[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's address the elephant in the room. Why was the Cruiserweight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

Let's address the elephant in the room.

Why was the Cruiserweight division such a complete, total, unquestionable bust?
>>
Because the WWE cant book anything to atleast decent levels?
>>
Manlets are boring
>>
Cause they made such a big deal out of it. The old cruiser weight title was just a belt the smaller guys could get, nione of this stupid segregation of talent nonsense
>>
Because smarks are stupid. No one wants to see fucking manlets unless they're Mexican and kill themselves
>>
>>2097019
I don't think it was a Roman Reigns tier bust but it was really bad.
>>
>>2097023
This.

Specifically Vince.

>>2097031
Do you even know what a smark is?
>>
>>2097019
Because they're completely separate from the Raw roster, which makes them look like an afterthought. They need to have singles bouts with the main roster guys. Drew and Tony need to go over the Shining Stars in a match. TJP needs to defeat the odds and land a surprise victory over Sheamus. Strowman needs to completely fuck up some of these guys in a match.

As is, they are treated like a minor league and are interpreted by the audience as such.
>>
>>2097046
Also, it's legitimately ridiculous that it has been months and we still haven't seen TJP and Xavier nerd out about classic video games in a backstage segment.

TBK never interacts with Steph or Foley using his veteran status to get matches booked in his favor.

Cedric Alexander hasn't had an "I ruhspec you" match with Mark Henry like every other black wrestler gets to have.

Rich Swann hasn't had a danceoff with Fandango before squashing him.

Noam Dar hasn't gotten his shit kicked in by Sasha and Charlotte after interrupting one of their promos to hit on them.

I'm genuinely curious if any of them will have a spot in the Rumble.
>>
>>2097019
>debut handled horribly with Cuck Foley flubbing his lines even while using cue cards making his promo seem disingenuous and something not worthy of attention
>newly crowned champ wasn't even on the debut show
>newly crowned champ was TJP
>no introduction to any of the wrestlers prior to this unless you watched the CWC
>first few weeks was practically nothing but tag matches in a division where there are no tag belts or even feuds for that matter
>none of them given characters or mic time except Kendrick, and this is still one of the biggest problems, the only other guy with a charachter is Based Gentleman, who is actually getting crowd reactions and is basically the only cruiser weight who people talk about

Also this >>2097066
The fact that none of them interact with the main roster makes them feel even less important and an afterthought. At least have them beat some of the guys on the lower card.
>>
Because they've gone to the trouble of starting a cruiserweight division, then made all of the guys in it wrestle in the utterly boring as fuck WWE style. So rather than having over the top flippy shit, they're doing the exact same stuff you can see during the rest of Raw.
>>
purple ropes
>>
>>2097156
This, they should just let them do whatever they fucking want in the ring besides the booked finish, rest of the match should be up to them.
>>
>>2097156
Is it because of the WWE touring schedule? Those moves are more dangerous, and they would have to do them multiple times per week with few opportunities to rest up between performances. Especially if they have to do flippyshit on Raw and then immediately hop on a plane to whatever city Smackdown is in and do flippyshit there for 205Live.
>>
>>2097176
Do the cruisers even work house shows?
>>
>>2097066
>Neville got an "I ruhspec you" match with Henry
>Neville got the pin and was on the black team for the Black History Month match

What did Adrian "Give me fried chicken to get this dickin" Neville mean by this
>>
>>2097019
Cruiserweights have always been the high adrenaline undercarders setting up the crowd for the big guys.

Problems?

The main event guys are now doing flippy shit and suicide dives too. And the CW division seems to have gone in a more technical direction. Couple this with the only decent personality in the entire division, Kendrick, getting diluted, and it's a bust.

Best case scenario is Kendrick becomes a player in the IC picture and Neville turns his heel turn in to great momentum
>>
>>2097210
They need to stop guys doing suicide dives. Just about everyone does them. It's like the superkick. So many moves are overused.
>>
>>2097176
>>2097178
does it fucking matter? They're gonna get injured anyway working two nights in a row and then with PPV shit every other week
>>
>>2097231
By this logic everybody on WWE house shows would be, like, TRIPLE injured.
>>
File: fabulous.png (505KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
fabulous.png
505KB, 500x566px
>>2097019
Because they didn't draft the Based Geordie straight away.

It's getting better now though. Neville will bring the Cruiserweight division to new heights, just like he did with NXT.
>>
They didn't put the CWC on raw
>>
They dont let the flippy guys do flippy shit for Raw or 205. I know you want to protect these guys and prevent them from hurting themselves, but they should showcase why they are on the show for the televised events. Or at least for the PPVS
>>
The fact that they have their own show is was kills it for me. the CWC was fun to watch but 205 Live doesn't interest me at all except for the first episode which i watched to see what it was about.
just throw them in the main roster against RAM/SDL talent.
>>
>>2097019
Because they're have only four interesting cruisersterns: Based Kendrick, Adrian, Gentleman Jack and Swann
>>
>>2097066
Sasha and Charlotte's names don't sound like "fuck", Dar ain't interested.
>>
File: file.png (386KB, 388x435px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
386KB, 388x435px
They don't have enough Mexicans. WCW had enough Mexicans to make their division good.
>>
They shipped a bunch of literal whos and gave them a belt, also overhyped the thing to hell
They cwc crowd was smaller and knew what they were going to watch, raw crowds need stars
>>
2 real reasons

>1. Vince has never ever got Cruiserweight wrestling.
It's common knowledge that he likes well built tall heavyweights. So the smaller guys were always going to be an after thought to him. He couldn't give less of a shit how they're booked.

>2. Too many restrictions.
WWE won't let them do the death defying moves that cruiserweight wrestling is really known for. They're Forced to wrestle the regular WWE style. That gives them zero chance from ever standing out and truly being unique.
>>
They made them wrestle a slower style than the main roster
>>
File: 1480407620998.gif (2MB, 235x173px) Image search: [Google]
1480407620998.gif
2MB, 235x173px
Other anons have hit all the main points. If WWE is afraid of the flippy guys getting hurt by doing too many flips, then they should just save the flippy guys for bigger better events. Scrap the cruiserweight division, scrap 205 Live, give the flippy guys just one match per week and let them go all out with it. Then give them a real spot on the cards of PPVs for the flippy championship and let them do flippy shit for 20-30 minutes and put on real awe inspiring flippy spectacles.

There's no point having a flippy division if you aren't gonna let your flippy guys do flips.

Knowing cheap ass Vince he wouldn't this because he wants his workers to work as much as possible, to that I say give the flippy guys some time on RAM to cut promos and build their characters and feuds. That way the workers are still working without injuring themselves or oversaturating their market. Or just make the flippy guys part time. Either one works.
>>
>>2097023
>>2097045
Actually it's just the talent they are all loser indie rats who don't understand that nobody but fat virgins care about them

Same can be said with the regular roster stacked with indie losers, not one dime!
>>
In the beginning they pushed the wrong guys, TJP and Rich Swann should be jobbers. The only one they got right was TBK. With based Gallagher, Neville and Noam Dar I would say it's getting more interesting.
>>
>>2098758
The sad thing is that Vince actually did give Sin Cara a chance to do all of this. His constant botches ruined flippy shit in the WWE being taken seriously.
>>
For one thing, 205 Live should not exist
Cruiserweights are perfect for filling time in a 3 hour Raw while actually being entertaining, but they're spreading the division too thin. I don't want to watch ANOTHER hour of television, just distill it down to the good parts and put that on Raw. Why are the Bollywood Boys on my television screen, just give me the good shit.
>>
>>2097019
Well for starters, their inaugural champion was that faggot on the left.

Couple that with taping 205 Live in front of a smackdown crowd post-show, when the brand itself belongs to RAW, which is absurd since RAW clearly caters to casuals and cruiserweights DO NOT.
>>
>>2098758
flippity floppity floop
>>
File: its me its me, its t j p.gif (2MB, 500x177px) Image search: [Google]
its me its me, its t j p.gif
2MB, 500x177px
>>
>>2098758
This actually makes sense desu, bet if there was less I wouldn't hate the flippy shit
>>
>>2098797
Noam Dar is the worst wrestler you named by a fucking landslide.
>>
>>2097019
how did they not think an overbite monster mask wasn't stupid?
>>
>>2099441
too many negatives in that one, but you know what i mean
>>
>>2097019
Raw ruins anything it touches.
>>
>>2098977
I like 205 live, but really they should be giving about an hour of raw to the cruiser weights so they can actually wrestle proper matches and get their storylines out there. A month of 6 man tag matches did nothing for anyone.

>>2099164
He might not be great, but his creepy gimmick is pretty good.
>>
>>2097019
It wasn't. It gave us Gallagher and Big Date Rape Dar.
>>
TJP made the cruiserweight division DOA
>>
>>2098758
Difference between those cruiserweights and current is the fact that most of them aren't mexicans, and the style of wrestling is similar to the one we see normally on RAM, but with smaller guys.
>>
TJP was the reason.

Worst gimmick of the modern era. I literally feel bad for the dude.
>>
>>2097019

They didn't let based Kendrick be champion long enough. Give him more mic time, give him more time with matches. Give the CW's more time in general. Keeping them apart from everyone else was a mistake.
>>
>>2097019

Put on Raw which at 3 hours and with the brand split is still somehow crowded so they don't get enough time.

They also end up getting stuck between mostly bad backstage segments so the ring crew can set all the cruiserweight shit up and take it down so by default your arleady less exited.

Some of them are also being stuck with shit to work with.
>>
It also kind feels like they are the least important people. Why care about the devision when they only go for the cruiser weight title on a show where the majority is spent focusing on the universal belt. I feel like people like Kendrick, Neville and a few of the others should be getting into other feuds outside the devision just so they feel like a bigger deal. Like Neville is the perfect example of somebody who was trying to go after other belts then just got moved into the devision.
>>
>>2100258

I don't know why they did that. It's retarded. I'd have 205 Live be the first hour of Raw, if they had to be apart from the rest of the roster.
>>
>>2100258
Didn't TNA do a thing where they could trade in the belt for a shot at the championship? They should do that, but with the US and IC titles as a choice too,

>>2100261
I doubt USA would be happy with that, but the Cruiserweights should certainly get an hours worth of RAWs time. As it is they get about 15 minutes which is ridiculous for an entire division.
>>
I don't want to start a new thread. Rank your top 5 cruiserweights.
>TBK
>Jack Gallagher
>Neville
>Noam Dar
>Drew Gulak
I liked Rich Swann on NXT but now all he does is smile and dance. When he dedicated his title win to his mom in heaven I got sentimental but that was ages ago. He's one or two notches above Apollo Crews in personality. I like Cedric Alexander but he's been made to look like a chump for a couple weeks now. I'm not thrilled by the guy, but I don't know why you guys hate TJP so venomously.l

Overall I think 205Live has been getting interesting the last few weeks. I care more about watching it than NXT at the moment. The gentleman's duel was a better comedy skit than anything on the main roster in a long while. Besides the individual wrestlers, what do you think about the show (if you've actually watched the last episode or two)?
>>
>>2100261

Like theres no reason we couldnt see them wrestling Zayne, Jericho, Rollins or Cesaro it just sucks they are all constrained to the division.
>>
>>2100268
No order, except number 1.
Gallagher
Tozawa (whenever he turns up but was on the last NXT)
Swann, but I agree he hasn't been as good lately
Neville
TBK

All in all they were better on the CWC because they could do whatever they wanted it seems. Apart from Jack who even got the duel on 205 over. It seems WWE know he's over but are keeping him away from the title scene for the time being. Which is good because it's pretty boring but heating up now angry Geordie is here.
>>
>>2097019

>ninja graphics
>purple ropes
>purple belt
>supposed to be flippy shit
>almost never do flips
>no integration with the rest of the roster at all
>no character building
>no luchadores

literally all they had to do was copy the wcw cruiserweight division. it was absolutely perfect in wcw. whoever is advising the senile old man needs to get fired.
>>
>>2097019
Because the smarks were wrong and apparently good wrestling skill doesn't actually translate to good wrestling.
>>
>>2100469
>no integration with the rest of the roster at all
THIS. I'm praying for the day they allow the Cruiserweights to actually fight the rest of the roster.
>>
>>2100517
Another anon in here said it well. Completely separating them just turns them into a sideshow and makes them look like minor leaguers. I cringe every time they're out there and it's really not their fault.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.