[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who if anyone from this era could be maineventer back in attitude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 4

File: rock-austin-1427580368.jpg (75KB, 686x384px) Image search: [Google]
rock-austin-1427580368.jpg
75KB, 686x384px
>>
>>2168256
Cena with a mafia gimmick.
>>
No one. Seriously.

Kevin Owens would maybe be mid card because his promo is alright.

Ambrose would be a comedy jobber.

All the women would be in micro thongs
>>
>>2168256
Miz
>>
>>2168256
Unironically the Miz
>>
The Large Dog
>>
>>2168256
Cesaro and Sheamus would feud over the European Championship.
>>
>>2168256
Big E with a Mark Henryesque sexual chocolate type gimmick

Dana Brooke
>>
>>2168265
>Bayley and Naomi's asses in micro thongs
>>
Bray Wyatt would get over at midcard and would main event during Ruthless Agression
>>
File: c60.jpg (17KB, 324x289px) Image search: [Google]
c60.jpg
17KB, 324x289px
>>2168282
>Alexia Bliss in a bra and panty match
>>
>>2168289
>>2168282
I'll see that and raise you:

>Dana and Charlotte in an HLA match.
>>
Outside wwe, probably Kenny Omega has what it takes.

Not sure about the young cucks
>>
Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, they'd probably try to force Jasethy
Maybe Brayy Lmao
>>
Asuka
>>
>>2168356
Terrible.
>>
>>2168399
Faggot.
>>
MAYBE prime CM Punk
MAYBE prime John Cena

These are literally the only ones to arrive after the Rock-Austin era who have even a tiny chance of being believably booked against Rock or Austin.
>>
>>2168256
Jericho.
No question about it.
Main eventer then, main eventer now.
>>
Unironically the Shield. Not held down by shitty overscripted promos or PG in ring or on the mic and not forced into bad heel/face dynamics they don't fit into, they'd do great.

Then they'd get way more over than DX and they'd be buried into the ground.
>>
As much as I hate to admit it, Cena would get over in any era. He has a convincing look and one of the best promos in the biz, plus he's a smart guy that can play politics. I would have loved to see an Attitude Era Cena desu.

Dean I could see being a staple in the hardcore scene, and after he pays his dues he could probably transition to upper mid card or MAAAAYBE even the main event scene like Mankind, on the back of his mic work. I think his career would somewhat parallel Jeff Hardy in terms of success.

Jasethy might make it in as a cruisercuck but he's not ME caliber, way too small. Even if he's good enough technically he'd get held down by politics.

Little Pup wouldn't even make it through OVW.

I could see Orton being a main event player without too much trouble.

Brock probably.

Braun probably.

AJ is too small, he'd be Eddie Guerrero/Krispen Wah tier.

Rusev/Sheamus/Cesaro are all maybes, totally depends on how they're booked and what gimmicks they got. But the potential is there.
>>
2010 Randy Orton, Edge
>>
>>2168256
Orton.

But real life Orton. Not Snekky Snek. I mean absolute dickhead full of himself and working marks Orton. Just let the man be the pissed off guy he is in real life and he'd fit right in with DX
>>
>>2168471
Edge was in the AA m8
>>
Bobby Lashley with a new gimmick and maybe some mouthpiece
>>
>>2168269
His mic work is nowhere near good enough for it.

Name one main eventer during the AE that couldn't cut a promo.
>>
Samoa Joe
>>
There was one true main eventer in the Attitude Era and that was Stone Cold Steve Austin.

>>2168479
not a main eventer.
>>
>>2168524
The Undertaker
>>
>>2168266
Nope. He's just a stripped down Rock. He would be totally obsolete in the main event during that time period.
>>
Strowman
>>
>>2168531
>not a main eventer.
Then he wasn't good enough to make it
>>
Batista
>>
>>2168524
>Undertaker
>Michaels
>Foley
>Beeg
>Beeg Baws Man
>Kane
>Vader

Honestly, the only good talkers in the Attitude Era were The Rock (after he went heel), Austin, Trippple Man, Meek Man and Paul Bearer.
>>
CM Punk would've likely gone to ECW first and gotten a rabid following that would have made Vince notice and sign him to spearhead the new hardcore division. But he'd get over like Mick, just based on his work and likability.
>>
File: 5.gif (2MB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
5.gif
2MB, 400x258px
Dean Ambrose would do just fine actually, especially since he wouldn't have to neuter himself as hard.
>>
>>2168531
Rock was main event too. Not as over as Austin, but still main event.

He took up all the slack when Austin had to go out for a year after neck surgery, and did so easily.
>>
>>2168599
Beeg is a good talker
>>
>>2168599
Michaels and Foley can both cut fantastic promos. And if you are including Big Boss Man as ''main eventer'' then Road Dogg Jesse James is one of the best main eventers in terms of mic work in the AE
>>
>>2168615
>Michaels and Foley can both cut fantastic promos
Find me ONE good Foley promo from the attitude era
>>
>>2168609
nah, he just got over because Austin made everybody else over.
>>
>>2168615
Rock, Haitch, Austin and Meekman were cutting fantastic promos and were always good at talking.

Cutting one or two scripted promos that were "fantastic" does not making Michaels and Foley good talkers. They were bad more often than they were good, Michaels in particular just played of Haitch most of the time.
>>
>>2168588
i agree Edge is fucking awful and would be jobbing to Honky Tonk

>>2168616
The three faces of foley promo where he's literally 3 different characters in one promo, anything from the boiler rooms, his character was a shrieking maniac who was intensely sympathetic and loved by children and adults alike. You think that's because they liked his wrestling? No, it's because of his promos and mic work.
>>
>>2168628
Link to the promos?
>>
>>2168625

Please, Michaels owned the crowds then and owns the crowds now. You're pathetic. He has the best voice in wrestling.

The fact that you think HHH was cutting fantastic promos pretty much proves you weren't watching back then. Faggot lmao
>>
>>2168628
>The three faces of foley promo
>Search for this on Youtube
>Get this shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOI-_pf1ZE&t=7s

The absolute state of Foley
>>
>>2168635
>Literally not even ONE example of a good Michaels promo

Spoiler for the underaged - he didn't get good at talking until after his injury.
>>
>>2168635

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gjb1W3M2aU

Rambling. Scripted. Shit.

For comparison, here he is with Trippple man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k4Pw1PCJ24
>>
Big E maybe
>>
>>2168264
Cena
Aj Styles

That's about it.
>>
>>2168266
Miz is a fucking midcarder now.
What makes you think he would be a main event guy 20 years ago?
>>
>>2168374
>Roman
No chance.
Roman is basically samoan Test. The guy would be midcard for life, fighting for the European title against D-Lo Brown.
>>
>>2168266
I like the Miz. I saw him in Birmingham on Saturday and he got booed so much he couldn't finish even one sentence, I guess that means he's a good heel. He was the only one that seemed to get any heat, AJ got a little but nothing like the Miz, it was like listening to a Cena pop in bizarro world.
>>
This thread just makes me sad about how much talent WWE is squandering today.

>>2168264
AND HIS NAME IS DON CENA

>>2168588
He was a debuting midcarder in 1998 dumbass.

>>2168910
>D'Lo literally better at wearing a vest than Romannetty
>>
>>2168256
Rusev,he would be better booked and more appreciated than now
>>
Baron Corbin maybe, I could see him playing up the metal angle like the Headbangers did plus his big bad scary persona would have been edgier in the 90's.
>>
Naito (If he wasn't Japanese or could speak fluent english).
Omega
Punk
Styles
Ambrose (not necessarily a main eventer but it would have been the best era for him character-wise)
>>
>>2168471
>Edge
+18
>>
>>2169431
>>2169427
>>2169413
KEK
>>
Goldberg
Brock
Roman
Bray
>>
>>2169444
>Romannetty can't even cut it as a main eventer now

>>2169439
piss off
>>
>>2168256

Literally no one. Not a single one of them.
>>
>>2168282
>>2168289

Bra and panty matches didn't happen in the attitude era you underage idiots
>>
>>2168256
No one. Wrestlers protected their spots to stay over back then. None of the wresters today know how to fight for their spot.
I guess AJ Styles knows how to do that, but he'd have to be a better cocksucker than Shawn Michaels to get a push from McMahon. He'd be stuck in the cruiserweights in WCW. I guess McMahon'd be happy to push Cena in any era.
>>
>>2170611
Clearly you weren't watching Raw back then. There was a bra and panties in October 2000. That's around half a year before WM17, the generally accepted end of the attitude era.
WWE saw WCW doing it a little earlier and stole the gimmick.
>>
Ambrose
>>
>>2170733

That was when the first one happened, they didn't become a regular thing until after 2003.
>>
Lesnar in any era, would've been Hogan's ultimate opponent post-Andre
>>
>>2170815
>Bra and panty matches didn't happen in the attitude era
This is objectively wrong. Whether they happened regularly is irrelevant.
>>
>>2170853

WCW did it twice, and then WWE copied it, then the invasion angle happened, and they did another one, but they weren't a regular thing until after the AE was over in 2002.
>>
>>2170859
Which, once again, is irrelevant because nobody said they were a regular thing. Is there some invisible poster you're also arguing with?
>>
>>2170881

>nobody said they were a regular thing.

Except me.

It's like saying asylum matches happened in whatever era this is, when there's only been one.
>>
>>2169401
>He was a debuting midcarder in 1998 dumbass
Rock was a debuting midcarder in 96 and still made it. AE ended in 2002, what excuse has Edge got?
>>
>>2168531
>There was one true main eventer in the Attitude Era

There were actually more than 5 main eventers in the AE my underage friend.
>>
>>2169401
>D-Lo
Vs
>Roman
>Vest on a pole match
>>
>>2169401

>Romannetty

When's that /woo/ ban expiring spergo?
>>
>>2168256

Bray
Brock
Roman

That's it
>>
>>2168256
Rusev. "Big bad foreigner" gimmick is timeless, he's always got his hot wife by his side, and he's a big dude.
>>
>>2168605
Dean Ambrose would be fucking crazy in the AE
>>
>>2171089

Yeah he'd be even worse than he currently is.
>>
>>2168266
He's a midcarder today. He wouldn't even be hired in the attitude era.
>>
>>2168635
Please give me just one example of a good hbk promo from the attitude era.
>>
No one. Cena with a gimmick change and roman reigns could possibly be upper midcarders though but everyone else would be a jobber or released.
>>
>>2171131

>Bray wouldn't be a main-eventer as leader of ministry of darkness

18+
>>
>>2168635
WHO'S YOUR DADDY MONTREAL
>>
>>2168256
Finn Balor for a fatal 4-way Hell In a Cell with Mankind, Kane and Taker.
>>
>>2171247

>Balorina

LOL!
>>
>>2168531
You're literally a fucking retard if you know the numbers and don't acknowledge The Rock as a main eventer in the attitude era.
>>
>>2168524
HHH
>>
>>2168625
>Haitch
Not a single good promo in his entire career.
>>
>>2171468
lol!!!!
>>
>>2171149
KEK. He'd be gangrel's jannetty at best.
>>
File: images.jpg (18KB, 474x310px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 474x310px
>>2168256
>answer: The same person who is a main eventer now

Are you dumb or something OP?

AE, with its poor rules and regulations and almost no wellness policies.

Brock would first break Steve Autism's neck in half and make him Mr.Bobcore of today

Then he would Roid up and beat the rocks face in until he needs reconstructive surgery.
>>
>>2168282
Don't sexualize Bayley
>>
all honesty

Dean
Miz - if he could do a Hollywood gimic before Rock did
Shamus- has a unique look
Brock - at this stage in his career
Rusev- has it all
KO - has the talent to do/be anything

I think that is literally all.
hard to see Cena working, definitely not Roman or Braun, they cant even get fucking over now..
Bray= Mideon

plenty of other guys have the talent to be good midcarders though.

Todays talent is more talented than the AE, but much more limited, and creative is literally 65x worse than back then
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.