I'm mentioning it. Would you rather have no narrative at all and leave the other 24 non-important entrants without anything else to do or develop in the match and just be filler to be thrown over the ropes just because? Sure, have it your way.

I agree Ellsworth's space would have been used better by a surprise entrant like Kurt Angle or someone really shocking tho. That's what this rumble lacked really: A moment where you see an entrant and are like "HOLY SHIT". But it isn't a bad rumble because of that, it just needed that to be a good/memorable Rumble.
>>
>>2213542
>That was like what? 4 years ago

That happened last summer bro
>>
>>2213633
Exactly.
>>
>>2213655
>implying Orton vs Wyatt won't be a GOAT match
>>
>>2212062
Since Kane didn't appear

AJ Styles is part of The Gay Community
>>
File: 1425303516150.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1425303516150.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>2212177
>Tye coming out at Number 10
>A suprise
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.