[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dave and Bryan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ft-title.jpg (19KB, 415x80px) Image search: [Google]
ft-title.jpg
19KB, 415x80px
Even as WWE gets progressively worser, they seem to occupy more and more internet real estate in the wrestling community. It's no clearer than in the WON-sphere. Bryan and Dave feel they must absolutely cover every single WWE show, while ROH, TNA and Lucha Underground are treated as afterthoughts.

What seems to be increasing among the IWC is that in the last year or so, Meltzer and to a lesser extent Alvarez have ascended to a higher status, Dave's gone from a highly respected wrestling writer, to a a guy who basically dictates (through no fault of his own) what wrestling fans should and shouldn't like, with the WON board being his only source of "what fans are buzzing about".

Lucha Underground has been churning out high quality matches on TV, but Dave dismisses LU as "a bunch of spots", while raving about PWG matches. Dante and Killshot for example, was an amazing match, which was dismissed as nothing.

TNA has been writing excellent, multilayered feuds and Dave's constant refrain is "it's good, but they need to be better" why not just judge them on their own merits? or, you know, give the wrestlers and the bookers credit instead of being vague? Why isn't Lashley getting the respect he deserves? not just "he's better", but "he's one of the best all round wrestlers in the world right now and his title reign was amazing" or if you don't think so then say why. Alvarez is a joke, too, and his "who cares, it's TNA, lol" act as Tom Lawlor reviews the show is just disrespectful, not least to Filthy Tom.
>>
And let's not forget that the WON awards are now seen as the most important awards. Ok yeah we know that "industry people" vote, but it's mainly the won subscribers,and if you've ever been to that board, then you probably know paying money to WON doesn't make you an expert on wrestling.

These guys are the supposed internet experts on wrestling, but they spend so much time analysing the minute details of RAW and treating every other wrestling company, with the exception of NJPW as irrelevant. Like I love Dave's historical write-ups and Bryan can be funny, but does anyone feel that they are very overrated as commentators on Pro wrestling in this era? I just wish we could treat wrestlig more like an art instead of letting ratings dictate the importance.
>>
Literally fuck you faggot, TNA sucks, always has always will. so don't blame Bryan for not giving a shit about a promotion that already should be dead
>>
>worser

Stopped reading
>>
Wade Keller is the patrician's choice
>>
This is likely pasta but you are seriously overestimating how much stock people put in meltzer's opinions. I've never spoken to a single person that just goes with whatever he says. In fact he seems to get shat on much more than he's praised.
>>
Because most of their subscribers pay to hear them talk about WWE, people barely even care enough watch those other shows, let alone listen to someone talk about it in depth.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.