[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.inquisitr.com/3928044/ww e-news-what-is-the-expec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

http://www.inquisitr.com/3928044/wwe-news-what-is-the-expected-attendance-number-for-the-royal-rumble/

why is it that attendance records are so high and yet TV ratings are so low?
>>
>>2197952
Casuals love WM and the Rumble

Also
>inquistr
>>
>>2197952

Not as many people watch WWE on TV when you can watch it on the Network or stream it on another website.
>>
Vince has always lied about attendance numbers.
>>
>>2197965
raw and smackdown aren't on the network until 30 days after they air though

there are probably a lot of people who DVR them and watch it online on sites like watchwrestling though
>>
>>2197969

I didn't know that but people can still watch PPVs and shows like 205 live
>>
smarks getting BTFO

big dollars Vince winning again

>thinking rating matter in 2017
>>
NEW JAPAN BTFO
>>
>>2197952
TV ratings for everything are down, even the NFL's ratings are down.
>>
WWE puts up highlights of the entire show a few hours after RAW and Smackdown air, which get like 1,000,000+ views every week. I'm sure most of them don't even watch it live and just watch the main clips.
Also watchwrestling gets 150,000+ people watching RAW and Smackdown the day after it airs, so viewership numbers are actually pretty good once you take into account ALOT of people just watch WWE online rather than on TV now.
>>
There's just too much to keep up with. Their youtube channel posts snippets of each show and people can just go there to pick and choose what to watch. Hell, they're twitter has clips of segments/matches as they happen.
>>
>>2197952

Because people are cutting the cord. I watch Smackdown every week and I do not watch it on the USA channel. How many other people are doing that?
>>
>>2198075
A shit ton especially with streams or downloading it
>>
People in Texas love wrestling, especially that area.
>>
>>2198006
Yup. Cord cutters,dvr, youtube.

Heck all my wrestling watching is on the net not tv.
>>
>>2197952
The last time the rumble hasnt drew was 97 or some shit.

For Rumble and Mania they would have to go out of their way any refuse to sell tickets to not draw.
>>
Another thing is both rumble and wm are huge brands.

There's even casuals who only watch them two all year, kinda like superbowls high ratings. The brand of the event is old and mostly scores.
>>
>>2197969
I DVR it
>>
>The latest ticket sale count is at about 40,000. However, this does not count all the other variables, as explained by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, such as lower ticket costs opening up on Ticketmaster, as well as tickets opening up at the gate. With these factors, this Royal Rumble is projected to be the biggest domestic non-WrestleMania event in WWE history.

tl;dr

they are using cheap tickets and big stadiums hoping to increase the general audience of WWE

and failing hard because general audience is declining and cheap tickets are still bought by hardcore fans
>>
Because cable TV is dying. Nobody wants to pay 100 bucks a month to get a bunch of channels they don't want. If you wanna watch Raw/SmackDown but don't wanna pay for cable, you can:
>Use a pirate stream
>Torrent it the next day
>Watch it on Hulu the next day
>Watch the highlights on Youtube the next day
>Read a summary on any number of websites
>Wait 30 days for it to go up the Network
>Just skip Raw and SmackDown altogether because Big Match A/V Team will get you caught up with the feuds easily with the video packages at the PPV and often make it look more compelling than it ever was on TV.
>>
>>2198033
What are the Hulu numbers? I know they renewed it just two years ago because a lot of people watched it on there. Helps that they cut down each show to 1hr30min. Makes Raw actually good.
>>
>>2198075
If Sling TV didn't fucking suck for live streaming, I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.
>>
>>2197968
Yeah, but this is still gonna be the biggest non-Wrestlemania attendance number just because the Alamaodome is SO FUCKING BIG.
>>
>>2197952
no one watches tv no less cable tv. cordcutters dumbass. wwe is still the highest rated program on that channel anyway. if wwe was on AMC or HBO it would get 20 million viewers. USA is a trash channel
>>
>>2198515
What do you use to watch it?mine is fine after I let it load
>>
>>2197952
hulufags with lives watching the next day
>>
>>2198572
I tried the Xbone app on a free trial. Stuttered like hell.
>>
>>2198606
Ah, I use the iPhone and the PlayStation once it loads its good just when you pause it, change channel or try to rewind does it stagger
>>
>>2198613
Huh. I didn't know PS4 had Sling, I thought it only had PSVue.
>>
>>2198620
Lol oh shit youre right that is vue, my bad my roommate has it on there thought it was sling
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.