[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the goal of a wrestling as a business ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: AL1018.jpg (56KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
AL1018.jpg
56KB, 800x450px
There are some who might say make wrestling great , but great wrestling is different term for most. It's safe to assume that what most of hardcore fans like right now is far from what mainstream or casual fans like, look at reactions at Cena for example. So as a business what do you want from WWE to make its product such that hardcore fans fully enjoy it ? Or to make it more marketable to mainstream audience? I am not against doing it both , as this is possible but i do find it highly unlikely at this point.
>>
the goal of wrestling is to make money or use it as a launch pad to bigger things

The guy in your OP jumped ship at the first possible time and is now a huge hollywood star, he also didn't waste time with backstage politics and "keeping his spot" because he had a bigger goal in front of him
>>
>>2179455
This, anyone who wants to have a long career in fake fighting is just a mark. Hogan and Austin tried acting but failed, and Cena is finally now realizing he needs to leave and getting more roles and doing outside things. Batista is also about to be in Guardians 2 which again will draw huge dimes
>>
>>2179460
And then there's all the guys that would've gone in to MMA if it was big enough 20-30 years ago too
>>
Hardcore fans like good wrestlers, if your top guy isn't a good wrestler then they will hate it. If you choose the perfect guy who has the look appeal to casuals and workrate appeal to the hardcore, then it's just a win win.

It's why hardcores hate Roman and love Okada even though they were both pushed super hard.
>>
The goal of a wrestling business is to entertain people. No need to overthink, which I think the WWE does
>>
>>2179447
To make vince mcmahon happy
>>
>>2179471
As if People didn't hate Okada two years ago and there's still a vocal minority who think he's boring now
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.