[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst rumbles.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So I have been rewatching a bunch of rumbles lately in anticipation of the Royal Rumble. Pic related has been the worst one so far.

>Crappy undercard
>Shit participants
>No star power aside from Stone Cold and maybe Kane/Chyna in the rumble itself.
>Nonsensical eliminations
>Shit winner

Sure the angle was white hot at the time, but it totally diminished the idea of the Rumble. The lack of star power really bothered me. Taker makes an appearance, but isn't in the Rumble. Kane has a very brief moment in it as well, even though he is over as fuck. It is pretty much the Stone Cold show.

The I Quit match is memorable, but hard as fuck to watch.
>>
>>2097044
I'll slap the shit outta you
>>
2015 is somehow even worse.
>>
>>2097059

At least it had the redeeming quality of the crowd completely shitting on it. That was entertaining.
>>
Disagree, the Rumble in 97 was a shit fest. Where the crowd don't know half the entrants cause Vince thought getting a bunch of no ones from the NWA and AAA made it look prestiges
>>
>>2097322
It was literally Vince attempting to copy WCW's cruiserweight division but failing miserably because everybody worth a shit had been signed.

Also because he didn't understand how to promote cruisers: say, that sounds familiar...
>>
>>2097322
i thought their roster was just so shit at the time he phoned a bunch of literal whos to pad out the rumble
>>
>>2097322
Austin was based in it though.
>>
>>2097044
What are your top 5 Rumbles? I might rewatch a few.
>>
Horrendous card besides the main event.
Main event boring as fuck.

AJ's debut and HHH's victory partly salvage it.
>>
>>2097381
But the Tag & IC Title matches were both really good.
>>
>>2097381
It was the best PPV this year by a mile.
>>
>>2097339

1992: oldie, but goodie. Starstudded Rumble.

2001: plenty of good shit happening between the start ans finish.

2002: again, plenty of entertaining shit, plus a few notable returns

2004: benoit winning the thing was ar the time pretty fucking mind blowing.

And the one with Taker vs Hbk as the final two. Can't remember the year.
>>
>>2097415

05 was a good Rumble too and became GOAT with the ending.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.