[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These guys are pros. They're gonna push the tension 'til

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

These guys are pros. They're gonna push the tension 'til the last possible moment before they strip.
>>
>>2172719
>breeze wrestling in trunks

I can only take so much.
>>
>>2172719
Legitimately my favorite tag team right now. Best gimmick ever.
>>
>>2172719
>2017
>this gimmick
>and it's still amazing
>>
>>2172719
Should be top heel team on SDL.
>>
File: mic4[1].jpg (18KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mic4[1].jpg
18KB, 320x240px
YOU SEE FASHION POLICE
>>
BOOK EM DANGO
>>
>>2172739
>>2172744
It's honestly the PERFECT gimmick for two of them. Let them be funny in promos, then out-wrestle everyone who doesn't take them seriously.

It sucks how the top stars aren't ever allowed to be funny or have comedic moment other than sarcastic comebacks or smugly witty one-liners. Gimmicks don't always have to be realistic or serious to get over.
>>
>>2172810
Yeah, when you look back we had Kurt Angle, a main eventer, getting into funny shit like the mini cowboy hat segment, nowadays the closest thing we get to fun in the main event is stuff like the SHIELD reunion with Sami (and anything with Jericho, but he's only one guy).
>>
>>2172816
The worst part was the shield reunion with Sami wasn't even funny.
All it did was make one of their underdog babyfaces look like a awkward twat while the top guys acted smug and silently judgmental.

The Attitude Era had goofy shit with Angle/other wrestlers and Austin beating up Vince with a piss-covered bedpan. At what point in history did comedy in WWE become so negative and dark humored?
>>
>>2172827
Probably sometime around the InVasion.
>>
>>2172900
Nah dude InVasion was goofy as fuck.
>austin/angle
>austin beating up booker t in a shopping mall
>hurricane
>milkomania
>wind beneath our ring
Probably the best thing about it actually.
>>
>>2172947
When did it get so dark and unfunny then, if it wasn't the inVasion?
>>
>>2172961
When did Gallows (it was Gallows, right?) punt a fake baby?
>>
>>2172966
That was Snitsky, who punted the baby on RAW of Nov. 8, 2004.
>>
>>2172961
I don't know if it can ever be described as "dark" really, but unfunny? Probably around PG era.
>>
>>2172990
"dark" as in sarcastic, smug, black comedy humor. Babyfaces insulting other babyfaces and generally being unlikable dicks for "humor."
>>
>>2172947
I said around.

Meaning it could be during or after. Probably near the end.
>>
>>2172995
They really should just make everyone an anti-hero these days. Everyone always prefers them to clean cut babyfaces anyway.
>>
>>2172990
>>2172999
It seems like the general concensus of when it happened is somewhere in the time between the Ruthless Aggression Era in 2002 and the PG Era in 2008
>>
>>2173006
the problem is they don't know how to write pg-rated anti-heros and they can't figure out how to pick the right people for clean cut babyface roles either.
>>
>>2173014
Yeah, they don't realise that roman is like the perfect anti-hero. He's sort of like Biker Taker could have been a bad ass that was more of a tweener, but they've ruined him beyond belief because they wanted him to be the superman.
>>
>>2173012
I just assumed it'd be around the InVasion because that's usually a good point in general for WWE declining.

But it was probably sometime around 2003.

>>2173019
Roman is a made heel.
>>
>>2173022
Yeah he suits heel better, but if they wanted him face, they should have gone with him as a tweener, as that's the closest he can get without being unconvincingly bad on the mic.
>>
>>2173025
He has a naturally smug face when he smiles, but looks intimidating enough when he doesn't. I have no idea why they thought a clean cut babyface role would be best for him.
>>
>>2173025
>>2173031
Vince is an out-of-touch dumbshit.
>>
>>2173033
The dubs don't lie.
>>
>>2172810
I think the great Ellsworth experiment has shown SDL how much they can push the comedy angle, which is to say, pretty well.
It's just a matter of finding the right balance
>>
>>2173070
Breeze was legit as fuck during his main event run in NXT.

All somebody with a "silly" gimmick needs is to get some important wins.

>based top guy Breeze will never return
>>
>>2173072
In Ward we believe

Ascension got booked pretty good for a bit, albeit still losing. Since they are probably Ward's babies, Ward will probably build them back up first
>>
>>2173078
Take it Ward was the head writer for NXT? It wont matter anyway, at least while Vince is still the guy that oks everything.
>>
>>2173082
He was head writer for NXT during Neville's reign

AKA the GOAT period
>>
>>2173082
>>2173083
It really boggles the mind how much the two shows differ. It's getting harder every week to believe Vince controls both shows equally.
>>
>>2173083
It really was the golden era of NXT. But again, with Vince having final say, don't expect too much.

Is he just writing for Smackdown then?
>>
>>2173088
Big Scripts RyA+n is only on the A+ show.
>>
>>2173083
Is Ward going to write 205?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.