[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

i heard hollywood hulk won the belt last night on wrestling, brotha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

i heard hollywood hulk won the belt last night on wrestling, brotha
>>
A hulk hogan title run at 65 years old would probably get above average casual interest, that's how bad wwe is right now
>>
>>2125158
What are some of his best matches?
>>
>>2125196
vs gawker, the peter thiel run in got a huge pop
>>
>>2125176
Hogan winning the belt in 2002 literally drove away a million viewers who NEVER EVER came back.

They hit the panic button hard and had him job to Undertaker asap to stop the bleeding. Then stuck Hogan as a midcard attraction jobbing to guys like Lesnar.

Hogan = Ratings Killer
>>
>>2125203
don't work yourself into a shoot, mark.
>>
>>2125203
Hey Mark
>>
>>2125207
The last time Hogan wasn't ratings cancer was in 96-98, and that's only because he flopped so hard as a babyface in WCW it coincidentally make him a great heel.

This is a shoot brother.
>>
>>2125214
Undertaker was a trusted hand to use as an interim champion, they soon passed the belt to a proper draw in The Rock.
>>
Dave Meltzer on Hulk Hogan's drawing power

>Hogan was a big draw for more years than Austin. But Austin's grosses were so huge that his few years were bigger than all of Hogan's put together. The profit margin in Austin's best year was more than the total profit margin, in fact, significantly more, between 1984 and 1992, which was the entire Hogan WWE era. Just so this isn't misinterpreted. WWF profits from 1984-92 were about $40-45 million total. Best single year was $6 million. Profits were never less than $56 million each year from 98-99 through 00-01.

>Hogan's coming didn't turn WCW around. Nitro did and a roster that had more star power than any roster in history. In WCW's best year and hottest period, Goldberg was the draw. When WCW was doing those 30,000 fan Nitros, Hogan was doing one of his retirements and the company was doing its biggest house show business ever without him.

>Hogan didn't draw that well at house shows in WCW until the entire company itself was on fire, and then they were drawing with him and without him. Hogan was never close to the man when it came to WCW's big period of ratings. Goldberg and Flair moved the audience the most consistently. Hogan was good, but he was second tier with Savage.

>In WWE, his first 2-3 PPVs and first TV appearances did great for the nostalgic return. Check the ratings that year. They died after a while. I remember the week, there was a Hogan interview shortly after he'd won the title where the audience tuned out in droves. They had to get the belt from him.
>>
well last night on wrestling he pinned the big bald bastard to regain the gold
>>
>>2125219
Oh I thought you were memeing but you're serious

Hogan in the title match of backlash brought the buyrate up from the previous year. As soon as the Undercarder was put in the title picture, buyrates for judgement day then king of the ring fell. Then the next PPV The Rock takes the belt off him and the buyrate went up

Undercarder proved for about the 20th time he never drew a dime
>>
>>2125229
Mad Money Meltz confirming that Hogan was nothing more than a nostalgia pop that got old fast; then sank the ratings like a stone.
>>
>>2125219
>>2125203

Hogan brought TNA it's biggest ratings and smackdown its greatest ratings. What are you talking about?
>>
>>2125229
>meltzer

Stopped reading right there. Everything meltzer says, the opposite is true. Try it yourself. You can choose anything he says and the opposite is true. He's a legitimate moron.
>>
>>2125229
>Goldberg and Flair
>Flair
>Doesn't mention Sting at all

lmao
>>
>>2125242
>Implying Stingetty drew even a fraction of the dimes Flair did.
>>
>>2125158
I used to know all their names brotha

whos the heavy weight nowadays? Motorcycle Marathon?
>>
he fucking hit a leg drop on charlie duster and won the frigging belt
>>
>>2125245
He drew the record buyrate for WCW and only one of two times they got over 500k buys
>>
>>2125242
Kek meltzer is a moron. You can look up the house show attendances on his own website and put em in an excel sheet. Hogan had the biggest house show numbers followed by Sting, then Goldberg. Flair was a complete flop and non factor to house show attendances.
>>
>>2125235

Hogan was behind TNA's move to Monday nights and egotistically smeared his brand all over the show. Which quickly sank ratings down to a pathetic 0.6 & 0.5.
>>
>>2125247
idk they got some big asian who wears a bulletproof vest going after the belt and the guy who has the belt looks like my nephew elvis
>>
>>2125253
lmao is this nwowolfcucktv twisting numbers again?

stop jerking off to your roid monkeys and get out of your basement already
>>
>>2125245
>literally has the all time high buyrate for WCW
>wreck flair was crying backstage getting bullied by Scott Steiner in the meantime
>>
i heard wwe let taz wrestle at ecw last night and he won the belt
>>
RAW ratings in 2002 before Hogan politicked his old crusty ass into another undeserved title run: 4.75

Raw ratings at the end of Hogans abortion of a title run: 3.91 & 3.7

WWE only ever had 3 weeks worth of ratings above 4 again for the rest of 2002, the highest being 4.25. Not even close to what they were before Hogan won at Backlash.

Hogan murdered RAWs ratings and they never recovered. This is backed up by cold, hard facts.
>>
Why the FUCK is this thread filled with so many marks getting worked by the Hulkster
>>
>>2125290
He's been working everyone for the past 30 years.
>>
>>2125284
see
>>2125233

Undercarder killed the draw, the post wm18 show and the week after did a 5.3 and 5.4. Hogan won the title and they were in the mid-high 4s. Undercarder gets put in the title picture and he tanks king of the ring and literally gets it cancelled

Maybe Hogan fifteen years ago could have carried Undercarder but they needed a mega draw then which was the rock
>>
>>2125284
50 year old hogan marks on suicide watch
>>
>>2125284
Yeah undercarder killed the ratings once again
>>
File: 1483759231597.jpg (73KB, 320x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483759231597.jpg
73KB, 320x240px
hollywood hulk friggin hogan man :)
>>
File: 1483482674093.jpg (149KB, 786x758px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483482674093.jpg
149KB, 786x758px
>>2125203
Hi Steve
>>
>>2125203
Um no

Ratings and buy rates didn't tank until AFTER Undercarder got involved

But nice try Stevetty
>>
>>2125229
>>Hogan didn't draw that well at house shows in WCW until the entire company itself was on fire, and then they were drawing with him and without him. Hogan was never close to the man when it came to WCW's big period of ratings. Goldberg and Flair moved the audience the most consistently. Hogan was good, but he was second tier with Savage.

>Goldberg and Flair moved the audience the most consistently. Hogan was good, but he was second tier with Savage.

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

PFTTTT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Flair returns
>ratings drop the next week and they're in a half empty building like WCW again pre-hogan

Meltzer is so fucking shit. Just dick sucks whoever gives him the scoops. He's a troll.
>>
bump for the hulkster
>>
>>2125203
[citation needed]
>>
can hogan still fight
>>
>>2126629
That nigga can barely walk dude.
>>
>>2125352
>>2125610
Based Austin working Brutus
>>
>But Austin's grosses were so huge that his few years were bigger than all of Hogan's put together. The profit margin in Austin's best year was more than the total profit margin, in fact, significantly more, between 1984 and 1992, which was the entire Hogan WWE era. Just so this isn't misinterpreted. WWF profits from 1984-92 were about $40-45 million total. Best single year was $6 million. Profits were never less than $56 million each year from 98-99 through 00-01.

That's a murder
Based Stevegod
>>
>>2126671
it's crazy when you consider the state the company was in for 96-97, HBK and Bret nearly bankrupt them
>>
>>2126682
Jesus did I just finally see someone else that sees HBK/Bret as the most boring and overrated wrestlers of all fucking time?
>>
>>2126710
B B B ut they were good in ring performances! if people getting cared that the arenas would not be half full
>>
>>2126715
I also hate Flair. If any of those three (HBK/Bret/Flair) appear on my TV screen I instantly turn that shit off.

Bret is the worst. When they cart him out there with his gay ass long hair and leather fucking jacket I just cringe so fucking hard.

Glad I ain't the only one.
>>
>>2125624
When wcw was beating WWF in the ratings for months straight, hogan was the top guy and the champ. Is this guy retarded?
>>
>>2127154
Meltzer has Flair and Hogan as equal level draws for the 90s so yes
>>
>>2127161
Lel

I'll never listen to anything this guy says ever again
>>
>>2125229
Did anyone really give a shit about Flair in WCW? He just kinda seemed like he was there and that was it.
>>
>>2125624
What, are Scott Hall and Kevin Nash chopped liver?
>>
>>2127974
They might as well be.
>>
This thread is for the fucking Hulkster, brother.
>>
File: roman.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
roman.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
when will he go Heel?
>>
>>2125207
>>2125214
>>2125235
>>2125352
>>2125610
>>2126166
>>2125241
>>2125624
>>2127937
>this much seething in one thread. cuck chokin wasn't a draw, get over it marks
>>
>>2125229
BASED BIG DICK MELTZ

TERRETTY BTFO
>>
>>2130070
>calls people marks
>cares who drew the most money in scripted fake fighting
>>
>>2130078
>cares who drew the most in an industry which has the sole goal of making money
Have sex
>>
>>2130097
gain
height
>>
can you guys post some good pics of hulk hogan in this thread?
>>
File: hulk trump.jpg (99KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hulk trump.jpg
99KB, 675x1200px
>>2130422
>>
File: JUSTHogan.jpg (10KB, 243x208px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
JUSTHogan.jpg
10KB, 243x208px
>>2130422
>>
File: hulk.jpg (62KB, 618x419px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hulk.jpg
62KB, 618x419px
>>2130422
this
>>
we need more hulkster pix!!!!
>>
>>2125235
What he's saying is that he was making smackdown the better brand back when the idea of raw not being number one set off vince's WCW panic alarm.

Instead of guys who can't wrestle, but are charasmatic fucks, he gets guy who can neither wrestle are have all the mic work of a wooden plank, an actualy dog from the kennel of hell match would draw more public interest and get over with the fans more then reigns would on the stick.

and that dog would prolly be dead by old age now.
>>
can you guys keep this thread bumped? i think hulk deserves a good thread
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.