[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dwayne Johnson, a third-generation wrestler, made his debut

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>Dwayne Johnson, a third-generation wrestler, made his debut at the 1996 Survivor Series as "Rocky Maivia", naming himself after his grandfather Peter Maivia and his father Rocky Johnson. Despite being a babyface with an impressive winning streak and an Intercontinental Championship reign, he was frequently met with loud boos and "Rocky sucks!" chants and even crowd signs that read "Die Rocky die". Frustrated by the fans' negative reception, Maivia joined the Nation of Domination in 1997 and renamed himself The Rock, an egotistical jock who referred to himself in third person
>he was frequently met with loud boos and "Rocky sucks!" chants and even crowd signs that read "Die Rocky die"

Give me ONE (1) ((UNO)) good reason that an arrogant/corporate heel persona for a year wouldn't get Reigns over.
>>
>>2168614
reigns has enough heat where he could probably maintain the smark heat and get mark heat by being that guy

pull the trigger
>>
>>2168621
>>2168614
See that smile Reigns pulls? Like he's smug as fuck?

That's a goddamn shit eating grin. Give him a fucking Heel persona already
>>
I don't think they have to do the whole exact same corporate angle again.

I think an arrogant champ heel would suit him better, and he'd be better placed to respond to the audience with that kind of gimmick.

With the belt he can just tell the audience to shut the hell up and respect him, since he is the best.

Something like that, but more tailored to him and his personality.
>>
With Rock they bumped him down to the midcard and had him in a stable for a while until he got over. I don't see them doing that for Reigns.
>>
>>2168614
nothing will get Reigns over. simple as that. thanks!
>>
>>2168653
Reigns STARTED in a stable and couldn't get over.

He went back to the midcard and couldn't get over.

His character is just shit lad. There's no way around it.
>>
>>2168653
He really found himself in the Nation of Domination.

I much preferred his promos from that time too. They were grittier and more mean spirited. It was before he put that Hollywood pazaz on the promos.
>>
he cringes whenever he cuts a promo

he's not believable because he doesn't BELEE DAT himself

also Vince is convinced he's a face
>>
>>2168665
>not liking Hollywood Rock

>there are episodes when JR and even Austin have to cut the microphones because they are laughing their ass off

also he had that great feud wit Hurricane that got the latter over as fuck
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pbS7iCMxn0

Make him the Merchandise.
Give him the Big Watch.
>>
>>2168728
>oh you can't read clocks? it's Roman Reigns time

Jesus Christ, I blame Vince for this foolishness
>>
>>2168708
I don't dislike later Rock, just prefer early Rock.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.