[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here, we talk X-Pac Heat. We talk X-Pac heat here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: hqdefault.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
How did X-Pac head begin exactly?

What is it he did to make the audience hate him so much?

Who are some other people who have had high levels of X-Pac heat?
>>
>>2167928
He was super over at first when he was the 123 Kid but never really evolved, so the crowd got bored with him and started to boo him. He was like the Ziggler of that era; people liked him as a performer, but the guy never did anything important or went anywhere with his character. He then went to WCW and got stuck as part of the nWo bandwagon (remember how everyone and their mother was a member of that shit?) and nobody cared.
When he returned to WWF as a new member of DX, he got a huge pop though.
Roman is probably the most well known recent example of X-Pac heat. Rejected by the crowd not because he's a terrible performer, but because his character & storyline development was/is stunted and contrived.
>>
>>2168150
No, we hate roman because he is shit in the ring and on the mic, yet we still have to watch him week in and week out "overcome the odds" because they are trying to force him to be the top star. The fans, aside from kids and autists, can't stand the shidiot.
>>
>>2168164
>we
>hurr durr roman is shit at everything
State of this faggot
>>
>>2168164
>we
BBDWTS
>>
I don't know why it's called X-Pac heat. I've heard much worse heat than his.

Probably just because it sounds good when rolling off the tongue.
>>
File: 1482713190284.jpg (44KB, 496x492px) Image search: [Google]
1482713190284.jpg
44KB, 496x492px
>>2168164
>>
Self fulfilling prophecy, exactly like Reigns.
>>
>>2167928
>xpac head
thread derailed
>>
File: 1484441052420.jpg (34KB, 345x309px) Image search: [Google]
1484441052420.jpg
34KB, 345x309px
>>2168164
>we
>>
>>2167928
X-pac heat isn't a sound, it's a feeling mixed with a response. Roman Reigns has palpable x-pac heat. And if X-pac was around today people would ironically defend him like they do Reigns.

He's a much better worker than Reigns, though, i think he's underrated.
>>
X-Pac heat is a myth
>>
>>2168773
Ur lyfe is a myth
>>
>>2168150
So when did he have x-pax heat? During his initial WWF run before he went to WCW? Did he ever have it after?
>>
>>2168776
i cant argue against that
>>
They guy's problem is really simple, he has no mind for a gimmick.

1-2-3 and Lightning Kid were based and over as fuck and he commanded tons of respect in the ring and lockeroom based on his abilities. Then for some reason he decided the rest of his career was gonna be devoted to being a Kliq lackey. Syxx was a fucking terrible idea. X-Pac was a fucking terrible idea. Remaining as X-Pac literally YEARS after DX turned on you or broke up might be the worst idea in history.

And the nigga is still probably wrestling somewhere right now as some combination of Kliq lackey gimmicks.
>>
>>2168782

He wasn't X-Pac until after he returned from WCW. He was 1-2-3 Kid before WCW and he was over. The match vs. Bret on Raw and the million dollar match against Razor are classics.
>>
>>2167928
I dont get it I personally liked xpac in 98 and 99.
>>
It's just like when you sort of groan when you see somebody because they need to go away.

Remember X-Factor?

They named a stable after his finisher.

The group made zero sense. Why were they a team?

Fuck.
>>
>Xpac heat

18+
>>
The difference between X-Pac Heat and Roman Heat is X-Pac Heat is based entirely on booking while Roman Heat is based on booking, lack of talent and being a blackhole of charisma and all of those thing being amplified by a million because it's for the top slot.
>>
>>2168164
I think he's ok in the ring but otherwise yeah
>>
>>2167928
If you were watching you would understand, but just picture it.

Not 1-2-3 kid when he cared
but X-fucking-pac
Disgusting, broken down, drug addict
In a singles run
All by his lonely self like Eric Carmen
>>
>>2168164
>we

I like Roman and have liked him from the start stay mad virgin
>>
>>2168996

Lets be fair here, the dude injected meth literally seconds before walking out and facing Styles at No Surrender 2005 and the match is better than 99% of WWE's product for the last half decade. And AJ isn't carrying either, it's a balanced match.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>2168164
>we

Gtfo
>>
>>2168202
>>2168211
>>2168231
>>2168730
>>2169037
>>2169056

wow. ''epic''

lmao faggot
>>
>>2168229
They really should rename it to Succotash heat.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1446700407842.jpg (27KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446700407842.jpg
27KB, 720x405px
>>2168529
Yeah, I botched badly. Some good discussion here, though. It really is an interesting phenomenon.

I wonder how the dude feels about having inspired a namesake term for an elite level of hatred.
>>
Roman is nothing like xpac.

When xpac cane out and wrestled it was a good match but no one cared for him the wrestler. He didnt get pops he was just that guy that was there.

Roman on the other hand gets booed all the time.
>>
>>2169341
Different audiences, different eras, same idea.
>>
>>2168231
Needs to be updated, he took out the faggy contacts
>>
File: BO.jpg (15KB, 308x361px) Image search: [Google]
BO.jpg
15KB, 308x361px
You want a modern example of Go-Away Heat?

I present to you: NXT's proto-Reigns.

>>2168762
>He's a much better worker than Reigns, though, i think he's underrated.

Lightning Kid in GWF was so far ahead of his time.

>>2169341
There were "X-Pac Sucks" chants during shows he wasn't even booked on in 2001.
>>
>>2169327

He just kind of laughs it off. I heard him on The Jim & Sam Show as second mic and he's really really open with his past. Told a story about injecting heroin in a Tijuana bathroom using water from the toilet. He knows he's fucked up years of his life, but he's accepted it and moves on.

He still wrestles indys, but he said he mainly does tag matches, does his "greatest hits" (signature spots) and collects a paycheck.

I'll be honest, the man is based as fuck.
>>
>>2168829
This is mostly it right here. He was always that guy who hung around the actual popular wrestlers and got more attention because of it. He was fun in the ring but he was way higher in the card then he should of been.

Plus he refused to move on from that gimmick of being with DX and nWo. Which is funny cause its the same thing Roman did with keeping The Shield music/attire.

And i believe he is still working and while i dont know what his ring attire is now i swear i remember seeing a pic of him in the indys having some corny as shit gear that had both nWo AND DX logos on it.
>>
>>2169392
Watching anything past monday night wars, i sorta stopped watching during the beginning of 2001. So you prolly right. But most of 2001 i dont consider the attitude era.

Even today i might watch a PPV but most of them suck.
>>
>>2168164
>we

JUST
>>
I marked for his run with Kane as TT champions
>>
File: 1483605959855.png (270KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483605959855.png
270KB, 500x375px
>>2168164
>we
>>
>>2169416
2001 isn't really Attitude post-WrestleMania, correct.

X-Pac Heat really kicked in around InVasion time.
>>
>>2169408
Yeah, I was at the show in Minneapolis where he tore open his ass doing a bronco buster. I swear he was in an exact singlet he wore while in DX.

Nice dude, though.
>>
File: DRIFT ELIAS DRIFT.jpg (35KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
DRIFT ELIAS DRIFT.jpg
35KB, 630x420px
Fucking obviously. The guy gets a heat as fucking train.
>>
>>2170117
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2tih9GazU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twu1Y8fS63w
>>
The thing that people hate about Pac is that he dresses and acts like a Rob Schneider character and people reflexively reject Rob Schneider characters.
>>
>>2167928

X-Pac heat began when this greasy little fuck was in an angle where he was beating his girlfriend on RAW. He was the hyperactive little geek who followed the cool kids around during DX. But after that ended he was just floating around in the same gear with the same act and same music and it was just obnoxious and boring. But then when he went into the female beating angle, it was just like nigger get out of here.
>>
>>2168840

He didn't really have heat until 2000. DX died and everyone else moved on, H was in the main event permanently by that point. X-Pac did nothing to change himself, his gimmick was still "le flippy DX man XD" and even got to manage his own shit stable.

Also, see >>2169408, X-Pac is basically the second coming of Brutus Beefcake, the guy with a million gimmicks but ultimately remembered merely as "Hogan's mate".

As for other examples, Vickie Guerrero had it at first but by the La Familia arc they had salvaged it and she turned it into real heat, to the point that fans moderately respect her today.

Boss Man is said to have had X-Pac heat in the late 90s but I think that was more legit - he had changed from the early 90s version of his character into a more severe and corporate-stooge type and it worked IMO.
>>
File: big-show-father-funeral.jpg (3MB, 4258x2863px) Image search: [Google]
big-show-father-funeral.jpg
3MB, 4258x2863px
>>2170202

>Boss Man had X-Pac Heat

Nigga what?
>>
>>2168164
Other than stamina, he's fine in ring

He just has the most boring safe character
He performs on mic like shit because of this
You can tell the difference between him acting natural and him playing "SUPER GOOD GUY BEST GOING TO SAVE THE WORLD SPEAR" dog guy
>>
>>2170214

Bad wording on my part, but I meant that I *didn't agree* with the idea that Bossman had X-Pac heat.
>>
>>2167928
Roman
>>
>>2168164
>we
back to wew fucking circle jerker
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.