[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE Finisher power rankings. Things to keep in mind >B-but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: 3 Hs.png (690KB, 920x516px) Image search: [Google]
3 Hs.png
690KB, 920x516px
WWE Finisher power rankings. Things to keep in mind

>B-but [wrestler I like]'s finisher has never been kicked out of!
It's not about whether or not it's been kicked out of. It's about who it's pinned/tapped out in the first place.
>B-but [wrestler I don't like]'s finisher was kicked out of by [top tier wrestler]!
It's on a cumulative basis. A finisher that only Cena has kicked out of is higher tier than a finisher that Trippple Man and Orton has kicked out of, but lower tier than a finisher only Lesnar has kicked out of.

With that, let's go

>God Tier
Jackhammer

>False God Tier
Dirty Deeds
Roman's Spear
Surprise Roll Up

>High Tier
Skull Crushing Finale
RKO
Avalanche/Super AA
Sister Abigail
Phenomenal Forearm
Brogue Kick
Pop Up Powerbomb
HHH Pedigree
Liontamer
Zigglers Superkick
Coup de Grace

>Mid Tier
F5
Styles Clash
Codebreaker
Seth's Pedigree
Discus Clothesline
Zigzag
Walls of Jericho
End of Days
Empire Elbow
Accolade
Falling Star
Red Arrow
Gore
Running Powerslam
Neutraliser
>>
>Mid Tier
>Red Arrow

Nobody has ever kicked out from it.
>>
>>2166983
>>2166966
>>B-but [wrestler I like]'s finisher has never been kicked out of!
>It's not about whether or not it's been kicked out of. It's about who it's pinned/tapped out in the first place.
>>
>>2166991
So it's beaten everybody Neville's ever beaten then?
>>
>>2166966
F-5 beat the streak, it's objectively the GOAT
>>
>>2166966

Is this for only the current roster?
>>
>>2167004
Has Neville ever beaten anyone but a midcarder?
>>
>>2167012
Yes. Feel free to debate historical finishers if you want.
>>
>>2167017
Well he was the Ace of NXT for over a year but I'm guessing that doesn't count.

>Sheamus
>Owens
>Henry
>>
>>2167027
So midcarders
>>
>>2167027

NXT is non-canon m8, you should know this. It's too incestuous when it comes to getting other superstars over, no finisher or wrestler is protected.
>>
>>2167030
>no finisher or wrestler is protected.

...in NXT? You're kidding right?
>>
>>2166966
What about muh tombstone?
>>
File: 1479695852619.jpg (86KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1479695852619.jpg
86KB, 480x360px
>>2166966
>Phenomenal forearm over styles clash
well that's a ton of bullshit
>>
how many people have kicked out of the Rough Ryder?
>>
>>2166966
You forgot the Punt Kick. Most powerful finisher in existence.
>>
File: 1483307923136.jpg (50KB, 797x858px) Image search: [Google]
1483307923136.jpg
50KB, 797x858px
I like the concept, but disagree with the idea that who a finisher puts away is more important than the finisher consistently ending matches

The idea that the walls of jericho would be above anything at all is laughable, has that move ended a single match this run?

You're really just making a WWE power rankings, rather than a finishing move power rankings.
>>
>>2166966

>No mention of 619

Come on man, it actually finished someone...
>>
>>2167066
Who has the Styles Clash put away, besides Cena and Ellsworth? I know Jericho kicked out of it.
>>
>>2167102
Ziggler's Famouser gets me every time, even though it has never finished a match.
>>
>Empire Elbow
>A FUCKING ELBOW DROP
>>
>>2167119
kind of like the people's elbow, which was over as fuck and rarely kicked out of?
>>
>>2167029
>Owens midcard
you know he holds the "top title" on raw right?
>>
>>2167119
>>2167121
I hate the Empire Elbow because the theatrics Cass does when he delivers it make his disgusting skinnyfat body jiggle like he's doing the truffle shuffle.
>>
>>2167119
>fails to lift Jinder up for that slam before the elbow

JUST
>>
>>2166966

>F5 the same tear as the fucking empire elbow

other than that, decent list
>>
Big Show's KO punch is pretty OP, I'd put it False God Tier
>>
Superkick is too high, Styles Clash, Codebreaker and End of Days is too low. Other than that, decent list.
>>
>>2167150
>codebreaker
>too low

It's like BMJ's finisher except it never ultimately ends the match after five of them because he usually just gets off one that's kicked out of.
>>
>>2167006
How many F5s broke the streak?
>>
>>2167160
How many cobras could break the streak?
Only one.
Santino GOAT.
>>
>>2166966
>low tier
All of them.

Thanks to terrible booking, overuse of finishers, lack of multiple credible finishers for most wrestlers and basically never protecting them ever, every single finisher in the WWE is at the same rank where it's more of a 50/50 chance of someone kicking out at any given time. The only ones that are mildly protected anymore are those from part timers who aren't around long enough to see theirs get kicked out of as consistently, and even then we can look into their history and find instances of it.
>>
>>2167066
Phenomenal Forearm buried Cena after he kicked out of the the Styles Clash

>>2167081
Chose not to include it as it's more of a kayfabe mandated finisher, ie, wrestler needs time off for personal reasons, they get the Punt. If it were included it'd be False God Tier
>>
>>2167102
No, I don't agree here.

I wouldn't say that a finisher that put away John Cena but was kicked out of by Brock Lesnar is thereby worse than a finisher that put Curt Hawkins, Apollo Crews and Enzo away twice each. It's about providing evidence that the finisher is a more powerful move.
>>
>>2167148
The F5 is no longer a match ender, that's the problem. It couldn't even bury Randy Orton, let alone John Cena.
>>
>>2167324
I agree, and it irks me that a kayfabe colossus like Bork has a shit-tier finisher.
He needs a new merch-friendly giga-finisher debuted against Goldberg. That's guaranteed dimes from him for the next year or so.
>>
>>2167327
I'm of the opinion that Brock shouldn't face Goldberg again, personally.

I'd rather see 2 young upstarts or company guys get a major rub. One from beating Brock, the other from beating Goldberg. Goldberg beating Brock at Survivor Series just cemented Goldberg as a credible threat again. They could be using that to get younger talent over, not killing Goldbergs credibility, and giving Brock a rub when he's going to leave next year.
>>
>>2167327
I liked Bork getting a real, legitimate submission hold as a finisher post MMA run. It added to his credibility and made him much meaner. They should've given him the Twister/Wrestler's Guillotine, IMO, since it looks and is extremely painful as it basically threatens the opponent with neck/spine damage if they don't tap out and it's also actually done in freestyle wrestling without torquing the neck. Whatever the move, Bork really should've kept a submission finisher and then busted out the F5 to end bit matches.
>>
>>2167324
>>2167327
The F5 was never a good finisher, 2bh. Someone with Brock's size should have had a finisher akin to the Jackhammer - an actual slam, not what amounts to a fireman's carry drop. He needed something that looks like it could legit break a rib.
>>
>>2166966
Bret's sharpshooter is the only god tier submission finisher. It was only broken out of once
>>
>god tier
Jackhammer
Orton's punt

>Top tier
Roman Reigns spear
Magic Killer
RKO
HHH pedigree
F5
Coup de Grace
Tombstone Piledriver
Red Arrow
Super AA

>mid tier
Liontamer
Sister Abigail
End of Days
Brogue Kick
Rollins pedigree

>low tier
Skull Crushing Finale
Walls of Jericho
Accolade
Empire Elbow
Codebreaker
>>
>>2167424
Show your working
>>
>>2167070
How many people has the Rough Ryder buried? Any of them significant?
>>
>>2167430
>god tier
Jackhammer - Beat lesnar with 1
Orton's punt - Causes mid/long term injury

>Top tier
Roman Reigns spear - pinned everyone he's faced. Only lesnar and rollins kicked out
Magic Killer - No kick outs ever. Pinned Cesaro last week after he was down for 10 seconds
RKO - Has been kicked out of but pinned Cena, HHH, Batista, Bryan.
HHH pedigree - Pinned Reigns and Rollins
F5 - Beat taker's streak in just 3. Beat ambrose in 1
Coup de Grace - Pinned Reigns and rollins in 1
Tombstone Piledriver - No one kicks out unless your name is Lesnar or its wrestlemania

>mid tier
Liontamer - always works when used
Sister Abigail - Doesn't beat A tier guys after 1 but
End of Days - No kick outs. Implied that it would have put away Styles after 1 finisher
Brogue Kick - historically a sound finisher. Only top/god tier kick outs
Rollins pedigree - Pinned Reigns, owens, jericho, ambrose
Super AA - Moved down to mid tier. Pinned Orton and Punk
Red Arrow - Moved down to mid tier. No kick outs after years of use
Codebreaker - Moved up to mid tier. Pinned ambrose after 1. Pinned Styles after 2. Can't pin reigns or rollins.

>low tier
Skull Crushing Finale - kicked out of by midcarder ziggler twice in the same match. Every top tier guy kicks out at least once
Walls of Jericho - I don't remember when he last beat someone with this
Accolade - Can beat enzo. That's it
Empire Elbow - Apparently this is a finisher
>>
>>2167030
Finishers in NXT are far more protected than they are on the main roster. Stop talking out your fucking ass
>>
>>2167160
>>
>>2167480
Autism
>>
>>2167415
by a shitter like the undercarder
>>
>>2167480
Undertaker and Ambrose have both kicked out of Roman's spear
>>
Add 3D to god tier
>>
>>2167485
Bullshit
>>
>>2166966
Has any finisher never been kicked out of?

G-berg's Jackhammer?

I think the 3D was only kicked out of clean once in ECW. Does anyone remember who it was? What about the 3D in WWE?
>>
>>2167544
Tanaka in ECW, never in WWE, I think TNA done it with MCMG. Jackhammer has been kicked out of dozens or times iirc
>>
>>2167544
>>2167621
Jackhammer has only been kicked out of once when Hogan went off script because of course it was fucking Hogan going off script.
>>
>>2167522
It's true. Finishers are usually match enders in NXT. Joe beat both Nakamura and Balor with 1(one) musclebuster. Only 2 people have kicked out of the kinshasa in 11 months. I can't remember a single time where anyone ever escaped the Asuka lock once it was fully locked in.
>>
>>2166966
>Surprise Roll Up
You mean Surprise Roll Up with "HE'S GOT THE TIGHTS"
>>
>>2167627
100% sure the Jackhammer was kicked out of a few times in WWE.
>>
Walls of Jericho doesn't even belong on the list, desu.

>Avalanche/Super AA
Had anybody kicked out of this before AJ? Might deserve False God Tier

>>2167017
It literally pinned Seth when he was champ. Seth was completely KTFO but Neville made the cover too deep and Seth's foot landed on the rope.
>>
>>2167659
Bayley did, didn't she?
>>
Roll up gets a 75% power increase when used on women, make sure to note that
>>
>>2167723
Owens kicked out of the super AA
>>
>>2167732
That's still two top guys. Roughly equivalent to Roman's spear (Dean, Seth with a ref bump delay) and Dirty Deeds (Brock, Cena), imo.
>>
>>2167729
Once. That's the only time. No one has kicked out of the roundhouse kick to the head yet though.
>>
>>2166991
It's heavily implied that Red Arrow is sort of a finisher above other finishers.
Nobody kicked out of it, and Neville would win against Seth if not for the rope break and against Cena if not for Rusev's interference.
It requires special conditions in order not to be effective, and so far it's been super effective against anyone, despite Neville's midcard status.
>>
>>2167765
why is neville in the cruiserweight shit? surely he's big enough and powerful enough to mess with the big boys? don't understand, seems under utilised, or is he there to give that shit some credibility?
>>
>>2167783
He's there to give the Cruiserweights credibility, yeah. He wasn't even on TV for months prior to this, it's ridiculous how underutilized he is. He's probably the best wrestler on the roster besides AJ.
>>
>>2167783
The second thing.
Creative probably thought
>hey, do we have some small... but big guys on the roster to throw into the CW divison?
>uh... there's Neville
>what about the other guys like Kalisto?
>no, we need to throw Neville in there
Nevermind Neville being over the weight limit by, I dunno, 20lbs. He mentioned in a promo that he swinged against people twice his size and all that jazz, though.
They're putting the title on him, so at least there's that.
>>
>God Tier
FU
F5
RKO
Tombstone Piledriver

>Great Tier
Red Arrow
Jackhammer
Chokeslam
Final Cut
Neutralizer
Styles Clash
Pedigree
Pop up Powerbomb
End of Days
Code Breaker
Sister Abigail
Skull crushing finale

>the others finishers
>>
>>2167824
there's no reason for jackhammer not to be god tier
>>
>>2167828
Seems that anon is literally just going on personal preference rather than kayfabe ranking of the move.
>>
show stoppers:
jack hammer
rko
spear
red arrow
brogue kick

main event finishers:
AA
F5
tombstone
pedigree

mid card finishers:
dirty deeds
walls of jericho
big ending
accolade
sister abigail

jobber finishers:
zig zag
skull crushing finale
code breaker
>>
>>2167659
BTFO
>>
>>2167718
Who? Haitch?

>>2167621
Jackhammer has been kicked out of dozens or times iirc

Dozens of times? No way. List any you remember, please.
>>
>>2167627
>Jackhammer has only been kicked out of once when Hogan went off script

Was this a PPV? Nitro? Story/details?
>>
Dirty Deeds is the most protected full time finisher atm
>>
>>2167904
Nah that's still the Spear.
>>
>>2167415
Liontamer has NEVER failed to get a tap.
>>
>>2167659
>Only 2 people have kicked out of the kinshasa in 11 months
So it's not protected and it's been kicked out of?
>>
>>2167718
Never been kicked out of except for when Hogan went off script in a tag match.

>>2167884
I can't remember the details but it might have been Goldberg and (I think?) DDP vs NWO (Hogan and Nash), DDP(?) and Nash were fighting on the outside when Goldberg hit the Jackhammer on Hogan. Goldberg goes for the pin and Hogan kicks out at 2.

Rumor is that Nash was meant to break the pin but Hogan told him not to bother. Match continued after this. Literally the only time the Jackhammer hasn't ended a match.
>>
>>2168394

Based Hulkster protecting his brand and getting over any way he can.
>>
Ultimate warrior kicked out of the pedigree..
Santino's cobra
Stone cold stunner
Khali's vice grip
Big ending
>>
>>2168408
>Ultimate warrior kicked out of the pedigree..
No he didn't.
>>
>>2168394
That sounds exactly like something Hogan would do 2bh
>>
>>2168411
My bad he stood right back up at WM12
https://youtu.be/5MwfiF_NCJ0
>>
>>2168445
Based Warrior making Trippple his bitch
>>
>>2168380
Didn't Cena break out of a Liontamer?
Don't remember it well enough, so it could've been the Walls.
>>
>>2168394
The Hogan stories that come out of the woodwork never fail to get a giggle out of me
>>
Bryan's running knee should be False God Tier. Only Roman kicked out of it.

>>2168445

That's not like main event Triple H.
>>
>>2169523
Bryans retired
>>
>>2167135
And he jobs out to Roman, who held the mid card title a week ago
>>
>>2166966
Omgea banned tier
The Punt
The curbstomp
>>
>>2170557
Based Large Canine
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.