[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HIdden Gems 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: SO.jpg (99KB, 670x388px) Image search: [Google]
SO.jpg
99KB, 670x388px
We already have best of and worst of threads. This thread is for the pleasant little surprises that you enjoyed along the way in 2016. Nothing that blew the world of wrestling up, just things people may not remember that deserve one final look back on.

I was a big fan of Social Outcasts. My favorite thing was how none of them got an ego and tried to make themselves the leader (although there were subtle hints that Bo was going to do that in-story). It was four guys who knew they weren't household names doing everything in their power to try and get at least one member over. You could see that in their intro whenever WWE actually showed their entrance.
>Bo would come out and strike a thinking pose center ramp
>Slater and Rose come out excited and jovial taking a spot slightly in front of Bo
>They'd set up a wall to reveal Curtis Axel (The "muscle" of the group) who would spread his arms and do a gut shout as he took the lead looking genuinely powerful
>They'd all walk down the rest of the ramp shoulder to shoulder
Every guy had a thing. And every guy would walk out even if only one of them was in the match. So they were always helping each other get screen time. They seemed like genuine friends. I also loved how Bo would lead everybody in a lap around the ring and the announcers would call it the "Bo Train", especially since Godfather just got into the HoF.

Off course, Adam Rose's troubles mid-year ended the group for good. I miss these guys. Heath is doing great, Bo at least has something going on, but Axel is totally missing. Axelmania was fantastic, I hope WWE find something for him soon.
>>
>>2096947
>Spending the day posting one-word replies on an unpopular anonymous message board is for non-autistic people such as myself
Thanks for the bump.
>>
>>2096954
>Spending the day posting one-word replies on an unpopular anonymous message board is for non-autistic people such as myself
You could at least have the courtesy to bump me
>>
I thought the social outcasts was a great act, because I like all the pieces individually. Heath slater has proven he can get over if given the chance since he did when he went undrafted then formed slyno. Axel was Vince's toy for a minute until he saw big e and forgot about him. I loved rose and miss him everyday, especially if you watch old nxt where the adam rose character was over as hell and I know it's a meme crowd but even in fcw or any Leo Kruger stuff I thought that character was well developed. And bo is a gem and has been so poorly underutilized. I miss his nxt gimmick
>>
>>2096971
Rose was great. I would have liked to see Rose team up with Breeze rather than Fandango. They'd probably get NXT chants in every match.

I don't know why they can't just give Bo time. He's a funny guy, and even if some people don't find him funny that's okay since he's supposed to be a heel. There are literally no downsides to giving Bo five minutes to be Bo every Monday. The biggest problem in WWE is that they would rather show replays twenty times in one episode rather than give any mid or undercard guy a short promo. So much of Raw & Smackdown is filler that the fact there are guys we haven't seen in months is pants-on-head retarded.

Take this past Raw. Strowman interrupted a Shining Stars, Bo, and Young match. Given how much of that show was flashbacks to the opening segment, there's no reason none of those four guys could have gotten their intros played. Or better yet, had those 20 second promos play in the little box while they walked to the ring. Or better yet, had a two-minute backstage segment setting up the match. Why should any Bo Dallas fan keep expecting him to do anything if this is what creative thinks of him?

And sure, he's supposed to be a jobber I guess. But defeating Bo Dallas can't make any other wrestler look good if nobody in the audience cares about Bo Dallas.
>>
Fashion Police were a highlight anytime they got on-camera.

>>2096971
Axel was never a Vince Guy and he only got the IC Champ because Fandango was injured.

Who actually was Vince's toy at that time.

>>2097032
Rose & Breeze were very briefly a team in NXT.
>>
I remember Bo squashing Jobber and delivering poems in late-mid of this year, what comes out of that anyway? I thought it was the start of a lowcard feud
>>
Bo should start fighting in the cruiserweight division and just plug his ears and go "LALALA" every time somebody tries to tell him he's too big.
>>2097220
The problem was that he actual put on a good back-and-forth match with Axel instead of squashing him. It makes for a better match, but audience perception is that Axel is as weak as they get. So it only really hurt Bo's power level.

Actually, the real problem is that Roman has the USA belt. Mid and low-card wrestlers have nothing to fight over to try and gain relevancy. Even the tag belts, which could have possibly gone to some low-level guys considering New Day are a comedy group, are now locked up by Sheamus and Cesaro who are two very strongly booked individuals that will probably hold the belts until they break up.

So what the actual fuck is a Bo Dallas push supposed to build towards? He's not beating Roman. Fuck Roman.
>>
>>2097226
The real problem is that making Bo a GRR I'M SERIOUS NOW :( heel removes his best trait.
>>
>>2096942
Axel and Bo were great in this. Slater was shit in them but became based after the draft. Rose was shit ever since he came into the WWE.
>>
File: Tyler-Breeze-Fandango-1.jpg (64KB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
Tyler-Breeze-Fandango-1.jpg
64KB, 840x473px
>>2096942
Based Breezango should be the top heel team on SDL
>>
Curtis brought back the Axelmania gimmick on a house show recently, so there's that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.